test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.55.20151123a.3

Comments

• Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    Very good patch notes. Thanks for your work.

But please, recondsider limiting people in one instance (down to 20-25).
    Zerging horde of 40 plp breaks game, couses lags and kills your game.
  • Options
    moradinallfathermoradinallfather Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    izwor said:

Very good patch notes. Thanks for your work.

But please, recondsider limiting people in one instance (down to 20-25).
    Zerging horde of 40 plp breaks game, couses lags and kills your game.

OR revise code/hardware to allow the massive gang in a playable status. In any case, the lag is an extreme buzzkill.

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Now that a cooldown on burning guidance has been implemented, can we please have its damage raised to somewhere between 10 and 20k. The issue with it before is it could be procced far faster then once per second, far faster then 10 times per second, resulting in it simulating dps totals of 100k/second or more. Now that this won't be happening, is it possible to make it impactful and increase it to a reasonable point.

For reference, before the change, burning guidance accounted for roughly 93% of a devotion paladin's dps and made them equivalent to a BiS geared CW, post the change, they going to lose about 80% of that dps and whilst it makes sense for them to not be the same as a dps class, the issue is it now means they effectively have no way of dealing any dps at all, where as a righteous dc can.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

Balors that don't whip, will also not "nae-nae"...

lol I love it!!!
    rayrdan said:

Whats the change to grasping roots?

I'm curious to know this as well, can anyone elaborate on the difference on what GR did before vs what it said it was supposed to do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all very much for a patch and not a reset of the server this week! There are a lot of updates here, some small, some bigger! Keep up the great work!

A few of my thoughts:

The drop rate increase is a welcomed change however I would have been fine with it the way it was as well. I don't believe these weapons were intended to be picked up overnight like some other stuff and would rather it be something that you need to really work for. If you want an easy to get free weapon go see Knox for the offhand and Spinward for your main.
    We need this broken down a little better for us, does feeding fire reward more than one mote now? Do the smaller HEs offer a higher drop rate? Are we counting the faster cooldown AS the better drop rate?

The Grazilaxx could have been swinging around a pink HAMSTER and I wouldn't have noticed lol I look forward to taking a closer look though!

The Death Slaad was a good fix to implement! I'm not entitled to one but those who are deserve their reward. Thank you!

At the end of the day, this was a great patch! Time to get grinding and unwinding!!
  • Options
    estasia1estasia1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
    I'm very glade to see that a lot of the issues are being fixed but still sad that the dev's promise regarding the older dungeons coming back is still not kept. They are missed by all and already exist, why not bring them back as promised?
  • Options
    magilla666magilla666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    How far down on the priority list is fixing Leadership rewards?
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    estasia1 said:

I'm very glade to see that a lot of the issues are being fixed but still sad that the dev's promise regarding the older dungeons coming back is still not kept. They are missed by all and already exist, why not bring them back as promised?

They've already said that's coming in a later module. Not sure why people expect them to pop up in random patches.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    soulbearer1soulbearer1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    Biggest and most important patch will be when I don't have to tell new players in zone chat ...

"Sorry, they removed that dungeon. So, stop spamming the LFG and Zone chat for a group of 5."

At least, the owners of the game should have the decency to inform new players that it's under maintenance or construction.
    Forgotten Realms Forever!
    Thank you, Ed. :D
  • Options
    logarythmlogarythm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    Still no fix for unstoppable. Maybe in next mod -_-

murattti said:

gwf tab power not fixed why .....

Would this possibly be why when I hit TAB other night for like 3min straight I couldnt go unstoppable? Is this a known issue right now?

Yes it is known bug for a long time ,but nobody cares about gwf these days :(
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User

murattti said:

gwf tab power not fixed why .....

Would this possibly be why when I hit TAB other night for like 3min straight I couldnt go unstoppable? Is this a known issue right now?

yes.. for along time.

To re acquire unstoppable, take some damage.. the issue is to figure out how to take it without dying though =)
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Good patch notes. very detailed.

I agree with other comments that Zen store remodelling was not a high priority for players.
    But the move of fashion and many other items into Trade bar store makes logical business sense.

I think Beckylunatic mentioned a corresponding increase in AH demand of previously rare fashion.

I have no data to confirm that, but the great god Economy approves.

As for the bug fixes addressed in this patch... they actually addressed several issues we've been ranting over.

No they didn't fix everything. But some progress here.

Those of us who have played from Mod 1 can attest that Strum and current management are far more responsive to our feedback than the prior administration.

So, this is not a sycophantic "Thank you Mr. Strum Sir".

But a pragmatic...

"Not bad. What else ya got?"
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I think Beckylunatic mentioned a corresponding increase in AH demand of previously rare fashion.

I have no data to confirm that, but the great god Economy approves.

More fashion items are up for sale now than previous times I've looked at them when they were only for Zen. I don't know if there's demand, but there is supply, for sure.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    xariamaxariama Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Okay, now, it's after patch time is over, where is my server? *drums fingers impatiently* :wink: (I kid, I kid.)
    Kelvar Lo'Zakven, 70 Drow Elf Ranger

"Don't underestimate your foe. If you do, you're probably dead." - Kelvar, to Torrence the Strong
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

Now that a cooldown on burning guidance has been implemented, can we please have its damage raised to somewhere between 10 and 20k. The issue with it before is it could be procced far faster then once per second, far faster then 10 times per second, resulting in it simulating dps totals of 100k/second or more. Now that this won't be happening, is it possible to make it impactful and increase it to a reasonable point.

For reference, before the change, burning guidance accounted for roughly 93% of a devotion paladin's dps and made them equivalent to a BiS geared CW, post the change, they going to lose about 80% of that dps and whilst it makes sense for them to not be the same as a dps class, the issue is it now means they effectively have no way of dealing any dps at all, where as a righteous dc can.

It meant my AP healer DC could actually occasionally do a little damage in HEs. I've had issues where I've been in a HE for several minutes and got no credit for it before I got BG.

• Options

How far down on the priority list is fixing Leadership rewards?

There already was a small fix to leadership rewards. It appears that the rewards were tweaked so that they are at the very least escalating rewards now, although the amount of time spent to progress ratio is not really in line with the other crafts. This made sense when AD was a reward, but you can earn everything rewarded by leadership in MUCH less time running quests, making it far less rewarding.

How about something UNIQUE to Leadership, like the other professions? Perhaps being able to use a Merc as a companion for X number of hours (akin to the stable rental horse)? As the leadership rises, the level and duration of this temp companion rises and make the Merc companion a tradeable comodity, something that can be sold on AH just like every other profession has? Perhaps at the highest levels, a leader could recruit non-human mercs, or make them permanent or hogwild both?

An alternate idea is to make leadership rewards that are (or are tradeable for) items needed for Guild advancement...once more, something that would be able to be traded, sold and auctioned.

• Options
    lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    Why in-game chat is offline?
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • Options

Why in-game chat is offline?

Perhaps to stop inane chatter?
  • Options
    lordsilveroaklordsilveroak Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    Chat off line.
    Friend list empty.
    Dusk gear bugged.(no buffs) We paid real money for the dusk gear I sure hope this is being looked at as we wait. Please devas make another comment so we know your reading this.
    Also my guild mates can't log in to arc.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    You seriously thought it was worthwhile to spend time increasing the reward of a skirmish from a meaningless 300AD to a still-meaningless 375 instead of fixing the 7-month-old elven battle vs. thorned roots bug? We continue to be unimpressed.
  • Options
    xariama said:

Laptop's stuck on the Neverwinter screen, chat is down... yep, another typical "patch".

Chat off line.
    Friend list empty.
    Dusk gear bugged.(no buffs) We paid real money for the dusk gear I sure hope this is being looked at as we wait. Please devas make another comment so we know your reading this.
    Also my guild mates can't log in to arc.

Yeah, I hade this issues too. O tried 3, 4 times to get past character selection, enterede Drowned Shore, finished a HE and... game crashed when I tried to get my rewards. I also spent a lot of money in zen, lockboxes keys and Dusk armor and then BUM! game buged again?

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    im stuck at "retrieving lists of maps"
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Burning Guidance needed to be changed, and I say this as someone with a Devo Pally and a DC. Healers should not top Paingiver in a dungeon, and I have done that before on my healadin.

Pallies can still do decent damage while soloing their dailies. I put 1 point in Purifying Fire in the Justice feat tree and use Aura of Solitude while soloing (only use an augment, not an active companion with that aura) and stuff dies plenty fast enough. If you don't go for Aura Gifts in the Light feat tree, then you can put a full 5 points in Purifying Fire and kill stuff even faster. Hint: Radiant Strike puts Purifying Fire on the whole group you're fighting.
  • Options
    "Timeout during login" anyone?
  • Options

"Timeout during login" anyone?

I'm getting "GameServer not found" now :(
  • Options
    themoneymaker#4009 themoneymaker Member Posts: 15 New User
    > @tantrumusmaximus said:
    > gwf tab power not fixed why .....
    >
    >
    >
    > Would this possibly be why when I hit TAB other night for like 3min straight I couldnt go unstoppable? Is this a known issue right now?

It has to do with getting too much temp hp. Usually only happens with a pally around as they make you take no damage ever.. just get hit and you can go into unstoppable again. STUPID bug, seeing how in T2 pve 1 hit can usually 1 hit you lol.
  • Options
    mrsspireamrsspirea Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

im stuck at "retrieving lists of maps"

Yeah me too, this was the fix to freeze.....
  • Options
    themoneymaker#4009 themoneymaker Member Posts: 15 New User
    This was alllllllll on the preview and they just went ahead and made it go live lol. Chat doesn't work at all, AH doesn't work, most can't login, most can't change maps, so you're stuck wherever you were. How is this minor chat problems?! IT WAS ON THE PREVIEW THE ENTIRE TIME! PLAY YOUR GAME
  • Options
    Very interesting. I'm now getting "an error occured while transferring this character to the destination map." when using the Enter World Button. Safe Login button on the popup results in Server not found message.
This discussion has been closed.