test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Unofficial) Interim Patchnotes:

Comments

• vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    anyone see new weapon sets? Maybe through crafting or black ice?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Doesn't it seem like Binding Arrow not procing Roots is just plain wrong?

Only Hindering, Binding, and Constricting included a Grasping Roots mechanic to begin with (other powers have control, but not Grasping Roots). Taking out one of the three is massive.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Now that the DPS of the GF got adjusted (crippled into oblivion), Cryptic should adjust the tankiness of DD's. DPS classes are waaaaaaaaaaay too tanky for their roles. They have too much hp, too many ways to avoid damage, too many dodges, while still being able to dish out tons of damage.

Remember guys, you cried because the GF class did not do what it's supposed to do. Well, DD's aren't doing what they are supposed to, either. DPS classes currently can survive better than the 'tank' classes and this is quite gamebreaking. Soooo... Expect the same treatment the DPS output of the GF received, for your overpowered defensive mechanisms, (nerfs, nerfs, nerfs) in the near future ;)

You reap what you sow... Peace, kids!

• deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

Now that the DPS of the GF got adjusted (crippled into oblivion), Cryptic should adjust the tankiness of DD's. DPS classes are waaaaaaaaaaay too tanky for their roles. They have too much hp, too many ways to avoid damage, too many dodges, while still being able to dish out tons of damage.

Remember guys, you cried because the GF class did not do what it's supposed to do. Well, DD's aren't doing what they are supposed to, either. DPS classes currently can survive better than the 'tank' classes and this is quite gamebreaking. Soooo... Expect the same treatment the DPS output of the GF received, for your overpowered defensive mechanisms, (nerfs, nerfs, nerfs) in the near future ;)

It got out of whack when the specialized (class specific) gear got changed into generic gear and artifacts mod 6, like the elven alliance, drowned. etc. So yeah, I've seen wizards with as much HP as me and GWF with waaaay more defense then me.

You reap what you sow? I wouldn't hold my breath. DPS classes got a much bigger voice to fight changes like that.
    He who whines the loudest wins. All this and calling it balance is like nerfing refinement point drops and say its' cuz of the bots. This was political. Ah, those PUG queues gonna be fun when no one wants to run DCs and OP/GFs to fill the other 2 slots of a 5 slot queue.
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User

DPS survive thanks to bonding pets, negation/elven, stacking defense (bondings), high ls, high deflect., insignias... Try solo orcus as non-GF or non-HR (fox). But solo-solo, without pet taking aggro from you. I have ran some CNs without tank, just pet kept aggro. Fix pet, fix bondings (cd, sudden rings), add new harder dungeons (which is incoming I hope) and watch people struggled without tank.
    200_s.gif
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    rinat114 said:

- Sure Strike, Wicked Strike and Weapon Master Strike now have damage penalties once again after hitting more than one target (reverted to how it used to be pre-mod 6 GWF buff). This also changed on live a few weeks ago with no official mention.

@rinat114 As far as i know the tooltips were never changed when they removed those damage penalties in mod 6. Are you saying that these penalties are actually active again? Because I have not noticed any change in damage on live
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
    evalira said:

More GF nerfs I mean changes:
    Supremacy of Steel is no longer expendable (or is no longer listed in tooltip as)

You can still shoot them early.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    scathias said:

rinat114 said:

- Sure Strike, Wicked Strike and Weapon Master Strike now have damage penalties once again after hitting more than one target (reverted to how it used to be pre-mod 6 GWF buff). This also changed on live a few weeks ago with no official mention.

@rinat114 As far as i know the tooltips were never changed when they removed those damage penalties in mod 6. Are you saying that these penalties are actually active again? Because I have not noticed any change in damage on live
    The tooltips did change though. After the buff the penalty part was removed, you can even see it in the Neverwinter wiki page, it was updated shortly after the tooltip in-game did. The tooltip is back. Since it's a 2% reduction per enemy (as per Shadowmantle) I find it difficult to test and it's vague still for me, but it seems like there's something wrong for sure.
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Devoted Cleric

Weapon of Light: it seems that now it only grants the power derived from my equipment, or something like that. Is anyone else testing it?
    So the lunging strike cone is super tiny now and barely has a cone at all and only extents for about 3/4 feet as compares to about 10 before. Totally useless.

Tactical Superiority is bugged. When you put the 5th point in the feat, it breaks Combat Superiority. They never changed the have to attack part of the old rank 5 so at rank 4, it still works fine.
  • milkyguymilkyguy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User

Devoted Cleric

Weapon of Light: it seems that now it only grants the power derived from my equipment, or something like that. Is anyone else testing it?

yup, doesnt transfer power received from companion's gift as well as twisted set anymore
  • raisinghelllraisinghelll Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

ok tested, the steel breeze changes totally screwed the classic perma rotation

What is the cooldown for the charges for steel breeze? is it three second for a charge to come back, or is it like hindering shot where you have 3 charges that have a cooldown on top of a recharge for each charge? What is the gap like for a Trapper HR now?
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    All 3-stats enchants has 80 stats more than a 2-stats enchant.

Black Ice, Draconic, Gicantic and demonic all have 80 more than on live.

So its 460 + 230 + 230
    Before it was 420 + 210 + 210

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User

Hunter Ranger: (Thanks to @romotheone and @hawkend for this)

- Binding arrow no longer procs roots. Binding Arrow has had its cooldown reduced by roughly 25%.
    - Steel Breeze (melee version of Constricting Arrow) now has 3 charges. There is a 3 second CD between each cast. Steel Breeze now deals roughly 80% more damage.
    - Unflinching Aim now also reduces the cooldowns of your ranged powers by 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5 seconds for each aimed shot cast.
    - Thorned Roots: when hitting a control immune target immediately deal 250/300/350/400/450% of your weapon damage, previously did not scale.
    - Gushing wound initial hit deals 3x more damage and DoT deals roughly 30% more damage.
    - Hawk eye now does 15% of your next encounter power used within the next 5 seconds and 7.5% of allies encounter powers.
    - Commanding Shot deals roughly 50% more damage and cooldown reduced by about 15%
    - Oak Skin healing increased by roughly 3.5 times.
    - Split the Sky now also deals damage periodically snares targets.
    - Thorn Ward now has an additional 6 seconds duration per additional point added to it. Thorn Strike (melee version) now deals reduced damage if it hits more than 1 target.
    - Rain of Arrows radius increased from 6' to 10' and cooldown reduced by 10%. Rain of Swords deals 30% more damage and states it has a charge refill, although it has yet to have any charges added.
    - Split Strike received a 40% damage boost.
    - Marauder's Escape range stance version now deals physical damage. Putting points into it increases the damage it deals by 10% instead of giving action points.
    - Cold Steel Hurricane deals 40% more damage.
    - Aimed shot is no longer interrupted when you take damage.
    - Advanced Stalking no longer snares and instead increases bear trap damage by 10/20/30/40/50%.
    - Ambush now has a stackable ~10.3% debuff

For my Stormwarden archer, these are welcome changes. I'm not currently using Gushing Wound, but now I'll have to give it a second look. My current rotation is Cordon, RoA, and TW, and their associated melee powers. I tend to not use dailies as HR dailies have been useless for a very long time. About the only one I use (albeit very rarely) is Disruptive Shot, but if I'm resorting to that it means I'm under duress (and I mean ***real*** duress as my HR has 30k defense). Given this, the buffs to RoA and especially RoS are very welcome -- RoS always did lousy damage, and I simply used it because it's there. As a Stormwarden archer most of these changes don't apply to me, but those that do are going to be a big help.

The Aimed Shot change is loooooong overdue. The only time I ever used it was way back in epic Spellplague against the aboleth, and even then I eventually stopped using it in favor of other powers. For normal combat it's been useless for a very long time.

As for Cold Steel Hurricane...I'd have to look at it. Right now I have Seismic Shot as the other daily, which I might have used once or twice since the beginning of the year. HR dailies pale compared to their powers, though, so I just save the AP for an emergency when I might need a rapid-fire Disruptive Shot...
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Split sky, gushing wound, Cold steel hurricane for single target burst damge, as a HR I can not complain:). The change to steel breeze, oak skin and Thorne roots are pretty decent, not some thing big but very interesting.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • skormslyeskormslye Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Honestly, happy to see a buff to lightning, however I am very sad to see the Guardian Fighters nerf. Even just a slight anvil nerf woulda been fine at least in pvp. But into the fray being nerfed that hard. And premuch everything to do with dps as a Guardian is gone. Just pretty much becoming a walking punching bag.

I do agree that dps classes need a nerf to defenses including needs to bondings etc. Even more do the damage resistance buff to sw. In its shadow slip. Id like to see that all around defense nerf to them. To bring a more equal balance to all classes. Or we will honestly see a massive drop in tank players. No one will want to play tanks at this rate as they are just being given the shaft it seems.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Split sky, gushing wound, Cold steel hurricane for single target burst damge, as a HR I can not complain:). The change to steel breeze, oak skin and Thorne roots are pretty decent, not some thing big but very interesting.

Dunno how another useless % buff to cold steel hurricane, a tiny regen tickle and an arrow without roots no longer is interesting. It really does jack @#$% to improve archery or combat.
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    From OP post, it said that some GWF abilities are doing less damage than live.

Is it because of Wrathful Determination getting fixed?
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    @ghoulz66, I suggest you to use the changed powers a bit and draw your conclusion. The CSH does huge damage on dragons. Actually split sky and gushing wound buff are all path independent and good powers for single target.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

@ghoulz66, I suggest you to use the changed powers a bit and draw your conclusion. The CSH does huge damage on dragons. Actually split sky and gushing wound buff are all path independent and good powers for single target.

The majority of this game is not single target.

• ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User

Only Hindering, Binding, and Constricting included a Grasping Roots mechanic to begin with (other powers have control, but not Grasping Roots). Taking out one of the three is massive.

This patch was to remove permadaze from PvP and in theory, it's succeeded. I don't have the game installed anymore so I can't test, but from the Steel Breeze change and the removal of Binding Arrow's root mechanic (meaning you can't replace constricting with it now), means permadaze is no longer possible.
  • doublea2014doublea2014 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    @terramak thank you for fixes on SW, it also seems pure lightning properly works with most powers on test server, dunno if this is recent or not, but 100% thanks for additional fixes ontop of that =)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    ralexinor said:

This patch was to remove permadaze from PvP and in theory, it's succeeded. I don't have the game installed anymore so I can't test, but from the Steel Breeze change and the removal of Binding Arrow's root mechanic (meaning you can't replace constricting with it now), means permadaze is no longer possible.
    This should be addressed by adding a per-target cooldown to Crushing Roots rather than gutting one of only three ways to apply a core class mechanic.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User

Couple more GF changes I found.

Tactical Superiority - 5th tier Conqueror feat:

You deal 1/2/3/4/5% more damage and Combat Superiority grants an additional 1/2/3/4/5% more damage.

On Live:

Tactical Superiority 1/2/3/4/5% more damage. At the 5th tier of this feat, Combat Superiority will not require that the target hits you first.

Iron Focus (Improved Reaction on Live) - 2nd tier Protector feat:

Ferocious Reaction heals you for an additional 2/4/6/8/10% of your max Hit Points. Frontline Surge now has a 20/40/60/80/100% to Taunt and mark the affected Targets.

On Live:

Ferocious Reaction heals you for an additional 2/4/6/8/10% of your max Hit Points.

Powerful Strike - 4th tier Tactician feat:

Lunging Strike provides 4/8/12/16/20% more threat and has a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to interrupt your target. Line Breaker Assault now has its recharge time reduced by 0.2/0.4/0.6/0.8/1s for every target hit.

On Live:
    Lunging Strike provides 4/8/12/16/20% more threat and has a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to interrupt your target.

so CS now will do 20% with tactical superiority on live?
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

:/

congratulations

They know how to destroy a character

sw is death

just testing the preview, gwf remains the same , and sw was destroyed

this is the balance ?

they are hilarious

goodbye gwfwinter

Yeah, aside from the ITF I don't understand any of this. I thought SW and HR were getting re-works and it looks more like they threw darts at a board while blindfolded to decide what they were doing.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User

ralexinor said:

This should be addressed by adding a per-target cooldown to Crushing Roots rather than gutting one of only three ways to apply a core class mechanic.
    I'm simply stating what the purpose of them gutting the skill was. I don't agree with what they did either, and in my opinion, they didn't even solve the core issue here, which is in fact neither Crushing Roots nor the Root mechanic, but as I've stated countless times in the past, the Trapper cooldown feats, namely Swiftness of the Fox and to a lesser extent, Forestbond. Swiftness + Forestbond (and Trapper's Cunning somewhat), are the reasons why permadaze spec existed. Not Crushing Roots. Go any other path and take Crushing Roots and see how "permadaze" it is. It's not, because you don't have permanent uptime on root abilities.

They don't even know what to balance anymore tbh, and I do hope this is only the first round of changes, because if this is final then the HR class is completely dead in PvP.
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User

just testing the preview, gwf remains the same

That's for crit builds. I have a cheaper build.
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    abrams121 said:

This tank is already looking for a new game. Not rebuilding again after all the money and time spent getting here.

Legit who thought these excessive changes were a good idea? @terramak @badbotlimit @strumslinger

For real, you made classes in some sort "slightly" better, if that or nothing at all. (Mostly a lot worse) ITF was OP, and so was Anvil with the combo, but you nerfed it way too far. Just how you nerfed Clericshaste way too far. Seriously, do you even listen to your players? Do you even look at what you guys are doing? ITF in dungeons probably was broken with a SW, but 25%? really? 50% is more reasonable then going from for example 300% bonus damage all the way to 25%. Makes no sense.

Villains Menace was cut in half but the effects don't even work. You are still dazed by a TR's smoke bomb, and Rooted and Dazed by an HR. Why nerf something that only works for 5 seconds anyways? Like the dude @urabask said above, its as if you guys were blindfolded and threw darts at a board of what players want, but you hit the wall instead.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
This discussion has been closed.