test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Glorious Lockboxes - Anything Good?

I continue to see profession pack. WHY do they have profession pack in this LB. Seriously, I do not get that. I mean I got profession pack for almost 28 straight days. The one key I did buy ended up getting me the armor enchantment I was after for my GF but my daily keys continue to give me profession packs. The only good thing I'm getting out of the LB ATM is the trade bars. Everything else continues to be the same lame stuff I got previously.

I did buy my CW the Weapon and Off hand that increases as you level. Besides getting those and the neck items, what other good items have other players seen in the LB.

Comments

• Options
    drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    I got two of the genie currencies and they were an amazing boost for a couple campaigns. I also got an air elemental companion that sold for almost 800,000 AD. I did get two of the purple weapons that level with you up to 60 but they were useless for me so I gave them to a friend.

The rest have been profession packs. I opened 30 boxes and have more profession resources than I'll ever use.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Profession pack for me... I HATE the profession pack. I'd rather it just give me refinement stuff, something useful.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    Profession packs every one. Oh except one fake elemental fire great axe, I'm not joking a fake elemental fire great axe. It was an apperance change item to make it look like u have the weapon, how lame? I would be happy if those profession packs had the gauntlets for black ice shaping in them, I can't get those anywhere but AH but for way too much money. Now I'm all out of black ice enchantments.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I bet my buddy who got the Legendary mount on his first box opened on his GF will probably get another one. LOL...
  • Options
    I got 1 epic weapon from my VIP key and sold it on AH for 30k. Bought some keys after and got nothing but blues. LAMMMMMEE
  • Options
    darkandsinfuldarkandsinful Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    First box was fire elemental which I have on all my toons. Seriously lame they are so cheap on ah now.
  • Options
    I'd be more than happy to take that fire elemental off of your hands - I'm sure I'll have another professions pack to trade you for it today when I open my next box - lol
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    ravenskya said:

I'd be more than happy to take that fire elemental off of your hands - I'm sure I'll have another professions pack to trade you for it today when I open my next box - lol

I got talking to one player and here was his complaint.

He has opened around 200 LB.

15 Epic Weapons
    1 Legendary Mount
    10-15 Rare Mounts
    Quite a few Armor and Weapon Enchantments
    New LB he has gotten one Epic Companion and One Rare companion

He than went on to complain that he did not get an epic mount and is upset that he hasn't gotten one in the new box.

I'm like, hold your horse there buddy. I opened just as many LB as you and seen 2 rare mounts, no weapons, no epic mount, and 1 weapon and 2 armor enchantments, 6 companion and the rest have been profession pack.

He than goes to tell me he has never seen a profession pack. My jaw dropped when he stated that. I was like. This guy is complaining about being lucky and getting epic and legendary stuff fairly often and feels he has a right to complain like I do but never seen a profession box. OMG...If this is true, how about some lucky swapping PW. I mean I opened my fair share of LB but never been lucky like this guy was.

Or the guy above complaining about getting a Fire Elemental. I mean pass it here, my newly created CW would love to have that as a companion. :)
  • Options
    @mebengalsfan#9264

speaking of our shared garbage RNG - did you ever get your beholder tank after your 5k some runs?

• Options
    I'm getting a good break from the game if that counts. The annoying onscreen notifications have put me off even wanting to load the game up. Fortunately I finished the event campaign on the 3 toons I'd been doing it on the night it was released so no need to go back for now.
  • Options
    sarges24#0702 sarges24 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    my opinion, garbage. if you're leveling a new character the Ensorcelled Arsenal might be nice, or if you may need a companion or mount and get lucky enough to receive otherwise, garbage. Profession packs are blues only. Ok, so another good trait, it's brought a ton more Elemental Aggregates to market making their price plummet. So there are some good traits but personally I'll stick to Shaundakul boxes for my keys.
  • Options
    The two companion boxes I opened didnt have any companion upgrade tokens. Are they rare now or removed for new boxes?
  • Options
    ravenskya said:

@mebengalsfan#9264

speaking of our shared garbage RNG - did you ever get your beholder tank after your 5k some runs?

No. RNGeus hates me here to. Most MMOs I have played I have had zero lucky with RNG. Last game, I finally started to get good drops but I quit only a few months later. LOL..
  • Options

The two companion boxes I opened didnt have any companion upgrade tokens. Are they rare now or removed for new boxes?

You use to get 2 for any companion box. Are you saying you got zero from it?
  • Options
    I received zero. Always 2 hopeful for the jackpot before.
  • Options
    Yeah I got zero as well. And before I'd sometimes get rank 8 companion runes and now they all rank 7
  • Options
    mallowmomar#5581 mallowmomar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    You can read through what boxes contain when you inspect them. The glorious packs (companion, profession, etc.) are not the same as the shaundakul packs. The glorious companion kit does not guarantee any companion upgrade tokens.

It seems to me like the glorious box is a lot more swingy than the shaundakul box, with some really fantastic higher end items but a lot more chances for a bust. The profession and companion pack from the glorious box seem to be just plain worse than the shaundakul versions, as in you can do a one-for-one comparison and the shaundakul wins all points. Other packs are more debatable as they offer different things. I feel like the artifact pack is better, but then most of the items in it are crashing in price so the value may not be there in the end. And then there's stuff like the elemental trove that can offer nice things or give you completely useless items.
  • Options
    zheng#6107 zheng Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    28 keys, all complete garbage I didn't even get anything over 100k
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

it appears that this is a new box because it's new to us but it was actually first released nearly a year ago. it's a much older box with older content than the shaund box which IS new. the new boxes have the tokens. the older boxes did not.

as far as my luck my first box was an epic mount pack. the few I've opened since then are pretty much profession packs and one or arti packs

• Options
    Opened two last night - my HAMSTER luck continues.

I was all excited getting the elemental trove praying that I got the wheel or a companion - nope, I got weapon skins that look like the ugly weapons that I PAID AD to have changed to look like something better.

The second one gave me more refinement stuff, but not even GOOD refinement stuff, I found better HAMSTER on the ground in the Dread Ring. Eh, at least it wasn't a professions pack.

And where does the snail come from - I see him at the mount vendor but he's not listed as a drop in any of the boxes and he's not at the AD market or the TB merchant

• Options
    i got a wheel of elements artifact this morning. It didn't look like something I'd use so I put it in the auction house.
  • Options
    Oh wow - I got HAMSTER'ed lol... man that makes it look like I used bad words.

• Options
    I'm seeing a lot of people talking about this wheel now. I probably should have looked into it a little more before listing it.
  • Options
    If you have a DPS you want the wheel - or so I'm told

• Options
    i have dps but I'm really into my DC now and enjoy playing this buffing/healing style more than dps.

Do these lockboxes drop less frequently than the previous box? I'm having trouble getting any enemies to even drop them.
  • Options
    I find if you are at level with the enemy you get them regularly. So if I want a LB I go into Fiery Pit and get it fairly quickly after a few adds. Though right now I already have over 1K of the new ones sitting in between all my toons. I still have around 5K of the other LB that I'm hoping to sell as I like the G. LB better as it has more stuff to get, though not an epic weapon like the S. LB.
  • Options
    ravenskya said:

If you have a DPS you want the wheel - or so I'm told

DPS stats are Armor Pen, Crit, Power, and than last but not least Life Steal.

Armor Pen you only need to get the RI value high enough so you can max out your damage and in most cases 60% is more than a enough. As for Crit and Power, the higher the better. Power = Damage and Crit = Damage.

This is very similar to how a healer is played expect that you replace Armor Pen with Recovery, you want a nice recovery rate to get back to your powers ASAP.

Tanks on the other hand, Recovery is their main focus like healers, have powers refresh as much as possible.

I don't know the wheel stats but all I know is some of this stuff is stupid expensive in AH. I'm sorry but I will not pay 20M in AD to buy the disc. I thought 5M for the griffon was bad, nope, I'm seeing stuff in there for 20-100M now. LOL...

• Options
    I will try farming the fire pit for a bit. I've been in the level 70 campaign areas like dread ring and they lock box drops have been stingy.
  • Options
    I found the EE areas drop them more frequently than I hoped. My tank who is in the last area is gettng 1+ LB every set of adds.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip. I haven't done reclaimation rock yet with my current main so I'll have to go do that for my last book and the lockboxes