test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on the Trade Bar Store

Comments

• nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    Still saving money, kinda a good feeling ;)
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Dudes.. this is the same as leadership changes, they are not coming back..

So I fought for lower costing across the board..

What I would say is drop the outrage on this, figure out items that can be placed that have value to us.

I would say

A. Top on my list is legendary mounts at 5k tbars.

This would make me happy enough, over the course of a few months, you can use your keys to get a stockpile, get a mount.

There are ways to add value back after the removal.

Same as leadership..

Im ok with changes, as long as value of packages are similiar.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,355 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    The frequent 2xRP is a great move for their business. Not so good for the player.

2xRP creates the following sales opportunity for them:

1. People will hoard RP. That means inventory space. That improves sales of whatever that provides space.
    2. People will be more likely (as they hope that will happen) to buy C-wards from Zen store. Before the t-bar nerf, no sale except for newbie who did not know better. Now, some sales.
    3. People will be more likely to buy Zen to exchange for AD to buy RP from AH.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    WIsh people would get a clue and stop buying HAMSTER during 2x RP. Running a 2x RP event and having spending drop would be a pretty clear sign for Cryptic that they're doing something wrong.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    More frequent 2xRP means you can clear out your bags more frequently, meaning you're actually less strapped for storage space than if they were still holding events further apart.

For example, I only have to live with the clutter from this 2xGems for ~2 weeks, which is tolerable.

I'm sure some people do buy wards during 2xRP, and always putting them on flash sale during 2xRP is a smart business move, but actually more player-friendly than if those items weren't on sale, because the people who are going to buy them probably would anyway.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

More frequent 2xRP means you can clear out your bags more frequently, meaning you're actually less strapped for storage space than if they were still holding events further apart.

For example, I only have to live with the clutter from this 2xGems for ~2 weeks, which is tolerable.

I'm sure some people do buy wards during 2xRP, and always putting them on flash sale during 2xRP is a smart business move, but actually more player-friendly than if those items weren't on sale, because the people who are going to buy them probably would anyway.

I could be wrong but I think it is 4 weeks from now. It is very "smart" for them to have 2xGems just a bit before 2xRP. Not too long and not too short. It is not long enough people will not just spend the RP now. It is not short enough that they can get the spaces back fast.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    The coal wards weren't always so cheap...with the bar store revamp they came to be that way. I don't even remember if they were available in the bar store before that but certainly they weren't as cheap as they became. Also I'm not sure what the big deal is. I have played for 3 years and used maybe 10 or 12 coal wards total. Yes if you have several alts you want to get geared up its going to be harder and longer or costlier if you go that route. The game is still playable. Approx 340k AD will get you a coal ward if you get zen from the zax and then use one of the 15% coupons that come frequently enough with the invoke bags.
    edited February 2016
    empalas said:

The coal wards weren't always so cheap...with the bar store revamp they came to be that way. I don't even remember if they were available in the bar store before that but certainly they weren't as cheap as they became. Also I'm not sure what the big deal is. I have played for 3 years and used maybe 10 or 12 coal wards total. Yes if you have several alts you want to get geared up its going to be harder and longer or costlier if you go that route. The game is still playable. Approx 340k AD will get you a coal ward if you get zen from the zax and then use one of the 15% coupons that come frequently enough with the invoke bags.

It was 200 t-bar for one c-ward. I bought VIP in the beginning and one of the reasons was 200 t-bar for one c-ward.
    it dropped more t-bar in average at that time too.

Using Zen store price, 1 c-ward = $10. 12 c-ward = $120.
    That only gives you ONE trans level weapon/armor enchantment. Even $60 is too much.

Will I pay $10 per c-ward? No, I won't. Will I pay any $ for a c-ward? No, I won't.
    Yes, the game is playable for me. But, I understand other people's frustration.

For this game, if you play frequently, you will have more than one toon. There is nothing "new" in this game because it does not have enough content after you have done everything for hundreds times. The "new" thing is to play a new toon and try something new.
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User

Dudes.. this is the same as leadership changes, they are not coming back..

So I fought for lower costing across the board..

What I would say is drop the outrage on this, figure out items that can be placed that have value to us.

I would say

A. Top on my list is legendary mounts at 5k tbars.

This would make me happy enough, over the course of a few months, you can use your keys to get a stockpile, get a mount.

There are ways to add value back after the removal.

Same as leadership..

Im ok with changes, as long as value of packages are similiar.

The only problem with what you say is it gives Cryptic the ok to continue the bait-n-switch attitude they have towards all their playerbase. That needs to stop. And saying one thing and doing something else needs to stop as well. The plain fact of the matter is that if Microsoft gave back refunds because of this, then, we on the pc side need to be given refunds as well ( for any vip time remaining, not already used ). And also. this should have been a good indication that this was pretty unethical of them to do this.

But your right, they won't come back. And neither will a lot of their players. But since they don't care about their players, what difference does it make. Anyone that spends money on this game after this is just plain foolish.
  • l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    nimandiir said:

Me too. Glad I didn't go VIP. Just level to 70, say "I won", go do something else. Cost of Neverwinter Online to me : free.

Hey it's their own damn fault I'm not paying them. I don't feel bad AT ALL.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User

It's not a lie, the ZAX is the proof. Before leadership nerf = backlog, after leadership nerf = no backlog and huge price drop. It was NOT all the AD in the system, but it was a huge chunk of it and it was causing problems.
    Leadership armies did something that was particularly harmful: IT PRINTED FRESH NEW AD INTO THE ECONOMY AT AN ALARMING RATE! This means AD hyperinflation, plain and simple.
    Rough AD is the only way to increase the total AD in the system, ZAX and AH (actually, this one also takes it away with the fees and cuts) only transfer existing AD between players. So, what other sources of ROUGH AD were there that injected more AD into the economy than leadership armies? Invokes? I don't think so, but even if they did, those were partially nerfed as well, and they went hand in hand with leadership armies anyways. What else? Nothing else, that's what.

You seem to be viewing the leadership ad nerf in a vacuum. There were also some thing in game not WAI that allowed people to print AD with zero initial investment. The leadership armies required a lot of work to setup, grow, and manage. There is a key difference.

Also 4 very big AD sinks were introduced around the same time as the leadership AD nerf. VIP, Strongholds, many 2xRP weekends(people in-fluxing more zen for AD to get cheap RP), reduction in cost on wards (people could/would spend more AD on micro transactions like RP instead of macro transactions like wards).

BTW the leadership AD ability existed since the start of the game but did not gain wide popularity until two things happened.

1) the new expensive RP system was introduced with the enchant rework/artifact introductions followed later by artifact equipment introduction

2) People could no longer make AD by selling dungeon dropped items on the AH. Once upon a time there was a healthy economy that existed around players farming dungeons for gear and selling the gear on the AH to players who transferred zen to AD. That's right you could make AD by playing the game in amounts larger than the daily refinement threshold

There are people who enjoy professions, but there are a lot more people who would rather earn the AD in game via achievement.

• araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

It's not a lie, the ZAX is the proof. Before leadership nerf = backlog, after leadership nerf = no backlog and huge price drop. It was NOT all the AD in the system, but it was a huge chunk of it and it was causing problems.
    Leadership armies did something that was particularly harmful: IT PRINTED FRESH NEW AD INTO THE ECONOMY AT AN ALARMING RATE! This means AD hyperinflation, plain and simple.
    Rough AD is the only way to increase the total AD in the system, ZAX and AH (actually, this one also takes it away with the fees and cuts) only transfer existing AD between players. So, what other sources of ROUGH AD were there that injected more AD into the economy than leadership armies? Invokes? I don't think so, but even if they did, those were partially nerfed as well, and they went hand in hand with leadership armies anyways. What else? Nothing else, that's what.

You seem to be viewing the leadership ad nerf in a vacuum. There were also some thing in game not WAI that allowed people to print AD with zero initial investment. The leadership armies required a lot of work to setup, grow, and manage. There is a key difference.

Also 4 very big AD sinks were introduced around the same time as the leadership AD nerf. VIP, Strongholds, many 2xRP weekends(people in-fluxing more zen for AD to get cheap RP), reduction in cost on wards (people could/would spend more AD on micro transactions like RP instead of macro transactions like wards).

BTW the leadership AD ability existed since the start of the game but did not gain wide popularity until two things happened.

1) the new expensive RP system was introduced with the enchant rework/artifact introductions followed later by artifact equipment introduction

2) People could no longer make AD by selling dungeon dropped items on the AH. Once upon a time there was a healthy economy that existed around players farming dungeons for gear and selling the gear on the AH to players who transferred zen to AD. That's right you could make AD by playing the game in amounts larger than the daily refinement threshold

There are people who enjoy professions, but there are a lot more people who would rather earn the AD in game via achievement.

I remember that time. With all the nice equip you got and could sell on AH it made sense to farm dungeons for hours at the time. However it seems that was also not good for the economy, making ad in game and buying zen with it is not what Cryptic wants. It is not bringing anything to the table. So it had to be changed.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    to answer on epic demo, i get 1silver/2gold, and there isnt any twisty anywhere, i have heard that you can get on 1s/2g, and other said it is broken, they have not got any ichors even with 3/g, and some are reporting.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    Any other official word about this Trade Bar Store update?
    Or is it just the removal of the Coals/Pres/Rubies, and that's the end of this?

Or what about
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1212899/wards-are-being-given-out-again
    any official explanation for this?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    edited March 2016
    wylonus said:

to answer on epic demo, i get 1silver/2gold, and there isnt any twisty anywhere, i have heard that you can get on 1s/2g, and other said it is broken, they have not got any ichors even with 3/g, and some are reporting.

Yesterday we did guild Edemo, 4 runs / 2 guild parties.
    We where supposed to have 3 phases- all gold, however the second phase is bugged again.
    Even with enough time remaining in the second phase for the gold , it shows silver rank.
    No matter what you do, how many portals you hit or how fast you kill it, it is still silver.
    I do not think there is a chance to get +4 rings and legendary rings with that kind of score? Or am i wrong?

edited March 2016
    araneax said:

putzboy78 said:

I remember that time. With all the nice equip you got and could sell on AH it made sense to farm dungeons for hours at the time. However it seems that was also not good for the economy, making ad in game and buying zen with it is not what Cryptic wants. It is not bringing anything to the table. So it had to be changed.
    Now, you farm the dungeon for the standard salvage price. You do get something but it is not a variable huge amount you would get before.
    Today's motto, if you need AD, go VT.
  • eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    araneax said:

I do not think there is a chance to get +4 rings and legendary rings with that kind of score? Or am i wrong?

Someone in my guild claimed to have gotten a +5 from a bronze finish...so who knows.

eldeskal said:

araneax said:

Someone in my guild claimed to have gotten a +5 from a bronze finish...so who knows.

Hm , i got 1 legendary ring of defense +5 , after 50 + runs, of 3 golds.
    I am more lucky then some of my guild mates, since i as a cleric got 6 or 7 of +4 rings and the first time i ran Edemo i got an off- hand. So it reduced the time i had to spend, grinding Edemo for the main hand.
    One of my guild mates tried to calculate the chances based on the classes.
    But i did not hear of anyone getting a legendary from bronze. Actually , the amount of players from my guild who has 100 active players, is maybe 4 %. Including me.
    If this is true i will let know my guild mates to relax a bit.
    Since it started to be like a job. XD Edemo runs make even the most relaxing players lose their nerves. lolz

• nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    l0th4ri0 said:

nimandiir said:

Me too. Glad I didn't go VIP. Just level to 70, say "I won", go do something else. Cost of Neverwinter Online to me : free.

Hey it's their own damn fault I'm not paying them. I don't feel bad AT ALL.
    3/3/16 Still saving money. I consider this an all or nothing issue, personally. I will happily financially participate in this game (because I love it) again when they back down from this non-sense. Until then I'll log in and get my keys till my VIP runs out and spend my money elsewhere.

I'm very irritated by this, it is insanely insulting. Leveled to 12 VIP for keys and bars and now I can't progress my gems without now spending more money, if that isn't a slap in my face then I don't know what is.

Yeah I know, I could grind all day and all night and play the AD for Zen game but I work 2 jobs so count me out of that. It's the principle.
    Hint: Not only have they not responded, they have not read a single post in this thread. They are very very busy writing code, designing art, and filing stuff in those rickety metal file cabinets that are found in every office that don't quite ever open or close just right.

It is grueling, thankless work that is not alleviated by reading 20000 posts about how they are HAMSTER everything up.

But your fellow players are reading... got anything to add? :smile:
    tousseau said:

Yes... for those poor overworked souls.... how many reported bugs on preview will make it to live?

All of them. And let's not forget all the useless/bugged heroic feats and pointless/bugged paragon feats found in every single class, the rampant disregard for accuracy in many important tooltips, and just so much more left over from previous game versions -- some since beta.

This is what happens when you don't have priorities straight AND give 3 people the work of 30 to do. They could be the very best game programmers/artists in the world and this is what is going to happen. The fun part is that there is nothing anyone can do except for whoever is calling the shots in development, and it's probably some guy who doesn't even play this game. I mean, based on the evidence here... what else could explain what has happened since 2013? Can they just not afford to get more people? Maybe they are just broke. I have no idea.
  • m34n5tr34km34n5tr34k Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    l0th4ri0 said:

Can they just not afford to get more people? Maybe they are just broke. I have no idea.

At one point they could have afforded talent to keep the game going, but PWE decided the game wasn't worth keeping around so put it in it's Pump and Dump pile to wring as much cash from the poor souls too attached or too new to know what's going on before they turn out the lights and try to talk you into NWO2.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    l0th4ri0 said:

Hint: Not only have they not responded, they have not read a single post in this thread. They are very very busy writing code, designing art, and filing stuff in those rickety metal file cabinets that are found in every office that don't quite ever open or close just right.

They are definitely reading this thread. However, as with any MMO, they are not going to exactly jump into the middle of a pool of sharks.

They know this is an unpopular change but step back and put yourselves into the shoes of the developers. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the only thing that will make most of you happy is to say they are just going to completely revert the change...
    If they say anything other than that they are just going to get bitten.

So instead they read the hate mail, look at the in house data and refrain from making any comments until they decide upon a course of action going forward. They won't even hint at what course of actions they are considering in house until a definitive decision is made as any response in here other than they are monitoring the feedback will be taken as promissory.

They are not going to say no or yes to reverting the change until they decide. That doesn't mean they are not reading.
  • boondoc0boondoc0 Member Posts: 19 Arc User

So instead they read the hate mail, look at the in house data and refrain from making any comments until they decide upon a course of action going forward. They won't even hint at what course of actions they are considering in house until a definitive decision is made as any response in here other than they are monitoring the feedback will be taken as promissory.

unless you play on xbox in which case they'll tell you about after it's all said and done.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    It happens both ways. In fact very often the PC players end up with changes first.

Truthfully, there's virtually no difference when there is a "warning" of a change in virtually all circumstances. Regardless of when something is announced there is always going to be somebody who did something the day before the announcement.

In fact there was somebody who proved me quite right last month when the mount training tomes were removed. Even with all the "warning" that was given due to the removal of the tomes there was still somebody that complained they bought them the day before they were removed.

There's no way around it. Somebody will always end up doing something right before a change which will give them an advantage or disadvantage. There has to be some philosophical law like Murphey's Law for such situuations.

They are definitely reading this thread. (snip)

LOL

Come on, dude. Even YOU don't believe that.

But still, a valiant try. You just forgot that there are other people who have been around for a while, too.

Honestly, it doesn't even matter if they read the forums or not. How would that possibly make anything better? They aren't going to make design decisions based on player input, or they would have done it at some point before now. Perhaps it's best you just let this one go, Ambi.

But still... a nice effort. I appreciate the sentiment, and your ardor for maintaining the status quo. It serves you well.
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    Simple question: Why is it the nuclear option that gets picked everytime rather than a part solution??

Why not to make these items in the T-Bar store BtA first before removing them?
    Why not reverse the price drop?

Either/or could have been done and "research" conducted. I'm using research sarcastically because I suspect it's the effect on Zen Store cashflow and not the economy or customer feedback ;)

Also, good job on releasing the State of the Game address at this time to divert attention from this single issue. Slowed down additions to this discussion certainly.
    edited March 2016
    l0th4ri0 said:

They are definitely reading this thread. (snip)

Come on, dude. Even YOU don't believe that.
    I don't believe it. I know for a fact they do read the forums and this thread.
    They won't make decisions they feel are bad for the game because of player opinion, though.

I don't expect them to overturn the decision. At all. But that doesn't mean they don't read and consider the feedback. Listening and considering feedback is not synonymous with doing exactly what the players say/want.

So yeah, I have been here too. They're not going to revert a change the players don't like just because they don't like it. Part of being a game developer is making the hard decisions that will make people unhappy for the benefit of the game.

Again I don't agree with this change. I think it makes the cost of enchantments way too high and I don't think there are other viable alternatives to get coalescence wards. But I can count the direct changes to existing services they have changed made which I didn't agree with on one hand. Most of the times players get too caught up in not wanting their toys removed to consider the big picture. Most times the devs make changes to existing services for the benefit of the entire player base in the long term.

Sorry, you're free to think whatever you want of me. It doesn't bother me at all really but I have no problem saying when I disagree with something. When I agree with the developers it is because they are in the right. When I agree with the players I would rather seek a compromise than to demand something that won't happen.

I don't believe it. I know for a fact they do read the forums and this thread.
    They won't make decisions they feel are bad for the game because of player opinion, though.

* Foundry.
    * Bugs. Reported by the dozens, not addressed. Some existing since beta.
    * Useless or Exploitable Feats/Powers with oddly potent or non-functional synergies. Reported en masse, ignored.

Shall I continue?

Yeah, they are listening. It's just that fixing these things would be detrimental to the game.
    (insert amazingly huge and catastrophically precise eye roll)

Perhaps it's best you just let this one go, Ambi. Not trying to be overly snarky to you here, but you're kinda taking an indefensible position. Your heart is in the right place, at least. No one can fault you for that.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    As a 1-year VIP purchaser, I'm unhappy with the change as well (probably in the lower-middle of the "hair-on-fire" spectrum though), but after 34 pages, has anyone brought up the idea of removing the duplicate enchant required for upgrading rank 1-9 enchants? It's an older idea. No one needs rank 12/trans anything, but having a realistic path to rank 10/perfect would make things much more beginner and alt friendly. It would make shards -> perfect enchants 4 shards and 4 coals away, instead of 32 shards and 14 coals. I would gleefully give up TB coals in exchange for that. Then (and only then), they might actually be worth the $8-$10 they insist upon.
This discussion has been closed.