Install Arc
Options

Glorious Lockboxes - Anything Good?

124»

Comments

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

I used to like Pumking, but with my migraines I rarely drink any more... I do miss a nice cold beer now and then.

LMAO...That usually solves my migraines after a few of them...

What I like about pumpkinhead is that I can pop 3-4 of them, if I wanted to, and it has no horrible after taste. I drank plenty of other stuff, pumpkinhead is my go to ale.

It usually comes out mid August and I typically buy 3 cases around that time. By October I usually have 1 case left and buy an additional 3 cases as they stop making it in October. I have about a case and half left and have not touched any in about a week. I started P90X again, and I have no need for the extra calories that ale provides me.

I did P90X earlier this year but it was really hard, not because of moves, but due to a plantar wart that basically made it next to impossible to put any pressure on my right foot. Now that is removed I am back into P90X and hopefully this time I get the results I wanted last time but did not get due to not being able to push myself like I can.

It feels good finally to be walking around without any pain in my foot.

• Options
    frenzal#4831 frenzal Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I got a blue Lantern of Revelation last night. (tower district - 1x key)
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I got a professions pack, lol
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    ravenskya said:

I got a professions pack, lol

Low end refinement worth 5K right now and mark of potency once again. LOL..

• Options
    Today was payday for me (huzzah!), and I bought a 20 pack of keys and opened them all in Tower District. Only thing I got of value was a jackpot of trade bars which was 100 trade bars. I did get a whole bunch of enchantments and runestones which is nice because of the 2x refinement event going on, but I was left feeling empty haha.

Personally, I know how rare it is to get something good out of the lockboxes, but I'd much rather test my chances than convert a whole bunch of Zen into AD; opening lockboxes in ANY game always gets me pumped up. I'm trying to get an epic mount, but if I keep opening lockboxes eventually I'll have enough trade bars for an epic mount. To hell with being fiscally responsible!
  • Options
    indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    I like the resurgence box for daily keys. I've gotten the epic artifact pack from my daily key twice now.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • Options
    twintails70sw#8053 twintails70sw Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    i got a Black Ice Warhorse out of the Glorious Resurgence LB the other day. 140 movement. So far outrun everything i have raced. looking for someone w/a Disk as that's only one left i haven't tried to race yet; or if someone could tell me off the bat what is faster i'd appreciate it. :)
  • Options
    I got two professions packs and a water archon this weekend (the water archon is the only archon I already had). I keep wondering when I get to be the lucky person.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2016

ravenskya said:

I've had a lot of these lately. It's hard to turn down my friend when he offers me free beer to come to his place and show him how to do some things on his character.

Free beer is always a temptation :)
    Autumn is here and my favorite drink right now is Shipyard Pumpkin Head. I don't drink anything else. I tried Sam Adam's 20lbs of Pumpkin and it was ok but I like the sweetness that Pumpkinhead has. I usually do this..

Glass rim coated in cinnamon and sugar, pour about 1/3 of the pumpkin head, than slowly rotate the 2/3 bottle flat on my table so that all flavors can get released. I than do 1 shot of captain morgan spiced rum into the 1/3 half full glass than I pour the rest of the bottle. Delicious!

If Pumpkinhead is not out I typically go for local stuff for me. My wife works near a brewery and I buy their stuff all the the time.
    If you haven't tried it Warlock by southern tier is amazing. $8 for a a bomber of a 10% imperial stout is pretty reasonable too.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3818/99558/

Today was payday for me (huzzah!), and I bought a 20 pack of keys and opened them all in Tower District. Only thing I got of value was a jackpot of trade bars which was 100 trade bars. I did get a whole bunch of enchantments and runestones which is nice because of the 2x refinement event going on, but I was left feeling empty haha.

Personally, I know how rare it is to get something good out of the lockboxes, but I'd much rather test my chances than convert a whole bunch of Zen into AD; opening lockboxes in ANY game always gets me pumped up. I'm trying to get an epic mount, but if I keep opening lockboxes eventually I'll have enough trade bars for an epic mount. To hell with being fiscally responsible!

That's why it's only really worth opening boxes with VIP keys. Also, 99.9% of the time you're better of selling whatever boxes that drop from lockbox without opening.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

That's why it's only really worth opening boxes with VIP keys. Also, 99.9% of the time you're better of selling whatever boxes that drop from lockbox without opening.

I saved up 5 keys and got 4 profession and one artifact pack and got 2 refinement stones which was good as it got my neck to purple, but that was all that was good out the LB.

What are the odds of a epic pack. I know the legendary packs are 1:6,000. I imagine that the EPIC packs have better odds.
  • Options
    gjrgamergjrgamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    For the last week I seem to have had a 110% chance of a Professions Pack dropping... It's a real shame as I haven't even seen a single epic pack drop, let alone a legendary one since the chest appeared. :/
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    And two more professions packs. Considering the new/old Dev agrees that professions are kind of hosed and need to be reworked. It might be nice to lower the drop rate on that particular pack until they rework it.

• Options
    ravenskya said:

And two more professions packs. Considering the new/old Dev agrees that professions are kind of hosed and need to be reworked. It might be nice to lower the drop rate on that particular pack until they rework it.

Next LB and update prof. can make the elemental weapons sets of Burning, Drowned, etc...

The Twisted Set comes in the next LB as the weapon pack. It would be nice to land that for my CW.

• Options
    And another professions pack :(

• Options
    ravenskya said:

And another professions pack :(

Are you still opening the Glor or the old one? I stopped opening up Glorious as the odds were no in my favor. LOL..

I am now getting other things with the other LB.
  • Options
    did the Glor one yesterday, gonna try the old one tonight. Anything but a professions pack at this point would be fine with me

• Options
    Tried the old one last night - got a professions pack. This is almost becoming a bad joke

• Options
    I was in Drowned Shore trying (and failing) to farm motes last night, 5 motes in an hour or so after countless encounters, when I realized I had a key I didn't use. I opened a lockbox, it made a weird noise I had never heard... I got en elemental evil pack, or something? Super excited. Open it up. I got the freaking drowned bow and drowned axes! Losing my mind. Text my friend. Tell my brother. Go to put them on, nearly teary eyed at the time I had just been saved...

They are appearance only items. What a waste.
  • Options
    I feel for you. Don't forget I had like 45 days straight of profession packs. Lately I have been wander, rider and companion packs. Just sell the pack you do not want for a few AD.
  • Options
    sledneck220#2698 sledneck220 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    5 profession packs in a row for me...
  • Options
    If it was a pack of refinement stuff, or even the companion stuff - I wouldn't mind. But this is just garbage. The best part is that I open all of them, the character I'm opening them on is working on mail smithing and weapon smithing. I haven't gotten anything from either of those. It's like the game is out to ensure I get the most worthless things possible.

• Options
    ravenskya said:

If it was a pack of refinement stuff, or even the companion stuff - I wouldn't mind. But this is just garbage. The best part is that I open all of them, the character I'm opening them on is working on mail smithing and weapon smithing. I haven't gotten anything from either of those. It's like the game is out to ensure I get the most worthless things possible.

That is how I felt.
  • Options
    drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    I stopped opening this box. Just way too much junk in it. Saving keys for the next new box.
  • Options
    My buddy just text me and said the same thing happened to him. He was farming motes with me last night trying to get the drowned weapons. I opened my box, got the elemental evil pack and got the drowned appearance weapons. He opened his this morning, also in drowned shore, and got the earth appearance weapons for his GWF.

Junk. But doesn't that pack have a chance at the wheel? Isn't the wheel fairly well sought after? Maybe there is something to opening packs in drowned shore.
  • Options
    mossy#5930 mossy Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    my elemental e pack had an Earth Arceon in it. Didn't even know companions came with that as a chance.

Overall I've gotten two decent things out of it in the form of companions. Still went back to the old one primarily though. That one has been very helpful with refinement gems
  • Options
    joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I got lucky 2 days in a row now (still can't believe it),,,,,,after days and days worth of profession packs.....seriously, I have no more room for any more tailors and dishwashers....geez. Pulled an epic elemental weapon choice pack yesterday and got a blue air archon today. Chose the drowned sword/shield and sold the air archon on AH.

New lockbox in a few days but I've probably used up my good luck with the lockbox rng till next year......sigh.
  • Options
    Friday - New LB - Professions pack
    Saturday - Old LB - Professions pack
    Sunday - Old LB - Artifact something or other pack (the one that gives you refinement stones) - still not great but at least not a professions pack!

• Options
    Got my first profession pack after 1 week of everything else. LOL...

The lionmane LB contains the mount I would like for my DC. I really would like that Legendary mount.
  • Options
    I hope you get it - in the meantime, yesterday in the Shand LB I got another professions pack

Please tell me profession packs aren't in the new LB. If I'm going to get junk out of every box at least give me new junk.