test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Time to fight crime in another city! (A farewell from me)

Comments

• Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Good luck in your next adventure!

And congrats to Julia for the new role.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    At least now your vacations can be met with a welcome back rather than 1000s of hate mails. I honestly looked to you for answers when all these huge game breaking company decisions were being made and you were conveniently away on vacation each and every time. Either way I hope they don't pull the same with Julia. Good luck strum.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    so a farewell post without an immediate post from @julia for introduction, etc. Not a good sign for a smooth transition. Maybe @strumslinger jumped the gun a bit or maybe @julia is in Advanced Bowling 102 and will pop us a greeting after.

Let the speculation begin

1) PW backing off of NW day to day approach and possibly deferring more in strategy?
    2) Community Manager now directly responsible to the dev team (i personally feel that a good community manager needs to be able to act without partiality)
    3) Labor savings, bring on the interns

What's your conspiracy theory?
  • Options
    trivialrage#6656 trivialrage Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I think strum jumped off the sinking ship before it got too far under.
  • Options
    talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I hope the future brings good things for both you and NW (and Julia).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Thank you for everything Andy. You will be missed.

P.S. Hopefully this was just an hiccup but twitter feedback of todays patch was not very good and it is the first one you were not doing it :(
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Hopefully we'll team up again Spidey, and no stealing my shield next time! :dizzy:

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2016
    mynaam said:

P.S. Hopefully this was just an hiccup but twitter feedback of todays patch was not very good and it is the first one you were not doing it :(

Andy has never done patches. He's not a developer, he doesn't even work in the same building as Cryptic. What he does in relation to patches is he passes along the patch notes and maintenance times from Cryptic.

• Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited November 2016

I'll be happy to answer any questions you guys have in this thread.

Andy, ty for everything. My 3 questions are:

Are we going to have a Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales this year?
    What is the Code to claim the Starry Rainbow Panther mount?
    If you will not be playing the game anymore can you send me your Armor Enchant?

Ty for your answers. The second one can be in my inbox :)
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    No ill-will towards the man, so in that regard, I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

However, as someone above said, communication with the community has never been at a lower point, and even some major announcements seemed to bypass the community manager and conveniently were released while the CM was "on vacation"..awfully convenient timing. No where to go but up as the bar is at an all-time low.

We'll see what happens. It will take more than a new CM (even if this one is actually active more than once a week), to save this boat, but an active CM with the players interests in mind might be a good start.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

communication with the community has never been at a lower point... the bar is at an all-time low.

Honestly, I beg to differ. Sominator and Akromatic had good qualities, but I cannot think of any occasion when I really saw either of them get their hands dirty in a community conflict. Such things might as well have been beneath their notice entirely, for all that we saw them involved in anything that was not all sweetness and niceness and wheeeee aren't we having FUN. Interestingly, both of them are doing other things career-wise now, and I'd say this is a hell of a proving ground for learning that being a CM is hard f'n work and a lot of folks wouldn't be cut out for it. Andy has been far more effectual in this role, and it'll be interesting to see how it goes with someone who isn't wearing as many hats.

As for dev communications, our last lead dev was a strange case of someone who stepped up when there was very bad news, but never put in an appearance otherwise, so we had no sense of who he was or where he was coming from. I want more. I would like to see some concrete info about some of the systems updates we've been told are in the works, what the plans are for catching up small guilds SH-wise (from the German community chat), and I am very curious what the future holds when Foss is the guiding hand behind an entire module. I want to see more change, but I also realize it takes time and decisions made in haste are often regretted later.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    justi187justi187 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thanks for all your work with Neverwinter, and I hope you have "Gigantic" fun in your new role.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    rjc9000 said:

(Also, personal question: I recall you once said something about being a fighting game fan. Which fighting game(s) were you a fan of?)

I've been a fan of BlazBlue, Street Fighter, and Marvel vs. Capcom :).

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    All I can say is you worked very hard Andy and you took a lot of heat (from the community and no doubt the Devs) for doing your job. We will never know exactly how much you did behind the scenes to make thing better for us (gamers) and neverwinter as a whole, but never the less you made an impact. Sorry to see you go, but understand that when an opportunity presents itself to advance, you must take it!

Thanks again @strumslinger good luck with your future endeavors!
  • Options
    duryntedurynte Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    I took a break from NWO. Still reading the forums every now and then.
    But isn't it funny. Whenever I think of NWO a few names come to mind.
    Some from NPCs and some from forum. Strum is one of those names.
    I kept wondering how Spiderman would fit into Faerun, though.

Thanky for what you did here.
    May the .. (can't remember proper NWO farewell terms)
    Happy hunting!
  • Options
    Good luck, I hope your replacement is amazing.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    1. Yes to a farewell livestream (from Cryptic?)
    2. ^5, so many hours on Marvel vs Capcom.
    3. Will Julia play my Foundry? Will Julia be a champion of the Foundry? ;D
    4. We'll all try Gigantic, at least once, and see you there. ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Best wishes to you Andy. May both your future and our future as players be bright.
    I don't expect much honestly until after the holidays. So we'll see what 2017 will bring.
    Goodluck Julia in your new capacity. Working directly at Cryptic could be great, we'll see.
    Happy New Year to all, when it comes :smile:
    Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    we will see if the communication gets better after the change. my bet is it will stay the same.
  • Options
    icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User

I've been a fan of . . . Street Fighter

So you're not feeling V either?
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    zebular said:

mynaam said:

Andy has never done patches. He's not a developer, he doesn't even work in the same building as Cryptic. What he does in relation to patches is he passes along the patch notes and maintenance times from Cryptic.

He notified us when the patch started and end on twitter that was not done yesterday. Sorry I am not english so i might have said it wrong
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Meet the new boss the same as the old boss.....etc!
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    Godspeed, @strumslinger !
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

Hey everyone,

I'd like to announce that we have another Community Manager joining our team, the amazing Julia (@nitocris83). I'll let her introduce herself more in another thread, but please welcome her to the team! She'll actually be working directly at Cryptic, which I'll talk more about later.

So what's this slight farewell from me? Well, I'll actually be taking a backseat and more of an advisory role going forward whereas Julia will do all the things you see me do now: blogs, social media, forums, events, live streams, developer communication, etc. When I mean advisory role, it means I'll only step in when I need to or give Julia advice when she asks with the understanding that I'll completely transition off of Neverwinter. This change won't happen immediately as we need to give Julia some time to get used to everything, but we'll be sure to let you know when I hit my advisory role - early-mid December.

As for what I'll be doing, I'm focusing on Gigantic and future projects at PWE, which I'm super excited about! So technically, I'll still be here :smile:.

These past 18 months have been incredible and I couldn't have asked for a better way to grow as not only a Community Manager, but a person. You guys have taught me so much, a lot of which I'll bring on to these future projects. Even when things got a chaotic - and sure did they get chaotic - I still enjoyed going to work every day for a game, which spoke so clearly to who I am. I've made some great bonds here and see a lot of you as my friends. Please continue reaching out to me and stay in touch! You can find me on Twitter @StrumSlinger. I made up that name for Neverwinter, but I'm gonna keep it!

As many of you know, I work at PWE, which is in a different building than Cryptic. With Julia now working at Cryptic, it'll make developer communication much easier as she can just walk on over and bug them :smile:.

I really do hope I made a difference with the game as was my intention when taking this role on last year. I have every bit of faith in Thomas and Julia to bring Neverwinter to a place you guys all want it to be - they're awesome! I haven't decided if I should do one last live stream, but we'll see.

Remember, with great rolling comes great responsibility!

With love <3,
    Andy/Strumslinger/Spidey/Strum/Strummy/ASM (Asian Superman)/Clark Kent/all the nicknames you guys have given me in the past

P.S. Before portals to the Nine Hells opens, it was a difficult one, but I made the decision to work on future projects as it was something I couldn't let go. I still love Neverwinter! I'll be happy to answer any questions you guys have in this thread.</p>

Take care dude, hope all goes well for you in your new role :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    drewhayesdrewhayes Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Is she going to join #LGPG too?

Andy was in that guild for 1 hour, did absolutely nothing, and everyone goes nuts. He's been in Team Fencebane since he started, and not a single person complains. Hmmmm....
    Perhaps because ONE of those guilds has done nothing to adversely affect the playerbase...
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Happy trails and good luck! Thanks for all the effort and tolerance.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies