test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sea of Moving Ice Bugs and Issues

Comments

• obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    At base camp: Jumping from the higher level (fish buyer area) to the main
    area below can put character into combat mode.
    Walking into the water in that mode is fatal.

Work-around: Walking onto the big ship, near the mast ends combat mode...
    but it really should never happen.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • sneak#6191 sneak Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    For unknown reason, sometimes there's an inability to use at-wills. I have Sure Strike and Threatening Rush slotted. It happened first when I was pvping in Icewind Pass then in temple of spider then in throne of dwarven gods. It seems to randomly stop being bugged then bug again at another time.

Also, we can't invite people via right click anymore to queue groups.
    Atodaso@sneak#6191
    Tornado Of Souls

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Console players are telling me that their looted AH mails don't automatically delete after a week (unlike on PC), therefore mail that they've just ignored for months now all has to be manually deleted one at a time to make them able to use the auction again.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    Fish monger - can't buy back fish after turning them in, as you can if you mistakenly sell something to a vendor.

This is probably working as intended (just like the relic vendor), but it should be reconsidered. There is no other use for relics, so no problem with selling them all. There are four fish that have a very important use (gutting them for reagents), and they can also be sold to the fish monger without knowing they are special. There's no way to double-check what you sold and no way to get it back if you accidentally sold it during an aggressive double-clicking to clear your inventory.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    I posted this on the bug thread, but since it's related to the Sea of Moving Ice I'm posting here too. Since day 1 I have not been able to successfully fish with either of my mains. I see people talking about keybinds and I do have some, but I haven't bound my tab key at all and that seems to be what they're talking about. I can get as far as hooking the fish and reeling it in with the QER keys and get my bar full. I hold the Q, E, or R key and press 1 with the other hand, as people have recommended on the forum. I have tried pressing the 1 key just once, holding it, and spamming it. No matter what I do, the arrows for the QER still keep popping up (even though the bar is full) and the fish gets away. It's getting pretty frustrating, because I can't really progress much until it's fixed. I need to know if I'm still doing something wrong or if this is a bug on my account or is it keybind related even though I don't have tab on keybind?
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 100 Arc User

Bugs:
    5) I am a 4k+ dps class so its not really a problem for me, but this runechanged troll business either is a bug or should be considered one, considering how unfair it is to support classes. Whether it is your attack that puts them down, or they decide to blow themselves up, they are dead = credit. And it shouldn't be griefable as some have described it. You get credit for killing every other monster in the game as long as you do a certain amount of damage to it, these trolls shouldn't be different.

Agreed, so much. Today, on my DC, was killing a group, got the Runecharged down 90% and then a guildmate joined the fight and killed them. Sweet, I thought, it's nice to get some help and I I'd done most of the damage so I wasn't concerned. Same thing happened with the 2nd group (guildmate was just roaming the area and not directly going around with me), and the 3rd group, which I'd wore down to just needing one more shot to kill - saw an arrow fly in and take it out. Imagine my surpise when I looked at my sidebar and saw NONE of them counted. FFS.

It's like the Cairns mission in IWP. The skeletal giant comes out and it takes some support classses so long to kill that it was inevitable that someone else would come along and kill it, robbing me of the kill. I tried over and over and over, going to the more remote cairns hoping to get some alone time to be able to take it down myself, but someone always came along and killed it. Even asking ppl not to interfere didn't help. I ended up abandonning that quest every time it came up because I could never complete it.
    anomalea said:

Bugs:
    5) I am a 4k+ dps class so its not really a problem for me, but this runechanged troll business either is a bug or should be considered one, considering how unfair it is to support classes. Whether it is your attack that puts them down, or they decide to blow themselves up, they are dead = credit. And it shouldn't be griefable as some have described it. You get credit for killing every other monster in the game as long as you do a certain amount of damage to it, these trolls shouldn't be different.

Agreed, so much. Today, on my DC, was killing a group, got the Runecharged down 90% and then a guildmate joined the fight and killed them. Sweet, I thought, it's nice to get some help and I I'd done most of the damage so I wasn't concerned. Same thing happened with the 2nd group (guildmate was just roaming the area and not directly going around with me), and the 3rd group, which I'd wore down to just needing one more shot to kill - saw an arrow fly in and take it out. Imagine my surpise when I looked at my sidebar and saw NONE of them counted. FFS.
    Was my same experience - over and over and over. That opening quest to kill 10 nearly killed my will to live.

Good News! Nov 17 patch notes:
    Quests to slay Runechanged Trolls now grant credit when the trolls explode.

I can only hope that if you're fighting the troll and the troll explodes, that it will count regardless of the last person to hit it.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    bo one shoting op on 1.6k il dungeons when i run with a 2.8kil op protection what a joke fix it please
    It's impossible to tell if this is just bad luck, but the 1-piece bonus of Frostborn armor seems to work poorly or not at all in SoMI compared to other zones. It might be worth looking into if khyek travel makes it stop working until you change zones or re-equip the gear.

Neverwinter Census 2017

It's impossible to tell if this is just bad luck, but the 1-piece bonus of Frostborn armor seems to work poorly or not at all in SoMI compared to other zones. It might be worth looking into if khyek travel makes it stop working until you change zones or re-equip the gear.

Although could be my normal rng-luck, I have not had the bonus proc at all in SoMI.

Although could be my normal rng-luck, I have not had the bonus proc at all in SoMI.
    the hp regen it gives only happens on ground not while running khyek
    All HP regen doesn't work in a khyek. Being in a khyek puts your character into a non-combat state that disables a lot of things. Most of them start working again when you land. The bonus relic finding chance seems to possibly not starting working again without further action. The Dusk set bonuses didn't used to transition between solo/party without re-equipping, so this may be related.

Neverwinter Census 2017

The exit in Cold Run can only be interacted with by one player at a time. Been like that all along but I keep forgetting about it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited November 2016
    I now get the message "There's no resistance" - in red, when I enter this zone.
    (Similar to the bug in the first three Icewind areas.) It's there only briefly.

Can't tell if this is because I got the purple pole, or the fishmonger has hit
    the 5000 limit, or something else. It may have shown up earlier than that,
    since it's on the screen such a short time.

My mistake... It now shows up when I enter any zone in the game.
    Does this have to do with the game checking if I'm returning to a
    saved point where I was in my boat?

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Bug: Unknown Combat Mode at Elk Tribe Enclave, Sea of Moving Ice

[0:20] [System Notify] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #4,180,276.

At the Elk Tribe Enclave in the Sea of Moving Ice up near the Scrying Stone there is something unseen causing the player to enter into Combat Mode (aka "gain aggro").

(around locvec: 3732.458740 50.889430 -780.142700 or X/Y: 3726, -783)

obsiddia said:

I have the same red text message. Also getting the message my pocket pet gives when activated ("relax", etc) if it's active.

I don't have a purple pole, nor have I hit the 5000 limit, so it's not either of those.

I believe, due to the pocket pet message, that it is probably related to the Stronghold soup potion when active on the character.
    zebular said:

Bug: Unknown Combat Mode at Elk Tribe Enclave, Sea of Moving Ice

[0:20] [System Notify] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #4,180,276.

At the Elk Tribe Enclave in the Sea of Moving Ice up near the Scrying Stone there is something unseen causing the player to enter into Combat Mode (aka "gain aggro").

(around locvec: 3732.458740 50.889430 -780.142700 or X/Y: 3726, -783)

got fixed didnt get any aggro today near it
    "Recast" (quest) the warning totems... Did all 4, journal confirms, mage not accepting.
    Left the game, does not fix. Likely will have to abandon.
    edited November 2016

obsiddia said:

I have the same red text message. Also getting the message my pocket pet gives when activated ("relax", etc) if it's active.

I don't have a purple pole, nor have I hit the 5000 limit, so it's not either of those.

I believe, due to the pocket pet message, that it is probably related to the Stronghold soup potion when active on the character.
    Nope, I am inclined to agree with Dupeks that the message only shows up if you're carrying a map bottle. Or possibly a map, but I've not had an opened map and no bottle since starting SoMI.

I don't use the Everfrost soup for SKT adventuring, just a normal stat enhancer.

Neverwinter Census 2017

obsiddia said:

"Recast" (quest) the warning totems... Did all 4, journal confirms, mage not accepting.
    Left the game, does not fix. Likely will have to abandon.

This should have been fixed as of today. One set of alarms was bugged. The quest was possible to complete by dropping and taking again until you got a functional set. But it should be fine now.

Neverwinter Census 2017

If I re-equip my piece of Frostborn armor every time I exit the khyek to loot relics, the bonus works. I've also seen someone mention that their remorhaz companion is not working in SoMI.

Neverwinter Census 2017

obsiddia said:

Nope, I am inclined to agree with Dupeks that the message only shows up if you're carrying a map bottle. Or possibly a map, but I've not had an opened map and no bottle since starting SoMI.

I don't use the Everfrost soup for SKT adventuring, just a normal stat enhancer.
    OK, interesting. I have had bottles in my inventory since this message started, so could very well be that. I will check if I have an open map, and if it appears without an open map (just a bottle).

If I re-equip my piece of Frostborn armor every time I exit the khyek to loot relics, the bonus works. I've also seen someone mention that their remorhaz companion is not working in SoMI.
    I never have my frostborn equipment actually equipped until I'm standing in front of the relic (only swap it in if I'm going to pick up a relic, so I don't lose any ef resistance).

I thought my remorhaz was not working in SoMI either, until a couple of days ago when he actually found something. Haven't used him in the other areas (fwiw, I also don't run him until I'm going to loot a relic either), so don't know if it's just incredibly low chance in SoMI or an overall nerf of the companion. Rather inclined to think it's the latter.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    I've been having issues catching rank 5 (purple-quality) fish. Much more often than not, as soon as my action points are full, the fish suddenly disappears, leaving me nothing to reel in.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    My DC started Mod 10, original zones and SoMI the day before yesterday. Has opened every bottle and found the maps, has no purple fishing rod but does have a purple boat. She is getting the 'There is no resistance' message the same as my CW, who likewise carries no bottle, has a purple fishing rod but only a green boat. The CW has EF resist from boons, the DC does not.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • tantalictantalic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    My divine oracle did epic svardbord quite a few times and at a certain point many of the slotted powers bugged and can no longer be used. These include astral shield, bastion of health, daunting light, divine glow and divine armor. These powers no longer work in any slot. If I select other powers that I have enabled I can use them in those slots so it is not a keyboard issue. For example of I pick healing word in slot Q it works just fine but if I put bastion of health in slot Q, E, or R it doesn't work. Please take a look at this as it has severely affected my gameplay. I have also done a respect, reload and file checks and it didn't fix it. Radiance@tantalic
    tantalic said:

My divine oracle did epic svardbord quite a few times and at a certain point many of the slotted powers bugged and can no longer be used. These include astral shield, bastion of health, daunting light, divine glow and divine armor. These powers no longer work in any slot. If I select other powers that I have enabled I can use them in those slots so it is not a keyboard issue. For example of I pick healing word in slot Q it works just fine but if I put bastion of health in slot Q, E, or R it doesn't work. Please take a look at this as it has severely affected my gameplay. I have also done a respect, reload and file checks and it didn't fix it. Radiance@tantalic

@tantalic

Sounds like this issue?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1225337/devoted-cleric-encounters-not-casting

Neverwinter Census 2017

• tantalictantalic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    Yes sir same exact issue but a few different powers I will post this in the correct forum thank you.
    edited December 2016

obsiddia said:

pitshade said:

My DC started Mod 10, original zones and SoMI the day before yesterday. Has opened every bottle and found the maps, has no purple fishing rod but does have a purple boat. She is getting the 'There is no resistance' message the same as my CW, who likewise carries no bottle, has a purple fishing rod but only a green boat. The CW has EF resist from boons, the DC does not.

OK, I still get the message while carrying bottles but no maps. Got the messages prior to getting the purple pole, don't recall whether it happened before or after acquiring the green boat. Doesn't appear to be the potion/pocket pet, but when the pocket pet is active I still get the associated text for whatever boost is active in addition to the 'There's no resistance' message. I did have the 2 ef resistance boons before entering SoMI, but 99% sure I did not get the red text until after finishing the opening quests in the area.

Edit: Also got messages with no bottles and no maps. So the only thing I had related to SKT was the ef resistance boons, the green boat, and a purple fishing pole. Since pitshade has different combos as he listed above, kind of lost.

Just to add to 'weird messages we're not supposed to see', still getting the immediate "you may only have one of these items equipped" message when picking up the do-3-quests-in-1-of-each-area daily, and on entering any of the 3 areas.
    Post edited by blackjackwidow on