What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Current HIGHEST dps class??

Comments

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    who has the highest dps vs single target( the hit will count if matches the hp of boss example: if gf hit 5m anvil on 100k hp the hit is 100k) ( list based on wai only mechanics).
    1:gwf
    2.tr
    3.cw(thaumaturge)
    4:dc( righteous)
    5:gf(conqueror)
    6: sw
    7:hr
    8:op( protection)

note this : when supports include in their damaging skills and buffs. examples: into the fray-knight challenge-anvil, dc: spirit-glow-daunting.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

who has the highest dps vs single target( the hit will count if matches the hp of boss example: if gf hit 5m anvil on 100k hp the hit is 100k) ( list based on wai only mechanics).
    2.tr
    3.cw(thaumaturge)

note this : when supports include in their damaging skills and buffs. examples: into the fray-knight challenge-anvil, dc: spirit-glow-daunting.

Wrong. Assuming we not counting hawk eye/MF or other buggy features then:

1) GF (Anvil)
    2) GWF (IBS)
    3) TR (SoD)
    4) CW (Ice Knife/Disintegrate)
    5) SW (SS)
    6) DC (DL)
    7) OP (DJ)

leaving HR out, since I am not sure where they will fit in without their buggy mechanics.
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

here is what we can do to prove what you said is right, you take 1 of your DPS GWF and we place him in a party with a good 1cw , good 1 hr , good 1 sw and 1 paladin and do a castle never run. then we change the sw to a guardian fighter dps , after that we change the HR with a good TR . and we take the end results , no buffer GF or buff DC that can boost the effectiveness only a paladin that can tank for them.
    If the DPS GF places above any other DPS class then you are wrong, and if GWF doesn't place first in all runs then you are again wrong.

Yes that sound fair.....you make grps with 1 melee class that regular cant get aggro ( TR) + 1 Tank that dont give any buffs and the rest are range dds. Ofc the best set up for a gwf....cuzz GWFs can stand in any red zone like GF can and GWFs can make huuuge range dps...your so damn right.
  • Options
    etelgrin said:

If we take Hawkeye into account, then the HR is the best but then yet again Hawkeye only goes insane when the proper buffing is around, so we could say as well that SW buggy Murderous would be on par, with Hawkeye being far more reliable source of high dps. Then I think the strongest is GWF, I've seen some really unstoppable ones then GF without a doubt, Freya proved it possible on one of these Tiamats. Then TR, I've seen two kinds of TR, low irrelevant DPSers, and super high dpsers.

Hawk Eye is not WAI.
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

Hawk Eye is not WAI.

Why?
  • Options
    blinxon said:

Hawk Eye is not WAI.

Why?
    Short explanation: The 15% scales off buffs, meaning its not doing 15%, its doing some absurd number.

Long explanation: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1214171/hawk-shot-melee-stance
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    kvet said:

So, exploits aside - yes - I think the Paingiver stat is completely meaningless. It's about whether you win or lose - that goes for PvE and PvP. So, I just don't get why people are crying so much in this thread... Because of some exploit? If that's the case this thread has badly derailed and probably should just be put out of its misery.

It's quite bold coming here and stating how people "cry" furthermore proposing to close this thread simply because you dislike it. People need to discuss things and also get informed. Whether people "win" or "lose" the game is beyond the subject here, I'm afraid, so if anyone's derailing from it's tracks - that would be you with your statements.

People here know that the game's buggy as hell and are trying to find a constructive solution and maybe agree on something in order to find a better solution both for newcomers and longtime players. I think that the cause is just no matter how you look at it so if you know anything (or your guildies) mechanics-wise on the topic of highest dps (spike, buff potential) I strongly suggest to post it here.

Regards.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    slightly off topic, but related to one of the other posts. I always found it strange that ice based magic does the same damage against ice based mobs etc. Shouldn't fire elementals be immune to fire etc.

anyway it would be nice to see the numbers, with all the bugs and exploits ironed out of some of the classes
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Because there is no real reason to have dps, when you have tanks who can both tank and dps, if it wasnt for the aspect of THERE is NOT yet that many players who understand that GFS are king boss, you will start seeing 3-4 gf parties out there instead.

A new player usually skips the GF class, thinking they are a tank, when in reality they are a tank/buffer/dps class all rolled into one.

If the game is supposed to be more linearly aligned, then yes its a issue.

HOWEVER, ive already stated, IM OK with leaving GF with high end DPS, IF THEY Receive a penalty in correlation with that DPS. IE.. they should have survibility issues when specced for DPS, but they dont, THEY should also have aggro issues when specced for DPS, but they dont.

There is no trade off penalty and that is the REAL issue to me.

Im 100% ok with their DPS if they have trade offs. Right now they dont and that is the real balance crux.

Defending this is like defending paladin bubbles, (its the same argument, it gets teams through the content, so why nerf it)

Will you AT least agree that there should be a trade off for their DPS?

• Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Gf fighter is certainly in a very good position now. I don't meet so many dps gf so far. The two I met are all 4k item level. I leave others to discuss about it.

But one question? Isn't it easier to stack 400 defence for party dps than stack crit and power for his/her own dps. Why would (most) gf go dps track?

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

But one question? Isn't it easier to stack 400 defence for party dps than stack crit and power for his/her own dps.
    Why would (most) gf go dps track?

Solo play. Heroics. PvP. Etc.
    You pull your GF alt out of the closet to tank for dungeons.
    My GF is my main and I do more solo or raid stuff then actually 5-man content.

I think alot of people (not saying you) see GFs as a class that solely exists to be agro/shield in dungeons.
    This game isn't like that anymore. It's alot less party/team focuses. It all started with heroics and mod 3 and DPS clerics.

How many active GF mains does our guild have? Like 3 or 4? How many GWFs? Too many to count.
    So GFs have to hold their own now.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Double post
  • Options
    edited June 2016

The trade-off is that Conqueror GFs don't access the feats of tacticians and protectors. I've tried them all. The difference is amazing. That has a much bigger impact then most arguing for nerfs want to credit. But why take tank feats when your team destroys things before you can get your slow but up there to see what's going on?

Time and time again, I see GWFs destroy mobs before I can catch up. GFs aren't taking the protect/tact tank feats because...wait for it... they don't have to anymore. Funny nerfing GF is even being mentioned when it's impact on the game is so microscopic. 3 named GFs can do DPS in tiamat and edemo. Holy cow, lets drink the Kool-aid, the world is gonna end at midnight on the Incan calendar.

I think the only reason people are connecting the Cong GF as a tank DPS'er is because content has not caught up with the power creep.

I saw a phrase on the board back a couple mods ago. To paraphrase, something like: "It's so easy now, even congs can tank it."
    Well, that day came. Bugged SW and 4k GWFs with power getting almost triple digit just swat mobs like flies. No one needs a tank. So don't hate when we stop being tanks.

• Options
    edited June 2016

2.tr
    3.cw(thaumaturge)

1) GF (Anvil)
    2) GWF (IBS)
    3) TR (SoD)
    5) SW (SS)
    6) DC (DL)
    7) OP (DJ)

leaving HR out, since I am not sure where they will fit in without their buggy mechanics.

2.tr
    3.cw(thaumaturge)

1) GF (Anvil)
    2) GWF (IBS)
    3) TR (SoD)
    5) SW (SS)
    6) DC (DL)
    7) OP (DJ)

GF more dps than a great weapon ? how much damage will deal a gwf with sure strike-weapon master strike until gf deal the high burst hits?
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    deathbeez said:

But one question? Isn't it easier to stack 400 defence for party dps than stack crit and power for his/her own dps.
    Why would (most) gf go dps track?

Solo play. Heroics. PvP. Etc.
    You pull your GF alt out of the closet to tank for dungeons.
    My GF is my main and I do more solo or raid stuff then actually 5-man content.

I think alot of people (not saying you) see GFs as a class that solely exists to be agro/shield in dungeons.
    This game isn't like that anymore. It's alot less party/team focuses. It all started with heroics and mod 3 and DPS clerics.

How many active GF mains does our guild have? Like 3 or 4? How many GWFs? Too many to count.
    So GFs have to hold their own now.
    A good point! I really wish Cryptic gives us dual builds, then solo play for both gf and dc will be much easier.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options

2.tr
    3.cw(thaumaturge)

1) GF (Anvil)
    2) GWF (IBS)
    3) TR (SoD)
    5) SW (SS)
    6) DC (DL)
    7) OP (DJ)

2.tr
    3.cw(thaumaturge)

1) GF (Anvil)
    2) GWF (IBS)
    3) TR (SoD)
    5) SW (SS)
    6) DC (DL)
    7) OP (DJ)

total damage per second ibs over sure strike fabri? i said do not calculate the million hit when the hit > target hp. YOU even say it in one of your posts.
    Where does single target matter? In boss fights. In a boss fight, you land a 10M+ anvil/IBS and the boss still survives, but loses most of its life. I can show you multiple videos where a 10M+ hit was landed and yet the target survived, with only a small amount of HP remaining.
  • Options

kvet said:

So, exploits aside - yes - I think the Paingiver stat is completely meaningless. It's about whether you win or lose - that goes for PvE and PvP. So, I just don't get why people are crying so much in this thread... Because of some exploit? If that's the case this thread has badly derailed and probably should just be put out of its misery.

It's quite bold coming here and stating how people "cry" furthermore proposing to close this thread simply because you dislike it. People need to discuss things and also get informed. Whether people "win" or "lose" the game is beyond the subject here, I'm afraid, so if anyone's derailing from it's tracks - that would be you with your statements.

People here know that the game's buggy as hell and are trying to find a constructive solution and maybe agree on something in order to find a better solution both for newcomers and longtime players. I think that the cause is just no matter how you look at it so if you know anything (or your guildies) mechanics-wise on the topic of highest dps (spike, buff potential) I strongly suggest to post it here.

Regards.
    I Will talk about my class control wizard. storm spell artifact class feature the additional hit can critical. NO matter if is 5% chance i have seen in act ( we use it to not scroll up and down the combat log are the same thing) 9% of the storm spells are critical. I Can call it broken because called storm spell. COMBAT LOG: critical hit storm spell deals xxxxx damage. I would say nothing if was a random name. but no is lighting damage as the storm spell and it actually is called storm spell. UNTil i see next to the tooltip : ( can critical ) I WILL not count it as wai.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Can someone explain what needs to happen for a hit to reach 10mil?

I'm super excited when I see a 300K hit, how are ppl getting 10mil? Fair enough I don't have any real DPS spec'd toons . . . . . but 10mil that's 30 times more

Something definitely feeds fixing when those numbers are happening, surely.

Bring back the diminishing return curves??
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

I'm super excited when I see a 300K hit, how are ppl getting 10mil? Fair enough I don't have any real DPS spec'd toons . . . . . but 10mil that's 30 times more

I completely agree. Buffs are totally out of whack. There should be no reason for any class to ever get a single hit in the millions, let alone in the tens of millions.

• Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    deathbeez said:

The trade-off is that Conqueror GFs don't access the feats of tacticians and protectors. I've tried them all. The difference is amazing. That has a much bigger impact then most arguing for nerfs want to credit. But why take tank feats when your team destroys things before you can get your slow but up there to see what's going on?

Time and time again, I see GWFs destroy mobs before I can catch up. GFs aren't taking the protect/tact tank feats because...wait for it... they don't have to anymore. Funny nerfing GF is even being mentioned when it's impact on the game is so microscopic. 3 named GFs can do DPS in tiamat and edemo. Holy cow, lets drink the Kool-aid, the world is gonna end at midnight on the Incan calendar.

I think the only reason people are connecting the Cong GF as a tank DPS'er is because content has not caught up with the power creep.

I saw a phrase on the board back a couple mods ago. To paraphrase, something like: "It's so easy now, even congs can tank it."
    Well, that day came. Bugged SW and 4k GWFs with power getting almost triple digit just swat mobs like flies. No one needs a tank. So don't hate when we stop being tanks.

Good post!
  • Options
    jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    The more we call for "fixes" via nerfs the more we will lose players. You cannot expect people to continue playing after spending time and money perfecting their build only to have it nerfed into oblivion. There comes a point where simply quitting the altogether makes more sense than starting all over again.

Ive stripped my CW and rebuilt him so many times I lost count and finally gave up.

Im at my wits end with nerfs. If you are advocating nerfs you are helping to kill the game.

Its that simple.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

These numbers are the result of a very specific group build and one or two skills. The group stacks buffs and debuffs in numbers not available to most players. They stack them coordinated via TS and trigger one of two skills that are not working right. These skills get multiplied twice by buffs/ debuffs.

For example: Your good GWF hits with IBS and self buffs for 500 k. If all the buffs stack up to 10x your own dmg, the buffed dmg is 5 kk. If his dmg would get buffed a second time for 10x, he would hit for 50 kk.

Keep in mind, that this insane numbers can only be reproduced by a few groups with specific builds, gear and skills. You wont see them in any PuG group or in 95% of the premades.

IMO it would be enough, to fix this two skills, to make things somehow normal and then look at the buff/ debuff mechanics. To nerf them into the ground would be wrong, bc I prefer a clever party composition to a 'wack them all HDPS group'.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    lantern22 said:

a lot of buffs from DC, GF, CW, Hunter... and selfbuffs from Wheel, companionboni, critseveritiyboni etc. plus all your class can offer by selfbuffs.
    But I heared that a GF can deal those numbers even without having a 500% statboost from Bondings, this player uses an Augment,lol.
    I saw those ACT logs posted by fabricant in this forum, these numbers pop by different classes with an effectiveness of 1000%.
    Means your anvil deals ten times more damage than he would deal normally, so a 500k anvil is a 5 mio hit, a 1 million (double damage when at 40%) is a 10 million hit.
    Not much to say, it happens in a buffer party, when people play that know how to play their class and know the mechanics, timing their buffs exactly. No magic i guess.
    I never had those numbers by pugging, but that´s also no magic because I meet 24/7 player, who spend their featpoints by chance, running bad stuffed companions and low level enchantements (that´s okay)
    but this is not okay-->
    a GF, that doesn´t mark, doesn´t use Tide of Iron, has near 8k defense
    a DC, that doesn´t use hollowed ground and Astral shield, meeting a GF and more to tell
    a CW´s that does near no buffs...in case you ever run with a mof-buffer build, you know what this class can do, I would say he is the best buffer in this game beside a DC, I would say even stronger
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

lantern22 said:

a lot of buffs from DC, GF, CW, Hunter... and selfbuffs from Wheel, companionboni, critseveritiyboni etc. plus all your class can offer by selfbuffs.
    But I heared that a GF can deal those numbers even without having a 500% statboost from Bondings, this player uses an Augment,lol.
    I saw those ACT logs posted by fabricant in this forum, these numbers pop by different classes with an effectiveness of 1000%.
    Means your anvil deals ten times more damage than he would deal normally, so a 500k anvil is a 5 mio hit, a 1 million (double damage when at 40%) is a 10 million hit.
    Not much to say, it happens in a buffer party, when people play that know how to play their class and know the mechanics, timing their buffs exactly. No magic i guess.
    I never had those numbers by pugging, but that´s also no magic because I meet 24/7 player, who spend their featpoints by chance, running bad stuffed companions and low level enchantements (that´s okay)
    but this is not okay-->
    a GF, that doesn´t mark, doesn´t use Tide of Iron, has near 8k defense
    a DC, that doesn´t use hollowed ground and Astral shield, meeting a GF and more to tell
    a CW´s that does near no buffs...in case you ever run with a mof-buffer build, you know what this class can do, I would say he is the best buffer in this game beside a DC, I would say even stronger
    I ran with this guys.

The GF does not use ToI, bc it does less dmg.

DC does not use AS, bc he does not know about the ITF synergy or the GF does not use ITF (happened often enough to me, but if you ask, the GF thinks you are joking either way).

CWs deal more personal dmg as SS thraum, so every second player changes from rene to thraum, thinking, that they are better players and wondering, why the runs take more time. I run as HV SS CW with a renegade build. IMO a solid compromise between group buffs and personal dps.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    lantern22 said:

Power creep, timing, multiplicative buffs, bugs, burst battles that last as long as Knight's Challenge lasts, 10/25 man raids where a single target has so many debuffs, any hit does exaggerated damage. And on top of that, I think there is another factor not common-knowledge yet.
    lantern22 said:

I'm super excited when I see a 300K hit,

So am I. I might get lucky and get a AoD 600k hit on a 3.5k dragon run where the poor dragon has a billion debufs on it.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    jugger71 said:

The more we call for "fixes" via nerfs the more we will lose players. You cannot expect people to continue playing after spending time and money perfecting their build only to have it nerfed into oblivion. There comes a point where simply quitting the altogether makes more sense than starting all over again.

Ive stripped my CW and rebuilt him so many times I lost count and finally gave up.

Im at my wits end with nerfs. If you are advocating nerfs you are helping to kill the game.

Its that simple.

This so much...
    There is a genuine concern about game mechanics in which options should be heard and respected,

and then they're is just, I want to be (or remain in most cases) DPS superior and I'm going to complain on the forum till I get my way, nerf-protesting, every hour; even in places like announcements and patch notes. I really think most of this is the 2nd option.

Even the people pushing for GF nerfs have openly admitted its not common and only attainable through certain rare circumstances (that I can't come close to reproducing) and skills (1 I call a bug). And when it does happen, it still below 'game-breaking' levels. It's not game-breaking, it's just upsetting to some players that play with the sole purpose of competing for DPS paingiver. Hey, whatever floats your boat. But you have to think about the larger impact before you start nerf-crusades for your own benefit that might break more then it fixes, and drive more people away from a game that can't afford to lose more players.

Like jugger71 said, these never-ending nerf arguments are killing this game. Not for just the reasons of ruining time&$ spent on a toon, but constantly arguing about a video game is bloody depressing! That's why some game companies nuke nerf them/buff me threads on site instead of letting them fester into an angry argument like this game has chosen (unwisely IMO) to do.

Fix the things that need fixing like year-old bugs, and worry about the egos of DPS chasers for when time permits.
    With new content and difficulty tiers, this situation might correct itself and there won't be a need for nerfs if the battles last longer then seconds and burst GF DPS won't make it look like a phony paingiver anymore.
  • Options
    revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User

In the sum i would tend to day...it't the GWF wich performs best, taking everything into account. That's my opinion :)

yea GWF performs the best , i say we should nerf it.
    No, i'm sorry, but the only thing a gwf can give to a group is, dps...
    If you take a HR, a TR, or a CW, on top of being good dps's as well, they can control, freeze, debuff, buff etc...
    We got nerfed a few month ago already, less hit points in unstoppable is one of the change they've done to the class, wich was fair enough, considering you could pretty much solo (at high level) anything...
    But no more... No more nerf, people always ask for nerf, and then complain about them afterwards...