test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Festival keepie-uppie

Comments

• drewhayesdrewhayes Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    zibadawa said:

Because nothing says "fun, relaxing summer" quite like doing the same thing 300 times and playing lotto tickets!

nothing says "nice, relaxing summer" like bringing pvp to the summerfest... le sigh. Oh well... @ least everyone that competes in THIS game gets SOME rewards! @ least it's not a total waste of 10 mins...

• bryannw1#8109 bryannw1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Can someone confirm is the mount won bounded? Some people say its bounded to character.
  • ansakuansaku Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    the mounts are BOE i saw someone getting legendary BOE mount.
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    We just did a volley party with 16 ticket-balls total, though the first 5 really didn't count as we only got 9 volleys from them as we had no idea what we were doing. However, the next 11 balls we did the corner trick and that netted us a total of 358 volleys... for a grand total of 367 volleys.

From those volleys I received a total of 44 copper tickets, 8 silver tickets, and 0 mithril tickets. A couple people in our volley group did get a single mithril ticket, however.

Well, I guess I am 5% of the way to my fashion outfit! :wink:
    @samaka#2511
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    The entire event only lasts 21 days...so you'd have to repeat that performance for all but the last two days...and that doesn't get you a sahha ball or do anything for any of your alts :(
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    Yea, tell me about it... at least I had really only planned to farm this event with Solandra anyways.

I hope I can get the outfit, but I am really wondering if that is possible if we can only get 1 ticket-ball a day without paying 100 Zen for more... we can only get 1 a day from now on right? For some reason I had three today, it seems the first quest gave me both a ticket and the materials to make a ball, and then the repeatable quest gave me the choice of materials or a ticket, which I played a match and took the ticket.

If that repeatable quest is the only way to get a free ticket-ball, and there is no other way to get the components, and they don't increase the drop-rate of copper tickets... I don't see how I will get the fashion items at all! :(
    @samaka#2511
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

its not like its affecting them, and its not an exploit at all...

when you GATE the legendary stuff through 2 RNG DOORS , ofc this should be allowed...

once u have to get the mithrial and then you have a chance for a legendary... so we are goin' to loose anyway...

And this is why I am just invoking for the summer event. I wonder if anyone has calculated the odds of winning? My guess is that the chance is all but infinitesimal.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
    After 711 volleys I finally got a mithril ticket... oh wait, sorry, 5 silver tickets! ;)
    @samaka#2511
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    drewhayes said:

krymkac said:

it might bring tenser prices down... the only reason i care =) Still have the currency from last year

did u check? I think summerfest is one of those where the currency disappears during the update

No, the only one that does that is the jubilee and it was kind of pointless because the rewards were mostly worthless.
    arabatur said:

metalldjt said:

its not like its affecting them, and its not an exploit at all...

when you GATE the legendary stuff through 2 RNG DOORS , ofc this should be allowed...

once u have to get the mithrial and then you have a chance for a legendary... so we are goin' to loose anyway...

And this is why I am just invoking for the summer event. I wonder if anyone has calculated the odds of winning? My guess is that the chance is all but infinitesimal.
    The worst part about it is that there isn't much in the way of lower tier rewards and it's possible to have the balls fail and give a fraction of what they should. It's like a lockbox that can give 1/5 of what it's supposed to if you don't open it properly and even if you do open it properly it's giving 1/5 of what most lockboxes give.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    @asterdahl - thank you for the response. Your activity on this thread is much appreciated - the sahha stuff is confusing a lot of people, so your clarifications and communication here is really awesome, so thanks again.
  • shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    can someone confirm, that the 3 free sahaballs were only on day one?
    i only got the quest for 1 ball today (flowers that got turned into craftingmats for one ball, no voucher or mats for 2 balls, like yesterday)
  • cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    Directions on this event are painfully unclear. I picked up the quest for the daily and received nothing, flax was not able to be interacted with on one character and no free ball on another. At this point I suspect they have tried to add as many layers as possible to avoid any kind of botting whatsoever at the expense of players. I really hope they don't take the winter festival in this direction. I thought the whole idea of these was to get players to log in for something fun and possibly buy a bit more in the zen shop. The way this event has gone so far it actually has had the reverse effect for me, I just feel like logging out. Such a shame to see the devs work negatively impacted by the convoluted mess they've thrown in front of just picking up a simple daily. Back to influence :/
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    is pretty easy to get the 300volleys tier but it wont give you the mitral ticket most of the times, even silver drops at really low rates...
    this more the 0.00000001% chance to get the mount is like grinding for nothing

if the game was faster (3 or 5 min), and the ball locked in a indor match (no outbound, plus and the prize comming from playing the game would be much better...

I will only get my warboar for my 2 new toons...
    Good luck everyone
    FWIW, I spent 7 mithril tickets and got only the consolation prize (5 silver tickets I think). I presume that the chance is pretty infinitesimal. I'm saving the rest of my silver and mithril tickets to see if the devs listen and actually *do* something in a timely manner. I'd prefer to just trade higher-level tickets for lower-level ones.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    cambo1682 said:

Directions on this event are painfully unclear. I picked up the quest for the daily and received nothing, flax was not able to be interacted with on one character and no free ball on another. At this point I suspect they have tried to add as many layers as possible to avoid any kind of botting whatsoever at the expense of players. I really hope they don't take the winter festival in this direction. I thought the whole idea of these was to get players to log in for something fun and possibly buy a bit more in the zen shop. The way this event has gone so far it actually has had the reverse effect for me, I just feel like logging out. Such a shame to see the devs work negatively impacted by the convoluted mess they've thrown in front of just picking up a simple daily. Back to influence :/

Flax is a competitive resource, I think. If someone has picked a plant recently then no one can pick it again until it resets. Which means you can be running around quite a lot trying to find pickable flax.

And layers/grindy nonsense/annoyance is only ever a botting incentive. It actively makes non-botting players wish they had a bot for it.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    A friend opened 540x[Mithral Ticket] on PTR and got 0 legendary.

And the copper tickets droprate is waay to low.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• duryntedurynte Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    880 bronce tickets for the fashion set?

I did the white ball grouping. I couldn't use my ticket-ball on the sahha playfield. On pressing a number key for belt slots with the 3 ticket balls in, nothing happend. So we used the white balls, which meanwhile seems disabled.

Rough estimate:
    It takes 2 min for one ball to vanish, leaving two bronce tickets.
    880/2 = 440 min, around 7 hours.
    White balling is disabled, so need get ticket-balls per day or buy them.
    Lets buy them.
    2 bronce tickets per ball: 440 balls needed.
    5 peeps per party. 440/5 = 88 ticket-balls per person needed.
    88*100 Zen per Ball = 8800 Zen = 88$, where 10$ = 1000 Zen.

88$ and 7 hours for a digital fashion set?
    It's vastly cheaper to just pick them up on the AH.

It's sad...the update to the event was a great concept and something like this takes all the fun out of it.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Really @#$%es me off that this issue has been completely ignored.
    ghoulz66 said:

Par for the course with Cryptic. If anything about this part of the event changes, it is extremely likely that the change won't be made until after it ends. Just look through the last half-dozen or so patch notes and see how many events they've updated and bugfixed *after* they were just held, even the long lasting ones that we pointed out the issues with soon after it went live (or long before that, in the cases where they show up on preview, or these have been longstanding issues). Siege of Neverwinter, for example.
    zibadawa said:

ghoulz66 said:

Par for the course with Cryptic. If anything about this part of the event changes, it is extremely likely that the change won't be made until after it ends. Just look through the last half-dozen or so patch notes and see how many events they've updated and bugfixed *after* they were just held, even the long lasting ones that we pointed out the issues with soon after it went live (or long before that, in the cases where they show up on preview, or these have been longstanding issues). Siege of Neverwinter, for example.
    This isn't silver tickets and enchants/wards, it's just cosmetic items. There was no excuse to have the currency drop rate for copper tickets be so unfathomably unreasonable.
  • kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    ghoulz66 said:

Counting the money takes a while..
    For the record: I was nicely surprised by the socker addition to the event, and think it is a funny design, just lacking a bit of guidance on first visit. All those epic heroes playing socker, hunting chicken, and so on, it's hilarious. And I say so, while I am extraordinary terrible at digital ball sports of any kind. I have been in 10 or something sahha matches. The first was a win, all the rest loose about 1:10.

The event design usually is like this, customer perspective: Get a good reward for a starter to get you on track. You started, you wouldn't want to waste what is already there, so keep going. As the event end draws near, there might open a gap on event currency for you, to be filled from Zen. Usually, you can reach the goals set without Zen, but this requires you to atune yourself to the per day schedule given.

Fair? Fair enough, I'd say. If we are able to estimate what the deal is. This time my estimate is, the sahha event offers rewards for input something 5 times off anything I deem reasonable.

hustin1 wrote:
    > It's vastly cheaper to just pick them up on the AH.

Last time I looked, the sarong was offered for 1 Mio AD. Any of my characters deem themselves extremely rich whenever they own about 150000 AD. And, however the person making the offer has aquired it on day one of the event, I don't want to support that kind of behavior in entertainment.
    Oh, I just learned, it is 1 copper (bronce?) ticket per ball. So it's double.

176$ and 7 hours for a digital fashion set?
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    zibadawa said:

Just look through the last half-dozen or so patch notes and see how many events they've updated and bugfixed *after* they were just held

As a bit of clarification on why changes are sometimes made to events just after they've run: we schedule our builds far in advance, as they need to go through testing before we can push them live. That same department is also hard at work looking through content for upcoming modules. While there will always be bugs that slip through, the more last minute changes and hotfixes we make, the more chance there is for additional bugs to pop up.

While there are certainly emergencies that can be hotfixed, not all issues can be hotfixed and hotfixes can be difficult on the team as they risk introducing other problems. While hotfixes are generally associated with exploits, there are other situations where outright bugs would warrant a hotfix as well.

The reason therefore that you might see changes or bugfixes for events that ran recently, is that we are definitely watching your feedback, and of course, playing the events ourselves. Therefore, please continue to give your feedback, regardless of the nature of your feedback—we truly appreciate it!
    durynte said:

It takes 2 min for one ball to vanish, leaving two bronce tickets.

Just wanted to jump in here to clarify something in regards to the ticket-balls. While it is certainly possible to only receive 2 copper tickets from a single ticket-ball, each of the 30 volleys on a single ball is capable of rewarding a copper ticket. In addition, there are 3 rewards that will drop out of the ball when it reaches 30 volleys or hits the ground, it is possible for any or all of those 3 to be copper tickets as well. The same can be said for silver and mithral tickets, given that you have the requisite number of volleys overall to see those tickets appear.

edited July 2016
    ribbs1 said:

No comment on the ludicrous drop rates for tickets and stupid nested RNG?

Yeah, an excuse to justify the @#$%y drop rate. We've all been getting low rolls lol.

That laid back casual response further brings my blood to a boil.

It only further convinces me that they know they're duping the player base.
    Remember, guys, he said "there's a chance," which is Cryptic-speak for "there's basically no chance, GIVE US MONEY!".
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    metalldjt said:

@asterdahl so how can a player make the difference between the content you are keep releasing , since it get's released with features that do not work as intended, for example the balls from practice field, how can someone know if playin the game is legit or not at this point?
    because i've seen so many players doing the practice balls in the corner, that i wouldn't have guessed that could've been someth wrong.

it's just a shame, i feel that at some point you guys will punish players over these mistakes that happen at the QA department when you guys still keep pushin content like this (remember 22 december), it's just not safe for our acc anymore.

at this moment , every player in this game has 'exploited' one of the not so working features that got released, without even knowin' that. Problably not everyone, except those that do not play this game that frequently and roleplayers.

Hi metalldjt, you bring up a lot of great points! Certainly, when a bug goes live that can allow obtaining loot in an unintended manner, you could call that an exploit, that being said, as you point out, it's not always obvious particularly as you're playing through new content whether something is "unintended" or not.

In this case, the onus is on us for shipping that content with a bug. In the case of the training and novelty balls exploding and granting rewards, that was a big oversight on our part and we've made the necessary adjustments to our test plans to hopefully account for similar situations in the future.

Because the functionality that was being experienced could be misconstrued as intended and the system was not being exploited maliciously, no action was taken against anyone who earned rewards via the bug. We apologize for any confusion the bug caused and appreciate the many concerned reports sent by players.

Of course in addition to actually fixing issues and shipping less issues in general, there's also the matter of communication. We'd like to reduce the gray area in terms of what would and would not be considered an exploit. Naturally, there will always be some ambiguity with a sensitive topic like this. However, communication like the recent clarification that hitting ticket-balls into a wall is not exploitative behavior will hopefully help to reduce confusion.
    @asterdahl As this is a new event I wanted to ask something in regards to the Summer Height event where the rewards for event activities are increased. Will the tickets (copper, silver, mithril) from the ticket-balls have improved drop rates during this event? I am asking because a lot of our guild members are saving ticket-balls to do volley parties during the height event, but I am wondering if we should be or not?

Thanks for any information you may be able to provide on this subject! :)
    @samaka#2511
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    @asterdahl - again, just wanted to say thanks for your interaction on this thread. I know these forums aren't the most friendly sometimes, and walking in a minefield is never fun... but even so, your interaction here is important, vital in fact, so I do hope you (and/or others) make a habit of it.