Options

Patch Notes: Guild Alliances

Comments

• Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    scathias said:

reg1981 said:

blinxon said:

Looking forward to the alliances xD I like the power points from sharandar and the bonding fixes.

If you see what they did with bounding stones you arent happy anymore.....welcome back module 5.
    Last time I checked preview I could hold my bonding stacks permanently. There is a 20 second CD but it just kept refreshing and never dropped. With 3 R12s it's a 300% augment lol I look forward to seeing if it has changed in the last few days!
    I'm noticing this now, 100% uptime in combat.

I'm guessing it's not WAI
    it is WAI actually according to the Devs
    what's the point of having a countown that doesn't countown then?
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

@asterdahl We were ready to invite all the guilds today to our alliance. We successfully invited one guild to start our alliance as our first sword guild. The other two invites we sent were received but when the other guild leaders tried to accept nothing happened, no error message was given. Why is it that we can't properly form an alliance? When will this bug be fixed? Everyone's excited about joining an alliance and doing DF's together and running HE's together and there is a 24 hour probation period that is being extended by this inability to form the very thing this patch is about. Please help us out and give us an update?

Thank you for the report. This is a priority issue for us and we are currently investigating a solution. I can tell you that unfortunately due to the nature of the issue, attempting to re-invite a guild that was unable to accept will not work until the fix goes through. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue is causing.
    Any ETA on that, please?
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    The more this happens.....and it happens a lot....the more i wonder if the preview server isnt actually for testing content, but to ensure the server is playable with the new content and doesnt crash.

Releasing a feature that was broken on test and now broken on live in the exact same way is just laughable. I guess as long as we keep playing they will have no reason to change.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2016

The more this happens.....and it happens a lot....the more i wonder if the preview server isnt actually for testing content, but to ensure the server is playable with the new content and doesnt crash.

We've pretty thoroughly established that when a build hits preview, there's not really time to take much of our feedback into account, as the devs are already under the whip for the next project.

"Fix it in post."

Edit: image too perfect

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,115 Arc User
    Let's see...

Can't tend stronghold production. The option to tend is not on the sign for the production site.

While trying to work on the new campaign and catch up missed quests while leveling, the quest givers will not offer you the quests. Trying to get into Skull Fortress and can't get the task from the halfling. Went up to the next camp and the Cook will not offer any quests there, either.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Let's see...

Can't tend stronghold production. The option to tend is not on the sign for the production site.

While trying to work on the new campaign and catch up missed quests while leveling, the quest givers will not offer you the quests. Trying to get into Skull Fortress and can't get the task from the halfling. Went up to the next camp and the Cook will not offer any quests there, either.

@greywynd
    You missed Lili Huntinghawk, probably. Can't get quests if you haven't done prerequisite quests. Hers are required, but nothing points you directly to her.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options

greywynd said:

Let's see...

@greywynd
    You missed Lili Huntinghawk, probably. Can't get quests if you haven't done prerequisite quests. Hers are required, but nothing points you directly to her.
    I will go back and check, Becky
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

@asterdahl We were ready to invite all the guilds today to our alliance. We successfully invited one guild to start our alliance as our first sword guild. The other two invites we sent were received but when the other guild leaders tried to accept nothing happened, no error message was given. Why is it that we can't properly form an alliance? When will this bug be fixed? Everyone's excited about joining an alliance and doing DF's together and running HE's together and there is a 24 hour probation period that is being extended by this inability to form the very thing this patch is about. Please help us out and give us an update?

Thank you for the report. This is a priority issue for us and we are currently investigating a solution. I can tell you that unfortunately due to the nature of the issue, attempting to re-invite a guild that was unable to accept will not work until the fix goes through. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue is causing.
    lol welcome to the Neverwinter Alliance update...Bug: Cannot form Alliances.

you had one job with this update...
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Protection Orders quest is b0rked. I go to the corner where the merchant supposedly is, there's nothing there...
  • Options
    vorcengetrixvorcengetrix Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    There is an issue with bondings it seems you want to make them all powerful but they are so overpowerful its just not worth running a dungeon with a dps that has them. I have an aweful feeling that buffs (such as pally power increase) also add to Pets and then they will add to the owner via bonding. I ran CN today with a GWF with 2 Greater bondings (base power about 25k) and he hit iver 100k power let alone his Crit score, imagine if he had 3 Rank 12's.

It is getting rather boring watching a GWF run of kill everything and your just along for the ride or the farming of the trivial dungeon. The end boss of CN is killed in his first phase most of the time or down to <30% hit points. This means the most powerful Boss in the game (as he needs high GS) can be killed in no time at all.

I have no idea how your going to fix this but it should be obviouse that Augment + 3 Rank 12 bondings should give better stats augment than none augement with 3 rank 12's.

It seems you are just adding lots of new things like the radiant damage and creating chaos and bugs in there wake with the interaction of powers. You have far to many things escpecially now the mounts are in aswell (if the boost they give also goes to companions with augments this this is gonna get even more silly. Migtht as well sell all you enchants >8 and plow into augments you will have way better scores!
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

There is an issue with bondings it seems you want to make them all powerful but they are so overpowerful its just not worth running a dungeon with a dps that has them. I have an aweful feeling that buffs (such as pally power increase) also add to Pets and then they will add to the owner via bonding. I ran CN today with a GWF with 2 Greater bondings (base power about 25k) and he hit iver 100k power let alone his Crit score, imagine if he had 3 Rank 12's.

It is getting rather boring watching a GWF run of kill everything and your just along for the ride or the farming of the trivial dungeon. The end boss of CN is killed in his first phase most of the time or down to <30% hit points. This means the most powerful Boss in the game (as he needs high GS) can be killed in no time at all.

I have no idea how your going to fix this but it should be obviouse that Augment + 3 Rank 12 bondings should give better stats augment than none augement with 3 rank 12's.

It seems you are just adding lots of new things like the radiant damage and creating chaos and bugs in there wake with the interaction of powers. You have far to many things escpecially now the mounts are in aswell (if the boost they give also goes to companions with augments this this is gonna get even more silly. Migtht as well sell all you enchants >8 and plow into augments you will have way better scores!

This can be literally any DPS class. I don't get why people keep harping on GWFs when it's support classes that are really causing all these problems.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options

@greywynd

My bad. Worse than that. The character I was trying to do it with never went into Skyhold except for Seeds and demons. Had to run the whole zone.

• Options
    jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    urabask said:

This can be literally any DPS class. I don't get why people keep harping on GWFs when it's support classes that are really causing all these problems.
    I don't really see it as a "problem", its people building their character a certain way, to buff their party to make runs easier. No reason to change things more when its such a small % of the player base that actually know how to do it and take advantage of it. Most players just play how they want to and don't care about party mechanics and how to make things easier for the group.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • Options
    jmiller84 said:

urabask said:

I don't really see it as a "problem", its people building their character a certain way, to buff their party to make runs easier. No reason to change things more when its such a small % of the player base that actually know how to do it and take advantage of it. Most players just play how they want to and don't care about party mechanics and how to make things easier for the group.
    It's a problem because the way buffs scale Cryptic can't scale rewards any higher because no matter what they do everyone will burn through it in fifteen minutes or less.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    @asterdahl cannot upgrade stronghold buildings even tho we have enough resources to build.
  • Options
    doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 68 Arc User

Releasing a feature that was broken on test and now broken on live in the exact same way is just laughable. I guess as long as we keep playing they will have no reason to change.

Now I will say this I was having trouble with a issue making a Alliance on test server for good while, 2+ Weeks notice of some issues, honestly, you put the patch on test server and then release it to soon without enough test or bug fixing prior to launch and when this happens customers leave and iv seen a few that I normally see on everyday vanished!! so either they got banned for something or they just up and left because they tired of issues like this, now once the issue that was reported was fixed on test, we still didn't have enough time to have enough folks to full 100% test the system out and make sure its working, please don't let this continue to be the case, thanks long time customer here, iv tried dealing with this mess and it tends to get on my nerves but this is why!!!!!!
  • Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    urabask said:

Probably due to Steely Defense and Disciple of War feats - which with 100% uptime R12 Bonding boosts GWF's Power unimaginably.
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    fernuu said:

urabask said:

Probably due to Steely Defense and Disciple of War feats - which with 100% uptime R12 Bonding boosts GWF's Power unimaginably.
    meanwhile these feats do not apply to stats gained from Augments, but hey Bonding works >.<
  • Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User

fernuu said:

urabask said:

meanwhile these feats do not apply to stats gained from Augments, but hey Bonding works >.<</p>
    Actually dunno if they work, but I assume they are when I see GWF hitting dummies with >60k power solo. But hey, it's same with Dark Revelry on SW - it gives 20% more base power, even guild boon bonus isn't applied so for me it's 60% effectivness only :)
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    fernuu said:

fernuu said:

urabask said:

meanwhile these feats do not apply to stats gained from Augments, but hey Bonding works >.<</p>
    Actually dunno if they work, but I assume they are when I see GWF hitting dummies with >60k power solo. But hey, it's same with Dark Revelry on SW - it gives 20% more base power, even guild boon bonus isn't applied so for me it's 60% effectivness only :)

I can get that much power on my CW : \

It's just protector's camaraderie+friendship and r12 bondings on a pet with 3 offense slots.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    ...I invested a lot in quartermaster enchants.
    These enchants can be considered as garbage now and will pay back it´s investment in about... 10 years continous gameplay more or less, lol.
    There is near no way to get the rp for upgrading artifacts etc. except from the AH for silly ammounts.
    I am very interested in : How are you going to deal with this?
    First you give an option to go for, a goal ( a very expansive one !!), and than you break it?
    Poor decisions since there was near no sign about big ammounts of bottet enchants in the AH.
    You owe me 3 million AD I would estimate :(

And about the alltime 285% buff from 3x bondings rank 12 I can´t say if that´s balance...
    A companion spends 100% + some more from enchants.
    In case you want balance, rearrange the buff from bondings, somthing like:
    lesser 30%, normal 35%, greater 40%, perfect 45%, rank 11 50%, rank 12 55%
    -->90-105-120-135-150-165% bonus is enough imho
    or 90-110-130-150-170-190
    90%of the community does not want that powercreep, maybe you noticed allready?
    I run alltime with 50k power and 80+ critchance.

And to sum it up for you, cryptic, in one sentence:
    This mannor will drive the player away and none of them spends money for your game, until you deal with the relevant issues, not one cent as 100 times mentioned in this forum.
    (And we know you read that stuff, even lurking into PVP section).

You obviuosly lost any sense for the motivation playerbase needs to stick with your game.
    Atm you punish them a lot I would say.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    vorcengetrixvorcengetrix Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    I do run with lower level parties and the guild i am in dont run like that anyway. Any other time outside the guild tho its as I said watching a GWF running off and killing everthing. I use GWF as an example because i tested it yesterday with a GWF (a good player also tho).

I also see that I have benefited from augments while they are the best and can see if there is a change then let it happen but its just a massive increase in power. It unblances the whole game to a point of just get companion with bondings and your sorted and maybe a vorpal and some rank 8's.

If it reduces a game to one mechanic like that then its lost what i enjoy about it.

If the game is going this way then perhaps im just not the type of person that should play the game which is a shame as I have enjoyed a good few years in the game.

I think one of the root problems tho is they have added so much content (pets active powers, mounts and all manner of things) that the interaction of them causes problems for the devs as it has become impossible to see how things interact with each other.

• Options
    fuglymookfuglymook Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    The bonding stones are working fine it is what can be equipped in the companions equipment slots that is providing the huge numbers (ie 3x adorable rings which have 2 offensive slots per and/or the sudden/brutality rings which give 4000 of a stat for 8 seconds every 30 seconds). Party and individual buffs that do not show up until you are in combat pad these numbers even more. Stronghold boons that give more stats than all your gear combined add to power creep too. Add insignia buffs to the list too. Throw in mount buffs to the equation. As you see if a player uses all the tools available in the game ANY class can be incredibly powerful running the same old content. Let us just hope that the promise of harder new content pans out....
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

Can't get quests if you haven't done prerequisite quests. Hers are required, but nothing points you directly to her.

Had to do the same thing in Whispering Caverns last night. You have to grab the pre-reqs first but that isn't always easy to remember or find if you haven't been there in a while.

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    ksardascheetahksardascheetah Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    PLease, report me, where alliances was fixed. Can't invite any of friend-guild to alliance, playing on drider server
  • Options
    zefirootzefiroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

vattara said:

To clarify this note, it does not mean explorer's charts were removed from the 2x event. The charts were only recently added to the event, however, when the event was run immediately following their addition an exploit was discovered so the event had to be turned off.

That being said, the issue is now resolved, so explorer's chart resources should be doubled in future runs of the event. The only change for those that may have interacted with them during the last double event is that you will only obtain one type of resource per interact. Before it was possible to obtain 1 adamant sand and 1 lacquer branch in a single interact, for instance. After the change, you'll either obtain 2 adamant sand or 2 lacquer branches.

Ok, tnx for clearing that out, I though you removed 2x resources for masterwork from the event.
    Now, when will we get the event back?

This discussion has been closed.