test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

With Mod 9 Players will need more Bag Space... Right?

Comments

• Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    H to the E to the double L Yeah!
    Without a doubt YES!!!!

As a friend of mine put it... I play tetris (moving items around in inventory, personal bank, account bank, and between different characters) more than I actually play the game.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    voted Yes, and thank you for bring up bag issue we faced with clutters and we need more streamlined inventories.

there is many problems.
    potions, should have "Alchemy Tab"
    transmute items/gears should have "Appearance Tab"
    move the stronghold vouchers to currencies, same like those zone insigna tokens in the slots, as new catagory "voucher section".

one is moving from inventory bags, is the mounts, we are getting "Stable tab", that is good move.

also, Bank vault need overhaul, they could make more cash if they create alchemy storage for potions and dyes.
    and add Appearance storage.
    and we would like to see a new bank vault format for "Events", for winter and summer festival items.

now, the main problem, "3 flavors of Binds", everyone hate it the most.
  • Options
    halnerd666halnerd666 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I would really like more bag space. I would love a reduction in the number of consumable types, particularly refinement. Do we seriously benefit from all the different refining stones, gems, and enchanments/runestones, plus gear in some instances. I would be happy if all refining stones and gems were consolidated into a single type and move on. That would save us space, time and frustration I think.

More bag space is a cure for a symptom, not the disease.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User

I would really like more bag space. I would love a reduction in the number of consumable types, particularly refinement. Do we seriously benefit from all the different refining stones, gems, and enchanments/runestones, plus gear in some instances. I would be happy if all refining stones and gems were consolidated into a single type and move on. That would save us space, time and frustration I think.

More bag space is a cure for a symptom, not the disease.

OFC It's a benefit, don't you remember that was one of the selling points FOR the entire refine system. Melody (old mod) tried to sell it hard. Little did we know (or at least most people, i knew it wasnt going to be true) there was gonna be 3 different bind types on 15+ refining items......

/s rant

I voted more bag slots, even though; this was well played and most likely intentional.

We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    How about they reduce the needless variety of items instead? Like the 100+ different types of RP items in the game....all with 3 statuses they can be.....yea, I'll take that over a bag any day.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

Yes it has come to that. Now what's a good name for my insignia hoarder?

Ponyboy

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I love the idea! Bring on the bags!!
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Nah... I never keep loose change.

How about they reduce the needless variety of items instead? Like the 100+ different types of RP items in the game....all with 3 statuses they can be.....yea, I'll take that over a bag any day.

this..

get rid of ALL character bound ones. at least make them account bound.

• Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I will ask for you guys :)

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Just note this is not a Poll about "Cryptic should make things account bound, or lessen the need for Bag Space, etc.", as those are separate discussions and honestly not ones I necessarily disagree with! lol

Eh. I'd hope they're looking to change things in the wake of the tradebar changes and would be willing to throw us that bone. So settling for what we know they'd give us instead of what we actually want just seems a bit pointless.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Or a better idea, give us a whole new TAB just for RP items because having like 30 different types of RP/marks and then have these in 3 types (unbound, char bound, acc bound) is filling up 70% of my legendary bags..... And then add Rank 5-12 enchants ontop of that.

And then one whole bag just for pots.

Im lucky there is no way to get good loot in dungeons, I have no room for it anyway.

GG.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited March 2016

I hope that question involves the idea of more bag space through tabs for items that are taking up too much of the allready existing bag space. Moving mounts to a "stable" is a start, and that way should be continued.
    Thank you.

Edit: And what about DLCs for every class? Any chance of getting something like that with the next module?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User

Thank you for being the middle man I know it can't be easy. Esp. With players like me constantly trying to bite of your head :smile: .

I do however think it might be a bit to late for Maze engine anyways. I am sure the developers are overloaded as it is. They are probably just sticking to the initial project plan.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Also an option to clear excess RP from enchants so they will stack will be nice.
    And GLYPHS !! Stacking Glyphs ! For the love of sanity and bag spaces just stop droping all the old glyphs and make new items that stack, the old will disappear with time.
  • Options

@strumslinger

Can you also please ask for a rework of the "types"

Its been requested multiple times, please move all character bound to account bound.

We shouldn't have to have 3 sets of EVERY rp type.

Its super frustrating.
  • Options
    micky1p00 said:

Also an option to clear excess RP from enchants so they will stack will be nice.
    And GLYPHS !! Stacking Glyphs ! For the love of sanity and bag spaces just stop droping all the old glyphs and make new items that stack, the old will disappear with time.

YESSSSSSS
    please
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Ahh and also the personal bank, it's already has a system where you buy slots, so why to limit it to the ~176 ??? Let me buy the damn slots !
    (shared bank too)
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

How about this? When you upgrade an enchantment and you have more refinement points in it than needed do not carry them over as extra points preventing the enchantments from stacking. Instead, convert the extra points to an increase in the base success chance. Maybe +1% for each 10% over requirement. That would also give another option besides wards.
  • Options
    Its not just a matter of more bag space.. its Inconvenient and a QoL issue making things a cluttered mess..

I hate having to spend 5 mins trolling through the couple hundreds slots because too much looks like each other as it is.

THEY need to simplfy the system a bit.

• Options
    edited March 2016

Its not just a matter of more bag space.. its Inconvenient and a QoL issue making things a cluttered mess..

I hate having to spend 5 mins trolling through the couple hundreds slots because too much looks like each other as it is.

THEY need to simplfy the system a bit.

Completely agree, but being realistic I'll vote for anything that helps. The optimal will be less types of RP (so many types of stones and ranks..) and without BtC, only unbound and BtA. Unlimited / high limit for personal bank/ shared bank slots. Stacking items and so on..
    But baring high hopes anything that helps will be appreciated.

BTW an increase in professions assets / tools bags also in order.
  • Options
    danila14danila14 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    EZ. tailoring must make bags!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Yeah, I agree too. Despite getting a new bag slot just not that long ago... that got used up rather quick and now it feels like it did before we got the new bag slot, as if we didn't get one. The new bag slot wasn't enough to compensate. Need more profession slots too, both bags. Also, all non-reclaimable bags need to become Bound to Account if they're equipped and make any BoE ones (not yet bound) be Bind to Account on Equip. Please!
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    You can even get 100 new bag slots, if they trow at you 120 different new items that don't go in a special tab the situation only gets worse.

Before new slots we need:
    1) Separate tab for quest items.
    2) Separate tab for keys
    3) Separate tab for all RP-refinement items (gems, stones, marks), excluding enchants.
    4) Identify scrolls removed from game all equipment automatically identified (what's the point of this anyway, it's just an anti-quality of life measure, I never understood what's the purpose of this design, it's not even in PnP 4th edition!)

With this, there should be no need for new bag slots.
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    I need a Fashion Tab.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    Im sorry but 100% disagree.. UNTIL they can fix the cluttered mess and QoL issues, why reward them with yet another bag space we have to purchase?

Thats a little insane.. you guys should be asking for them TO fix the mess they have first.

We dont need 3 x seperate types of RP.. we dont need non stacking glyphs and for the love of god VIP should grant access to open up all of the nature/dungenoring/arcane type chests.. so we can drop that HAMSTER from our inventory as well.

There is like 20 items they should review and fix.

Then they can come back and sell more bag space as a convenience to those who like to have 500 items.

Fashion wardrope would be another fix to the game as well.

Im 100% opposed to more bag space until this is fixed.

I mean what.. 20 bag slots next?

It takes too long to sort items as it is.

MOST other games fixed this WELL into this point of thier history.

I am not going to give them a free pass on this..

• Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    Not sure if someone mentioned already the fact of bringing back currency level items (SH vouchers).

I have to say it must be very frustrating for new level 70 players have so much different types of RP, quest items, SH vouchers and now it is going to be insignia stuff. I barely manage myself with multiple 24/36 bags.

Remember how long community asked for making possible refinement with stacks. Almost everyone had to put r4/r5 enchantments, peridots and other stones one by one to upgrade artifacts/artifact gear.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)