test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maze Engine Preview Patch Notes NW.60.20160307a.3

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    BUG: Icespire: missing polygon? It appears to be at the spot where goblins spawn to attack the dwarves.

screenshot 2016 03 12 01 02 31
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    hustin1 said:

BUG: Icespire: missing polygon? It appears to be at the spot where goblins spawn to attack the dwarves.

Huh, funky. Does the "/loc" command give you a position?
  • Options
    BUG: Air Cult Barracks (Spinward Rise). The buzzing flies sound effect is still present in the main mess hall from when it was the lair in the Tower District (there, it was because of rotting food and trash on the tables). It doesn't make sense here.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    terramak said:

hustin1 said:

Huh, funky. Does the "/loc" command give you a position?
    Drat. I'll go back and get you a location. I'll edit this once I get it.

Actually, typing in /loc doesn't give me anything, but the map is saying I'm at 1624, 1331.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Almost everything is too long for halflings and dwarves. Everything ankle-length clips into the ground.

The bug with cloaks will happen on any humanoid(ish) companion that gets polymorphed after they resume their normal form, which is why you see it in Witch Fen. Doesn't matter what cloak it is, as long as it's a neck item with visuals, afaik.

Edit: Incidentally, I am pretty sure the polymorph bug has existed since Neverwinter has included polymorphing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    @terramak
    They are so imbalanced:

TR with hight deflect will heal more that take damage.
    Whenever you Deflect an attack, you are healed for 3% of your maximum Hit Points over 4 seconds.

HR vs this bonus can do nothing. because all that has HR is CC. HR has no damage... and this heal totally destroy this class. No Comments...
    Whenever you are Stunned, Knocked, or Immobilized, you are healed for 4% of your maximum Hit Points over 4 seconds.

• Options
    hustin1 said:

Drat. I'll go back and get you a location. I'll edit this once I get it.

Actually, typing in /loc doesn't give me anything, but the map is saying I'm at 1624, 1331.

Thanks, that should be enough info to track it down. /loc outputs in System Notify, so if you have that hidden you won't see anything.

@whitestarua : Thank you for the feedback!

@beckylunatic : Thank you for the extra info!
  • Options
    BUG: Vellosk. Okay, this is weird. I just entered the first camp upon entering the zone. Take a look at the Forsworn on the left. He is running in slow-motion in that attack stance, and with no weapon.

screenshot 2016 03 12 01 32 10
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    BUG: Vellosk. The tooltip at the entrance to Gray Wolf Den says it's a 5-player dungeon (be still, my beating heart!)

As a personal note, I think the 5-man versions are better...

Edit: ditto for the entrances to Cragmire Crypts and Temple of the Spider. Pirate King, Frozen Heart, an Cloak Tower have correct entrance tooltips.
    Post edited by hustin1 on
  • Options
    All righty, patch notes actually posted. Time for me to update the round-up and then head home for the night.

Thanks again for all the awesome feedback and reports.
  • Options
    Haha, I feel your pain. It' after 2am for me. NB: the entrance tooltips to three of the dungeons are incorrect (see above).
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Great Weapon Fighter: Unstoppable: The Temp HP granted by damage bonuses now caps at 200%. This means that if a player has a lot of damage bonuses and is at maximum Determination, they can receive up to 32% of their Max HP as Temp HP.
    Could you please give a reason for this unasked for nerf? GWF are classed as a off-tank class correct? However, GWF also have practically no way of actually being a tank. The temp HP being affected by extra power bonuses of various sorts meant that GWF finally had a way to tank something (or even survive) by means of artificially enhancing their HP pool, since of course adding extra DR to a GWF doesn't help because of the DR cap at 80% (GF get shield on a separate layer to counter this, pallys get invulnerability to damage, as well as huge sources of temp HP)...

You are crippling the ability of a GWF to perform their assigned role in the game. Other melee classes have shields, or dodges, but now GWF just lost their only way to survive incoming damage.

@terramak
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    BUG: It still appears to be impossible to complete the Sharandar Rewards quest from the envoy in PE.
  • Options
    The devs stated in multiple places and multiple times that class balance was something they were looking at later, and you wanted to stop piecemeal fixes that didn't address the whole problem...

Except now we have targeted 2 changes to the GWF unstoppable mechanic that together hurt GWF survivability by an incredible amount.
    You can argue that the change to make unstoppable temp HP expire once combat ended was bringing it in line with other temp HP sources. Fine, that was managable, even if it did make Sentinal spec even less viable. This change however completely removes any chance GWF have to be an off tank with how GWF currently work... And if you guys have plans for changing how GWF work then great. Implement these changes AT THAT POINT. As it stands right now it looks like we will be waiting for mod 10 before GWF might get a rework to make it a viable off-tank. And until then you just screwed over GWF survivability.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    scathias said:

Great Weapon Fighter: Unstoppable: The Temp HP granted by damage bonuses now caps at 200%. This means that if a player has a lot of damage bonuses and is at maximum Determination, they can receive up to 32% of their Max HP as Temp HP.
    Could you please give a reason for this unasked for nerf? GWF are classed as a off-tank class correct? However, GWF also have practically no way of actually being a tank. The temp HP being affected by extra power bonuses of various sorts meant that GWF finally had a way to tank something (or even survive) by means of artificially enhancing their HP pool, since of course adding extra DR to a GWF doesn't help because of the DR cap at 80% (GF get shield on a separate layer to counter this, pallys get invulnerability to damage, as well as huge sources of temp HP)...

You are crippling the ability of a GWF to perform their assigned role in the game. Other melee classes have shields, or dodges, but now GWF just lost their only way to survive incoming damage.

@terramak

so if a great weapon fighter has 160k hp at maximum determination pressing tab will get temp hp 50k?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    BUG: On the campaigns window, it says that I have Sharandar "200% unlocked". Does that mean I get a Redcap Giantsoul companion? :wink:
  • Options

so if a great weapon fighter has 160k hp at maximum determination pressing tab will get temp hp 50k?

AT MOST they can get 50k temp HP. And I have not seen any gwf running around PVE with 160k temp HP. 160k HP is a BIS character in r12 radiants and a HP boon. So yeah... incoming damage is going to slaughter most gwf
  • Options
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    Well, the temp HP nerf is lame considering perma bubble. I am sure this have something to do with the solo dungeon videos. Well, as a PWE gwf, I don't care this so much. But I can imagine pvp gwf get a huge hit.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    Im not sure you realize just how much you rely on the temp HP you get from unstoppable. Any time your HP bar gets covered in yellow you have 100k temp HP most likely. With this change you are only going to get 1/3rd of your bar yellow, meaning your ability to take damage just got cut by over 66%
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    @terramak why did you nerf GWF temp HP...again?

The problem with Unstoppable has something to do with the determination bar not temp HP. I only had problems going Unstoppable when my Determination bar fills up all the way, not when I have full temp HP.
  • Options
    mattia78mattia78 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    This means that GWF (not all) should wait for tanks instead of running ahead and solo the dungeon before other players can get to mobs? This change is really welcomed. And i speak as a gwf (since august 2013) . Next is OP bubble...
    404 Italians Not Found Guild Leader
    Matt Shieldheart 3.5k GF Conq PVE _ Matt Shieldheart 0 3.5k GF Tactician PVE _ Matt Shieldheart II 4.1k Buffer DC _ Matt Shieldheart III 4.3k Thauma CW _ Matt Shieldheart IV 3.5k Exe TR _ Matt Shieldheart V 3.9k Destroyer GWF _ Matt Shieldheart VI 3.1k Trapper HR _ Matt Shieldheart VII 3.1k Fury SW _ Matt ShieldheartVIII 3.6k OP Justice _ Matt Shieldheart -8 3.1k Healadin _ Matt Shieldheart -9 3.1k Mof Rene CW
  • Options
    epicfacepalmzepicfacepalmz Member Posts: 2 Arc User

wow..... just wow. These "fixes" haven't solved a thing.
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    terramak said:

Release Notes
    Combat and Powers
    Class Powers

• Great Weapon Fighter: Unstoppable: The Temp HP granted by damage bonuses now caps at 200%. This means that if a player has a lot of damage bonuses and is at maximum Determination, they can receive up to 32% of their Max HP as Temp HP.
    Thank you.
    Official Dev response: Time to Delete Character.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    mattia78 said:

This means that GWF (not all) should wait for tanks instead of running ahead and solo the dungeon before other players can get to mobs? This change is really welcomed. And i speak as a gwf (since august 2013) . Next is OP bubble...

daring shout mitigation give enough time for the strong great weapons as you mentioned to clear them fast not big issue for them.( pve point of view). BUT yes now they will not able to be offtank. will be really challenging or and imposible the first boss in lair of lostmauth for example.
  • Options
    rivodus07rivodus07 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    If your going to nerf the GWF at least fix the unstoppable bug... at least give us a reason why you can't fix this issue.. Is it really that hard to fix?
  • Options
    reddevilbsreddevilbs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    mattia78 said:

Yeap mate, I know very well what you're talking about. Agree that atm Unstoppable is broken. You know, as you're in my friends list, I have 2 GWFs and I welcome this change also.
    @terramak
    -quote PREVIEW PATCH NOTES NW.60.20160224A.2-
    The Temporary Hit Points provided by the following powers now properly respect the Temporary Hit Point rules - They no longer stack with other Temp. HP sources, and fade when combat ends.
    -unquote-

Only ONE issue is bothers me - temp HP vanishes at the end of the combat, even when your Unstoppable is still active. This is in conflict with tool tip, it says "While active ...... "

As I said, Unstoppable have to be fixed, but you fixed it too much. Don't spoil the fun further!
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Nice change to temp hp. This should stop the madness of soloing t2s and the bonding abusing.
    Now lets talk about bubble and binding oath
This discussion has been closed.