test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Glorious Lockboxes - Anything Good?

Comments

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Thanks for the tip. I haven't done reclaimation rock yet with my current main so I'll have to go do that for my last book and the lockboxes

Are you using a DC or Healdin for your updated character? If you are using a DC I can send you over my build info if you want.
  • Options
    drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    I'm using DC going for the healing buff route. I really like it so far. I've tested it at kessels retreat a few times and it was a breeze, but that one always is. Then I went to the demo fight for the first time ever and was top healer, though we only ranked silver so not sure how good that was for a test.

If you have tips for a build I'd be interested. I've just been experimenting with everything so far to see what I like.
  • Options
    nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    The Coastal Flail Snail and its epic variant the epic flail snail come from the crushing wave lockbox.
  • Options
    terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Yeah, EE is really good for drops. Because it's easy, I sometimes go back in there and mow down hundreds of enemies to scoop up all the refining stuff
  • Options
    hartrek#9713 hartrek Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I think basically there is a huge difference difficulty wise between the water (or first) and the air (or last) one. Of course easier means more eliminated mobs which in turn means more drops. But more difficult means less but better drops, right? So which one is best for farming in your opinion?
    Gáleah Elóthanil  Female Sun Elf CW 70 2500
    Hartrek Runemaster Male  Dwarf  GF 70 2300
    Faeruil  Female Drow  TR 70 1600
  • Options

I think basically there is a huge difference difficulty wise between the water (or first) and the air (or last) one. Of course easier means more eliminated mobs which in turn means more drops. But more difficult means less but better drops, right? So which one is best for farming in your opinion?

Fiery Pit is where I recommend any one goes for farming anything. Motes or for LB. It just drops stuff very quickly from my experience. Also, gear you get is set to level 70. This is great for refining Artifact Equipment you may need to level up.

I also like farming for motes not for the motes themselves but for the bags. They contain enchantments, refining stone, etc... and if you are lucky you may get a profession item that you can use or sell. If you sell it, they can go for 10-25K AD, depending on the market.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Got 100 trade bars out of my box last night - I was really disappointed because I'd rather have gotten an Archon, but for some reason other people were jealous.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    ravenskya said:

Got 100 trade bars out of my box last night - I was really disappointed because I'd rather have gotten an Archon, but for some reason other people were jealous.

I'm sitting on around 500 trade bars ATM. I am saving them up for a companion or maybe I will save it for an artifact for my main. Maybe the later as my main still needs two artifact for his class. Right now I am still walking around with artifacts that are more for tanks than healer.

My tank and my main are now 7 IL away from each other. My alt needs to upgrade her weapon, off hand, neck and waist to epic. My main needs to upgrade just his neck to epic. What my main needs that my alt has is another 142 ring.
  • Options
    @mebengalsfan#9264

I'm at about 500 TB as well. Not sure what I'll spend them on. My TR is waiting for Lostmauth to give up the necklace and Belt, so right now she's running a mismatched artifact belt and neck until I get what I want.

My Pally needs to go mote farming for better weapon/shield and to get the Lathander Artifact

And because I'm an idiot I just hit 70 on my HR last night, she's currently in all alliance gear and Drowcraft so she's going to need a lot of work.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    After opening like 12 boxes, finally I got something decent. One of these companion boxes. It was a difficult decision which one to get, there are 10 or so different to choose from and most are pretty nice. After I decided on one of them, I power leveled it to 35, got Alliance Stuff using my surplus seals and lvl 7 enchantments and rune stones using my surplus trade bars. It gave a nice little boost.
  • Options
    skyclaw#9517 skyclaw Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    The old Lockbox was better in sense of better resale quality, this stuff is trash
  • Options
    mossy#5930 mossy Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    I'm glad I still have 200 or so of the prior box to open, been on this one for a few days now & Im not a fan.

Pulled some artifact support pack today & was less than impressed with its offerings.

Think I'm going to moth ball the current box & keep working on my "backlog" of prior box surplus, lol.

I do like how it has effected the auction house though; been seeing cheaper prices on higher end stuff which is nice!
  • Options
    isiot#4890 isiot Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I got the epic equipment pack that levels with you but it was an OP mace so pretty useless considering I'm a GW.

Also got the epic artifact pack, haven't chosen one just stuck it in my bank.

Everything else has been junk.
  • Options
    terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

You can buy an Archon with 100 trade bars. Save them up until double AD weekend. Then buy the legacy equipment item from the trade bar that is marked salvageable. 5 trade bars buys 1 item which salvages for 5000 AD. Then buy the archon from the auction house.

• Options
    Wow! That's one nice hint. I guess, the price of Archons just went up on AH just b/c of this ;)

Generally, I don't see a big difference between the old box and this one. Other than the fact that I never got anything meaningful out of the old box, while I got a nifty companion and an unusable shield out of this one. Perhaps I can sell the shield on AH. Then it would be the ratio of 0:2.
  • Options
    bringeroflight#1920 bringeroflight Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Do you have to buy keys to open these or do you get a free key anywhere?
  • Options

ravenskya said:

You can buy an Archon with 100 trade bars. Save them up until double AD weekend. Then buy the legacy equipment item from the trade bar that is marked salvageable. 5 trade bars buys 1 item which salvages for 5000 AD. Then buy the archon from the auction house.

I bought a Water Archon last night for my CW and it cost me 25K in AD. I was YES, what a deal. Than as I was looking for gear for the Archon I found players were putting level 7 enchantment in the gear. I'm like really, what is this player doing. So I ended buying a bunch of 115 gear that had level 7 enchantments. I spent, 1-2K on the gear and the enchantments each cost roughly 3K each. So I ended up getting 5 level 7 enchantments for 10K in AD. I turn around and sold 2 and needed the other 3. Not bad.

Like I stated, the AH if you pay attention you sometimes can find deals.

For instance I see the boxes that contain the Epic Mount and Companion going cheaper than the actual companion or mount. I'm like huh. If I had 750-900K in AD I would buy the mount boxes as the epic mounts are seeing in the 1M range. Also, it let's you pick which one you want, so if you need an epic mount, buy the box and not the mount. Cheaper way to get an epic mount. Same with the companion.

• Options
    frenzal#4831 frenzal Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    I haven't got anything too amazing yet, mostly refinement. My friend did get a pair of genie bags on his first day and to me, those are just huge. They essentially knocked a day off each campaign he turned them in for, which was a big deal when we are trying to stay relevant in PVP.

On that same note, the ensorcelled gear that levels with you seems like it is going to completely change low level PVP. I made a new character this weekend out of boredom, a level 15 character in my group had 800 gear score with nearly every piece of ensorcelled and enhancements. The struggle in PVP is about to get real it seems.
  • Options

I haven't got anything too amazing yet, mostly refinement. My friend did get a pair of genie bags on his first day and to me, those are just huge. They essentially knocked a day off each campaign he turned them in for, which was a big deal when we are trying to stay relevant in PVP.

On that same note, the ensorcelled gear that levels with you seems like it is going to completely change low level PVP. I made a new character this weekend out of boredom, a level 15 character in my group had 800 gear score with nearly every piece of ensorcelled and enhancements. The struggle in PVP is about to get real it seems.

If that player also has the IL 96 artifact and the ring that levels up with you as well, they just became even stronger and those are items have on all characters.
  • Options

If that player also has the IL 96 artifact and the ring that levels up with you as well, they just became even stronger and those are items have on all characters.

Yeah dude, pvp is so fun... but there is always one dude that just crushes through entire groups of people. Not only surviving, but killing them. Then of course he spams chat with GG / scrubs / all the lulz that make people rage and sit at the campfire. I still love pvp, but damn. Frustrating when one person can so easily make it lopsided.
  • Options
    bjw4#9717 bjw4 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Has anybody cracked enough Lockboxes of either the Glorious Resurgence or Shaundakul variety to have a breakdown of odds for the real good stuff?

I haven't pulled THAT many professions packs, but I pulled a LOT of Companion Augment Packs. I've got an ocean of Level 7 Runestones. More than I'd use, certainly.

Still pretty new here, so I've taken to cracking some of them (the Training ones -- I'm also swimming in Companion Experience Books) in refinement for artifacts.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    You need alotttttt of r7s to upgrade artis
  • Options
    mossy#5930 mossy Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Agreed.

You may be better off selling them for AD & converting that into funds designed to buy a mount that gets wanderers blessing (or whatever my armored Bear has.)

That bit o' kit helps refinement in a big way....once you have it plugged in anyway. Mine treats me very kind.

May want to bank the revenue for C Wards too....it stinks when you see "ready to upgrade" & can't due to no wards & fear of losing your building blocks that got it there.

It's my uninformed opinion but I use mine for Auction House fund influx & sell em...or save enough to upgrade your base value & get higher versions above 7, 8, or 9. Same type gemstones seem to add the most to an upgrade value short of high end refinement gems....even then it's close ....& usually greater if we are talking companion stuff tiered above 7 (just be aware to finalize an upgrade beyond 8/9 the refinement upgrade process eats wards like I do pork rinds when my Wife occasionally relents & lets me buy em)

Swimming in books too, have 10!
  • Options
    bjw4#9717 bjw4 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    null

I really only cashed in a few to move basic artifacts to 29 for upgrade green to blue.

I do have Wanderer's Fortune running, but I haven't even thought about having to refine enhancement shards and the like yet.
  • Options
    darkcult#2246 darkcult Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I've got nothing :( so I went back to opening the Shaundakul boxes.
  • Options
    My friend got genie bags twice in four days. Each bag is essentially a days worth of campaign currencies and is just pushing him through boons ahead of me. I've got two enchantment bags and two profession packs in four days. Would just love to get one thing to get me excited again.
  • Options

My friend got genie bags twice in four days. Each bag is essentially a days worth of campaign currencies and is just pushing him through boons ahead of me. I've got two enchantment bags and two profession packs in four days. Would just love to get one thing to get me excited again.

I did some research. When opening the bag head to the Tower district map. Do not open up the LB unless you have 5-10 keys.

Apparently the Tower district has the highest % chance to award a Legendary mount. I do not know why that is but my extensive research has shown that the Tower district has the best chance to award a Legendary mount and other better items from the LB.
  • Options
    Opened my LB in the Tower district yesterday on a lowbie character - still more refinement stuff :(

• Options

I do not know why that is but my extensive research has shown that the Tower district has the best chance to award a Legendary mount and other better items from the LB.

Man if you told me to stand in the lava during the second phase in the Lostmauth fight and open them for a better chance, I would. I'll give it a shot.
  • Options
    ravenskya said:

Opened my LB in the Tower district yesterday on a lowbie character - still more refinement stuff :(

You need to have at least 5 LB to open. The more the better. :)

You said one. That isn't what I said. I said at least 5. LOL...

Save up 5 keys and give it a try. I am now saving up 10+ just to try it out.