Install Arc
Options

Sea of Moving Ice Bugs and Issues

1235»

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    tantalic said:

My divine oracle did epic svardbord quite a few times and at a certain point many of the slotted powers bugged and can no longer be used. These include astral shield, bastion of health, daunting light, divine glow and divine armor. These powers no longer work in any slot. If I select other powers that I have enabled I can use them in those slots so it is not a keyboard issue. For example of I pick healing word in slot Q it works just fine but if I put bastion of health in slot Q, E, or R it doesn't work. Please take a look at this as it has severely affected my gameplay. I have also done a respect, reload and file checks and it didn't fix it. Radiance@tantalic

@tantalic

Sounds like this issue?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1225337/devoted-cleric-encounters-not-casting
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    tantalictantalic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    Yes sir same exact issue but a few different powers I will post this in the correct forum thank you.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited December 2016

obsiddia said:

I now get the message "There's no resistance" - in red, when I enter this zone.
    (Similar to the bug in the first three Icewind areas.) It's there only briefly.

Can't tell if this is because I got the purple pole, or the fishmonger has hit
    the 5000 limit, or something else. It may have shown up earlier than that,
    since it's on the screen such a short time.

My mistake... It now shows up when I enter any zone in the game.
    Does this have to do with the game checking if I'm returning to a
    saved point where I was in my boat?

I have the same red text message. Also getting the message my pocket pet gives when activated ("relax", etc) if it's active.

I don't have a purple pole, nor have I hit the 5000 limit, so it's not either of those.

I believe, due to the pocket pet message, that it is probably related to the Stronghold soup potion when active on the character.
    Nope, I am inclined to agree with Dupeks that the message only shows up if you're carrying a map bottle. Or possibly a map, but I've not had an opened map and no bottle since starting SoMI.

I don't use the Everfrost soup for SKT adventuring, just a normal stat enhancer.
    pitshade said:

My DC started Mod 10, original zones and SoMI the day before yesterday. Has opened every bottle and found the maps, has no purple fishing rod but does have a purple boat. She is getting the 'There is no resistance' message the same as my CW, who likewise carries no bottle, has a purple fishing rod but only a green boat. The CW has EF resist from boons, the DC does not.

OK, I still get the message while carrying bottles but no maps. Got the messages prior to getting the purple pole, don't recall whether it happened before or after acquiring the green boat. Doesn't appear to be the potion/pocket pet, but when the pocket pet is active I still get the associated text for whatever boost is active in addition to the 'There's no resistance' message. I did have the 2 ef resistance boons before entering SoMI, but 99% sure I did not get the red text until after finishing the opening quests in the area.

Edit: Also got messages with no bottles and no maps. So the only thing I had related to SKT was the ef resistance boons, the green boat, and a purple fishing pole. Since pitshade has different combos as he listed above, kind of lost.

Just to add to 'weird messages we're not supposed to see', still getting the immediate "you may only have one of these items equipped" message when picking up the do-3-quests-in-1-of-each-area daily, and on entering any of the 3 areas.
    Post edited by blackjackwidow on
  • Options
    bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Graphics Vomit on my screen:
    I am running 2 x Nvidea GTX1080 graphics cards sli,and have to run NW settings on low to see whats happening in large groups for HE or Svardborg or anything where there are 10 or more players attacking a single target.
    If i have to run on low with the latest state of the art cards then every other player in the game is also running on reduced settings as well,the problem is that every toon has graphics effects for every attack and there is NO Hardware in existance that can play 10 characters effects simultaneasly in a way that is visually pleasing!
    All that we see is visual blinding vomit on screen!
    Also considering my pc hardware is an order of magnitude higher than XBOX or Playstation hardware i believe the same problem applies on all 3 platforms.
    There needs to be a limit on how many players effects play at the same time,OR an option to only play first person visual effects (ie my toons effects visible to me but not everyone elses effects).
    Or be able to turn off third party effects so i dont see everyone elses effects ,just the charactor animations but not the visuall effects for everyone else's attacks.
    My Settings:
    imgur.com/a/tQHR2
    imgur.com/a/K6Ocw
    i.imgur.com/OjeYghJ.jpg
    The results in game:
    imgur.com/a/48SRQ
    imgur.com/a/Y1jHB

Seriously this has been a problem for everyone for a long time and is getting worse everytime you add more content for larger groups ,the larger the group the more onscreen vomit!
    And since noone can see anything intelligent in that mess of effects why have them play anyway???
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    BUG: Getting in and out of boats in SOMI removes divinity from my cleric's bar.

OCCURS: Each and every time.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    2168, 279 in Sea of Moving Ice, you can fall into an ice block while jumping around trying to figure out where the #$^%&* treasure map leads to.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    Update on runechanged trolls: The change made so that exploded trolls count towards the goal does indeed work, and happily, you no longer have to deal the killing shot in order for it to qualify towards the quest.

It took a while before I could verify the latter, because for some reason I had a period of no one running in and stealing the kill after the change.
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Stuck point: where the only way out is death. (6573,1019)

Gap in the floorboards of a broken ship, with skeletons guarding.
    Accidentally stepping in gap puts you in your boat. There is no way to move.

From what I've seen, other gaps like this are covered in invisible flooring.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    mojoslackmanmojoslackman Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Read through a few pages but not all so apologies if I'm double posting. Svardborg boss glitches and then the skirm won't progress. Some players thought it was steal time from CWs but after 3 times I don't think any of the CWs were using it. Great for a fix but at least some info on what skills the team needs to avoid to get through it would be helpful. Thx!!
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

Read through a few pages but not all so apologies if I'm double posting. Svardborg boss glitches and then the skirm won't progress. Some players thought it was steal time from CWs but after 3 times I don't think any of the CWs were using it. Great for a fix but at least some info on what skills the team needs to avoid to get through it would be helpful. Thx!!

The issue is that the boss glitches and latches on to an individual. The way to unbug is for each person to go to character select and back - do it one person at a time. As soon as the person that he latched onto relogs, he will unbug.
  • Options
    vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    SoMI instances:

1- Players are entering combat stance again without actually being in combat, unable to use khyek and die from hypothermia.

2- Entering a dungeon/trial/skirmish, while on a khyek will cause companion to not summon automatically inside the queued instance.

3- While fishing, when the bait runs out, players cannot switch to the other bait (or don't get fish hooked) until leaving the water and coming back.

Assault on svardborg:

1- Under unknown conditions(some suspect certain powers can disable boss), the boss bugs and doesn't fight back down to his 0% HP. Players reported that you can un-bug him by making all/certain players to relog, he then brings out his manticores and the trials is successful after killing them.

2- Achievement "Master of Svardborg" un-achievable. Pets/companions death count as player death(suspected reason). No one im aware of tested it with augment-only team.(Fixed)

3- Pets/companions die with Wintercall attack even if they are hiding behind pillars.
    Post edited by vcek on
  • Options
    thornstrombthornstromb Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Still waiting on someone to say SOMETHING about how broken Vow of Enmity is. you buffed it and the buff broke it. I have a big giant bug report HERE (http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1225616/vow-of-enmity-wheres-the-fix/) going into serious detail about the problem, about what it was supposed to be, about what we got..... still havent heard a damned word about it. as i say in the post: i dont care if its not a priority, i understand there might be more important things to fix, but if i dont see ANY word about it for a MONTH (technically 3, but im counting from my "calling out"), then im going to have to assume the devs dont care about the game, and that means i will no longer be a customer. Its okay to pass over a bug in favor of worse ones, but when you have devs freely posting responses to cosmetic errors and ignoring game-breaking bugs, its time to find a new game.
  • Options
    Elk tribesmen still spawn in the SH, except they're now consistently labelled as guards not barbarians.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    They could be Bear Tribe or Ice Hunters, best not to make snap judgments.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    keekyokeekyo Member Posts: 9 Arc User

I'd like to see the undocumented changes to Annointed Army from the Devoted Cleric class documented.

Bugs and Issues:

Ancient Warding on the DC paragon path for the Annointed Champions is not working anymore. (With this patch.)

Not the 20% more time neither the 3% heal at the end of the Daily nor the 5% of your Action Point Gained is.

Annointed Action class feature from the Anointed Champion Path is not working with the Anointed Army.

Prophecy of Doom encounter from the Divine Oracle Path is not rewarding a lot of action points once the marked targets are dead and the cooldowns are not reset.

No encounter besides Sunburst and Chains of Blazing Light is rewarding Action Points in Divinity Mode.

I am not mentioning the fact that Divine Glow is not Procing weapon enchantments since it is known.

I'll add more bugs and issues related to the patch and the classes in a later post.

Has the Devs even addressed this issue for DCs? It seem a lot of the DC passives and powers are bugged yet gets brushed under the rug. Haven't seen an Admin or Mod respond to anything in this forum they created or addresses any issues directly. I guess as long as they get paid to click the notification button and make sure its read but not understood its counts as acknowledgement.
  • Options

Please report all bugs and issues for the Sea of Moving Ice on PC here so our Q&A and community teams can look into it. Provide as much information as possible!

Hey @strumslinger , will you be turning this post over to @nitocris83 ? Sure would be nice to have the original post updated with a known list, maybe some confirmation that this post is read by someone? lol
  • Options
    mocitymmmocitymm Member Posts: 2 New User
    So much LAG... the night before the patch it was running as usual (like a top). Patch blew out my in game settings, etc. Can't play. Oh well ya get what you pay for.
  • Options
    mocitymmmocitymm Member Posts: 2 New User
    Don't know how much this will help... but, I created a second character (and don't know if it is the instance that the character is running in) the game plays faster. Not the normal speed but, faster. Noticed another issue: 'gameclient.exe' takes at least 2 minutes before closing it's process after exiting the game interface. This is all after the patch, the game was running like a top prior.
  • Options
    I don't recall seeing this posted before, but since the last patch, the visual indicators for madness effects in Demogorgon raid aren't displaying on my power bar. The powers themselves get locked out as expected but I have no indication of this except for the message that appears on the HUD when I try to use the power. The FX on the HUD still shows up when everything locks.
  • Options
    elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Aussault on Svardborg bugs

- Storvald stops attacking and can not be killed.
    - Graphics get reduced to potato form (graphic settings do not matter). Worse than Tomb Raider 1996 or Minecraft.
    - Manticore's knock you out of the ice when stuck, after you rubberband right back into it.
    - Overall lag and rubberband issues.
    - AoE's on the floor loose their shape, instead of a circle some show as a giant square that is hard to identify.
    - Timer in mSVA on 2nd attempt bugs out to just overtime.

p.s: SoMi is awesome! but NW keeps disappointing me with the poor developed content they keep forcing out, that causes problems like these.
  • Options
    sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    So much to read so I'm not sure if anyone has posted yet but I've experienced loss in effects graphics (fire, smoke, etc...) after I've been in the game for a few hours. Never ever happened before this update. Also, my capes no longer show while on a mount. Kinda irritating to be honest. I miss seeing capes when riding.
  • Options
    ovacomerovacomer Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Why is all of my voninblad dissapearing> I am not using it but it is gone!
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited January 2017

[...] my capes no longer show while on a mount. Kinda irritating to be honest. I miss seeing capes when riding.

AFAIK they fiddled with the capes because the capes of the fallen soldiers in Cold Run were all pointing towards the sky.
    They cryptically fixed this, leading to the capes of mounted players being removed while the capes of the fallen soldiers are still powered by a cryptic wind - magically pointing towards the sky.

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    tacobeast94tacobeast94 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Black ice treads make your character slide around as if on the ice from the winter festival. This renders them utterly useless as it's completely counterproductive to the movement bonus.
  • Options
    Those mobs have been there since SoMI launched. The Western alarms have two spots with bears that spawn in as a player approaches and one spot where undead ambush you as well as the spot with the totemist and shaman. However, like the Remorhaz in BS or the bandits on the LW docks, if another player has recently triggered the encounter, it won't run again until it cools down. Additionally, since that quest is always matched with quests on the east side of the map, drop and retake it until you get one of the other two patterns. The East is my preference as you end up on the island with the trolls.
  • Options
    heimerdingerxheimerdingerx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    the boon enraged regrowth is bugged in battle it gives 250 defense but the boon says 4000 defense