test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Underdark Preview Patch Notes NW.55.20151206a.3

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Light Blue = New to the the .2 version.
.3 has some changes that will not be visible on the Preview shard. (Mainly concerning Winter Festival.)

Content and Environment
Elemental Artifact Weapon quests
  • Motes of Earth now properly drop from small Heroic Encounters when a dowsing rod is not in effect.
  • Motes of Water now drop more frequently from medium Heroic Encounters.
  • Motes of Air no longer drop more frequently than expected from small Heroic Encounters.
  • Unawakened Hearts can now be discarded.
    • The associated quest will be dropped if it is in progress, but progress on motes will be saved when the player starts the quest again.
Strongholds
  • Smelter's Yard: This structure no longer spawns floating grass over the road.
  • Stronghold Siege tutorial: Exiting and restarting Neverwinter while in this map no longer has a chance to leave the map in an impossible-to-complete state.
  • Stronghold Siege tutorial: The Mimic now only accepts donations while the player has a quest objective to donate supplies.
  • The minimum level to accept Stronghold daily quests is now communicated to the player.
  • The Steward no longer offers an empty Call to Arms quest.
The Dwarven King quest line
  • General: Various minor improvements have been made to the text, including matching certain lines up to voice-over audio.
  • Chapter 6: A "battle horn" sound effect no longer plays when entering the map.
  • Chapter 7: The coachman and horse at the beginning no longer have their respective twins accompanying them.
Underdark
  • Epic Demogorgon: The end-of-battle scoreboard bars no longer display as empty regardless of performance.
  • Ichor and Faerzress: Players can no longer get into a state where they cannot speak to Grazilaxx.
  • Throne of the Dwarven Gods: The time elapsed in a given phase no longer has a chance to vary based on server performance.
General
  • Bannermen Forever: This Heroic Encounter no longer gives rewards in addition to the quest reward.
  • Cornering Karzov: Players can no longer see outside of the gameplay space through the exit door.
  • Epic Lair of Lostmauth: Attempting to loot the end-of-dungeon chest with both a Legendary Dragon Key and an Arcane Dragon Key in the inventory will now properly take the Arcane Dragon Key.
  • Nowhere to Hide: The Cloaked Man now properly appears to Trickster Rogues above level 60.
  • Reclamation Rock: The quest "Forest Heroics - H1" is no longer offered.
  • Spinward Rise: Howling Maw: This instance's map is now properly revealed as the player explores.
  • Vault of the Nine: This quest chain now requires the accepting character to be at least level 60.

Items and Economy
Artifacts
  • Symbol of Air: This artifact now consistently acts as an Artifact of Union, both when upgrading it and when using it to upgrade other artifacts.
  • Symbol of Water: This artifact now consistently acts as an Artifact of Stability, both when upgrading it and when using it to upgrade other artifacts.
General
  • Dusk Armor 1- and 2-set bonuses now consistently apply.
  • Excorcist has relinquished ownership over certain vintage Devoted Cleric items, and has renamed them "Exorcist's" gear instead.
  • The "Drowned Maw" Artifact Weapon set, given by the quest "Weapons of Water," now heals 50% of maximum health over 30 seconds, down from 100%.
  • Memento of Leira and Memento of Mask can now be discarded.
  • Vintage Lightwine and Pumpkin Soup buffs no longer immediately expire.
  • Winter Festival: Fishing lures may now be placed in the Item Tray. They are still usable from the Inventory as well.

User Interface
Boons
  • The error text has been improved for boons associated with unbuilt structures.
Character Select
  • Long text strings now shrink to fit within each Character Select box, rather than wrapping and potentially overflowing.
Character Sheet
  • When the tooltip delay is set to a low value, stat tooltips no longer become "stuck" and prevent other tooltips from displaying.
Chat
  • It is now possible to invite players to channels via the Custom Channels -> View Details UI when the channel name has spaces in it.
Collections
  • The Underdark collection page's header now has unique art.
Companions
  • When attempting to slot Runestones without any in the inventory, the message about how to acquire some is now more accurate.
HUD
  • The event HUD now properly progresses through the events list while in the Dread Ring.
Inventory and Item Tooltips
  • "Discard" is now the final option in item context menus in order to lower the chance of misclicking the option.
  • When reaching the weekly limit of Demonic Ichor, the error message now only displays once.
Powers
  • The class power bound to "Tab" may now be dragged and slotted in the rare case that it should ever become unslotted.
Refinement
  • When a refinable item is already at the maximum XP for its current tier, attempting to consume more items now properly grays out the target item, rather than silently failing.
Zen Market
  • Clicking on the Zen Market banner now more consistently displays the relevant pane.
  • Coupons once again properly point to the correct categories in the Zen Market.
  • Glory Boosters: Greater Glory Boosters are now marked as Rare quality. Their effect remains unchanged.
  • Glory Boosters: Glory Boosters are now marked as Uncommon quality. Their effect remains unchanged.
  • There is no longer a banner that tells the player that their VIP time is "expiring soon" when the player's VIP status is already inactive.

Stability and Performance
  • More comprehensive measures have been taken against Visual FX related client lockups.

Localization
  • French: Various improvements and fixes have been made to text throughout the game.
  • German: Various improvements and fixes have been made to text throughout the game.
  • Italian: Various improvements and fixes have been made to text throughout the game.
  • Russian: Various improvements and fixes have been made to text throughout the game.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• Options

Good job, terramak with fixing the dusk armor bonus :D

Hehe. As much as I'd love to take credit, it was Asterdahl's fix. I'm just the messenger. ;) Thank you though!
  • Options
    nylatlthesecondnylatlthesecond Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I was wondering if you guys know anything about there not being enough HEs spawning or being active at a time in Fiery Pit. Since it was mostly waiting on another HE spawning, which could take a while.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    It's a good list of fixes.

Stuff I don't see on there that are current big concerns (but probably not complex fixes) and that haven't made it into the Underdark known issue sticky thread either:

Shrunken size of Champion's Armored Bulette.

Incorrect completion conditions for Stronghold cleric mission to run Throne of the Dwarven Gods skirmish; quest resolves from either of Lair of Lostmauth or Shores of Tuern (so I'm told), but not from Throne.

Maybe harder to fix:

Dropping from Demogorgon fight incurs a quitter penalty without warning.

"Today's Feature" doesn't always appear on the Underdark campaign interface, and if content is completed while the feature is blanked out, the expected bonus ichor cache will not be received. Frequently happens on Monday after weekly reset, but seems to come and go unexpectedly at any time. Informal polling indicates that blanking occurs globally when it occurs, not per-player.

Tiamat hoard reclamation level doesn't display properly after Monday quest reset until Thursday server reset, although donations do accumulate behind the scenes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    squallitsquallit Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    You do something with bugs and class balance in pvp?
  • Options
    anim3kanim3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    Nothing change witch "IMPOSSIBLE" Masterwork;(?
  • Options
    marcoparad85marcoparad85 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    Great job thank you!
    Now what about GWF Unstoppable bug?

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Nice list. A few things I'd like to make sure are on the radar:

Mythic Sigil of the Hunter doesn't do any DoT damage when it is used.
    Mythic Aurora's Catalogue doesn't unlock any new potions.
    We need a better way to deal with friend requests. These goldsellers are driving me INSANE. I've had to go invisible on every toon.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Nice list. A few things I'd like to make sure are on the radar:

Mythic Sigil of the Hunter doesn't do any DoT damage when it is used.
    Mythic Aurora's Catalogue doesn't unlock any new potions.
    We need a better way to deal with friend requests. These goldsellers are driving me INSANE. I've had to go invisible on every toon.

Wish they'd make it so that you can't send a friend request if you're not in the same instance as a player. Getting so sick of being the middle of a boss fight and "bddg110022 sent a friend request" pops up.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    and yet not a single word on warlock buff
  • Options
    I checked out the current Spinward mote drop rate for a couple of hours over the weekend. Cleared 34 HEs and came away with 10 motes. If that is "more frequently than expected", then you people's ideas of what should be expected is sadistic, or at least very much based on boring your players into blowing trade bars on wands. I am not unaware of the fact that if I'd been using the wands, I'd be a third of the way done, but I was fortunate enough to find a partner and get a rhythm down so we just bopped around in one instance doing the minor encounters, clearing them only slightly faster than their respawn rate. I wasn't really expecting to team up so I thought I'd get fewer encounters done. Major encounters are emphatically dead in Spinward, so you're pretty well relegated to just the ones you can solo, and duo if you're lucky like I was.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    About the Dwarven King quest line
    The title/achievement "Policing Drunk Orcs" does not seem to be available. Based on the description in the journal of the title one would think the title comes from killing the drunk orc in Chapter 6 but that doesn't work. Can the devs look into this and comment on it?
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I would think a class main mechanic broken (gamebreaking for the class) would be a top priority but apparently not.

GWF Unstoppable broken please fix it so it reliably works.

Thank You for a patch that does have a lot addressed however.
  • Options
    tuncextuncex Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    no recent content translation to Brazil?
    mod 6 and all the powers and OP talents are still in English, please do your job right after you guys are committed to providing the game in our language
  • Options
    eregerogeregerog Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    terramak said:

Throne of the Dwarven Gods: The time elapsed in a given phase no longer has a chance to vary based on server performance.

I assume this targets the bug i mentioned in this thread: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12754421
    If so, i wonder why it is only a fix for TotDG and not PoM?
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Good thing we can now farm broken elemental weapons more effectively. :hushed:
    We noticed the 100% heal was corrected to 50% heal over 30sec without any corresponding patch note (stealth fix, why? psst communication is the foundation of a healthy relationship; even dev-playerbase ones).
    Hope the fixes to the air and earth weapon bonuses are coming soon.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    zeusom said:

*Less* effectively in the case of Air. And I am bullheaded enough that I still want it on my rogue, but apparently I don't want it so badly to feel like marathoning for it before this patch goes live. I is tired.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    zeusom said:

We noticed the 100% heal was corrected to 50% heal over 30sec without any corresponding patch note (stealth fix, why? psst communication is the foundation of a healthy relationship; even dev-playerbase ones).

Thanks for catching the undocumented change here. Adding it to the patch notes.
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    zeusom said:

To reiterate Terramak's sentiment, thank you for catching this. This was my fault, the change was not intended to be stealth, as I had previously discussed that we were tracking this issue on the forum. We are tracking the issue with earthen weapons, and we are aware that the ability on howling weapons is generally viewed as an under-powered utility bonus but we are not currently tracking any bugs with this ability. What in specific are you referring to?

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Currently the Air bonus is not being applied when used by SW/GWF who sprint. it was stated by a dev that the bonus would work on all classes but at the moment it does not.

Here is a thread reporting it back at the end of november

also - the addition you guys made to the patch notes about the heal from the water set being fixed to 50% is not highlighted in blue :)
  • Options
    scathias said:

Currently the Air bonus is not being applied when used by SW/GWF who sprint. it was stated by a dev that the bonus would work on all classes but at the moment it does not.

Here is a thread reporting it back at the end of november

also - the addition you guys made to the patch notes about the heal from the water set being fixed to 50% is not highlighted in blue :)

Hahah, yeah. Since it was in the .0 build that's currently on Preview (and not the .2 that's upcoming), I felt it belonged in grey. Could argue it either way ;)
  • Options
    ah, my mistake then :)
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    scathias said:

I just went ahead and reconfirmed that the effect does activate on Great Weapon Fighter's sprint, however, I can confirm the issue you are citing: currently the effect does not activate on Scourge Warlock's shadowslip.

A report regarding an issue with this power did actually make it into our system, unfortunately it specifically cited Great Weapon Fighters, so when it turned out this power worked fine for them, the issue was resolved. This was an oversight on our part and I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this has caused. The issue will be investigated and resolved, unfortunately it's a bit too late to make it in time for this week's Simril Festival build, but please rest assured this issue will not go unresolved.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    asterdahl said:

To reiterate Terramak's sentiment, thank you for catching this. This was my fault, the change was not intended to be stealth, as I had previously discussed that we were tracking this issue on the forum.

Ok, thank you for clearing that up! Good to know this was simple mistake and not an intended stealth change. The reason I brought it up is because there seems to be a some trend of some unannounced but significant changes - particularly in matters of pvp or things mainly affecting pvp - that were not in the patch notes such as the major unannounced change to how node capping works when mod7 launched Also I have noticed a number of changes to the SW class over months that did not appear in the patch notes (nothing major though).

Unfortunately most of the dedicated pvp community feels as if the NW devs may have "devs may care" attitude towards pvp or towards things mainly affecting pvp. Whether reality or perception, it would be good to relationship could improve. Some of the most dedicated and long term of the player community is pvp oriented.

• Options
    asterdahl said:

scathias said:

I just went ahead and reconfirmed that the effect does activate on Great Weapon Fighter's sprint, however, I can confirm the issue you are citing: currently the effect does not activate on Scourge Warlock's shadowslip.

A report regarding an issue with this power did actually make it into our system, unfortunately it specifically cited Great Weapon Fighters, so when it turned out this power worked fine for them, the issue was resolved.
    Fantastic. I am really glad the SW air weapon bonus will be fixed soon! I hope that SW still has a sprint by then haha - the rumors of SW smooth sprint being replaced with wizard style dodge scare me :neutral: Warlock would lose much of its character without sprint (but the other rumor that the first second of sw shift will be "dodge" sounds good).

The air weapon bonus is short but still a cool utility/mobility value. It was disappointing that the bonus did not work at all. I did submit an in-game bug report on Nov25th and also posted in the bug section (http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1208580/howling-mh-oh-bonus-spinward-does-not-work-for-sw-sprint) but it must have been missed.

• Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    please fix the Hero's Feast bug before we start making them in the Winter's Festival. Or rename them to Neverwinter Commoner's Feast :)
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    A little belatedly, we've got the .2 on Preview now. A .3 version will be coming, but there aren't any player-facing fixes in that one.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    The Snowy Fawn's dice were added, but it still doesn't have Expert Leader and Master Leader passives.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1209442/

Is there some reason that the two fawns are the only leader companions that lack these passives?
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    two30 said:

The Snowy Fawn's dice were added, but it still doesn't have Expert Leader and Master Leader passives.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1209442/

Is there some reason that the two fawns are the only leader companions that lack these passives?

Looks like a bug to me. Won't be able to safely address it for the Winter Festival build, but the report's now in our system.
  • Options
    aidek0aidek0 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    The ability score in character creation (or race respec) are incomplete for the Paladin class. It is not race specific, but only class specific in both character creation and race respec.
    The 3 possible rolls that are missing as far as I am aware, are the ones where INT is 8 or 9.

18 / 13 / 13 / 10 / 10 / 8
    16 / 15 / 13 / 11 / 11 / 9
    16 / 13 / 15 / 11 / 11 / 9

This discussion has been closed.