test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sea of Moving Ice Bugs and Issues

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Please report all bugs and issues for the Sea of Moving Ice on PC here so our Q&A and community teams can look into it. Provide as much information as possible!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    I'd like to see the undocumented changes to Annointed Army from the Devoted Cleric class documented.

Bugs and Issues:
    Ancient Warding on the DC paragon path for the Annointed Champions is not working anymore. (With this patch.)
    Not the 20% more time neither the 3% heal at the end of the Daily nor the 5% of your Action Point Gained is.

Annointed Action class feature from the Anointed Champion Path is not working with the Anointed Army.

Prophecy of Doom encounter from the Divine Oracle Path is not rewarding a lot of action points once the marked targets are dead and the cooldowns are not reset.

No encounter besides Sunburst and Chains of Blazing Light is rewarding Action Points in Divinity Mode.

I am not mentioning the fact that Divine Glow is not Procing weapon enchantments since it is known.

I'll add more bugs and issues related to the patch and the classes in a later post.
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    cryptic screen gets to 5 % then crashes to desktop...tried safemode; same. i have been playing on preview today.. win7 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
  • Options
    arebelongtousarebelongtous Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    Camera is zooming in and out at random, several other guildies are experiencing the same issue. New content is virtually unplayable like this.
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    1. Camera zooming is very annoying;
    2. All quests only return gold and XP as a reward;
    3. It is possible to sell your upgraded khyek to the fishmonger and then no longer upgrade it. I lost my upgraded khyek :-(
    4. Lag, a lot os lag of course!

> next step we need mythic bags?
    Post edited by hmdq#4491 on
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    1. So much lag :(
    2. Camera won't make up it's what how close in needs to be.
    3. Land to water and back transitions are retardedly slow.

Edit: WTF is with the exploding runechanged trolls not giving credit fro killing them. Some sort of twisted joke?
    Post edited by arabatur on
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    The quest "Fish Fry" doesnt give any progess. It always stays at 0/200.
    edit: It will just give progress if you fish in the HE "Fishing Frenzy". I needed about 1 hour for completing the quest! By far too much for just a daily.
    Post edited by hastati96 on
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    When you try to sell a single item at a vendor, the UI asks for a quantity, even though you only have 1 of the item.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    So all the quest progress its broke because "All quests only return gold and XP as a reward".
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    hquadros said:

So all the quest progress its broke because "All quests only return gold and XP as a reward".

It has been criticized since this update went to preview that progression remains tied to the previous 3 zones of SKT, so Moving Ice adds grind on top of the existing grind without easing up anywhere else, but... apparently that's their intended design. They don't care that it's exhausting and dispiriting as long as they get the login and playtime numbers they want.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    @beckylunatic ty for info.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User

I'd like to see the undocumented changes to Annointed Army from the Devoted Cleric class documented.

Bugs and Issues:

Ancient Warding on the DC paragon path for the Annointed Champions is not working anymore. (With this patch.)

Not the 20% more time neither the 3% heal at the end of the Daily nor the 5% of your Action Point Gained is.

Annointed Action class feature from the Anointed Champion Path is not working with the Anointed Army.

Prophecy of Doom encounter from the Divine Oracle Path is not rewarding a lot of action points once the marked targets are dead and the cooldowns are not reset.

No encounter besides Sunburst and Chains of Blazing Light is rewarding Action Points in Divinity Mode.

I am not mentioning the fact that Divine Glow is not Procing weapon enchantments since it is known.

I'll add more bugs and issues related to the patch and the classes in a later post.

This is because they did a slew of silent nerfs, no reason to engage feedback from players.. until they see something is amiss.

Because you know, players get a tad upset about them breaking things and such.

I do not even know why we bother anymore.
  • Options
    michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    BUG: The Devoted Cleric daily Anointed Army grants complete immunity for 4 hits (if the skill is rank 4), instead of 90% mitigation. The balls don't disappear when you take hits (visual bug) and the Power buff lasts 10 seconds, instead of expiring after 4 hits. As already stated by @imperiousshini the feat Ancient Warding doesn't work anymore.
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    FFS Cryptic, how did you further break something not even part of the updates?
  • Options
    salvatorehzsalvatorehz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    BUG: Plant Growth - HR

Plant growth (hunter ranger encounter power) doesn't work properly.

It only deals damage twice instead of four times.The first 2 sec dont hit.

MORE BUG:
    Don't proc the feats like Thorned Roots and Biting Snares

It is probably linked to whatever was changed to prevent multi-hit encounters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANIsUl8cOLk
    Post edited by salvatorehz on
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User

BUG: The Devoted Cleric daily Anointed Army grants complete immunity for 4 hits (if the skill is rank 4), instead of 90% mitigation. The balls don't disappear when you take hits (visual bug) and the Power buff lasts 10 seconds, instead of expiring after 4 hits. As already stated by @imperiousshini the feat Ancient Warding doesn't work anymore.

I confirm.
    I also need something to mitigate my headache.
    https://youtu.be/Q6GzmmKGfQM

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Patch note mention

- Cloaks and capes no longer seem to fly straight up in the air when viewing characters wearing them from long distances.

Bug : hanging cape from distance still persist. In addition now the cape is missing when u are on a mount.
  • Options
    blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    We seemed to have lost small HE's at our stronghold. We were running HE's for influence and there only appeared to be 2 Med / 1 Large HE available at a time + a demonic encounter. I read nothing in patch notes about changes to SH HE's so must assume it to be a bug.

Thanks
    BlackMagi
  • Options

We seemed to have lost small HE's at our stronghold. We were running HE's for influence and there only appeared to be 2 Med / 1 Large HE available at a time + a demonic encounter. I read nothing in patch notes about changes to SH HE's so must assume it to be a bug.

Oh FFS....

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    Cannot invite in q group if a player is in a different instance of the game.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Fish Fry is by the far the most obnoxious and time wasting HE I have ever tried. If the aim of this one is to troll the participants, well done!
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I saw the usual complement of small SH HEs. However I can confirm reports that capes don't display while mounted. (Imp Dragon cloak and Gilded Spider)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I couldn't get my HR to bait the hook. My keybinds are remapped, but when I pressed the eqivalent-to-tab key, it just change stances, from melee to ranged or vice versa. I then remapped the eqivalent-to-tab key with the same result. I then tried to remap it back to Tab but that option wasn't available (hitting Tab as the option just tabs out of the menu) and I didn't feel like remapping my entire keyboard after resetting to default settings. So I switched to my OP and was able to bait the hook and fish with no problems (using the same keybinds the HR has).

Other HRs in chat were experiencing the same problem of Tab changing stances and not baiting the hook.

ETA: I also reloaded the character, and reloaded the game, to no effect.

Update: A guildie HR was able to fish and was using default key settings. I found a way to remap my key back to Tab by using the /unbind command on it, and then using the ingame 'change keybinds' interface. Using the interface alone wouldn't do it.
    Update 2: Interface will do it but need to be on land.
    Update 3: Can bind an additional input to key by mousing to far right in menu and choosing another.
    Post edited by anomalea on
  • Options
    anomalea said:

I couldn't get my HR to bait the hook. My keybinds are remapped, but when I pressed the eqivalent-to-tab key, it just change stances, from melee to ranged or vice versa. I then remapped the eqivalent-to-tab key with the same result. I then tried to remap it back to Tab but that option wasn't available (hitting Tab as the option just tabs out of the menu) and I didn't feel like remapping my entire keyboard after resetting to default settings. So I switched to my OP and was able to bait the hook and fish with no problems (using the same keybinds the HR has).

Other HRs in chat were experiencing the same problem of Tab changing stances and not baiting the hook.

ETA: I also reloaded the character, and reloaded the game, to no effect.

My husband has been able to fish with his HR. His combat keybinds are default.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    campaign doesnt give currency runic pieces so we cant progress campaign
  • Options
    Some strongholds are missing their small HEs and some are not. There are no obvious commonalities between affected SHs.

"Invite to queue group" has vanished from player interact menus unless you are in the same instance, as far as I've been able to tell. Not in chat, not on guild roster, yes in the default view of "find person", yes if you pull it up from line of sight.

Guild roster "last online" info will repeat itself until your screen fills with text as long as you hold the cursor in place.

My chat wrapping had been fine but is now behaving strangely again, so it looks like that got rebroke rather than fixed.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    Ground effect attacks that need to be set off- like DC's Chains of Blazing Light, and HR's Cordon of Arrows and Bear Trap- still have the bug from preview where their visual effect stays around for a bit after they've already been triggered.
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Great ideas in new update, but I think it goes in wrong direction.

I'm sorry, but I do not play MMORPG to stay 15min in one place and do fishing. While the idea is good, as an optional quest, but making it necessary repeatable... well that is not good.
    We are short of bag space (got 2 runic bags, 2 greater) and I do not have enough space... and you put all these fishes (almost 100!) in regular bag space... SERIOUSLY!? Give us a fish tank or something, please.
    It's even more annoying than I thought! I spend over 30 minutes in HE Fishing zone and got 100 points. Really?! WTF did you do to this ACTION MMORPG! This is not fishing simulator/game. We do not want this. Make it optional please.

I like a lot of new changes you bring up with new module. Especially new Trial, this is content we want the most. Dungeons, Trials/Raids, Skirmishes. I do hope there will be more in the future or at least come back of old dungeons.
    I like the direction you're taking with bug fixing. There was a lots of issues that were adressed in this update. Thanks for that.

But...
    The new map looks great, but requirements for this game are so huge that it either looks bad or looks great and you play with 15 FPS. Optimization in this game is horrible. I play Witcher 3 on my PC with mid/high setting with 25-30 fps all the time. This game got spikes down to 7 fps from usual 30 (i got it capped in settings).
    Many players asked you to limit new instances, because it's the main reason of lags, rubberbanding, bugs (cannot interact with objects). 65! people in one place, really?! with that bad engine and that bad optimization?! This is just terrible decision. Limit instances to 25 and we could talk about content, because right now performance issues diminishes any good stuff you do.

I'm not fan of reinforcement and empowered system. It just takes too much time for average player. Before this module every new campaign could be accomplished by doing daily and weekly quests, some required few special items like Linu Favor (this one you need a lot, lol) or Books acquired from completing Trials/Dunegons/Skirmishes and that was OK. But now... amount of Veinblood you need to collect is way to high! I know some people run HE for whole day and got maxed out of this currency, but this is minority. Most players do a daily missions, weekly quests, one or two HE and that is all that they can afford (and its up to 1 hour of game play or even more). And from that you get like what... 600 Veinblood? Then you complete FBI, it takes up to an hour (unless you're 4k team), and you get what... 200 Veinblood. It's a joke. Do you know that we really want to play Dungeons and Dragons, not Heroic Encounters and Farming?

I get that new items are for top players with BIS equipment, at least leave campaigns out of this rat race for 4k+ only.

To sum it up:
    You make great progress in bug-fixing.
    You did great job in content design (visual), but it's diminished by performace issue and laggy instances with 65 players.
    We want more dungeons, trails and skirmishes.
    Noone asked for more HE and mandatory and time consuming fishing games.
    We hate Veinblod, Empowering system, it's grind and farming.
    We do not have bag space for all this stuff. Refinement (artifact, thaumaturgic, regular stones - in 4 coulours, 3 bound options, enchantments&runes -12 levels, ) takes up way too much space! And now you introduce fishing with almost 100 items. It's nail in the coffin named bagspace. Give us a fish tank for all those baits & fishes and extra bag for refinement (as we have for professions).
    Post edited by izwor on
  • Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    izwor said:

Great ideas in new update, but I think it goes in wrong direction.

I'm sorry, but I do not play MMORPG to stay 15min in one place and do fishing. While the idea is good, as an optional quest, but making it necessary repeatable... well that is not good.
    We are short of bag space (got 2 runic bags, 2 greater) and I do not have enough space... and you put all these fishes (almost 100!) in regular bag space... SERIOUSLY!? Give us a fish tank or something, please.
    It's even more annoying than I thought! I spend over 30 minutes in HE Fishing zone and got 100 points. Really?! WTF did you do to this ACTION MMORPG! This is not fishing simulator/game. We do not want this. Make it optional please.

I like a lot of new changes you bring up with new module. Especially new Trial, this is content we want the most. Dungeons, Trials/Raids, Skirmishes. I do hope there will be more in the future or at least come back of old dungeons.
    I like the direction you're taking with bug fixing. There was a lots of issues that were adressed in this update. Thanks for that.

But...
    The new map looks great, but requirements for this game are so huge that it either looks bad or looks great and you play with 15 FPS. Optimization in this game is horrible. I play Witcher 3 on my PC with mid/high setting with 25-30 fps all the time. This game got spikes down to 7 fps from usual 30 (i got it capped in settings).
    Many players asked you to limit new instances, because it's the main reason of lags, rubberbanding, bugs (cannot interact with objects). 65! people in one place, really?! with that bad engine and that bad optimization?! This is just terrible decision. Limit instances to 25 and we could talk about content, because right now performance issues diminishes any good stuff you do.

I'm not fan of reinforcement and empowered system. It just takes too much time for average player. Before this module every new campaign could be accomplished by doing daily and weekly quests, some required few special items like Linu Favor (this one you need a lot, lol) or Books acquired from completing Trials/Dunegons/Skirmishes and that was OK. But now... amount of Veinblood you need to collect is way to high! I know some people run HE for whole day and got maxed out of this currency, but this is minority. Most players do a daily missions, weekly quests, one or two HE and that is all that they can afford (and its up to 1 hour of game play or even more). And from that you get like what... 600 Veinblood? Then you complete FBI, it takes up to an hour (unless you're 4k team), and you get what... 200 Veinblood. It's a joke. Do you know that we really want to play Dungeons and Dragons, not Heroic Encounters and Farming?

I get that new items are for top players with BIS equipment, at least leave campaigns out of this rat race for 4k+ only.

To sum it up:
    You make great progress in bug-fixing.
    You did great job in content design (visual), but it's diminished by performace issue and laggy instances with 65 players.
    We want more dungeons, trails and skirmishes.
    Noone asked for more HE and mandatory and time consuming fishing games.
    We hate Veinblod, Empowering system, it's grind and farming.
    We do not have bag space for all this stuff. Refinement (artifact, thaumaturgic, regular stones - in 4 coulours, 3 bound options, enchantments&runes -12 levels, ) takes up way too much space! And now you introduce fishing with almost 100 items. It's nail in the coffin named bagspace. Give us a fish tank for all those baits & fishes and extra bag for refinement (as we have for professions).

hello,
    I think you can obtain stuff instead of fishing from AH, then you have to produce AD to buy those 15mins of fishing.
  • Options
    blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Update: Small HE's were available at our GH8 SH this morning. I left the SH and came back to do some HE's for influence and once again there were only the larger encounters available. My partner then joined me at the SH and the small HE's were available again. We did a couple and noted that when the encounter was completed a fresh encounter was not spawning to take its' place. We let one time out altogether without interacting with it - that was also not replaced.

Hope this helps
    BlackMagi