test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guild Alliances Bugs and Issues

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2016 in Bug Reports (PC)
Please post in here about any bugs or issues you have for The Maze Engine: Guild Alliances. Our QA team will be combing through this thread.

Known issues:
- Guilds with previous allegiances in Gauntlgrym have issues joining an Alliance - we'll hopefully be fixing this on 6/9.
- If you leave an Alliance, you cannot join another one - we'll hopefully be fixing this on 6/9.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    If you click on the Permissions in the guild bank you will get this error

• Options
    No option available to do this anymore.
  • Options
    sanman2013sanman2013 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    same thing in our SH. Also no upgrade button.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    Confirmed. Unable to tend any structures.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    As I've posted about 5 times already:
    http://greycloaks.enjin.com/news/m/14382017/article/3855730
    (you all burnt through my monthly bandwidth limit at screencast, hehe)

This is a screen cap from Preview I took while Live was down this morning.

This issue was known and reported in Preview forum earlier this week:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1216104/error-when-attempting-to-send-alliance-invitations

Now that it's in production, here's our experience.

Greycloaks invited Blackcloaks and Team Fencebane as swords - both accepted successfully. (Fair Dinkum is still unknown - timezone differences)

Blackcloaks invited Chaos United, Wraithguard, and Ancient Spirits

Have not gotten feedback from CU or AS, but Wraithguard CANNOT accept the invitation - they are seeing the behavior displayed in the video I've linked above. Hopefully this will get fixed in short order!

Still also waiting on Shadow Draconis and Monsters of War to respond to their Team Fencebane invites.... will update here as things unfold.

UPDATE 1: Caritas is experiencing the same problem. The invite goes through, but the Accept button does not work.
    UPDATE 2: Chaos United reports being unable to accept the guild alliance invitation.

@strumslinger @terramak
    Post edited by kvet on
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    The Holy Crusaders can't invite anyone to be Sword underneath. It literally says "invitation not found" to any guild that'll try to accept.

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    That error used to pop up legitimately if you tried to name a bank tab using some punctuation.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    [Error] Alliance Error: Alliance invite not found.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    I didn't try to rename it. I just clicked permissions.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Tending production structures since the patch is unavailable, no matter what rank of the guild you are (including leader).

@terramak @strumslinger
  • Options
    anolia123anolia123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User
    Yep, same here

@strumslinger @terramak Guys, your help is needed
    Estelle Sagenweber, Vier Elemente, german guild

"ZAP!", "BAM!", "KA-POW!"
    - Batman
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    @strumslinger

Can we get some info on exactly what's going on and what the issue may be?

I remember seeing an issue on Preview Forum saying that GG PvP allegiance could be an issue?
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Caritas (Gauntlet of Team Fencebane) has an invitation to join the alliance, but the Accept button does nothing but dismiss that dialog. It does not accept the invitation or remove the invitation from the "invitations received" dialog.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    There currently is a known issue where guilds who had a Gauntlgrym allegiance prior to Neverwinter: Elemental Evil, after leaving an Alliance, are currently unable to join another Alliance, but will be fixed in a future build. If you guys weren't in a GG allegiance, then something is really wrong. I'll bring it up either way.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    @strumslinger this doesn't have anything to do with leaving and not coming back. Look at the video I put in any of the posts I've put reporting this issue over the past few days. I may be related, but the problem is the Accept button DOES NOT WORK in some cases. So far, in my alliance both Wraithguard and Caritas have reported this problem. The video I posted above shows exactly what's happening with them.

Blackcloaks and Team Fencebane both we able to accept successfully.
  • Options
    setillsetill Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    And why does it even went live if it's a known issue?
  • Options
    picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Alliance Error: Alliance invite not found. is the message if someone accept guild invite.
    so alliance is not working. cant be accepted from invited guilds.
    invite message comes as popup window 30 min after sending invite. but cant be accepted.

Our guild was in a gauntlergrym alliance, so this might be the reason for guild invite not working. hopefully this will be fixed VERY VERY SOON.
    Post edited by picar66 on
  • Options
    zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I'm unable to invite two of the sword guilds in my alliance, which means that we also have five gauntlet guilds that are unable to join. That's 7 guilds, probably around 700 players, waiting for this to be fixed to join the alliance.

When alliances release I don't expect to be missing 2/3 of my alliance due to a bug.

This is something that shouldn't wait to be "fixed in a future build."
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    @strumslinger

We can't even form The Tuxedo T-Shirt Alliance because the Swords: Unrepentant / Gallifreyan Keep / And the Imaginary Friends are unable to accept invites from the Helm (Win or Lose We Booze)...

If this 'will be taken care of in a future build', that is basically means we are S.O.L. when it comes to The Tuxedo T-Shirt Alliance until said issue is taken care of. Kvet has the right of it, where some Guilds simply can't be in ANY Alliance. Which is a major issue IMO.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Ok... by my reckoning GK weren't around for original GG and will have no residual faction data. What factions were the Boozers and Uey, and did ImFriends exist under another name? Trying to determine if this is still a factor in some way.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options

Ok... by my reckoning GK weren't around for original GG and will have no residual faction data. What factions were the Boozers and Uey, and did ImFriends exist under another name? Trying to determine if this is still a factor in some way.

Honestly I don't even remember what we were as we went back and forth a few times...

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    I think Imaginary Friends was Luskan...but they might have been delz. I honestly don't remember anymore
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Unrepentant started as Delzoun, but switched to Luskan...but that was Helm knows how long ago...over a year or two.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    scathias said:

I think Imaginary Friends was Luskan...but they might have been delz. I honestly don't remember anymore

If it was something it would have been probably delzuon.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Additional info:

Caritas still has the invitation waiting, and I get a reminder dialog every time I zone, open a reward chest or close an NPC dialog.

• Options
    Also...

Caritas was founded after Elemental Evil and never had a GG alliance.

• Options
    xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    Just to throw in my lot as well, we are unable to accept invitation from a Sword guild into an alliance. Exactly the same symptoms, clicking accept doesnt do anything...The invitation pops now and then when changing zones. Guild "The Eternal".
  • Options
    Also..

When I switch to a character NOT in Caritas (personal guild), I still get prompted to join an Alliance. The Alliance position is stated as Gauntlet (same as the properly directed invitation), but the Alliance name is blank