What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starlight Parcel Items

Comments

• Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    The recompense issue primarily is about the Zen bought parcels. The free ones just crossed the 5+ limit, so few of the free ones should be really impacted by the bug.

The fair recompense probably would be to just re-issue the Zen-bought parcels. They might have a hard time doing that though if their logs do not contain enough data, since also the free ones are 'bought'.
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    I opened around 60 of them so ... did not see this post. And that was like .. a few days ago.. Oh boy
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    well, that is good to know.
    thank you.

and could you please ask, if they could look into the Winter Festival ZEN charge promotion companion?
    it appears, that the active bonus of that companion isn't working...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    eractic#9186 eractic Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Knew something was up after buying 40 parcels and getting a ton of fireworks and a green Swashbuckler......seriously need to test drop rates before letting it go live, players already have enough issues with this game, this event was meant to be a fun and have a great chance at some good rewards, not to feel shafted because something we buy with cash is broken. I would expect some kind of compensation or last time I put cash towards this game. Get it right next time guys.
    Guild : Straight Outta Neverwinter
    Main : Thorak (GWF) 4,1k
    Alts : Eractic (HR) 2,8k
    Ragner (CW) 2,7k
    Rico (DC) 2,6k
    Leo (TR) 2,4k
    Maus (GF) 2,7k
    Lucifer (Sw) 2,4k
    9 other scrub lvl 70s(mainly AD farmers and banks)
  • Options
    nathant1988#4525 nathant1988 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    They have to refund you it's the same as buying a faulty product from a store call you bank some can help depending on your account type also xbone have responsibility to look after you, ring them
    (but see what the competition is first)
    You never know they might surprise us this year yet
  • Options
    zeroscarlett#9233 zeroscarlett Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I keep getting novelty items, and also spent zen to get the companion for the event... is that really bugged too? It kind of discourages me from wanting to participate...
  • Options
    mikesauv#9806 mikesauv Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yea so the 70+ parcels that I opened, I expect that they should be given back to me........ Otherwise i'm going to be one big unhappy camper thats for sure.
  • Options
    mikesauv#9806 mikesauv Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Completely agree with you. I am extremely upset because this has happened to me as well. I am hoping that this gets resolved.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I was wondering why all I got was junk - even the same scarf over and over again and fireworks. I kept looking and it said "at this level you get CTA stuff, at this level NICE things" but still scarves and fireworks.

And for real - how about making it bound to account rather than bound to character? Two of my friends have pulled the same companions that they got from the CTA's on the character that they already had them on - at least if it were bound to account we could put it on a different one and actually utilize them.

Do I need to put in a ticket for my broken boxes? Or will you all know and magically make it better?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    Two of my "here's your daily gift!" voucher boxes bugged tonight. I'd hit the 20 mark with the bag drops from party gifts so thought I'd be okay. Nope. Two of the dailies with sunbeams and a lantern only. so it's not just the "bought" parcels.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1226509/starlight-parcel-items/p1

Update 4pm PT
    We have found a fix for this issue. This may take up to 48 hours to go through so we will be looking how to address the individuals impacted prior to the fix going live.

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited December 2016

I don't think you people know exactly what happened. Every single item you got from these Parcels are EXACTLY what you were suppose to get. Every scarf, every enchantment, etc.

The ONLY issue with the Parcels is they were not dropping the Rare Equipment. So every Parcel you opened that didn't have one of the 'and one of the following' items was supposed to be a piece of Rare Equipment.

So the people complaining about 'junk' items and duplicate items... your luck just sucks. These 'broken' Parcels are not the reason you got what you did. Even if they Parcels were giving out the Rare Equipment like they were suppose to you would have gotten the SAME EXACT items otherwise.

You're saying this in a thread where Cryptic has admitted there was a problem with the loot tables for the parcels ...
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

I don't think you people know exactly what happened. Every single item you got from these Parcels are EXACTLY what you were suppose to get. Every scarf, every enchantment, etc.

The ONLY issue with the Parcels is they were not dropping the Rare Equipment. So every Parcel you opened that didn't have one of the 'and one of the following' items was supposed to be a piece of Rare Equipment.

So the people complaining about 'junk' items and duplicate items... your luck just sucks. These 'broken' Parcels are not the reason you got what you did. Even if they Parcels were giving out the Rare Equipment like they were suppose to you would have gotten the SAME EXACT items otherwise.

Hmmmmm... I think I never got any equipment item this time... I discard 'em anyways. Damn! So no real loss to all these ppl?! xP
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    urabask said:

You're saying this in a thread where Cryptic has admitted there was a problem with the loot tables for the parcels ...
    ikr xD

Delete it! Quick! Make them pay us! Haha

Can the others attest that they didn't get any equipment?
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Sorry if i say this, but i am happy not to be alone in this case, first day just sabiki rig, than just fireworks, i was like holy * and moved on to play another game for 3 days.

Yes some sort of consolidation price would be appreciated, i could give ideas how we do it here on the good old continent.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    I didn't know this and not only opened all my parcels but bought $20 work too. These should be replaced or some compensation. I thought I just had <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> luck.
  • Options
    iceman#9406 iceman Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Any news on latest progress?
  • Options
    irfaanirfaan Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    damn, was this from day one?
    I opened at least 5 parcels on 18 different characters
  • Options
    naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    So, what exactly is the problem with the parcels? Is it getting only the gift on some of the parcels and no other items? Or is it a drop rate issue? I'm pretty sure I've had some parcels and bags with only the gift inside and nothing else. But I've had a few somewhat decent prizes. I'm not sure what the 'Rare equipment' is supposed to be though.

To compensate people after fixing, an easy way would be to give them as many parcels as they have already opened. Pretty sure people would be satisfied with that, specially if not all of the parcels were bugged.
  • Options
    hadin1983hadin1983 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    My issue is like most I bought 3 20 packs for $60, fix the issue and give me my 3 packs again and call it a day
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    I purchased 40 of them off the zen market. I want a refund or reimburse of these items.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

So, what exactly is the problem with the parcels? Is it getting only the gift on some of the parcels and no other items? Or is it a drop rate issue? I'm pretty sure I've had some parcels and bags with only the gift inside and nothing else. But I've had a few somewhat decent prizes. I'm not sure what the 'Rare equipment' is supposed to be though.

To compensate people after fixing, an easy way would be to give them as many parcels as they have already opened. Pretty sure people would be satisfied with that, specially if not all of the parcels were bugged.

The issue is: As you open more parcels, the possible loot is supposed to get better. However, if your parcel contained "better loot" from the better loot table, you instead got nothing.

Basically, think of it like a lottery ticket. If you win another free ticket, you get it. If you win $5, you get it. If your ticket says you win $1000, you don't get the money. That's the problem.

(And yes, each character gets X free parcels, where X is the number of parcels on the pre-fix parcel counter, would solve the problem nicely. Some people would get more Pres Wards and Scrolls Of Mass Life than they were supposed to, but oops? There's no super-valuable stuff dropping in the parcels yet, so there's no issue with "flooding the market" with fixed parcels.)
  • Options
    baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    I bought 20 on the first day of the event. Got nothing but R6's. :(
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • Options
    orb#6141 orb Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Is this fix you're working on for all platforms? I ask, because this is also happening on PS4. Out of the boxes I've opened on all my characters, all I have gotten so far is one Lliira's Bell, one scarf, and a whole lot of fireworks, beams, and lanterns. It's really disappointing.
  • Options
    smallsdatrsmallsdatr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am glad to see that the PS4 folks can now see the pain that PC and Xbox has had for a while now... unclear support. I swear, if we QA'd like Arc QA's we'd all be fired and looking for new jobs.

After opening 300+ parcels since the event started, it'd be nice to see some sort of compensation come back - but I doubt that will happen. Hell, I can't even find the original thread on this that explains the issue. What I can say is that after my first 25 or so, all I've gotten are R6 enchantments and lights of Simril - yay, that makes me feel wonderful. *sarcasm inserted*
This discussion has been closed.