Install Arc
Options

Summer Festival keepie-uppie

124»

Comments

• Options
    anolia123anolia123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User
    Quick Question,

do the four balls you can get from the ticket exchange drop lot on each volley?
    Or every 30 volleys?
    And is it intended?

Or are they just "white balls" for the fun of the game?

Don't have enought tickets to test it.
    Estelle Sagenweber, Vier Elemente, german guild

"ZAP!", "BAM!", "KA-POW!"
    - Batman
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    desisti said:

I have seen people running 3 NW games on same pc. Put 2 characters in a pt all the times and keep replacing remaining tree... you'll have 10k voleys in a matter of days if not less)...

And, if caught, all three accounts will be banned because multiboxing is a violation of the Terms of Service. It's true people break the rules and profit by it, but they're like Beverly Hills drug dealers living in $2 million dollar mansions... It's all fun and games until the SWAT team hauls your butt to jail... though in this case it's faceless customer service agents checking a box labeled ban... but still!

The balls you buy from the ticket vendor are "just for fun" and don't drop prizes, but they're also permanent so you can use it 30 times (as of today's patch) then reuse it 30 more, over and over forever... and the ball jokes likewise can also go on, and on, and on, and on. Especially if you get the blue one.
  • Options
    frithjofr#4704 frithjofr Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Do any of these copper ticket purchases carry over to the next summer festival or do I have to spend 30-40 bucks on balls every fest to keep up with the spamcheck nolifers at Sahha?
  • Options
    anolia123anolia123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User
    The ticket shop is new this year, but we expect it to carry over like every year before.
    I have the water horse and boars from last years event and I still use them (have them in my collection)
    Estelle Sagenweber, Vier Elemente, german guild

"ZAP!", "BAM!", "KA-POW!"
    - Batman
  • Options
    Anything you buy won't vanish. Check the currency though, sometimes event currency has a lifespan, sometimes it doesn't. I don't recall seeing the tickets having an expiration timer - if that's true, then you can hold onto them and use them next year. I know the main currency for the horse and pigs, and the flower pedals too, will keep, so if you don't manage to get enough this time for something, you can save them for next year.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Petals decay. Favors don't. Tickets currently have no timer either.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    No one finds it a little frustrating to even think about waiting a year for another summer event to afford copper goods....?
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

No one finds it a little frustrating to even think about waiting a year for another summer event to afford copper goods....?

Year? Man, I'm thinking *decades*.
  • Options
    Given the drop rates, the vast majority of players (who don't spend zen on balls) basically will get one or two if those copper ticket items per year.... Yeah, doesn't really seem like that's how it should be. I can see needing a couple years to get all of it, but not 10....
  • Options
    kvet said:

Given the drop rates, the vast majority of players (who don't spend zen on balls) basically will get one or two if those copper ticket items per year.... Yeah, doesn't really seem like that's how it should be. I can see needing a couple years to get all of it, but not 10....

You're not accounting for getting gypped out of drops by leechers or the horrible ennui that sets in when you realize how stupid and pointless it all is.
  • Options
    superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    It would make me smile (a little) to see my dc run around in pink pants, a flower symbol and purple body paint. But if I actually manage to get enough copper tickets for the body paint I feel like I have to sell it - it goes for 400k+ on the AH. Because I want to at some point in this century upgrade weapon enchantments from greater to perfect and it´s not happening without being thrifty. But why does even some small nonsense fun cosmetics have to be so costly and grindy? :s There´s no chance in hell I will be able to by the whole fashion set or even the sahha training books...
  • Options
    duryntedurynte Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    It is around mid term summer festival. I am sharing sahha ticket-balls on four characters daily. The copper ticket count is around 120 to 160 tickets, with 1 ball still in bag (sometimes times is just up).

If Sune will call upon a ticket conversion wizard for the Hight of her Festival, or Tymora will increase of the drops slightly, the copper ticket shop might become accessible. If not, that's going to become tough.
  • Options
    shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    yeah, have the same feeling. right now, it will be one piece per toon (and only with VERY positive thinking).
    devs already said, that there wont be an increased droprate, so i hope for a ticket downgrade vendor at least
  • Options
    update:
    Sahha ticket-balls on 4 characters, 12 days so far, about 25 min per ball for making and sharing: gather, make, find party, kick ball, collect.
    That's about 20 hours already.
    There are 127, 160, 201 and 225 copper tickets so far, with 1 or 2 balls still in bag.
    I'm starting to feel tired of it. And I don't care for the other ticket flavors.
    Hopefully some help pops up on thursday!
  • Options
    durynte said:

update:
    Sahha ticket-balls on 4 characters, 12 days so far, about 25 min per ball for making and sharing: gather, make, find party, kick ball, collect.
    That's about 20 hours already.
    There are 127, 160, 201 and 225 copper tickets so far, with 1 or 2 balls still in bag.
    I'm starting to feel tired of it. And I don't care for the other ticket flavors.
    Hopefully some help pops up on thursday!

A dev has already said they won't be upping ticket drop rates. So the best you could hope for is a ticket exchange (converting silvers into coppers, for example), but there's no indication of that so far. Maybe next year.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Sometimes it's the little things you treasure. Don't ask me whey they refused to attack, but it let me see all of his funny lines, of which there are many.

postimage
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Oh well, least got a Gorgon out of this disaster and panties for all.
  • Options
    Four days left. Unfortunately no conversion wizard was willing to join the festival.

bronce tickets: 229,271,215,264

It is going to get tiiight for 1x South Sea top+bottom and 2x Body Paint!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    make 2 toons takers only. you will need people, who are willing to let you swap toons, but this worked out for me. did it with friends, who let me switch to taker toons, after i used my sahaball from giver toons.
    271 and 264 should be your takers for south sea clothes, the other 2 can already afford the bodypaint
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    ribbs1 said:

It really is impossible to appreciate how much time people will put into acquiring a few pixels.

Indeed, it is.

Well, to be fair, there is a bit more to the summer festival. Socker sometimes is funny, I happen to just have not enough time with the ticket-ball parties to finish first. I made and bought more sunite fashion, for my alts. And there are still silver and mithral tickets for me to turn in. The silver tickets offer some welcomed things, like stones and mount insignias. The mithrals I don't count on, will just dice them away.

The summer festival fashion is neet. I remember, peeps asked for dying their bras and bandaged panties, there you go now. My main wouldn't want to wear South Sea fashion, she'd frown at showing skin. And, I was wondering, now there are medivial swim suits available, where would a character go swimming? The only place I can think of is the little well in Helms Hold, but doomed wolves and devils live nearby. Maybe there is a beach themed Foundry around?

@shiva79#6664 : Thank you for the givers/takers tip, it didn't occur to me before!
  • Options
    im pretty satisfied too, with the event
    i dont expect to get a mount from mithrals, but the copper and silver store wont let me get the feeling, that the time was wasted
    the 3 flaws, i spotted, were:
    1. copper droprate too low
    2. saha ticketball takes too long, compared to winters giftsharing
    3. the out of bound reset timer made me stop playing the saha match, because it ended in standing around half of the time. otherwise, the saha queue would have been a lot more fun
  • Options
    I finally finished. Almost, just some petals left to get. Gosh, I feel like having good break for now. That was a just a tiny bit too tiring.

Anyhow, thanks for guidance from asterdahl and hints from shiva!

The South Sea set does give a bit of an unconventional look, though. For Neverwinter. Wheeere is the swimming pool?!