[PC] Now Available: Premade Characters

Comments

• Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    BTW on my zen store said 5k
  • Options
    ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    lvl 1 to 60 is the best part of the game, i still miss those mini dungeons, end content so repetitive.....
  • Options
    krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    With azure enchants slotted & sh exp boon lvling to 70 is like VERY fast. Bags? There are cheaper ways to get them. Straight to 70 lvl straight to the grind for boons/decent gear. You can buy shar/dr/iwd boons but not the rest heh. Might lure some newbies with this who don't know the game too well though. For the rest of us - little more clueless gearless wannabe heroes in public queue. Yay!
  • Options
    hawkblaze1954#5209 hawkblaze1954 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    If this was account wide like the dragonborn pack this would be awesome! Alts with Owlbears, 2 x runic bags and Elemental Evil borefest completion?! I would convert millions of AD for this :open_mouth:
    Post edited by hawkblaze1954#5209 on
  • Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User

@strumslinger

can you tell me, how can I get closed elemental campaign for OLD character?
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Contents included for new characters:

Starts at 1600 item level equipment including:
    Elemental Fire primary and secondary weapons
    Elemental equipment from completing the Elemental Evil Campaign
    Seasoned Adventurer’s Artifact Pack
    A choice of one of the following at Rare quality:
    Aurora’s Whole Realm Catalogue
    Waters of Elah’zad
    Lantern of Revelation
    Seasoned Adventurer’s Items Pack
    2 Runic Bags of Holding (36 slots)
    150 Gold
    1 Greater Stone of Health
    And other basic consumables
    Retraining Token
    Character slot
    Painted Owlbear Pack
    Your choice of one of 5 uniquely skinned Epic Owlbear Mounts
    Epic 110% speed
    +8000 HP passive mount power

Is that stuff "reclaimable/BoA"?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Waters of Elah’zad
    Lantern of Revelation
    150 Gold
    Retraining Token
    Character slot
    Painted Owlbear Pack
    Epic 110% speed

The owlbears are BoA and not reclaimable.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User

After reading all the comments and reflecting on 3 years in game I have a few thoughts about this scheme.
    It seems like a good idea. For this game to thrive it needs new, serious players. . Most of the friends and guildies I've started with are long gone.

And it is hard to get new players to come to the game and invest the 12hours/week for 3 months it would take to run high level dungeons.

This plan lowers that barrier a bit. It is certainly not pay to win: none of those items is remotely BiS and all the campaigns still need to be completed..

I will be cautiously optimistic about this.

They must already have a 70 though, so this isn't for brand new players. And it tosses them right into the grind (arguably the worst part of the game) with no knowledge of their class....

I dont know....I dont think this will be used for what they expect.
    Meh. Levelling content used to be quite challenging and a good learning experience, but not anymore. I'm currently levelling a couple of new characters, and everything is a borefest. I never take any significant damage. In some, if not most of the missions, you could AFK and the healer pet would keep you alive forever...
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

BTW on my zen store said 5k

The price is 5k. The 4k mentioned was for another item (honestly, I see the confusion, as the other mention is fairly out of place).
  • Options
    tieashametieashame Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I do not normally put out to much negativity but one thing in this makes me mad. That Purple Owlbear was suppose to be only obtainable through Andy and a code. Once the code was given the player could choose to sell said Purple Owlbear or keep it but they were limited in existence. Again, obtained through Andy only. I always rode mine with much pride knowing I had one of the few out there, rare. Made me all fuzzy when someone would message me and ask where I got it, call it a beautiful majestic beast *yes, someone actually said that* or the playful back and forth banter on it's color. *some would say it's pink, gags* Now to see my favorite mount that was suppose to be a rare, all over saddens me to no end. Obtaining the rares are all part of a gamers play, we want that rare item to show off, to show we did what was needed to get that rare. Many things have made me sad over the past few weeks but this one...... :(
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Here's some further insight to what the pack has:

Account Bound:
    [Painted Owlbear Pack] - Using gives choice of [Black Owlbear], [Purple Owlbear], [White Owlbear], [Tiger-striped Owlbear], or [Striped Owlbear]. Chosen Owlbear Mount is Bound to Account until used and is then consumed and added to that character's Stable that used it. Each Owlbear has a different Equip Power. Keep in mind, this part of the pack is only available for a "limited time."

[Retraining Token] - This is an account bound token. Once used, it is consumed and applied to the character becoming an available means to retrain the character via the Powers screen.

Character Bound:
    [Seasoned Adventurer's Artifact Pack] - Using it gives the choice of [Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue], [Waters of Elah'zad], or [Lantern of Revelation] Artifact. When chosen, the Artifact is likewise Bound to Character.

[Seasoned Adventurer's Items Pack] - Using it gives the character 150 gold, 2 [Runic Bag of Holding], 1 [Stone of Health], 50 [Potion of Superior Healing], 50 [Greater Scrolls of Identification], 50 [Major Injury Kit], and 50 [Portable Altar]. The two [Runic Bag of Holding] and [Stone of Health] are Bound to Account while the rest of the items are Unbound. However, once equipped on a character, the [Runic Bag of Holding] becomes Character Bound.

Also, the character will be wearing a set of Character Bound Blue-Quality gear (Head, Arms, Chest, Legs, Two Rings, and a Belt) that all have an Enchantment Slot. These items will be inlaid with an Unbound Rank 5 Enchantment.

The character will also be equipped with a Character Bound Green Quality Elemental Artifact Weapon and Off-Hand for their class with a random Artifact Power already unlocked, each inlaid with an Unbound Rank 5 Enchantment in them.

The character will also be wearing a Character Bound Epic Quality [Cloak of the Emissary of Neverwinter] that will be inlaid with an Unbound Rank 5 Enchantment.

As well, the character will be wearing a pair of Character Bound Blue-Quality Shirt and Pants.

Your character's Stats, Powers, Feats, and Paragon Path will all be pre-chosen for you. This is what the Retraining Token is for, in case you do not like what you have been pre-built with. Also, your gear's Unbound Rank 5 Enchantments will be enchantments that are suited to the pre-chosen path you were given. So, if you choose a Scourge Warlock, you'll be given mostly Dark Enchantments. You can see what gear your character will be given by viewing the pack in the Zen Store and then clicking on the "More Information" button.

Lastly, there does seem to be two bugs with the pack. One in that the character does start off also with an applied Common Quality Horse, yet there is a bug that when the character switches to a different mount in the Stable, the Common Quality mount vanishes completely. The second is that the pack states that it gives a [Personal Greater Stone of Health], when it actually gives a [Stone of Health].

Update 9/21/16: Fixed color codes on item rarity.
    Post edited by zebular on
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Waters of Elah’zad
    Lantern of Revelation
    150 Gold
    Retraining Token
    Character slot
    Painted Owlbear Pack
    Epic 110% speed

And the only good thing on this pack aka Runic bags?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    candinho2 said:

kreatyve said:

Waters of Elah’zad
    Lantern of Revelation
    150 Gold
    Retraining Token
    Character slot
    Painted Owlbear Pack
    Epic 110% speed

And the only good thing on this pack aka Runic bags?
    See my post directly above yours.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    its sad that the runic bags arent boa, i would love to have them on my main o:)
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    zebular said:

See my post directly above yours.

Great info Zeb. thanks for writing that up.

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Thank you Zebular, now I know what the right answer is when someone asks me about the new packs :D
    ~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    That's very detailed, thanks.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Thanks Zeb.

5k for an Owlbear, I'll think about it.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Most welcome, everyone. Aye, I went for the pack just for the Owlbear and the Runic Bags with the rest all being an awesome bonus. Plus, I had enough Zen saved up over the past few months and got a 15% off coupon from invoking.
  • Options
    vanhasvoicevanhasvoice Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I'd say it was bound to happen and I don't mind at all.
    This is becomming a trend in some of the "heavier" games, and by weight I mean the sheer amount of stuff to do.
    Take a WoW for example, for the past two expansions you can buy such a character, now comming with 100lvl.
    SWtOR is also a fine example.

Now, I'm curious whether you get completion of basic campaigns pre 60lvl included(+Elemental Evil) or does the character comes blank with it's campaigns?

Personaly I'd wish to see at least the pre-60 campaigns done.

Considering, that this particular insta-lategame option requires one to have at least one 70lvl character already, one can fairly assume that most folks who'd go for it have those already done once or more.

I've really enjoyed the low level campaigns, but unlike swtor they are fixed and stiff - judging from the fact, that they are always the same. I do not see a reason to start a 70lvl char and be forced to complete all the lowbie stuff with 1600ilvl... that would be boring as hell.
  • Options
    zakmckayezakmckaye Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    As someone who has recently started a business, and lives on the road, I don't have as much time or energy to devote to gaming as I would like. I got my main to level 60 in anticipation of going to Icewind Dale, then had to take some time away. I come back and the level cap is up to 70 and the Dale is closed to me again. I like the idea of premade for players like me. The article said "offered FIRST" to players who already have a lvl70... Any word on when the rest of us will have a chance at it?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Also, just an FYI: The Premade Character Package is now available to test on Preview (Mimic). It is one of the three items available there to buy and test out in the Zen store. I am not sure if it is available on Owlbear, it is there on Mimic however. So, if you want to know what exactly everything will be like before you use it on the live server, hop on to the Mimic Preview Shard and test it out as much as you like! The only drawback is you'll need to first purchase it on live and then have transferred an existing level 70 to Mimic.
    Post edited by zebular on
  • Options
    zebular said:

Also, just an FYI: The Premade Character Package is now available to test on Preview (Mimic). It is one of the three items available there to buy and test out in the Zen store. I am not sure if it is available on Owlbear, it is there on Mimic however. So, if you want to know what exactly everything will be like before you buy it or use it on the live server, hop on to the Mimic Preview Shard and test it out as much as you like!

wow that's very interesting

Thanks Zeb
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    zebular said:

Also, just an FYI: The Premade Character Package is now available to test on Preview (Mimic). It is one of the three items available there to buy and test out in the Zen store. I am not sure if it is available on Owlbear, it is there on Mimic however. So, if you want to know what exactly everything will be like before you buy it or use it on the live server, hop on to the Mimic Preview Shard and test it out as much as you like!

yea, kind of nope... took me a while to even get the mimic running, as it has it's own problems, but what have awaited the eager me was this:

• Options
    omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I will hop over to Mimic and have a peek, hope they sort this out, would be fun to give it a go :D
    ~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~
  • Options
    Sorry, you'll need to have purchased it first on live and also have transferred an existing level 70 character to Mimic.

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Interestingly, Zeb's account on Mimic is also allowed to make more than the default two characters. I wonder if it now counts bonus slots from packs or something.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Ohhh, that's a real bummer. It kind of kills the whole idea behind going there to test waters.
    I'd love to be able to see what I can get if I pump 50$ before doing it... on the other hand I can understand why they fear such thing.
  • Options
    elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User

@strumslinger

can you tell me, how can I get closed elemental campaign for OLD character?

Quoth the newbie, "Grind some more!"

This discussion has been closed.