test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.55.20151123a.3

Comments

• Options
    isaaciusisaacius Member Posts: 13 Arc User

no offense.. most people dont know three figs what either/or does. Most players who dont /havent played either class, wont know what they are capable of, how they are built, or what they provide teams.

Most groups I know just say healer..

so you haven't noticed people asking for DC in PE and sometimes specifically AP DC.
    even within your own guild? no one asks for AP DC?

I'm just saying, If your class feels like a "convenient choice" rather than sough after you really lose the desire to even try to develop you character. especially for support classes, seeing as you don't even get the gratification from making kills or being difficult to kill.
  • Options
    fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    hey devs ... thx for all the good work and efforts

.. just one thing i believe is really required .. please fix the elven battle enchant its been months ... would really appreciate and so willl many other players who invested in such enchant ..all we want is that it does what the tooltip states as its not (still getting stunned like with any other enchant with thorned roots (bleed to death) and TR smoke bomb)

will this ever happen ? any indication when ?

Thanks again

• Options
    fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Can anyone explain the updated changes to :

1) Oath-bound Paladin ?

2) Hunter Ranger ?

would really appreciate some detailed intelligent feedback

Thanks
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2015

Uh, no. All HR dazes are from roots, i.e. encounters. The only stun (as opposed to daze, whatever the difference is) is from Disruptive Shot, a daily.

You can walk around when dazed, not when stunned. Obviously not if you are also rooted. Root+daze is effectively a stun, since it prevents both movement and activating powers (which rooting by itself does not, except powers that would normally move you).

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    No..

What guild are you in that requires builds ... PE has always been horrendous, don't use that unless you have to.

t1s can be done by any set of group with zero healers/ tanks.

T2s are easier with both .. I will admit that, but Ive done many runs with neither/or just 1 of them.

MAYBE.. at the start of mod 6, you would want the paladin a/p dc, but they are NOT needed, not one bit in todays game.

• Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    good, lost of changes and fixes.
    I really really was hoping for a fix of the foundry review system that has been broken for months and no one can rate them for now though...
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    hydropriesthydropriest Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User

Now that a cooldown on burning guidance has been implemented, can we please have its damage raised to somewhere between 10 and 20k. The issue with it before is it could be procced far faster then once per second, far faster then 10 times per second, resulting in it simulating dps totals of 100k/second or more. Now that this won't be happening, is it possible to make it impactful and increase it to a reasonable point.

For reference, before the change, burning guidance accounted for roughly 93% of a devotion paladin's dps and made them equivalent to a BiS geared CW, post the change, they going to lose about 80% of that dps and whilst it makes sense for them to not be the same as a dps class, the issue is it now means they effectively have no way of dealing any dps at all, where as a righteous dc can.

Keep in mind that a Righteous DC is a specific build that trades in all healing for the ability to deal damage, and that no healing spells save for a few that also deal damage are used in the rotation to maintain high damage, unlike the Justice Devotion exploit that allowed paladins to not touch a single damage ability at all, and yet top the damage with no effort at all. Devotion paladins, even as Justice, are not intended to replace their healing abilities for a more recognized damage role, and they certainly shouldn't be able to be dealing heavy damage by using nothing but healing spells. Righteous clerics don't damage with healing, they damage with damage. There is a very, very big difference between a comparison of those two that shouldn't even be thought about in that aspect. Justice was never a true "DPS" tree.

• Options
    malabogpigfeedermalabogpigfeeder Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Everybody happy with patch, some things are nice, but many things got worse:

"The following Heroic Encounters now have a 25 minute cooldown: Cornered by Crabs, Feeding the Fire, Slaad Invasion.
    Simril Festival event NPCs and decorations no longer show up in Protector's Enclave or the Stronghold while the event is inactive.

The frequency with which epic heroic encounters appear in Spinward Rise, Reclamation Rock, Fiery Pit, and Drowned Shore has been reduced.
    Elemental Seeker’s Wands have been added to the consumables section of the Trade Bar Store for 45 trade bars. These items have four charges that increase the drop rate of motes from minor and major Heroic Encounters in their CORRESPONDING zones to 100% for thirty minutes."

1. Making major HE groups harder to find, filling instances more quickly, more lag, less people actually getting to do it.
    2. Frequêncy drop? Then why the hell did you increase chance of droping motes, so i can finish a HE run to another and it finishes on the way? Minor HE spawn time should be increased, not decreased.
    3. Forcing, by the reasons above p2w players.

Still no classes rebalance, burning guidance wich was one of the main support of OP devotion, they cant buff the same way a DC does so, bad, not bad for the lag tough, anyway, damage from this should be increased.
    I would appreciate you to not read my signature, now that you did, dont do it again.
  • Options
    chrisolliecchrisolliec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    logarythm said:

Still no fix for unstoppable. Maybe in next mod -_-

murattti said:

gwf tab power not fixed why .....

Would this possibly be why when I hit TAB other night for like 3min straight I couldnt go unstoppable? Is this a known issue right now?

Yes it is known bug for a long time ,but nobody cares about gwf these days :(
    Funny. Never had an issue with that. Probably because I changed the keybind for it, due to my playing with the mouse on the left hand.
    "I came from a long gone time, saw many other times...
    But I'm still human."
    Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
    ---
    "I don't like the smell of this."
    Eliza Sandtracker, Hunter Ranger
  • Options
    bump#4754 bump Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    > @djsuperfunx said:
    > hey devs ... thx for all the good work and efforts
    >

I want to 2nd this post and say thanks for the hard work!
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

Uh, no. All HR dazes are from roots, i.e. encounters. The only stun (as opposed to daze, whatever the difference is) is from Disruptive Shot, a daily.

You can walk around when dazed, not when stunned. Obviously not if you are also rooted. Root+daze is effectively a stun, since it prevents both movement and activating powers (which rooting by itself does not, except powers that would normally move you).

Doesn't change the fact that it's not an at-will that 'stuns' as @xavior44 claims. And Disruptive Shot also applies daze affect not stun.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    dragonsbloodsdragonsbloods Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    message on twitter, one more hour to go ... (1400 PST)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Doesn't change the fact that it's not an at-will that 'stuns' as @xavior44 claims. And Disruptive Shot also applies daze affect not stun.
    Nope. I was just answering the question about the difference between a stun and a daze (and a root).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User

Good changes, thank you dev team.

I have some more issues which need to be adressed:

1: Outbound paladin daily, which reduces the dmg from all party members by 100% need to be reduced to 50%, aswell reduce the duration to maximum of 8-10 seconds.
    2. Trickster Rogue need a hard cap at recovery OR a higher cooldown on smokebomb, so they cannot spamm Smokebomb in pvp infinitely.
    3. Scourge Warlocks Daily "Tyrannical Threat" affects sometimes party members and kill them
    4. Bring a HARD CAP for AP Gain, right now with the new Fire Artefact Weapon, the new AP Mount and a good AP DC you can spamm dailies infinitely aswell....

I'm all for nerfing OP but reducing divine protector shielding to 50% might be cruel since they don't have offense buffs. Maybe 75-85% would be more fair.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Wait, how long is divine protector!? I thought it was only a couple seconds.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Looks like they did fix the AD on the dwarven throne...was shocked to get 2600 AD doing it today...so they stealth fixed whatever caused it.
  • Options
    isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    Nerfed Burning Guidance into the ground. Nice time for everyone to get rid of the useless boon.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    HRs shouldn't really despair in pvp, our rotations are so quick an enemy will still have near constant roots on them anyway. 3x root per rotation if all hit.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    However, our base damage is still pathetic.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    grndma2soongrndma2soon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    FIXES??? Still getting only 1 mote from Drowned Shores evil crab HE just having to wait for longer re-spawn. Also, Sharandar now showing 200% complete.
  • Options
    mobydik1969mobydik1969 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Why nerf optank!!!!!! dont forget at the beginning of mod 7 everyone was crying because it was to diffecult,everybody get 1 shot dead, except for the pala he good survive.
    So if the pala get nerfed to the ground,I am sure that the most people cry again.
    There are also players with il 2k.
    And they are very happy with a good tank.
    I have a lot of recovery and a flail snail.
    I can 100% bubble and yess when bubble is gone and I have aggro then I must be very careful otherwise I am died to.

So please stop to complain that the op must be nerfed.

sincerely
    Darkness
  • Options
    rezuron#1946 rezuron Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Is it a joke?
    HEY! FOUNDRY REVIEW SYSTEM!
    What's about it? Still "looking into it"?
    I see a lot of things "fixed" in this patch.
    Hey, but they needed fix because of previous Patch, yeah?
    Well... FRS has been broken for over a month. You have 2 patches? 3 patches in last month? And there is no single fix for us - Foundry Authors. Really? I feel like unwanted newborn...
  • Options
    revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    kreatyve said:

murattti said:

gwf tab power not fixed why .....

I would assume because they are having a hard time nailing down a fix for it. It was hard enough just getting a bug report submitted with full reproduction steps to reproduce it 100% of time.
    The thing is, of what i saw so far, since the release of mod6, they have took care of maybe 10% of the requested issues reported by players.
    The bug with tab for the gwf, is very serious, can make a whole group loose a fight in a hard dungeon or another tough combat, it doesn't happen much during soloing content, but most usually during a boss fight, wich is terribly inconvenient.
    I understand that you guys need to focus on releasing new "content", well, i won't comment on this, but, you've got things to do, i get that, but most of things you've done haven't really been towards the playerbase.
    Hundreds of players ask to be heard and answered about many subjects, and there are hardly any responses from Cryptic/PW about most of hot topics...
    You need to pay more attention to the people playing your game, or you will loose them.

• Options
    deusazzadeusazza Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    the patch seems to break stability on Caer-Konig. whenever I visit the town I experience lag up to the point that my toon is frozen. I would eventually take control but after i'll wait for a long time and opening the map from time to time to get him moving. I also got disconnected when I try to put on the new drow armors dwarven valley.
This discussion has been closed.