test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Invitation to Casual Gamers

Comments

• randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User

welp, we hit 150 today. how should we go about the cull of those who aren't playing. a mass guild email asking for response within a weeks time does seem reasonable.

@thefiresidecat Yes we hit 150 members several times in the past, so far there is still some number of inactive players who could be sorted out by looking at they playing history. What I do is:

When a player at level below 70 joins I put a special comment in officer notes which tells what was the initial level and how long ago it happened. E.g. "55" means player joined mid November at level 55, ".45" means player joined end of November at level 45, and "..30" for player who joined in early December at level 30. Later I'll be putting "..." in the comments to mark players who joined just recently.

This way I know if the player remains at the same low level for a while, which usually means that this player either abandoned the game or this character is an alt parked in our guild. It's obviously not a problem if someone enlist alts into CG as longs as the main character stays active as well since all alts count as one towards the 150 limit.

Once we have only active low level players left we might need to look if there are some level 70 players which have been inactive for a while. At this point I have two methods for that - track their IL and keep the players I've never seen online in our peak playing time at Recruit level. Tracking IL is somewhat helpful also for event planning.

To supplement all this tracking we may send emails periodically as you suggested. Asking e.g. to update their guild member comments with something e.g. the date when they were last online. Then it would be fairly easy to walk through it and figure out who wasn't online for a while.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • jeffro#4129 jeffro Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Slightly off topic how long do I stay a recruit for ? I'm trying to be pretty active. Donating a lot but grouping with fellow guild members will be a problem till after the holidays. Good news I hit 70 this morning so I'm ready to go have fun with you guys.
  • ultimatebladerv1ultimatebladerv1 Member Posts: 44 Arc User

Slightly off topic how long do I stay a recruit for ? I'm trying to be pretty active. Donating a lot but grouping with fellow guild members will be a problem till after the holidays. Good news I hit 70 this morning so I'm ready to go have fun with you guys.

LUCKY! My alt hit 69 this morning and it's gonna be a bit before he's ready to join in the fun. Luckily, I've been using my main as a armor shopper for him and stockpiled some 130 IL arms and helm and some 125 IL guild rings and a belt and AH bought some more rank 7 Azures to increase the exp gain until they can be used for crit or def.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    Cool cool, I didn't think alts counted towards the limit. I have three but at some point if need be I can definitely exit with one or two of them as well
    edited December 2015
    @randomdigits#2166 for the 70's I'm putting in the overflow experience number. that's going to change if they are active. the problem I'm having with IL is if they are offline you can't see the IL.

what happens if a character is deleted do you think? I was trying to update scargil and I'm getting invalid entity.

ok I think I'm done for today. Cleared out 11 who looked pretty clearly inactive. and I promoted all of zephyrs alts. to match his level LOL and promoted saia and jeffro to member.

a few other notes, how long do we give someone for activity. there are a couple in there with notes from the 12th but the rank hasn't increased at all and they're super low. level 18 still level 18. LOL. Should we limit who can invite now that we are hitting limit regularly? with some of these really low level characters it's hard to keep track.

Post edited by thefiresidecat on
    That's a good idea, fire. maybe anyone above member?
  • jeffro#4129 jeffro Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Yes!!! I'm a member now!! Now I just started a TR is there room for him ?
    I don't think class matters in the guild. We're all over the place in class.
    @thefiresidecat Thank you very much for taking care of it! I was using "a couple of weeks" as a rule of a thumb for how long should we keep users once they stop playing. This is based on idea that people could take e.g. a vacation and then come back. Given that we easily accept them back once they start playing again that should be no problem imho. As for the limiting who can invite - I think it's a good idea - perhaps we should raise it to rank 3 - what do you think?

@jeffro Sorry about that. May this has happened because your privacy was set on in Xbox settings so I cannot see you in the roaster? I don't know.

To all: please make sure you appear in the roaster when online - it helps to plan our guild activity and can chat via chatpad with the guild mates - a lot of communication is happening there. If you don't see any chat from the guild please check you privacy setting in Xbox settings. There are at least 2 options related to this - appear online and use voice/text chat.

yes I think rank 3 is a good idea.
    okey dokey I did start a facebook group. if you are on FB please join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/442312832629008/

the group name is "Casual Gamers Neverwinter guild" while this fine for general conversation there are some conversations that are probably best not on forum property. LOL. Tips and tricks and whatnot. There are things I'd like to talk about that I just can't post here without fear of backlash. ;)

No promises that the FB group will prove feasible. it depends on how many in the guild are there too. but maybe it will be helpful.
    another topic gift exchange.. I have a ton. over 30 on one character and 5 or so on the others. we should schedule some gift exchange groups and times. so much bullwack with these random groups.
  • turner2k7mjturner2k7mj Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    im pending on FB group
    There was something who requested to join the Facebook page who isn't there. If I made a mistake or there is a glitch or something and you asked to join but aren't in the group please request again.
  • turner2k7mjturner2k7mj Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    i sent a request but was on the wrong FB account , so resent on the correct account
    whew! I was worried I'd accidently declined or something :)
    Request sent, FSC. Yeah, my initials are BS. Big whoop, wanna fight about it? Cause I would probably lose.
  • vrod06vrod06 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    topdogg0101

looking to join the guild, it gets very boring doing solo after a while and like to prefer playing in groups
    lvl 63 control wizard
    A few words about guild ranks: please do not think of these as of you character or companion or gear level. Guild ranks are primarily identifying your level of responsibility and involvement in the guild activities.

Everyone upon joining gets a rank of a recruit. At this rank we usually know very little about you and would like to first make a judgment if you would fit our guild. You could also see if our guild fits you.

After some time, seeing you a few times in guild events, one of guild officers would promote you to a Member. Member is our primary guild rank. It has all the rights a single guild member may need apart from managing other members. This is where most players would be, if only the guild was managing itself.

Which leads us to the higher guild ranks - Senior members - these are players who have participated and are participating in a lot of guild activities and through their actions and words are helping to make our guild feel the way it is. Senior members could invite new players to our guild. If you want to become a Senior member all you need is to get involved into helping with the guild management - participate in events, invite new players, send improvement suggestions and help new players with advice and actions.

The remaining two ranks we are currently using are Guild Officer(@thefiresidecat) and Guild Lead (@randomDigits). These are cool designations for the people who are doing the most boring exciting part of the guild management. Which is removing inactive players from the guild roaster, recruiting and promoting new players, planning guild events, answering questions and addressing concerns.

With that said, thank you for being part of the guild, we appreciate you help!

P.S. Merry Christmas!

vrod06 said:

topdogg0101
    looking to join the guild, it gets very boring doing solo after a while and like to prefer playing in groups
    lvl 63 control wizard

Hello top dog. Please let me know your full name (looks like CharacterName@XboxGamerTag) so I can invite you. Be aware though, that our peak playing time is 10:00PM-2:00AM PST and a lot of game play up to level 70 is most of the time happening solo or in a group with random players. At your current level you are probably focusing on Vigilance tasks in Drowned Shores. And it'll probably take you another 3-5 days to level up if play 4+ hours a day. Make sure to wear as many Azures as you can get (ideally 5 level 7 or above) and make use of Double XP events which is coming soon. You can also ask for a company and/or advice in guild chat when you are playing.

topdogg0101@xboxgamertag
  • gusman74#3412 gusman74 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Greetings, been looking for. Like minded people and think you may be mt new him. Augustus@gusman74. Hope to see you online soon.
    Augustus invited
    Topdogg0101 not xboxgamertag YOUR xbox gamer tag. LOL. what is your user name on xbox outside of this game? that's the end part of the neverwinter email.
    vrod is my gamer name in the game
    topdogg0101 is xbox name
  • bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    May I join the guild?

I believe my game name is: Kael@xMattking93x
    http://mmominds.com/2015/10/21/xbox-mod6-elitecloud04s-haste-dc/

here is the hasty link. for solo I switch over to some dps powers and can do alright
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    bugs55678 said:

May I join the guild?

I believe my game name is: Kael@xMattking93x

Invite sent.

• gusman74#3412 gusman74 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Wanted to update following my joining request, ive been with the guild for a few days now, great bunch of people friendly and fun. Always willing to help and answer any questions. I'm already looking forward to the next dragon hunt :-)
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Category:Stronghold_Heroic_Encounters

its definitely not complete but different encounters have different drops from the few that are listed. it would be nice to have more info on this
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Hi guys,

I`m looking for a new home for my main HR... unfortunately I do not see a lot of my own Guild members/leaders around any more due to various reasons and I very rarely get to run anything but PUG`s these days (which I do not mind as I do love a good random group).

I`m just wondering what you head count is at the moment? Do you have a lot of active Daily players? Also how about time zones, do you have a lot of people from European Regions as well?

Thank you for your time, I actually see your Guild Members quite often when running around doing things :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
This discussion has been closed.