test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maze Engine Preview Patch Notes NW.60.20160201a.1

Comments

• flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User

Seriously? I am VERY disappointed that there will be no epic versions of the returning dungeons. So... what exactly took so long to "redo" them if they were not updated to at least epic? Has no one been listening to anything we have said about wanting more END GAME CONTENT????

Say new mount system. I did not expect 5 new dungeons but expect more than 1 epic dungeons, so disappointed.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Phew. Took me longer than I'd hoped, but the release notes have been updated in the OP (and the precautionary overflow post). Campaign Updates will need to wait 'til next week - I've got a bunch of notes there, but I need to verify their accuracy with Asterdahl and others before I post.

If you're curious about the current state of those changes, check out the campaigns, campaign stores, and Stronghold Siege in the current build.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    @terramak ... You worked late. Thanks for the notes. We do appreciate your efforts even when disappointed in some of the stuff you're writing up.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    terramak said:

Stronghold Economy Changes - Feedback Thread
    We've made some changes to Stronghold progression and economy. Details can be found in the feedback thread above, but in short, here are some of the main changes you'll see:

• Astral Diamond costs reduced substantially (~50-90% in many cases).
    • Tyranny and Fey campaign currency costs reduced significantly (~20-40% in many cases).
    • Guild Mark gain from AD and Glory contributions doubled.
    • Profession tasks that allow players to make crates of certain supplies, to then contribute to the Stronghold.

Thank you this will help the smaller guilds. I assume the "crates of certain supplies" wil be bound to character. Will we be able to make 9 of them at the same time or will there be a 3 per character limit?
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• andrew33#3082 andrew33 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Cheaper Stronghold? Thanks, thanks, thanks, thank you very much...
  • lordsied5lordsied5 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Client keeps on crashing whenever i try to race reroll )=
  • lordsied5lordsied5 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Keeps on crashing l:<
  • lokki99911lokki99911 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    What about Lurker?
    I think Ru players want the same test module.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    terramak said:

Silverback Bear: The level required to use this mount is now 4, down from 60.
    Silverback Bear: This mount's description no longer claims it wears armor.
    "I'm a silverback bear! Make me 140% Legendary!"

NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User

Our guild is almost going for 20th level stronghold upgrade. we have 10+ level 9 buildings. We have made this expensive way, and now you make this easy for others? How fair is this cost reduce gonna be?

Fair?
    • I ran 6 of 8 characters through EE when 16, not 8, Vigilance Quests were required.
    • I ran T2s with the "ArPen" bug. Spent hundreds, if not thousands of GP on injury kits.
    • My near-BiS GWF had to grind for months to get back to where he was before Mod 6 was released.
    • When SH hit, my guild had fewer than a dozen players who had characters who could even spare Campaign Currencies to feed the Mimic. Since then, that number has doubled, with a good third of those players doing nothing BUT grinding for Campaign Currencies and/or dropping hundreds of Zen on Stronghold Starter Packs.
    But, of course, there will always be the Negative Nancies for changes like these. If your guild has made it to GH L18, that's awesome for you. Now the remaining two levels will be a lot easier for you to obtain, and you'll be GH L20 in much less time.

Nothing about SH has been "fair". Until now.

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Why are you not giving me epic dungeons... These leveling dungeons are pointless. I want epic dungeons that are difficult. Is this true that there are no epic dungeons other than CN? @Terramak Could you confirm and maybe explain?
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

Why are you not giving me epic dungeons... These leveling dungeons are pointless. I want epic dungeons that are difficult. Is this true that there are no epic dungeons other than CN? @Terramak Could you confirm and maybe explain?

he already did... still it continues to sound ridicolous as it is.
    mod 9 will be the umpteenth example of neverwinter's unfinished mods.
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User

rayrdan said:

he already did... still it continues to sound ridicolous as it is.
    mod 9 will be the umpteenth example of neverwinter's unfinished mods.
    Lol, only NW could have umpteen unfinished mods before releasing a mod in the teens.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    I'm with the masses here. You do realize we used to do Karu runs at the end game to get the bracers? maybe it was the boots, I don't remember. Besides, it was a really fun dungeon. Had the chance to wipe as did all T2's b/c OP's were in the game yet, and it was a freaking blast!!!!!!!

If you guys don't make these dungeons have epic versions, I hate to be that guy, but you should have never removed them in the first place. And it might make/will make a lot of the current/old/future players very upset!
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I was happy for like a day when I didn't realize that there weren't going to be epic dungeons. Now i'm resigned to my fate of eternal etos hell.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    Guys, we can rest assured. That absolutely nothing we say/recommend/vote on has ever been seriously considered by a single person. This update is proof that they 100% listened to zero players in ZERO form/fashion. #1 complaint of SH was influence... the others were insanely high, but influence was the #1 beef. For Dungeons it was end game dungeons, not demigorgon, the dungeons we had, more ways to farm surplus other than ETOS.

Strum, you are a great guy. I'm really sorry you were put to the plate to have to deal with this massive uproar that is Mod 9. It started with a blatant lie to the entire community with these dungeons returning and no mention of them not being epic to cover it up. So rather than just make all the pvp players leave... they wil be hard pressed to keep the PVE player base here as well with the new power creep and no difficult content.

- Good luck devs. I hope you can muster up a way to fix this. Lord knows we'll allllllll be watching.
    Shard's going down for a short while in attempts to fix the disconnects on login.
  • fadros1864fadros1864 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2016

terramak said:

Silverback Bear: The level required to use this mount is now 4, down from 60.
    Silverback Bear: This mount's description no longer claims it wears armor.
    "I'm a silverback bear! Make me 140% Legendary!"

terramak , what is about Lord's Armored Polar Bear? Will you make it 140% Legendary?
    neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Lord%27s_Armored_Polar_Bear
    NeverwinterPreview shard is back up, maps won't be crashing as frequently when logging in now. (Or if they do, it'll be for a different reason - let us know!)

Questions about specific mounts are best asked in the Mount Feedback Thread.
  • aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    If it's actually true and even more, they don't do something to introduce epic versions of the dungeons before Mod 9 go live, even more after been READING the feedback, these will be all <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and I will never ever again trust on their word. I'm so disapointed that I'm trying hard to be polite right now. I only hope that they can forsee the whiplash of this before the mega negative review begin and do something. ONE YEAR LATER AND THEY HAVEN'T BROUGHT BACK A COUPLE OF DUNGEONS!, unbelievable!
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Guys are FINALLY adding SH coffer goods to professions I see. Very good improvement for SH QoL.
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    One word... Epic Dungeons. NOT leveling dungeons. EEEE PEEEE EYE SEEEE!!! Give us our Dungeons back!!! oh and the Dragons too. Kinda tired of playing Spiders & Monkeys.
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    GB paid for smt to get it faster and now crying about other guilds making it with less cost? Thats your choice. There is always same pattern here: pay to get things faster.

Im really disappointed new-normal dungeons. People want epic, whats the point of running normal dungeons at 70lvl? Daily AD? Memories?

200_s.gif
  • themaster7021themaster7021 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Question: Will be there a new adventure zone in The Maze Engine? I'm asking because i saw changes in the mantol-derith, including new underdark travel map, and i'm curious about it. Besides, it's continuation of the underdark module, so we want to see underdark, not an one social zone, few skirmishes and few quests placed in the underdark :). (sorry for my english, it's not my primary language)
  • prynnceprynnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    terramak said:

Hah!

Can we get a keychain? We've been asking since beta for one!!!!! Like those mounts the keys in our bags take up immense amount of space.......Also we want epic versions of all the dungeons please!!
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    morenthar said:

@szejhuludpuchacz

Brilliant display of reading comprehension.

You can buy bells for DF. Those DFs don't complete themselves. Nor do they grind Sharandar or Influence or AD.

Zero clue.

Thanks Cryptic.

Im grinding influ on 10 toons everyday, daiilies, buying bells as well. So what? Im doing it for my guild, we went r9 in 6 weeks, from start of new guild. Do we cry about it? We could do it slowly, like most guilds. Some of them made less progress in 6 months. WHy guilds rush? Coz they want to compete and be better than others. People pay for that. You paid. Its not 1st time cryptic lowering prices for something that cost alot in the past. Who have problem with reading now?
    200_s.gif
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    It's a bit more complex than that. We managed to get to Rank 6 and get our stable to Rank 2. Speaking only for myself (as the one who was handed the job of leading the guild, for what it's worth), I could not care less about competing against other guilds or being able to brag about being better than guild XYZ. I want our guild to be friendly, first and foremost, and I make a point to not exert pressure on members to contribute. However, guild progress also equals boons, so we wind up being forced to compete -- because it's also fair for our members to want to be able to get something out of our stronghold.

Granted, there are other benefits to large guilds (such as being able to take down Dragonflight dragons, something we are too small to accomplish), but those things go hand in hand. If you don't progress quickly enough you inevitably lose members even as you might gain them, and so it becomes impossible to accomplish those other things.

I'm glad at the prospect of not having to continue spending hundreds of dollars on stronghold resources. I don't consider it reasonable to expect such a small membership to undergo such a grind or expense, and I've had to stop the expense part as well due to both finances and sanity (this is a *game*, after all).

But, to get back on my point, if we've had to push hard to compete, it's because we've been forced to, not because we want to.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    hustin1 said:

But, to get back on my point, if we've had to push hard to compete, it's because we've been forced to, not because we want to.

This is a point I have tried to make. There is a huge difference between Manipulating someone and Motivating them. I'm really feeling that the Devs only know how to manipulate. It does come with the territory though. They are a company after all. But there are better ways to get people to pay into a system than to force them to.. you know.. like actually providing a service that is enjoyable and rewarding.

Every Mod seems to work AGAINST the progress made in the previous one. Maybe the Devs wouldn't have so much work to do if they would just better the content already in game and maybe complete a thought... instead of side stepping into things that just will require more upkeep or become obsolete with the next mod. SO much content in game is being wasted.. and I can only assume it's because "new" gets them more money in the short term. New content brings new players (with the advertisement buzz) and new players have more patience with old obsolete stuff because it's new to them, at least. They also have nothing in game and tend to spend more money than those of us experienced and developed enough to capitalize on our previous work in the game. This that I describe here is MANIPULATION.. not Motivation... and it's abusive, even if it is business.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Our guild is almost going for 20th level stronghold upgrade. we have 10+ level 9 buildings. We have made this expensive way, and now you make this easy for others? How fair is this cost reduce gonna be?

in old days i got gmop 100k each to upgrade my enchants then after 1 month my friends upgraded theirs for 20k each should i be angry for this?
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    morenthar said:

@mamalion1234

Comparing the enormity of SH progression to the change in GMOP price is absurd.

It is not that I want small guilds to suffer, it's that I want compensation for getting screwed out of enough AD to get my main character to BiS plus starting to get an alt fleshed out.

I expect to get nothing. Nevertheless, I will let these Devs know exactly how I feel. It's actions like this that take players one step further towards leaving the game. Screwed is screwed and that's exactly what any large, ambitious guild got, ROYALLY SCREWED.

your compensation if this make you feel better is : you have what 80% of the guilds dont have for months. And now is time for some to have more choices or and form their guilds than to stay to some guilds because they have drains level 2 stamina level 2 that comment is for some pvp players left from their guilds for that stupid reason.
This discussion has been closed.