test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Current HIGHEST dps class??

kingsuspectkingsuspect Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm asking about end end game (if they're all 4k+ with the same player skill)...I choose to say Highest over Best because the gwf is the tankiest so he has an advantage there, SW with SS heals has an advantage....But I want to know, who would always be on top of the Paingiver Leaderboard??

We play together pretty often and are competitive amongst ourselves; Our party consists of a GF (to tank) ITF as only buff, not sure about feats

And the other 3 are:
A TR
A GWF
A CW (Should be running the permanent CA thingy, I'll update when I find out)

Then there's me...I'm using my Gwf the most atm but also have a SW, TR or HR that I don't mind switching to...

Considerations:
With this party comp, CA should have 100% uptime so Daring Shout wouldn't be doing that much for me, could switch to Battle Fury

No healer so Soul Sparks could keep me alive longer than the others allowing me to do more dmg

Duplicates of the same class in one party feels kind of odd but not a major problem

Note:
We're fine without heals.
We all plan on reaching 4k+
Post edited by kingsuspect on
Tagged:

Comments

• kingsuspectkingsuspect Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    With the upcoming bonding runestone changes, I think it could effect the gwf & sw who don't have all of their dmg ready at the beginning of a fight but not drastically...
    This is a serious thread, why would you instantly assume that it's not!?
    Competitive is a type of gaming.
  • taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Well you need to be more specific. What is party composition (buffs)?. Does dps class run ahead of party or stays with party?
    I would say class that is first in encounters win (if there is normal buffs). If there isn't buffs, gwf wins hands down.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I normally see GWF on top of Paingiver, but I expect there will those saying otherwise . . :/
    edited May 2016
    Good points, as we'll be running the same party pretty much all the time...I'll edit post
    GF on top for dps? I have a gf aswell I wouldn't mind switching to...
    I know about the SW MFs bug but wouldn't want to rely on that (feels like cheating) & it could get patched
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    i think such threads should evolve to best party for dps... as right now there is not a best character or better there are a few depending on party composition

So if you always play with player a,b,c,d who are a specific class/build there is a definitive answer to your question else there is none

a gwf running ahead of a freshling party will dominate dps but will do less than a gf with a party tuned for him or a cw or .... really hdps is party specific with gwfs being the most unsuffering from a unoptimal party/pug
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    With maxed BiS gear, and with builds specifically designed to maximize DPS (as opposed to providing a modicum of support to parties, CC, or trying to increase DR or other defensive stats beyond whatever happens to come along from DPS gear, and, importantly, without using any form of cheating or bug exploitation)... and assuming the players are all absolute experts in their classes...

It's a good question. TR, CW or GWF. I think it may come down to the enemy. Some enemies do really well against melee but can be handled by CW at range fairly easily, and in other cases, the opposite is true. I think assuming an enemy easily suited for all three, I'd have to say TR. GWF can generate insane DPS - but that they can do insane DPS isn't the question here, the question is with all factors equal at max BiS, which could do the most.

Having said that, I think you would never go wrong with any of them. Their play style is very different, so whether someone agrees with my guess that it's a TR or not, I think if you're looking to be hard core DPS - any of those three would get you there but only one of them will suit you because they really couldn't be any different. GWFs are in your face, TRs are designed in part to take advantage to CA damage, and CWs are ranged fighters.

Any of those three will give you moster DPS, but likely one of them will be much more fun for YOU to play, which will mean it will work better for you than the other two.

(full disclosure: My main is a CW, but I have at least two, three in some cases, of every class, all at lvl 70)
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Just to throw my 2 cents in about playstyle, the highest DPS CW's are not really ranged. They are melee casters. They can set up maybe one range spell before closing in at melee. Obviously the best DPS CW's also know how to use dodge.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    True - CW's PBAoE attacks allow it to generate particularly massive damage numbers in PvE. In PvP, though, CW AoE are secondary to it's DPS single-target attacks - and in melee range, most melee fighters of equal capabilities will eat a CW.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    I was strictly referring to PVE, and in PVP, CW's should keep/make distance to be as effective as they can be...or die.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    If you really want to know, test your DPS. I suggest you read here on the wiki.

Just killing time...
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    GF can be the highest dps potential in the game, however, the vast majority are not.

But if you are talking about just the "potential" and not the major reality, its GF. ITs not even close actually.

• issssshoisssssho Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    Its rather simple - end game >> who hits first - deals most dmg since all mobs are complete weaklings so even 1 sec early means dealing nearly 1m dmg more - and taking that dmg away from others. So end game PVE its not at about classes because there is no real place to go for DPS classes to race for most dmg.
    With great power comes great electricity bill.

THC
    http://www.theholycrusaders.com/
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    It's hard to really boil it down to that.
    If I was to average all the raid paingiver charts I've seen in all +3k runs I've done, this is what I've seen.

The top 5 are
    • Usually at least 2 GWFs. Sometimes 3. It's not ultra-rare to see 4 out of 5 GWF paingivers.
    • Atleast 1 CW. Often 2. Rarely 3.
    • Sometimes 1 HRs but almost never 2.
    • Sometimes 1 SW but almost never 2.
    • Once in a while a TR wins paingiver and does an insane amount of DPS over everyone else.
    • Once in a blue moon, a DC wins top 5 paingiver in a skirmish.
    • I've never seen a GF win the top 5 paingiver except for me once.

I got 5th place once in a Tiamat run.
      That run was: 1st 3.1k GWF, 2nd 3.3k SW, 3rd 3.6k CW, 4th 2.9k CW, 5th me (3.5k GF)
    • I've seen a Pally win 1st place in paingiver in a skrimish and they had a 4.1k IL.
    The GF has a buff called Knight's Challenge which you do 100% more DMG for 10 seconds.
    Some encounters (like Tiamat heads) only last for 10 seconds or less.
    So that helped create the idea that GFs can do insane damage. In very distinct circumstances, they can.
    Outside those circumstances like long, drawn-out (pre-mod 8) fights, the DPS rating of a GF gets lower the longer the fight goes on, because 10 seconds on/10 seconds off of Knight's challenge is no longer a gain and cancels itself out. That DPS gets even lower if they have to equip their own debuff skills.
  • jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    Since when does anyone care about paingiver. With that party make up? Honestly the 5th should be a DC.
    jugger71 said:

Since when does anyone care about paingiver. With that party make up? Honestly the 5th should be a DC.

From what I've noticed in the last month or so, post raid (Tiamat/eDemo) DPS/"Paingiver" comparing, e-peen measuring, is a very VERY big deal to some people. It's been a source of arguing and animosity on the board lately.
    I wish Cryptic hadn't caved and added the post-stats back in the mod 8 content. People make it too big of a deal.

GF can be the highest dps potential in the game, however, the vast majority are not.
    But if you are talking about just the "potential" and not the major reality, its GF. ITs not even close actually.

GF's Commander's Strike encounter adds other player's buffed DPS to the GF's paingiver stats.
    So more players, more DPS. So that's why GF high DPS screenshots are always in Tiamat/edemo. More players = more DPS displayed for the GF. I'd call it a bug but NWO would call it WAI so they don't have to change it.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1215146/commanders-strike

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    if we want really test it there is a solution : all 9 classes to run optimal build for dps seperately do kessel retreat solo. 9 different solo instances. in THIS CASE we will see who do it faster than the another.
  • kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I'm with Deathbeez to a point as a GWF I find myself looking more at how the party did (ie: gold,silver, bronze) I find that 90% of the time I don't even look beyond that.
  • jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    It has been proven, shown, re-shown, shelved, forgotten about, brought back up time and time again. One thing has remained constant however. Paingiver has absolutely nothing to do with DPS.
  • beameddownbeameddown Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I miss neverwinter:)

fun game
    tumblr_n0awq7j8y91rlct23o1_400.gif?w=842
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

depending on the speccs/comp of the party its like this
    GF
    TR
    SW (there is a bug with murderous flame?? that can deal alot of damage)
    GWF
    HR
    CW
    Paladin
    DC

I'm actually amazed that there are more people who understand the current highest DPS possibilities.
    Many people would surely say otherwise because they do not understand how certain mechanics work and/or they didn't spec their character for the exact purpose.

Buffs or no Buffs, Guardian Fighter is the single hardest hitting class currently despite it's slow-attacking pattern.

The weakest TRUE dps class is the Control Wizard who were nerfed too many times and never received a proper counter-part.
    Control Wizard is also among the classes which possess the weakest Weapon Damage (curiously so).
    Control Wizard class' controlling powers are not really useful against the elite mobs, and are not working on the Boss-type of enemies.

Please consider buffing the Control Wizard and/or enabling their ordinary features to actually produce a critical strike. More than three biggest damage-dealing features of the class have been disabled to crit due to the bug by Lostmauth's set. Since Lostmauth' set is out of the picture, please make the Control Wizard class useful again either by actually producing a good and solid control options or by increasing the AoE aspect of the Control Wizard's powers.

Thank you.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    deathbeez said:

GF's Commander's Strike encounter adds other player's buffed DPS to the GF's paingiver stats.
    So more players, more DPS. So that's why GF high DPS screenshots are always in Tiamat/edemo. More players = more DPS displayed for the GF. I'd call it a bug but NWO would call it WAI so they don't have to change it.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1215146/commanders-strike

Nope, It doesn't add other players DPS, but yes, more players = more dps.

Commander Strike alone does nearly no dmg, the key lies in the CS + Steel Blitz combo. Seems that while CS debuff is active, each ally attack procs CS damage which then can proc Steel Blitz. It's a cheesy damage that requires nearly no skill to utilize :|

Even alone, a well build DPS GF can still do really high damage. I'd even say that GFs hit as hard as GWFs, but thanks to Sprint and attack speed from Unstoppable, GWFs can clear enemies faster resulting in a overall higher dps.
    edited May 2016
    kacezet said:

deathbeez said:

Nope, It doesn't add other players DPS, but yes, more players = more dps.

Commander Strike alone does nearly no dmg, the key lies in the CS + Steel Blitz combo. Seems that while CS debuff is active, each ally attack procs CS damage which then can proc Steel Blitz. It's a cheesy damage that requires nearly no skill to utilize :|

Even alone, a well build DPS GF can still do really high damage. I'd even say that GFs hit as hard as GWFs, but thanks to Sprint and attack speed from Unstoppable, GWFs can clear enemies faster resulting in a overall higher dps.
    when you dealing damage you have 5% chance to strike again at least 50% of your weapon damage rank 2 +12 % rank 3 +12 %rank 4 + 12 %. that is the steel blitz tooltip so explain how that low propability also is a weapon damage affected from debuffs only (or and buffs ? who knows) make that big difference?

show me the same gf otudps everyone to every dungeon and then i will believe you. IN SO MANY stacked buffs debuffs like demogorgon everything can happen. AND still waiting those monsters gf to see them in action like a cn run for example.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Hardest Hitting doesn't mean highest DPS. There is a lot of talk about how GF's are dominating but its not something I am seeing

I have a 3.2K GF IV Tact and a 3.1K CW SS Ren - neither are the DPS tree of their classes, they are support players.

The CW does a lot more DPS than the GF, a lot.

Sure the GF using Anvil of Doom can hit harder than the CW in a single hit (highest I have got is 330K when soloing strong hold HE's, but when playing in parties the highest hit is horrible) to get a decent hit I need the following to occur:

It needs to crit - my tank specced GF has a crit chance of under 20% and I need to use the following buffs / debuffs

- Mark the target
    - ITF
    - Villians menace
    - Wheel of Elements Fire
    - max out Shield Warriors Wrath
    - tide of iron
    - have the mobs health less than 40% for the 2x damage

that's a pain in the @rse to get all those things to line up and with the crappy crit chance it happens very infrequently

Meanwhile the CW hits regularly in the 200K+ range with ice knife all the time. All you need to do is use a rotation of COI, IT then SS (mobs are frozen) then Ice knife with chilling presence slotted. Easy as when the base crit chance is around 80% . . . Whilst the GF is layering up buffs etc. for one big hit on a single mob, the CW has cleared the pack and is on the next one

Of the GF buffs above - ITF, tide of iron and marked target all affect other party members

My GF's hardest hitting Encounter is Anvil of Doom - 18K base max, 36K (when mob is below 40%) cooldown of 12ish secs

My CW's hardest hitting Encounter is Disintegrate - 85K max base - cool down of 6ish secs

Fair enough, its a tank/buff specced GF so maybe all this becomes irrelevant and a DPS specced GF would have much higher power and crit chance and do more damage , but if they are wanting to use ITF (without another GF buffing them), then they need to stack defence and that takes away from the other offensive stats. But would the buff/tank Vs DPS build difference make up for 1/2 the base damage and 2x cooldown ???

Surely there are other buffs / interactions in play here

Like I said, its not aligning with my experiences in the game and it definitely doesn't apply to the majority of GF's out there

• taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I haven't seen any good dps gf's. Maybe one day...
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Me2, not one top GF till now....but i saw high DPS CW's despite the writings some threads ago, asking for buffs.
    Hunter, CW, GWF, TR, Warlock...all of them can do very good on single target , maybe a pure PVE focussed GWF will take the win, but honestly I am not sure about that.
    CW/Hunter/GWF do huge aoe on top. TR, warlock normally can´t deal that numbers in short time, except he runs ahead 24/7.
    Warlock imho is doing ok, but is not the class I would call the best dps, since he relies on bugs and if you ask for the class wich will clear a dungeon solo the fastest I would say GWF maybe CW at second place
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • roster736#7839 roster736 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    SW with buged souldoll.