test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Gateway Closing Down

Comments

• Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    It is killing the game for me... I feel much less engaged than I used to.

Buying stuff off the auction house... I used to shop for bargains at different times. It's like I used to have 24 hour internet shopping and now I have restricted Sunday opening hours :( Maybe that's not "playing" enough for some people, but I enjoyed it and now it's gone.

I'm saving up for a forgehammer of Gond... it takes ages to save a few million AD. I could afford a slightly cheaper one if it was posted, but I might miss it entirely because I can only look and buy it when I'm at my computer.

I'm trying to do masterworks professions. I used to check for those rare tasks and have the ingredients ready to go. Now I can only do that from the computer. It will take me three times as long...

Booo

• Options
    eucha10eucha10 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    So were they gonna give us a companion or what? I haven't received anything yet...and it was supposed to be this week!
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    eucha10 said:

So were they gonna give us a companion or what? I haven't received anything yet...and it was supposed to be this week!

They didn't patch this week. They will be giving it away next time PC is patched.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    khareqanwikhareqanwi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    Bring back gateway and just turn off the stuff that breaks the game. Keep the dice game but make loyal gear BtA. If you want it, you have to place the dice game to get it. Make the dice game give AD boost as its reward. My toons all have too much but my main never has enough boost. Or make winning the dice game at tier 5 or 6 count as an invoke for the character.

Let me view my inventory and view my character sheet from the gateway.

All these things are simple code changes and while it makes the gateway less useful to us, it would be much less useful to botting.

Sadly the AH and professions access is what made the gateway useful to me. I've tried to use the game to do professions and it just takes time away from playing the game and much to tedious to do. The gateway interface for professions was just better. But at least leave the dice game. It was fun. I'd like to buy some of the dice. So get them 3D printed up and see if they catch on. Those dice and some cards with the challenge would be a nice little game. You'd just have to work out what leveling up the companions would mean in a physical game.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

SCA was also being botted.

explain how? i cant see how it can be botted, if you don't mind filling out my curiosity.
    I was involved in a discussion around coding a tool to help predict optimal dice use in SCA. The person doing most of the work quickly realized that the project was well on the way to automating an "I win" button and discontinued development, but a less scrupulous individual could have easily come up with a similar program.

It's not really any different than inventing a computer program that can play chess, for example.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Not saying conclusively one way or the other if anyone was, only that it's within the realms of possibility.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    kreatyve said:

eucha10 said:

They didn't patch this week. They will be giving it away next time PC is patched.
    He was correct it was planned for this week...as the post last week said the patch planned for next week...but guessing there was some snafu.
  • Options
    genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User

SCA was also being botted.

explain how? i cant see how it can be botted, if you don't mind filling out my curiosity.
    I was involved in a discussion around coding a tool to help predict optimal dice use in SCA. The person doing most of the work quickly realized that the project was well on the way to automating an "I win" button and discontinued development, but a less scrupulous individual could have easily come up with a similar program.

It's not really any different than inventing a computer program that can play chess, for example.

ok, i think i can understand your point. but by what you are saying they were not botting SCA, but their were ideas on it.
  • Options
    That particular person did not bot SCA, but had been playing around with code that could have developed into an SCA botting tool if continued. And if one person would have been capable of developing it, then others would be able to as well. It's not rocket surgery.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    hero-adventurer for those have many chars and you will not need log in to all 50 to do profession.

• Options
    fattonydamicofattonydamico Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    That's a bummer!
  • Options
    elem#1350 elem Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    As usual. Bunch of cheaters exploits the game reducing income. They're unable to aim them directly, so let'em punish everyone. Typical for 2nd grade "free-to-play" games publishers . Money changes everything.
  • Options
    laurentiolaurentio Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Gatewey down for awhile now , server population droped by half while the amount of spam bot sellers in PE bearly took a dent ,
    Sooo,... what was the tinking behind the decision to close gatewey again ? I forgot ....

Get it back up untill u can ofer us an alternative, the companion gear obtainabile from Sword Coast Adventures have a 2 big of role and impact on the game to simply pluck it out !!
    - after u bought a car and payd for it, the dealer does not come to take out the DVD player 1 year later becose it's absolete !

Gatewey is a product or part of a product that i like many others have payd for !

this is me asking !

09/07/2016 xxxxxxx Direct Credit Card Neverwinter / Dragon (International) Completed €99.99 12100
    07/29/2016 xxxxxxx Direct Credit Card Neverwinter / Dragon (International) Completed €9.99 1100
    07/29/2016 xxxxxxx Direct Credit Card Neverwinter / Dragon (International) Completed €19.99 2200
    06/14/2016 xxxxxxx Direct Credit Card Neverwinter / Dragon (International) Completed €99.99 12100
    05/20/2016 xxxxxxx Direct Credit Card Neverwinter / Dragon (International) Completed €9.99 1100
    05/16/2016 xxxxxxx Direct Credit Card Neverwinter / Dragon (International) Completed €9.99 1100
    05/13/2016 xxxxxxx Direct Credit Card Neverwinter / Dragon (International) Completed €49.99 5830

purchase history from just past couple of months , i could paste from further back !
  • Options
    hav0clolhav0clol Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    mintmark said:

It is killing the game for me... I feel much less engaged than I used to.

Buying stuff off the auction house... I used to shop for bargains at different times. It's like I used to have 24 hour internet shopping and now I have restricted Sunday opening hours :( Maybe that's not "playing" enough for some people, but I enjoyed it and now it's gone.

I'm saving up for a forgehammer of Gond... it takes ages to save a few million AD. I could afford a slightly cheaper one if it was posted, but I might miss it entirely because I can only look and buy it when I'm at my computer.

I'm trying to do masterworks professions. I used to check for those rare tasks and have the ingredients ready to go. Now I can only do that from the computer. It will take me three times as long...

Booo

ive gotta log in every 2 hours through a laggier character select screen in order to reset masterwork professions... it's not pleasant.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    If you guys think they are still reading this or are taking any of these ideas into consideration, you are wrong.

Their trump card will always be....we know more than you, we know what is best for you, you will just have to deal with our decisions.

This is the only game I've ever played that has removed major portions of content and asked the players to just accept it. Now they have brougt back one of the worst things from mod 3 and want us to trust them that its fun to spend hours collecting relics.

Im sorry....they no longer care what we think.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    elem#1350 said:

As usual. Bunch of cheaters exploits the game reducing income. They're unable to aim them directly, so let'em punish everyone. Typical for 2nd grade "free-to-play" games publishers . Money changes everything.

C.R.E.A.M. baby... Cash Rules Everything Around Me

• Options
    halodeathbeamhalodeathbeam Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Quitting is the only option.
  • Options
    hav0clolhav0clol Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User

Doubt people were botting SCA. The market did not indicate botting at all, the prices remained pretty steady and at times there could be just a few of an item.

So basically I kept a pretty close eye on the price and availability of Lightfoot Thieves. For a lot of the game's life there were between 0-2 on the AH. They were priced at around 10m AD when they were up there, and usually sold or got taken off pretty quickly (probably sold as posting fees were high back then). One week there were around 15 on the AH, and prices dropped down below 1m AD. Either a lot of people suddenly started playing SCA, they increased the drop rates, or bots got in there. The game is beyond easy for a toon with 4 balanced purple companions, so I don't see why it can't be the latter.
  • Options
    diesel#3831 diesel Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    well) where i can get stuff for pets now? don`t think i will pay 300+k AD on AH
  • Options
    ruffneck#4235 ruffneck Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Gateway is down for good so can i ASK why your servers are STILL as HAMSTER poor as they were before?

This mention of gateway impacting live servers? yeah right...... no lag at all today go to SH and People from ALL over europe in different areas are all getting it....

how about mimicking uses that $10 to plan for a new server?
  • Options
    alexpetroalexpetro Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2016

The reason is that the current Gateway website has been shown to be susceptible to several aggressive botting activities. .

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10161142-gateway-closing-down

So you can close the Game too, since there are everydays botting activity that poison the gameplay.
    You are killing this game, day after day, with the restrictions that you steadily apply.
    I'm sorry but it does not exist that a technical problem can destroy one of a few nice things of this MMO, maybe here is concealed your inability.

Alex

• Options
    seniorhobsseniorhobs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    tubuku said:

Not particularly surprised by the decision, given past history, but I am disappointed.

I've been hanging on to this game by a thread since May and hoping that something, anything, positive would come along and re-kindle my interest in it. I realize this is relatively minor compared to some of the decisions made in the last year but it's the one that broke the camels back for me. Not even going to bother with the ~3 months remaining on VIP.

I'd say thanks for the fish but honestly they've smelled bad for the past year.

Took the words right out of my mouth. So long Neverwinter.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Can't believe how much more annoying daily tasks got without the Gateway. I think it depends on personal playstyle, but I'm affected a lot. Just doing professions is such a HAMSTERED pain nowadays... WOW.

Sorry for the little rant. I get why you thought the shutdown was necessary, but nerfing an area with the solution being modules away (profession rework) is just awfully frustrating for the players. That can't happen. I rater have bots taking over the Gateway for the time being to be honest.​​
    Post edited by loboguild on
  • Options
    oninginryuoninginryu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    I just can't figure out how it could be good. Every time the company decides to cut off some feature, only the legit players lose! For instance, when enchantments could be found on skill nodes, a rank 5 whole stack could be bought on AH for 3-5k; I refined my artifacts with these wheter or not being farmed by bots. The cost for a rank 5 stack now is 35k+... We can refine 36k AD per day, we need 40 R5 stacks to refine an artifact from legendary to mythic. Actually, they don't care about the botters (or the players), but only with the money they can do with the game; think about it: if players have to spend more to refine their gear, probably some of them will sell zen to buy a hard and expensive legit R5 stack on AH... Proof is the unbielevable drop rate of... everything! I spent tons of money on keys to get a legendary mount, I opened more than 300 lockboxes and the best thing I got was an epic mount; and I don't even want to talk about item drop rates like +5 rings, orcus wand, etc...

Now, closing the gateway, only legit players pay again, since the botters, how many already said, only will move in game and keep botting their professions, AD and whatelse they bot. Trying to not let us "leave empty handed", they will give an aumengtation companion (since it is not bis anymore)... Did you notice the active bonuses? Move and regen... regen? C'mon... If you really regret on your choice closing gateway, why don't give something good? Many here said, a good companion (not augment), loyal gear... You guys simply don't care, just want the legit players keep opening our wallets to pay a game full of bugs. For example, the oathbound paladin was released on april, 2015; and after almost 18 months he still blocks like a guardian fighter without any effect and the paladins constantly take all damage and cc they shold not. Seriously? 18 months and you couldn't figure out how to fix it? I will not mention the floating cloaks, gwf unsttopable that simply doesn't work sometimes or many other major bugs that HAMSTER most players off.

But, sincerely, I tottaly don't know why I am complaining or to who I'm arguing with, since you (as someone already said) will completly ignore this thread and everything said here and keep your bad way to (un)solve things... Sad... What I most regret is have registered on neverwinter, and regret even more have spent my hard earned real money in this game... Finally, what I most wish is closing my account and take a refund... Unfortunately I can't simply quit, since I have VIP benefits for almost a year left... Very upset... =/
  • Options
    sn1983sn1983 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    No getaway - no CAR - no pet gear...

... previously removed bunch of good and fun dungeons ...
    ... ... lags was before dungeons was removed .... nothing changed after "correction" - lags become more masive.
    ... ... getaway removed from game ... gold spammers and bots are happy - lags become terrible.

... ... ... How do you think - did people will spend some money on game after that?
    ... ... ... ... or move completely from game?
  • Options
    mvpasafs#8888 mvpasafs Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I hope you guys realize that the ONLY reason this game still being played is that it's FREE, it's definitly not a bad game...but sure thing it's not worth being a pay to play...now i'm playing this game for a long time used to play on Xbox and recently moved to PC...and really...with every patch you guys make the game becomes more and more cash dependant...to play normally and i mean normally not being UBER just having fun without getting killed 352 times per dungeon and maybe even having a single purple companion...you need to pay 50$ per month, and it's a MUST since most basic things are in ZEN and too much of it...i need 10 $ just to refine my 1st enchantment as it have only 1 % sucess rate....damn refining is a basic in this game...

I am allso a buisiness man and i perfectly understand the need to profit but your becoming a PAY TO WIN...no better than a pay to play...please understand that if you lose most of your players and n new players will join...you will NOT profit...

97% of the players will stop playing if you keep going like that, don't sleep you have too much compatition...surely more than you realize...the ONLY reason i play this game is my love for D&D....that won't apply for younger players...they never knew D&D!!!!

add to that the fact that even though i purchased in over 3000$ of content in xbox you didn't agree to move even the unlocks to my PC...kind of a theft really...and i guess i'm not the 1st to lose thounds of dollars thanks to that attitude...

now i personally love this game but it feels as the managment changed probably new CEO with millionaire dreams...please consider changing your ways and kindly stop telling us stories about botters because statistically Neverwinter is one of the LEAST botted games EVER IN HISTORY OF MMO.

losing money to play games is something i can deal with...being lied to is something nobody would accept...and that "reward" is the proff for this act to be profit oreinted and not security oreinted (was never meant to stop botters)....you didn't even took 5 minutes of staff meeting to create a more...;umm...ATTRACTIVE reward...most of those who was lucky enough to test gateqay (including me) allready have a purple augment..really the way i see it we should expact to pay even more money to play and not being too weak to kill a goblin.

that was my 1st EVER post in your forums and it's not the best post to say the least...so think about it...
  • Options
    mvpasafs#8888 mvpasafs Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    They should STOP COMPLETELY creation of new cash content for a few months and give some new free content to earn the players back or we payong players won't have anyone to play with...meaning we payed for nothing as freebies are the ones that keep it alive and not us...ignoring clents is the best way to end a products lifetime.

You guys at perfect world can still save it...just make some changes people will still buy ZEN...the reason is that GAMERS HATE WAITING and that's why we will allways buy ZEN to make ADs even if we could get BASIC stuff for less than 10$...

One thing is for sure this money farming behaviour must stop as i don't see a single good or even fond response here...you ARE losing everyone...

oh and you know what makes botters???? RUNIC DAMN LOCKBOXES!!!! the thinks they drop are sold at 22m ADs...the ONLY way someone can get that much ADs is either paying you guys 300$ and turn it into ADs or...ummm..BOTTING!! or paying to a botting site which is much worst than the botting itself...and BTW not many users will ever pay 300$ for a single legendary mount...actually i dont think anyone will pay that much...
This discussion has been closed.