What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Glorious Lockboxes - Anything Good?

Comments

• Options
    allmightymunky#3943 allmightymunky Member Posts: 93 Arc User

ravenskya said:

Opened my LB in the Tower district yesterday on a lowbie character - still more refinement stuff :(

You need to have at least 5 LB to open. The more the better. :)

You said one. That isn't what I said. I said at least 5. LOL...

Save up 5 keys and give it a try. I am now saving up 10+ just to try it out.
    Don't think so. I opened 1 and got a purple (forgot which). Then I was like "oh these new lockboxes are the shiznit". So I converted some ad and opened 5 more.....nada...
  • Options
    terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Opened maybe 10 or so, had a plaguefire enchant which I sold for 300k, all the others were mostly garbage like profession packs.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I had 5 keys saved up and I went into a lower area played around a bit. Picked up two LB along the way. I got all prof. pack. LOL...I guess my luck is with the prof. packs. LOL...go profession packs. To bad nothing in them are worth anything of real value and what is in there of value I need, so it does nothing for me, but need do those items really.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Yesterday I put the box and key on my 18 and went to the tower district - opened it and got a mark of potency and a blue union stone, oh and 3 trade bars.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    frenzal#4831 frenzal Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Last night I had just enough time to jump on, do one daily and open my lockbox. I opened it in Sharandar and I got Greater Lathander's Belt (blue). That doesn't do me much good on my HR I don't think. Would anyone be able to suggest... is it worth anything, or should I just toss it to my mid 60's DC for later?
  • Options

Last night I had just enough time to jump on, do one daily and open my lockbox. I opened it in Sharandar and I got Greater Lathander's Belt (blue). That doesn't do me much good on my HR I don't think. Would anyone be able to suggest... is it worth anything, or should I just toss it to my mid 60's DC for later?

Not good for a DC either. DC should be using Imperial or Tiamat set. I prefer Imperial for the crit stats.

Sell it if you must.

• Options
    It has value - and if you have a healer its very nice. I've been collecting that set for my Pally. I think if it is a lv 70 and blue you should be able to get a good amount of AD for it. I noticed one of my pieces is a lv 60 and was looking though the market for a 70, and they were all over 100k when I looked.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    ravenskya said:

It has value - and if you have a healer its very nice. I've been collecting that set for my Pally. I think if it is a lv 70 and blue you should be able to get a good amount of AD for it. I noticed one of my pieces is a lv 60 and was looking though the market for a 70, and they were all over 100k when I looked.

I'd very much love to be able to use it, since I really don't have any PVE gear aside from an alliance chest piece.. but if it won't help me, that's fine. I've got a laundry list of things I'd like to buy from the AH, 100k AD would go a long way. It's nice to have finally got something, at least.
  • Options
    You can get alliance gear out the wazoo once you start running dungeons and getting the elemental seals. My HR hit 70 and as soon as she did I had her IL over 2000 just from alliance stuff and extra belts/neck bits that I had picked up on my first two characters. Now I'm stashing things on my next character down the line. You can go to the elemental seal vendor and trade them in for items of a different class then send them over to that character.

• Options
    ravenskya said:

You can get alliance gear out the wazoo once you start running dungeons and getting the elemental seals. My HR hit 70 and as soon as she did I had her IL over 2000 just from alliance stuff and extra belts/neck bits that I had picked up on my first two characters. Now I'm stashing things on my next character down the line. You can go to the elemental seal vendor and trade them in for items of a different class then send them over to that character.

Maybe I'll start doing that on my HR, to get the DC geared up. My HR is getting into the Burning PVP set and is near getting the pants/shirt and ring set from the PVP campaign. I love rocking Throne of Gods on him though, so I've been getting some alright currency from that.
  • Options

ravenskya said:

I'd very much love to be able to use it, since I really don't have any PVE gear aside from an alliance chest piece.. but if it won't help me, that's fine. I've got a laundry list of things I'd like to buy from the AH, 100k AD would go a long way. It's nice to have finally got something, at least.
    How many trade bars do you have? If you have around 145 you are able to buy the dusk head and armor pieces from the trade bar merchant which is accessible from the main option area under stores.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    ravenskya said:

I don't do that. Instead I buy dusk gear from the trade bar merchant. It is 145 for the head and armor. I buy the dusk boots box for around 10K AD or cheaper. I than use ichor to buy the drowcraft pants, shirt and hands. Those alone get my IL right up there before anything else such as enchantments. I also make sure my new level 70 character has all level 8 enchantments as well.

My CW that is level 10 has all the dusk gear need and drowcraft hands. I'm working on the pants and shirt this week. She should have them by Sunday. I also have four level 8 enchantment on her gear. By the end of this weekend, all of her enchantments required will be rank 8.

The only thing she will have to rank up are the artifacts.

I already got her the Water and Earth Archons. I am now saving up for the air and fire Archons. After that I will be buying with real world money the siege master when she hits level 70 and when I have to renew my sub in November.
  • Options
    I generally do the Drow pants and Shirt, Dusk boots and mask, then alliance gear for everything else until I find better bits and pieces later.

• Options
    ravenskya said:

I generally do the Drow pants and Shirt, Dusk boots and mask, then alliance gear for everything else until I find better bits and pieces later.

The only thing I like about the Alliance gear is the overall stat distribution is way better than drow. But I did a bit of research prior to buying things for my CW and I was able to focus on the four primary stats for her as a DPS and my enchantments and mount power will flush out the rest of my build.
  • Options
    Yeah I just use them as placeholders in my new 70's until I get what I want specifically for that character, then I salvage them for the AD.

• Options
    bjw4#9717 bjw4 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    > @ravenskya said:
    > Yesterday I put the box and key on my 18 and went to the tower district - opened it and got a mark of potency and a blue union stone, oh and 3 trade bars.

I'd seen that supposedly opening in the Tower District produced better results, so I cracked some Glorious Lockboxes there. Got 2 Epic Artifact packs within 5 boxes.

I do not offer this as anything other than an anecdotal report, with no scientific basis whatsoever. I will, however, continue opening Lockboxes in the Tower District. Full disclosure, I'm also a guy who thinks what T-Shirt/Jersey I am wearing while watching the game has a profound impact on the success of my favorite sports teams.
  • Options
    allmightymunky#3943 allmightymunky Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    bjw4#9717 said:

> @ravenskya said:

> Yesterday I put the box and key on my 18 and went to the tower district - opened it and got a mark of potency and a blue union stone, oh and 3 trade bars.

I'd seen that supposedly opening in the Tower District produced better results, so I cracked some Glorious Lockboxes there. Got 2 Epic Artifact packs within 5 boxes.

I do not offer this as anything other than an anecdotal report, with no scientific basis whatsoever. I will, however, continue opening Lockboxes in the Tower District. Full disclosure, I'm also a guy who thinks what T-Shirt/Jersey I am wearing while watching the game has a profound impact on the success of my favorite sports teams.

I opened one in tower district yesterday and didn't get a companion pack! Didn't get a purple either though lol! I will probably try a couple more times.
  • Options
    I'll give it another try again today when I get home - maybe my epic mount will finally show itself, lol

• Options
    ravenskya said:

I'll give it another try again today when I get home - maybe my epic mount will finally show itself, lol

Epic is purple and Legendary is orange. If you want an epic mount I recommend buying Champion of the North pack as the movement mode from that mount can be applied to any mount skin you pick.

I want the Legendary pack so I can add to my racial collection the Metallic Dragonborn. LOL...I like options when I create a new character.
  • Options
    @mebengalsfan#9264
    Lol you and your race collecting - you are almost as bad as me and mounts/companions. I need ALL of them!

I actually already have the Champion of the North pack, and bought the White Tiger for Armor Pen. I know I'll never get a Legendary Mount, I just want to get ANY mount or companion out of a pack.

• Options
    ravenskya said:

@mebengalsfan#9264
    Lol you and your race collecting - you are almost as bad as me and mounts/companions. I need ALL of them!

I actually already have the Champion of the North pack, and bought the White Tiger for Armor Pen. I know I'll never get a Legendary Mount, I just want to get ANY mount or companion out of a pack.

In addition to Heirloom, Champion of the North, and Dragonborn packs I have also bought two mounts. Armor Polar Bear for 2K defense and War Borg for 1K crit and 1K armor Pen increase.

I really need to get to leveling up my CW. I probably will once I get the air archon for her. She has the Water and Earth Archon and I want the Air one next. Slowly getting her to where I want her.

I have my DC and GF where I want them other than my DC still needs two none tank artifacts and both of the artifacts I want require me leveling up a CW and HR. I'm working on a CW and will level a HR when they do double XP again.

As for my CW, I know I will be using the DC artifact, getting 100% of my action point from using that artifact really helps when I need to use a daily, it goes on all my characters. So that leave three artifacts. I am going to use the CW artifact as the stats are nice for a CW. I plan to level up a HR and will use that artifact for both my DC and CW. The last artifact spot for my CW will be the lantern when I hit level 26.

I just need to get my CW to level 70 and get a HR up to level 70. My HR I won't play much other than to get the artifact. I don't really care to play 4 characters. I don't mind three but lately I haven't even had time to really play one due to work and family life.

• Options
    I didn't have time to play at all last night, work has been oppressive... so I logged on just to open my lockbox for the day. I was in dread ring and too tired to run to Tower District and try that out. FWIW, I got an Ensorcelled Orb. Hopefully it is worth something. If I can get something for that and the Lash belt I got the day before, I'll be that much closer to finally get my first armor enchantment.
  • Options

I didn't have time to play at all last night, work has been oppressive... so I logged on just to open my lockbox for the day. I was in dread ring and too tired to run to Tower District and try that out. FWIW, I got an Ensorcelled Orb. Hopefully it is worth something. If I can get something for that and the Lash belt I got the day before, I'll be that much closer to finally get my first armor enchantment.

I bought that orb for about 6K at one point. The belt goes for about 10-15K or more depending upon the market.

• Options

I bought that orb for about 6K at one point. The belt goes for about 10-15K or more depending upon the market.

Ah. Bummer. If that's all they're worth, I may as well just save them for friends or something.
  • Options
    I only played long enough last night to grab my key, open my companion augmentation pack (still no bonding runestones). Hit build on the guild's next building and then go to sleep. It was a very unproductive day in Neverwinter for me.

• Options
    ravenskya said:

I only played long enough last night to grab my key, open my companion augmentation pack (still no bonding runestones). Hit build on the guild's next building and then go to sleep. It was a very unproductive day in Neverwinter for me.

I've had a lot of these lately. It's hard to turn down my friend when he offers me free beer to come to his place and show him how to do some things on his character.
  • Options

I've had a lot of these lately. It's hard to turn down my friend when he offers me free beer to come to his place and show him how to do some things on his character.

Free beer is always a temptation :)

• Options
    ravenskya said:

Free beer is always a temptation :)
    Autumn is here and my favorite drink right now is Shipyard Pumpkin Head. I don't drink anything else. I tried Sam Adam's 20lbs of Pumpkin and it was ok but I like the sweetness that Pumpkinhead has. I usually do this..

Glass rim coated in cinnamon and sugar, pour about 1/3 of the pumpkin head, than slowly rotate the 2/3 bottle flat on my table so that all flavors can get released. I than do 1 shot of captain morgan spiced rum into the 1/3 half full glass than I pour the rest of the bottle. Delicious!

If Pumpkinhead is not out I typically go for local stuff for me. My wife works near a brewery and I buy their stuff all the the time.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

I make my own beer, so luckily I have a nice stout and an IPA on tap. The UFO pumpkin is nice, if you haven't tried it and like the pumpkin stuff.
  • Options
    I used to like Pumking, but with my migraines I rarely drink any more... I do miss a nice cold beer now and then.