test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: Guild Alliances

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2016 in Patch Notes (PC)

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    peonliciouspeonlicious Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Still no fix for impossible gold on prophecy of madness? is it that hard to fix or you guys are just ignoring it? the +5 ring drop rate is already stupid and the only place that drops some of them is just impossible to get gold, its really frustrating.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Also still no fix for every dungeon (but CN) invariably loading you in at the very beginning, even if the group is at the final boss.

I like a lot of the changes and fixes here (though we'll see how Alliances work out...), but there are so many things that render significant swaths of content either unplayable or significantly more annoying, and to see those go unaddressed is frustrating.
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Nerfing the quartermaster already eh.
    So happy I didn't bother to upgrade this one like the Dragon Horde.
    @peonlicious
    PoM fix would be nice, along with a ton of other bug fixes totally ignored.
    But Garrundar the Vile's spit is rendered clearer for a CTA played for 3 days a year from now. *shrug*
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I'm interested to see if the bonding stone changes make a noticeable difference in runs and also the price of the stones
  • Options
    jiubiizeekkjiubiizeekk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    This, this is HAMSTER "Quartermaster's Enchantment: Similar to the Dragon Hoard Enchantment, the bonus drops given by this item now reduce in frequency after a certain number of drops in a day."
    So after a forum community manager or something states that a Bot wouldn't be able to obtain these enchants at a high level because of the high price and banning process. they still get nerfed? Wtf after i've invested millions into these enchantments.

Just a little question, Whens the refinement requirement going down? *swears, bunch of profanity* god damit why are you's never happy with releasing something then letting people be happy for once? I've been stuck at 3.3k IL for 4 months unable to progress because of the HAMSTER we have to buy...

2x seals weekend i ran 100+ dungeons. i earned about 700k AD Thats one coal ward and the other reagents OR in my case refinement and reagents to upgrade 'a' Quartermaster enchant. Thats a 2x seals weekend. 700k ad gone in about two minutes for a +(i done even know 30?) to my item level. 4 whole days running dungeons and i mean whole 15 hour days. to earn that much. Annnd Let me just say boss drop rates are 'Profanity' now.

Its pitiful how much gets changed after being released.
  • Options
    shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    The Sharandar repeatable campaign task, Assist War Effort, has been changed to award one Power Point per completion.

this sounds reasonable, since it would be a step away from rng.
    i got 3 powerpoints out of 20 levelups over doublexp weekend.
    if this repeatable task makes it more easy to plan a toons skillprogress, i would be very happy
  • Options
    linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    "The Sharandar campaign and its related content now spans levels 64-68, reduced from 70."

Better late than never.
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Oathbound Paladin: Oath of Protection no longer impacts server performance.
    As a side effect of this change, it is now slightly easier to hit the cap from this passive power when receiving very small amounts of damage.
    Does that mean another OP nerf ? I really hope I am having a language barrier mistake in reading this
    The Sharandar repeatable campaign task, Assist War Effort, has been changed to award one Power Point per completion.
    This is really nice. should help to draw players to Shandahar.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    taevannyataevannya Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    And again nothing about the Foundry...
    NW-DS9N7XBWI : Tel'met Beth'en Segreduin
    NW-DRSTZIHXU : The Silver Hand (needs reviews, RP map)
  • Options
    martins#2911 martins Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    We hope that these changes are for the better!
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Looking forward to the alliances xD I like the power points from sharandar and the bonding fixes.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    jorell#4306 jorell Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Glad to see some kind of a fix for Razer Chroma, hope it fixed the main error of mouse freezing.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Young Enough To Not Care!
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    Fix POM pls.
  • Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    " Masterwork Profession nodes (from Explorer's Charts) are no longer exploitable during the Double Profession Resources event. "

Does this mean that the Masterwork Profession Nodes aren't equivalent to the "normal" skill nodes during 2xProfesional Resources event and will not give 2x the content? I've only just started collecting Scrolls and am not aware of what the exploit was before
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Ho...hum... The alliances don't really change that much for the majority of players...and personally I would have preferred some effort spent on bugfixes instead.

My pet peeves:

1) DC Divine Glow (and some other powers) don't trigger the Dread Enchant, DESPITE IT SPECIFICALLY SAYING IT TRIGGERS ON ENCOUNTERS!

2) The Foundry is a complete disaster. If you are going to kill it, then do it...do not let it linger half-dead like this. When you have done done all the content, the Foundry would have been a perfect way to do something new, but when it's not working, well....

3) Profession nodes are now worthless - you went too far when you simply removed all enchants without giving anything in return. Yes, I know you added insignia, but once people have the 15 insignia they need, they are a worthless drop too - you didn't even make them BtA (which you should IMO have done).

4) Masterwork professions are worthless - the quality items you can make simply does not justify the expense.

If today's patch had fixed those issues, I would have been happy....but instead I got Alliances, which really don't make much of a difference to me. I am in a fairly large casual-friendly guild, which is currently upgrading to GH 14. The main effect of the Alliances for me will be that I can maybe kill the stronghold dragons a bit more frequently than I currently do - not really a major game-changing experience for me, like the bugfixes would have been.

So, for me, the Alliance update is just not worth getting excited about.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

Looking forward to the alliances xD I like the power points from sharandar and the bonding fixes.

If you see what they did with bounding stones you arent happy anymore.....welcome back module 5.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    blinxon said:

If you see what they did with bounding stones you arent happy anymore.....welcome back module 5.
    Last time I checked preview I could hold my bonding stacks permanently. There is a 20 second CD but it just kept refreshing and never dropped. With 3 R12s it's a 300% augment lol I look forward to seeing if it has changed in the last few days!
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

Last time I checked preview I could hold my bonding stacks permanently. There is a 20 second CD but it just kept refreshing and never dropped. With 3 R12s it's a 300% augment lol I look forward to seeing if it has changed in the last few days!

I would expect it to change at some point in the future.....probably after everyone has upgraded to 3xRank12 bonding stones.

Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    adinosii said:

reg1981 said:

I would expect it to change at some point in the future.....probably after everyone has upgraded to 3xRank12 bonding stones.

So never going to happen then as there will never be a point when everyone has upgraded to 3 x Rank 12 Bonding Runestones as most players will simply never be able to afford the cost :) I know I can't :'(

• Options
    yodaminionyodaminion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    You fixed Merchant's in Distress for Drowned Shore and that's a good thing, but you are aware that Merchants in Distress is also screwed up in Reclamation Rock. Several of my guild have turned in tickets on this issue dating all the way back to November and it's still not fixed. Only about 10% of the time does it work at either of it's 2 spawn points. Also in Reclamation Rock, the Press Gang heroic encounter only spawns and works at one of the two places it's supposed to. With these not working it is very difficult for people using Earth Seekers Wand to get more than 4 or 5 motes per wand charge while people in other areas using a wand are getting 10-15 motes per charge, that is simply unacceptable.
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

blinxon said:

I'm noticing this now, 100% uptime in combat.

I'm guessing it's not WAI
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    Guild invite can not be accepted. invite not found was errormessage.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    So, your answer to all the feedback regarding the requirements for the sharandar power point task and the "fixed" bonding runestones making augments totally worthless is : " We don't care what you think and we know better".

Way to go.
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    vattara said:

" Masterwork Profession nodes (from Explorer's Charts) are no longer exploitable during the Double Profession Resources event. "

Does this mean that the Masterwork Profession Nodes aren't equivalent to the "normal" skill nodes during 2xProfesional Resources event and will not give 2x the content? I've only just started collecting Scrolls and am not aware of what the exploit was before

To clarify this note, it does not mean explorer's charts were removed from the 2x event. The charts were only recently added to the event, however, when the event was run immediately following their addition an exploit was discovered so the event had to be turned off.

That being said, the issue is now resolved, so explorer's chart resources should be doubled in future runs of the event. The only change for those that may have interacted with them during the last double event is that you will only obtain one type of resource per interact. Before it was possible to obtain 1 adamant sand and 1 lacquer branch in a single interact, for instance. After the change, you'll either obtain 2 adamant sand or 2 lacquer branches.
  • Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    @asterdahl We were ready to invite all the guilds today to our alliance. We successfully invited one guild to start our alliance as our first sword guild. The other two invites we sent were received but when the other guild leaders tried to accept nothing happened, no error message was given. Why is it that we can't properly form an alliance? When will this bug be fixed? Everyone's excited about joining an alliance and doing DF's together and running HE's together and there is a 24 hour probation period that is being extended by this inability to form the very thing this patch is about. Please help us out and give us an update?
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    arrxen#8286 arrxen Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi there. I just patched and I can`t get through the first loading screen with all the logos on. Anyone know why would that be?
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

reg1981 said:

blinxon said:

I'm noticing this now, 100% uptime in combat.

I'm guessing it's not WAI
    it is WAI actually according to the Devs
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

@asterdahl We were ready to invite all the guilds today to our alliance. We successfully invited one guild to start our alliance as our first sword guild. The other two invites we sent were received but when the other guild leaders tried to accept nothing happened, no error message was given. Why is it that we can't properly form an alliance? When will this bug be fixed? Everyone's excited about joining an alliance and doing DF's together and running HE's together and there is a 24 hour probation period that is being extended by this inability to form the very thing this patch is about. Please help us out and give us an update?

Thank you for the report. This is a priority issue for us and we are currently investigating a solution. I can tell you that unfortunately due to the nature of the issue, attempting to re-invite a guild that was unable to accept will not work until the fix goes through. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue is causing.
This discussion has been closed.