test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What new PvP mode would you like to see in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    lindesslindess Member Posts: 10 Arc User

@bbascomdev,

2v2 mode please:

* 1 campfire for each team and empty field between them
    * no win conditions: just endless round, it ends when all players leave it (without leave penalty)
    * ability to queue to private matches of course

pros:

* 2v2 good for tournaments: 2 playes & 2 judges
    * players can easely test their builds (it's easy to find 4 persons for it, much easily than 10 for domination match and much better than use Icewind Dale PVP zone) in 1vs1, 2vs2 and 1vs2 modes
    * simple death match mode: a lot of players like to fight than ride from one map corner to another
    * devs can collect statistic for class balancing much easier
    +1.
    I think it's a good idea.
  • Options
    zhammerzzhammerz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    +1 capture the flag;

Best example of capture the flag is Runescape's Castle Wars. Check it out.

Some additional requirements
    1) Make it in a zone like GG used to be. Must be in the zone to queue
    2) Queue has a physical gate to pass. Each team has iLevel total combined and stat levels combined. The queue will allow people to enter the gate of lowest level team only.
    3) Additional items in game would be skill nodes, barracades max 5 per team, and explosives which can destroy them.
    4) A new currency that can used to purchase proffession supplies.

The idea here is to pull as many different types of players to the game as possible with fighting, strategy and rewards.

Good luck
  • Options
    thecrowleythecrowley Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Balance and split queues for groups/solo. Another PvP mode doesn't make any sense when the maps and modes aren't the problem, everything else is.
  • Options
    nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    Omg lol so much boo hoo'ing about balance, boons, and insignias.. So basically you all want the devs to roll the clock back and take away all the major game updates and that will bring you back to pvp? I doubt that. Most of you will still be crying about some kind of imbalance or "X" needs nerf because "y". If you remove SH boons from pvp good luck getting any of your pvp guild mates to contribute to the coffer. Also you have just removed any incentive for a pvp player to even join a guild. Remove campaign boons? No problem, now just go ahead and take a whole puncher to your stat sheet and just blast random holes in it. Also a lot of those campaign boons have no place in PvE but are effective for pvp, so now you've just narrowed the landscape to "must haves" because the others are no longer useful. You want to remove insignias... We just got these and you don't like them? Same with mounts bonus? They are practically giving mounts away and we are finally seeing a variety and that was a bad idea too? Btw removing all this stuff isn't going to stop a 4K premade from pug stomping you. Oh and someone said remove Artifact powers too... So that would make a whole bunch of artifacts useless so again we narrow the landscape to only selecting artifacts that are helpful to our stats and not for the artifact power... something that's unique to each artifact?

All of this sounds really ridiculous and sounds like you want to roll the game back to mod 1 and that will solve everything. Anyway, what good would it do for me to turn down all your ideas if I didn't have anything to offer myself? So here are some of the ideas I agree with, and a few that would appease the purists that want mod 1 pvp.

* change the pvp queue system to a kiosk. An interface that allows full customization of matches. From party to solo que, the ability to check or uncheck boons, insignias, mount powers, drains, stealth so people in match can turn these things on or off before the match starts. This would be done by the queue group leader. Hitting the accept button would be the equivalent of "I agree to those terms". All matches would show up on the kiosk so you could join the match that best fits the game mode of your liking. You could also add the option to "spectate" so you could view matches in progress if there were 2 top teams going at it. Another step in the right direction would be "record match" for video evidence of a great match between premades. The kiosk could also allow you to select multiple matches of your liking for instance you see a GG room is filling up or a Seige room but it looks like it's going to be awhile. You could add your name to that list as well as others, first room to fill up initiates the queue pop, just like multi queuing in PvE for several dungeons. (PvE could benefit from something like this too, you could fill gaps on teams by viewing the party before the queue pops to see what class the party needs or if that group is horribly undergeared and you don't want to get stuck with them. Also turning off boons would be a challenge mode for PvE content as well. Naked and Afraid title.)

If all that is too much... Just take away stealth rings and drains. The rest is fine, let the balance come from class balances/nerfs not stripping pvp of 8 mods worth of content.

• Options
    indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 Death Match Arena Queue PLEASE

give it its own seasons that are a month or 2 long with unique mounts, titles, and cosmetic items.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • Options
    nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    indylol said:

2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 Death Match Arena Queue PLEASE

give it its own seasons that are a month or 2 long with unique mounts, titles, and cosmetic items.

I'd buy that for a dollar...
  • Options
    scarabmanscarabman Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 29 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for all the constructive feedback and the suggestions so far. Keep it going!
  • Options
    mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Let's make it so there are two modes or playlist groups. One mode could be such that you can use your in game gear, just as it is now. The other would be with gear "loadouts". You can choose gear with power, defense, whatever stats, but all the gear would be comparable. Everyone would then be on an even playing field. You can earn gear for these loadouts by completing in game content, lockboxes, zen market. It would give end game players more to work for as well. Tier them even if you want, but if you do this then only people with purple loadout gear can play each other. Or have a group queue level based on loadout gear. Only groups of a certain queue level can play each other. Just some ideas. This way it's fair for everyone and you don't need to be maxed to succeed in PvP.
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    zak3056zak3056 Member Posts: 138 Arc User

A form of SH PVP not centered around lanes but actually centered around getting into the enemies' stronghold and defeating their Lord (like a T2 Epic boss) before they can do that to your SH Lord. It would be like contested raids.

So a map would basically be the two strongholds and a Lane or two leading from one SH to the other ( or you could simply reuse the currently existing SH siege map). You could place SH guard mobs on the map as well. The point would be to make it past the other team to their "Lord" and take him down first. You can leave players behind to try and protect your Lord or try a full frontal assault to kill their Lord faster. Many offensive and defensive options.

I think it could be a fun mix of PVE and PVP while incorporating the current module.

This is a pretty good idea, and would likely get a lot of PvE types to play it, as well. You could also take it a step further: instead of a symetrical setup, one side is offense, and the other side is defense (random), which would simplify the game mode significantly.

Or hey, how about round based PvP where you don't respawn until the round is over? (think classic team deathmatch style). Set a short timer (three minutes?) for one team to accomplish an objective while the other team tries to stop them, with a "best of three wins" scoring system. Matches would last nine minutes at most, which keeps queues flowing.

• Options
    craoluscraolus Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    I agree with the naked pvp. You just bring your class and see how well you can play it.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Whatever pvp mode you create it should not allow pets (or pet active bonuses) to be active. This is a significant factor in increased lag, and it also creates huge amounts of imbalance. A perfect example is the owlbear cub pet. Many classes have encounters that can proc the owlbear bonus multiple times (warlock's bargain on SW, Burning Light on paladin) and because the owlbear damage is unresistable damage it becomes a nuke essentially. Burning light can hit 5 targets, and ticks every .5s for 4 seconds (so 8 ticks of damage) that procs owlbear on every tick. If you assume a player has 20k power that means that owlbear is doing 80k _unresistable_ damage in 4 seconds. That is obscene and should never have been allowed into pvp
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    xfreddoxfreddo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

They are talkin about the Tenacity from the gear, like PvE and PvP gear should not have tenacity at all and the character by default should have tenacity.

And i'm talking about all the nerfs you are asking for... seems to me very little D&D.
    As someone else said, just throw away 8 mods, and go back to mod 1, when pvp was TR and nothing more.

Freddo Esarca Gelido
    - Legio Invicta guild member
    - Vermillion Alliance member
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Before adding new modes, fix what you have now. The matching is totally broken...just making sure people get matched against other similarly geared people would be a huge improvement.

Second, properly separate PvP powers from PvE powers...we are tired of PvP "fixes" <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up PvE or vice versa.

When this is done...then you can start thinking about new PvP modes.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Umm, arena 1vs1? Yes, I know iwd exist but a) its laggy, b) people often interfere or even gank. Also add small pvp arena in stronghold, no special events but would be nice training place.
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    icexnineicexnine Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Aside from balancing things like into the fray, gift of faith, necessity of trans elven battle because of perma root/stun from hunter rangers, first strike + shocking execution, ambush rings, and the guardian fighter bilethorn glitch just to name a few, I would like to see new maps and more balanced matchmaking. Whether that be separate queues for groups of 4/5, tiered ranges of item level/tenacity of individual players (i.e. <1500 iL, 1500-2500, 2501-3300, 3300+), or perhaps the aggregate item level of each group (not sure on ranges here). If more gametypes are introduced I think that would just split the already low population of consistent pvp players, and while new gametypes may attract new players, those players will surely not stick around with the current state of unbalanced matchmaking and broken mechanics.

I'm pretty sure that the groups of 5 that stack 4k iL chars and broken mechanics wouldn't like these suggestions since they would likely have super long queue times, and I could definitely see the developers pandering to those groups even though they are a minority, since most of those players have given a lot of money to the devs and will likely continue to with future updates.

On a positive note, I like the direction the the devs seem to be going with the pally bubble and dc haste nerfs, and I hope there are more reasonable changes like those in the future, so that one day pvp can be enjoyable for everyone, not just 4ks of those use broken mechanics.

This is from the perspective of an xbox one player btw.
  • Options
    zhammerzzhammerz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Duel Arena 1v1

1) Players can challenge each other to a duel.
    2) Options to each fight;
    - fully geared or no gear
    - companions allowed or no companions
    - potions allowed or no potions
    3) Allow a risk / bet for players; Gold, AD, or items.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited May 2016

Thanks for all the constructive feedback and the suggestions so far. Keep it going!

Id like to take a second to point out @bbascomdev that this was posted by you about 48 hours or so ago and has over 1.3K views and over 70 posts. So clearly this is a hot topic and hopefully shows the players really care about PVP and its future. Heck I have even seen several players who havnt played NW in a while take the time to come back and post because they care... So it shows you that NW still has the potential to bring MANY players back, if you guys actually invest just a LITTLE bit in PVP....
    zhammerz said:

Duel Arena 1v1

1) Players can challenge each other to a duel.

2) Options to each fight;

- fully geared or no gear

- companions allowed or no companions

- potions allowed or no potions

3) Allow a risk / bet for players; Gold, AD, or items.

Honestly @zhammerz I would be firmly against this for a few reasons.
    1) You can already do this in IWD/DV (Mod 3 zones).
    - You can choose to full gear or not. Companions or not. Pots or not. etc.
    - The ONLY Thing you cant do is "inforce" betting but you CAN bet players and hope they pay if you win.

2) It puts FOCUS on "1v1"s when this game was NEVER about 1v1 balance but players keep trying to put emphasis on 1v1s... This is why we have so many self healing things because people come to the forums and whine "OMG HAMSTER class is OP and beats me 1v1" But this is fundamentally WRONG and why the game has been dying. Classes each have ROLLS. Some are DPS, some are CC, some are tanks, some are healers. Every class and person has been trying to make a "jack of all trades" class when we need to start going the OTHER way again.

The BEST thing this game could do right now (aside from some more simplistic stripped down PVP) would be to take a good hard look at classes and do things like:
    - remove some DPS from control focused classes
    - remove self healing from non healing classes

Go back to the intended rolls that this game was built around. I dont need to ramble more.
  • Options
    tomahawkthegreattomahawkthegreat Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    capture the flag mode would be fun. something where you needed to go to the enemies base to get the flag and then return the flag to your base for a point. If you die you drop the flag and if the flag remains on the ground for a period of time, say a minute, then it respawns at the enemies base

also just as a side note, can we please know how tenacity works so that we can start optimizing builds around it?
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    icexnine said:

I'm pretty sure that the groups of 5 that stack 4k iL chars and broken mechanics wouldn't like these suggestions since they would likely have super long queue times, and I could definitely see the developers pandering to those groups even though they are a minority, since most of those players have given a lot of money to the devs and will likely continue to with future updates.

they have many characters so they can play lower IL pvp with us, no need to worry much about them )))

• Options
    d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    To get it out of the way, the overwhelming consensus is the community prefers to have both PvE and PvP class balances prior to any new features.

Unreal Tournament back in the day had this cool Assault mode where one team was responsible for defending a base while the other attacked (assaulted). There were checkpoints with accompanying spawn points once achieved. Each checkpoint was progressively more difficult to capture and involved destroying some sort of physical device before being able to move forward. Geographic chokepoints became more common the further the defending team was pushed back, making it naturally more difficult for the attacking team. Some maps had more checkpoints than others with unique ways of maneuvering through the environment (I remember going underwater for one of them). This game type could be incorporated with the Dungeons and Dragons concept in addition to Stronghold bases.

The Battlefield shooter series has a similar game mode which is very popular.
  • Options
    soullesslordssoullesslords Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    open world pvp should not be in this game it's not even D&D related, in Icewind Dale regular players get flagged just for crossing the bridge, and then you get mobbed by packs of pvp people and all you want to do is complete your quests. get rid of pvp totally problem solved.
  • Options
    vitizaxvitizax Member Posts: 75 Arc User

One where everyone has equal stats and gear and therefore requires skill to win instead of Item Level.

• Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2016

open world pvp should not be in this game it's not even D&D related, in Icewind Dale regular players get flagged just for crossing the bridge, and then you get mobbed by packs of pvp people and all you want to do is complete your quests. get rid of pvp totally problem solved.

You do not get flagged for simply crossing the bridge ...that area "ice rush quest" is completely optional
    you seem to be confusing open pvp with Qed pvp as well and are biased due to your bad experience in that zone
    THE BORDER OF THE FLAGGING ZONE IS WELL MARKED !!

The devs did not ask if we wanted to get rid of pvp you can open your own poll and feedback about it if you feel so strongly or do your quests with an invisible ring on so no one bothers you ..problem solved

P.S I already suggested that the pvp AREA IN OPEN icewind be Q able separately is that your suggestion since they
    have no intention of removing PVP clearly, if so they would not have asked what new modes we prefer!!
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User

A form of SH PVP not centered around lanes but actually centered around getting into the enemies' stronghold and defeating their Lord (like a T2 Epic boss) before they can do that to your SH Lord. It would be like contested raids.

So a map would basically be the two strongholds and a Lane or two leading from one SH to the other ( or you could simply reuse the currently existing SH siege map). You could place SH guard mobs on the map as well. The point would be to make it past the other team to their "Lord" and take him down first. You can leave players behind to try and protect your Lord or try a full frontal assault to kill their Lord faster. Many offensive and defensive options.

I think it could be a fun mix of PVE and PVP while incorporating the current module.

plus infinity this
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User

What new PvP mode would you like to see in Neverwinter? Capture the flag? Free-for-all king of the hill? Dragon-riding baseball? Put your best ideas down here and +1 the ideas you like most.

+1 Free-for-all king of the hill

Would love to see it inGame!
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
This discussion has been closed.