test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maze Engine Preview Patch Notes NW.60.20160201a.1

Comments

• blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    morenthar said:

Gutbusters Brigade members and members of guilds who are right behind us, have worked their asses off. So I don't want to hear anyone complaint about what is "fair" when they have no friggin' idea what we went through to do it this quickly. On top of that, outside of people buying bells for multiple DF runs, it was a total old school farm grind and not a pay to advance situation.

Everybody should know that from the start of SH that the costs are too high. In your guild you MUST pay a fix amount per week. Thats ok, if your guildmembers will do this. But everybody did know from the start that cryptic will adjust the costs again. So no one got screwed, cuzz we knew it.
    Cryptic trys to help smaller guilds. Whats so unfair about that?
    I also payed 3mio ADs in our guild. But im not angry at all that they gonna reduce the cost of SH. It was my decission to pay so much ADs. I dont blame anyone that i payed so much.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    morenthar said:

@mamalion1234

Comparing the enormity of SH progression to the change in GMOP price is absurd.

It is not that I want small guilds to suffer, it's that I want compensation for getting screwed out of enough AD to get my main character to BiS plus starting to get an alt fleshed out.

I expect to get nothing. Nevertheless, I will let these Devs know exactly how I feel. It's actions like this that take players one step further towards leaving the game. Screwed is screwed and that's exactly what any large, ambitious guild got, ROYALLY SCREWED.

calculate 700x13 . that is all your slots on your character offense -defence their result is 9100. 9000 is one of your boons at level 9.you can use 2 boons worth 18000 on stats. IF that is not progress also for your main + for any alt then what is progress?
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    One thing...those Profession generated crates to feed the coffer must be account bound, for the love of God...make them account bound !
    I asked few times to make all professions rewards acc bound, at least listen on the new stuff ?
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Our guild is almost going for 20th level stronghold upgrade. we have 10+ level 9 buildings. We have made this expensive way, and now you make this easy for others? How fair is this cost reduce gonna be?

in old days i got gmop 100k each to upgrade my enchants then after 1 month my friends upgraded theirs for 20k each should i be angry for this?
    No.

In 1983, my dad paid over $5k for an IBM PC (the real, original IBM Personal Computer). 4.77 MHz, 640k RAM, CGA monitor, Epson MX-80 printer, 20 MB hard drive, and software. $5k in 1983 dollars was a LOT more than $5k in 2016 dollars.

Things get faster, better, and cheaper over time. Companies reduce prices to spur either sales or acceptance. If you saw how many different Sony Walkmans I have somewhere in the closet, you'd laugh. I've spent well over $1k alone on our stronghold, both to shield our members as much as I could from the ridiculous grind as well to try to give them a feeling of making progress.

I'm not the least bit angry at the change. I'm a little concerned that it might not be enough since we'll still be faced with the same problem of having ourselves implicitly compared to larger guilds and will still have to keep up to retain members, but at least the grind shouldn't be as long. I'm especially concerned about farming influence, but I'll try to double-check Preview this week at some point. Nevertheless, while I'm concerned, I'm not the least bit angry; I'm overjoyed. Any step in the right direction is by definition a good one.
    kemi1984 said:

One thing...those Profession generated crates to feed the coffer must be account bound, for the love of God...make them account bound !
    I asked few times to make all professions rewards acc bound, at least listen on the new stuff ?

No, no, and NO!. Buying resources is the ONLY way for the really small guilds to progress!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    LOL at hustin. Bro get over it, you and your guild chose to upgrade early, and you got what you wanted. Now your complaining because of a choice you made? LOL, grow up... You knew this was going to happen, 244k For campaign currency per upgrade at only SH10 is like silly high, no one would ever pay that being in the right frame of mind. Unfortunately for you, you and your guild apparently thought this was both reasonable and affordable. Shame on you, NOT shame on us or cryptic.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
    kemi1984 said:

LOL at hustin. Bro get over it, you and your guild chose to upgrade early, and you got what you wanted. Now your complaining because of a choice you made? LOL, grow up... You knew this was going to happen, 244k For campaign currency per upgrade at only SH10 is like silly high, no one would ever pay that being in the right frame of mind. Unfortunately for you, you and your guild apparently thought this was both reasonable and affordable. Shame on you, NOT shame on us or cryptic.

You might want to re-read my post. I'm specifically NOT complaining. I'm saying that even despite what we went through, I'm overjoyed at the change.
    morenthar said:

weaver936 said:

hustin1 said:

But, to get back on my point, if we've had to push hard to compete, it's because we've been forced to, not because we want to.

This is a point I have tried to make. There is a huge difference between Manipulating someone and Motivating them. I'm really feeling that the Devs only know how to manipulate. It does come with the territory though. They are a company after all. But there are better ways to get people to pay into a system than to force them to.. you know.. like actually providing a service that is enjoyable and rewarding.

Every Mod seems to work AGAINST the progress made in the previous one. Maybe the Devs wouldn't have so much work to do if they would just better the content already in game and maybe complete a thought... instead of side stepping into things that just will require more upkeep or become obsolete with the next mod. SO much content in game is being wasted.. and I can only assume it's because "new" gets them more money in the short term. New content brings new players (with the advertisement buzz) and new players have more patience with old obsolete stuff because it's new to them, at least. They also have nothing in game and tend to spend more money than those of us experienced and developed enough to capitalize on our previous work in the game. This that I describe here is MANIPULATION.. not Motivation... and it's abusive, even if it is business.
    This really gets to the point. SH failure, bait & switch tactics. Oh yeah, they get us all excited that dungeons are finally returning. Takes a player talking to a Dev on the side for the truth to come out that only CN will be epic and I hear that is an HE filled nightmare. The mount changes are nice. Outside of that, it's the usual one step forward and two steps back. More prexisting content reworked into a lackluster release. I didn't know if my hope for this game could reach new all-time low, but it clearly has. Next stop is the next game.
    NO please wait first and fight guilds able to defend drains level 2 then do whatever you want.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Guilds who pushed their guilds to high guild hall levels received adequate compensation by having things available first, master crafting, stronger boons, better gear/potions/food in the market place.

This has always been how the game works. High costs at release and those who choose to pay them get the benefits. Costs always drop over time.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    morenthar said:

scathias said:

Guilds who pushed their guilds to high guild hall levels received adequate compensation by having things available first, master crafting, stronger boons, better gear/potions/food in the market place.

This has always been how the game works. High costs at release and those who choose to pay them get the benefits. Costs always drop over time.

How long have you been playing this game? Most, if not all of the more impactful price cuts, came after a VERY long time. We are talking over two years. These SH price reductions are coming after a single Mod.
    Two mods, not one. ;)

When was the last time you played the game?
    Cause at reading you I get the feeling you've been working the game, which is sad.

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    morenthar said:

scathias said:

How long have you been playing this game? Most, if not all of the more impactful price cuts, came after a VERY long time. We are talking over two years. These SH price reductions are coming after a single Mod.

1. Master Crafting: Doesn't exist to most of us.
    2. Stronger Boons: Obviously nice but the only real reward.
    3. Gear: Really? You get access relatively early if you are a decent sized guild.
    4. Potions/Food: Doesn't hurt but not a big deal unless you PvP and most of the time I don't bother.

What boggles my mind is that how even a guild with SH GH rank 10 isn't expecting more compensation. Everyone got screwed by those prices. Anything you dump into your SH has been a total ripoff.

WE CAN'T EVEN ENTER THE STRONGHOLD PROPER. We all got hosed. those of us that did it faster got screwed even more.
    So basically you are saying that everything you get from the guild being at a higher level is pretty much not worth it...and therefore your guild rushed to GH 20 for what reason? Obviously you thought it was worth the expense in both time and resources to push hard for GH 20. So now you can relax and not farm anymore while the rest of the people who didn't get there yet can take the next 6 months to also get there... except that whole time you will have all the stuffs and they will have less.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    morenthar said:

WE CAN'T EVEN ENTER THE STRONGHOLD PROPER. We all got hosed. those of us that did it faster got screwed even more.

Ur mad?
    Its your own fault to rush in this speed. Its your own fault that your guildmembers have to spend a specific amount of ads/items ( its your own guildrule) per week. Did you really think Cryp dont readjust the costs from SH after all the complaints in the past?
    Its all your own fault. We got GH 12 and i dont feel screwed at all.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Anyway, back on track...

I'm stuck on how to more easily progress to Chapter 4: Adventurers of the Lost Artifact (Lucasfilm isn't going to sue you for that? lol)... @commanderander had mentioned other topside quests that would get me "Tales of Adventurers", but I haven't been able to find any, outside of the dailies from Bruenor...

Any suggestions..?

Thanks!
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • lordsied5lordsied5 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    laggy as hell on the test server
  • mattia78mattia78 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    No new patch this week? This sounds very bad. Nothing really to test aside from boring dailies....
    404 Italians Not Found Guild Leader
    Matt Shieldheart 3.5k GF Conq PVE _ Matt Shieldheart 0 3.5k GF Tactician PVE _ Matt Shieldheart II 4.1k Buffer DC _ Matt Shieldheart III 4.3k Thauma CW _ Matt Shieldheart IV 3.5k Exe TR _ Matt Shieldheart V 3.9k Destroyer GWF _ Matt Shieldheart VI 3.1k Trapper HR _ Matt Shieldheart VII 3.1k Fury SW _ Matt ShieldheartVIII 3.6k OP Justice _ Matt Shieldheart -8 3.1k Healadin _ Matt Shieldheart -9 3.1k Mof Rene CW
    edited February 2016
    morenthar said:

@mamalion1234

What the hell are you talking about? You want me to wait so other guilds catch up so they can defend against the drains I haven't used in over a month? This being some form of punishment for originally using something my guild earned via tireless dedication to a cause?

BRILLIANT!

In case you and the rest of the drain whiners haven't figured out, drains are far from the only thing wrong in PvP.

Many in my guild don't use them anymore and we aren't a PvP focused guild like the usual suspects. Which is precisely why we were the first to GH 20.

While those guilds were concentrating on trolling PvP, we were hard at work.

1. DRains are useful only in pvp ( you said you are not pvp focused guild).
    2. You recruited pvp players to feed the coffer because many of them have some ad to achieve level 20? ( remember you are not pvp focused guild)
    3. you still post in pvp section of forum? (remember you are not pvp focused guild).
    4. guild hall 20 for pve?( 6-8 level is good enough to be top in pve content is not so difficult).

• weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    kemi1984 said:

They SHOULD not let people use their 50 alts to grind our Crates to send to a couple alts and instantly max out their Guild marks.. that would be ridiculous.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

kemi1984 said:

They SHOULD not let people use their 50 alts to grind our Crates to send to a couple alts and instantly max out their Guild marks.. that would be ridiculous.
    Your crates? uhm, ok !
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
    edited February 2016
    @terramak, would you mind taking a look at the Serene runestone? Right now it's pretty lousy. I've been trying to come up with a way to keep striker companions alive long enough to be useful, with terrible success. I even tried sticking an R12 Tranquil on my Powrie's necklace and it only procced once over the course of an hour (and the tranquil grants way more HP than a comparable-rank Serene, at least on paper).

Even with stats like these, it's VERY hard to keep her alive when doing dailies.

screenshot 2016 02 18 16 09 19
    Post edited by hustin1 on
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    hustin1 said:

@terramak, would you mind taking a look at the Serene runestone? Right now it's pretty lousy. I've been trying to come up with a way to keep striker companions alive long enough to be useful, with terrible success. I even tried sticking an R12 Tranquil on my Powrie's necklace and it only procced once over the course of an hour (and the tranquil grants way more HP than a comparable-rank Serene, at least on paper).

Even with stats like these, it's VERY hard to keep her alive when doing dailies.

Lifesteal on the defense slots on companion equipment generally seems to work wonders for a striker (not for companions with no attacks). Also, Lliira's Bell for emergencies.

I use an Alchemist Experimenter on my GF. Heals and ranged damage support. And have azures in his defense slots because he just self-heals, so keeping him alive isn't really a problem.

I know you like your Powries though.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
This discussion has been closed.