test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starlight Parcel Items

Comments

• Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    But mailing them means account wide since every character gets the mail, the parcels are done on a character basis. so will we receive a mail per character or have to claim the items all on one character?

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User

Lol My support ticket tells me there's nothing wrong and then links an out of date wikia page that tells me I was right about them not paying gifts properly, I would be happy with the 117 parcels back but now I want a cherry on top for support being so bad with the issue

*This* is (part of) the reason why we usually don't get responsive action.
  • Options
    sloshy#5500 sloshy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Is it fixed not been compensated yet
  • Options

Support for this game and every other F2P game in the world will never admit a mistake when talking to support. I am convinced they are trained to word things a certain way so they don't admit guilt. Speaking from experience.

Support people may actually be barred from playing the game. It is sometimes a condition of employment in the tech world.
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User

I have to agree with billyriz12 about how bad their support is. I purchased the Knox Recruitment Package because it was on discount and the 2 Runic Bags were included ($32 value). So I ended up paying $8 for a Lv70 + other goodies. Anywho... Those bags were suppose to come Bind to Account. They show up in my inventory as Bound to Character. It took support exactly 2 weeks to replace those bags. The entire time they were trying to place the blame on me. First they said bags automatically go to an open slot when acquired and they could not replace them. After showing them OVER A YEAR AGO that was changed they proceeded to insinuate I had equipped them myself. First, how does support not know or have access to information regarding ALL bags? Second, why would you accuse me of being the reason when you could simply look at the logs. Finally I sent them a response explaining that if my Runic Bags remained Bound to Character they were guilty of not only false advertising but deceptive acts and practices (bait and switch, etc) and that I would be filing a dispute with my bank. After ALL that they claimed they were going to do me a ONE-TIME exception of replacing the bags.

Long story short; they will not admit (through the ticket service) that a mistake was made. They will try to project blame elsewhere. Claiming it was a one-time thing? Nah, you will fix YOUR errors or I will happily walk away with my money back.

So requesting a 'cherry on top' seems very proper (although we know it won't happen) for instances when support doesn't properly do their job.

The bags that come with the knox pack are bound to account until you equip them at which point they bind to that character.

Just because it says you have opened 117 does not mean you have opened that many parcels from zen market as starlight bags count to your total number and from my understanding they are only reimbursing the parcels and not the bags.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    jeffwilks#8516 jeffwilks Member Posts: 1 New User
    Still not fixed for me or a few other I play with.
  • Options
    blayzinkief420blayzinkief420 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    11:06 AM EST. there was a suposed patch early this morning. And i opened 12 more boxes from zen 271 total on my main toon i play used all 12 guess what i got i got 6 lvl 70 blue unidentified items. And a few green rim fires worthless now we are operating at 50% chance to pull anything good and 50% to pull blue ubidentified <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> equipment items we normally throw away....
  • Options

litaaers said:

Support for this game and every other F2P game in the world will never admit a mistake when talking to support. I am convinced they are trained to word things a certain way so they don't admit guilt. Speaking from experience.

Support people may actually be barred from playing the game. It is sometimes a condition of employment in the tech world.
    My comment has no relevance to whether or not they are allowed to use the products. I believe they are trained or encouraged to project blame elsewhere or say whatever they can to make the player feel like there was no mistake (or it was the players).
    I know @zeromusxxx#3053 . This was a 'yes, and..' situation.

And I agree about support 'should' be good. But when people say 'my support experience was bad. Pay me.', that just encourages people to be HAMSTER when calling support. That is speaking from *my* experience as Support Tech in the 90's-2000's.

Cherries come when you don't demand them. That's what makes them cherries. (They taste fruitier, too!)
  • Options
    geminisky59#9345 geminisky59 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    I think this fix made thing worse as far as loot. Yesterday I opened over 35 parcels and got at least 6 or 7 epic items and 3 or epic companions, plus retraining tokens. Now when I open the parcels I get nothing but unidentified blue junk equipment and green items. very sad. Was our status also reset as to the # of packages we had already opened prior to the fix?
  • Options
    irfaanirfaan Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    has anyone been rewarded their parcels back?
  • Options
    They said that would happen soon after. Be patient.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    lol the dev said when he wakes up. he went to bed probably at 3 or 4 am pacific since his last posting was at 230 am. then he has to fight traffic and what not to get into the office have some coffee chat with his office mates attend some meetings. lol sometime today.. patience kemosabe.

and I think some people are not understanding what was broken. if you are recieving more than some starlight fireworks types things and a gift it's fixed.

it has looked fixed to me today
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    This is a a definite "Careful what you wish for" scenario. I think many people assumed the missing items were all Epics that could be sold for millions.....obviously wasn't the case. Seems to me the rare equipment loot option was broken, and therefore it didn't drop. The rest was probably working as intended. To those few who have use for blue equipment - awesome for them. Most people have no use for it (unless its skins that dont drop anymore....)

As for those who want their Zen back....goooooood luck. You are getting what you paid for an then some. Just cause you aren't happy with the results doesn't entitle you to a refund - they aren't Sam's Club.
  • Options
    naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Are they basing the number of returned parcels only on the ones you spent zen or also the ones you used a coupon?
    Edit: I'm guessing if it's only the opened ones, they won't distinguish between free ones and zen ones.
  • Options
    obliquity811obliquity811 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I'd been saving my Zen and spent 15,000 Zen on Zen zmarket Parcels and packs between my characters, I would like to know what the compensation will be as well because I bought those parcels in good faith.
  • Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    Okie dokie. Thanks for your patience. I'm starting to send the replacements to Lich now. It's gonna take a while to get through everyone.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    cscriv79 said:

But mailing them means account wide since every character gets the mail, the parcels are done on a character basis. so will we receive a mail per character or have to claim the items all on one character?

System mail like auction mail is per-character. They'll manage.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer

cscriv79 said:

System mail like auction mail is per-character. They'll manage.
    You'll get them directly into your inventory.
  • Options
    dantragbdantragb Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Will this be the same on the ps4 as well?
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Can we get verification if this compensation is ONLY Parcels, or are Bags included in the totals? Just curious really.
  • Options
    mofoconanmofoconan Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I really appreciate the fix and compensation!
    I think more people should be grateful.
    Lots of Richard-heads still complaining.
    Sad.
This discussion has been closed.