Install Arc
Options

[QOL] BoC becomes BoA

124»

Comments

• Options
    dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Yes, All BOC Items should become BOA; where applicable
    I'm sorry, but I'm not sure why you think disallowing people gear will help people to want to compete... No one cares if Joe blow has gear on all their toons, they only care if they themselves have gear

Not to mention if this system existed, it would be easier for devs to make bug and balance fixes by tracking the most popular class that mod and figuring out why.

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    dersidius said:

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure why you think disallowing people gear will help people to want to compete... No one cares if Joe blow has gear on all their toons, they only care if they themselves have gear

Not to mention if this system existed, it would be easier for devs to make bug and balance fixes by tracking the most popular class that mod and figuring out why.

Ah yes, and how does one have the gear themselves? They compete, win glory/tokens and trade for it. But you see, they DO care if Joe Blow has gear on all their toons.... Why? Because better gear helps you be better against the opponent, if Joe Blow has that BtA gear, it makes him BIS and he has a leg up on "people", making the victory not so likely, so the fast glory/token gain not so likely....

And this mythical "bug and balance fixes", what be they? The Dev should have no problems "tracking" the most popular and why class, just call up the logs. Still can't figure out "why" that class is over represented? *gasp* check the forums once and a while....the players tell what the problems are.....

But then, maybe they don't know what a forum class thread is.......

• Options
    mattsacre said:

dersidius said:

Ah yes, and how does one have the gear themselves? They compete, win glory/tokens and trade for it. But you see, they DO care if Joe Blow has gear on all their toons.... Why? Because better gear helps you be better against the opponent, if Joe Blow has that BtA gear, it makes him BIS and he has a leg up on "people", making the victory not so likely, so the fast glory/token gain not so likely....

And this mythical "bug and balance fixes", what be they? The Dev should have no problems "tracking" the most popular and why class, just call up the logs. Still can't figure out "why" that class is over represented? *gasp* check the forums once and a while....the players tell what the problems are.....

At least they'll be able to have more fun playing multiple toons instead of being locked into one class they're no longer having fun wit.

As explained by one of my guild members threads, it takes 5 whole years to grind yourself to BiS given current market values.

Not allowing the complete swap of gear is an atrocity at best.

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User

Right now I transfer weaponenchant , armor enchants, stones from one to the next class

In case I start to switch all my artifacts, compagnions etc. on top...I transfer all?

In that case I would propose just create an all in one character to switch between classes as you please, like skyforge, but that not my kind oft game any more

I think the thread starter added "when applicable".
    What I do not understand is why a RP stone comes in BoC, BoA and NB versions. NB for market, and that is ok. But Why differentiate between BoA and BoC?

I agree that things like companion should STAY BoC. But for bags, RP stones and a few other I don;t see the need for a BoC.

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    l3thin4th said:

Right now I transfer weaponenchant , armor enchants, stones from one to the next class

In case I start to switch all my artifacts, compagnions etc. on top...I transfer all?

In that case I would propose just create an all in one character to switch between classes as you please, like skyforge, but that not my kind oft game any more

I think the thread starter added "when applicable".
    What I do not understand is why a RP stone comes in BoC, BoA and NB versions. NB for market, and that is ok. But Why differentiate between BoA and BoC?

I agree that things like companion should STAY BoC. But for bags, RP stones and a few other I don;t see the need for a BoC.
    no problems with bags ( cryptic's money maker), rp ( agree change boc to boa), mounts ( for the few that arent account wide already), and even companions. artifacts and arti gear should remain bound.
    the "as applicable" tag is too vague to support.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    dersidius said:

mattsacre said:

dersidius said:

At least they'll be able to have more fun playing multiple toons instead of being locked into one class they're no longer having fun wit.

As explained by one of my guild members threads, it takes 5 whole years to grind yourself to BiS given current market values.

That's the problem, it's more fun for them and anyone else can get stuffed.

Who is them? The long term players.
    Who aren't them? All the other players trying to lvl up and progress.
    The only ones arguing for BIS gear being transferable to other toons (who may have never even pvped once) are the haves. All that interests them is its good for them and everyone elses game experience be damned.
    The have nots are the ones trying to experience the game and level, there are far more of them than the haves. So, you are arguing it should all be good that a fewhaves get's to ruin it for all thefar, far more have nots, so long as the haves are having fun.

(Removed real world criminal references - please don't go there. Thanks. ~Zeb)

Post edited by zebular on
  • Options
    mattsacre said:

dersidius said:

mattsacre said:

dersidius said:

The only ones arguing for BIS gear being transferable to other toons (who may have never even pvped once) are the haves. All that interests them is its good for them and everyone elses game experience be damned.
    The have nots are the ones trying to experience the game and level, there are far more of them than the haves. So, you are arguing it should all be good that a fewhaves get's to ruin it for all thefar, far more have nots, so long as the haves are having fun.

Seriously man, few issues are so black and white, this change helps everyone period end of story.

It encourages sales because consumers get tons more use out of their items

the "Havenots" as you call them, can now farm on all toons (some better at pve) and throw them on the toons they want to play.

I'm not sure why you so die-heartedly advocate against this change, but the system as current has been this games model since mod 2, and thats when the game started dying ( not that it was the main reason) but certainly, something has to change.

the "fewnots" that you think are only self seeking have been here from the beginning and by default or the most experienced, don't you think what they say has a very logical backing? there are no fewnots if the server shuts down.

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    HAMSTER that's a grind or drops rarely should obviously be BoA in the first place.

Does it matter if I earn T2 elven gear with a different class? Is it exploitation/broken? Want to earn T2 gear for some DPSers, but groups are usually only needing healers or tanks after DPS roles fill immediately.

I tell you what it is. It's stupid, it wastes your time which the game already does enough of that, and it makes no difference in the end anyway.

Playing more than one char is tough enough, give those people some freakin mercy who actually do so.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User

dersidius said:

Man... The work required to do a new alt has nothing to do with the AD needed (which is currently redundant and trivial) the boons alone... the level grind from 60-70... the man hours put in there coupled with a measly 24k ROUGH AD cap a day is complete nonsense and unless your well off in game with millions at your disposal, secondary alts are a fantasy.

Not that I don't have the AD to cover it, I certainly do, but I've leveled 3 GWF sigils, 5 DC sigils (all to orange or mythic) and it really is starting to get HAMSTER lmao.

Then how do I manage to have 2 similar geared characters that can do every part of the content without spending money? Mythic artifact (gear)? Eff that. There's no need for it. Not going to bother beyond purple, and neither should anyone else. Gear changes way too fast to spend more effort on it and the content doesn't require you to either. You can even make do with blue artifact gear if you absolutely have to.

But back on topic: Complain about the root of your problem then: RP. Support @ironzerg79's suggestion if you like it or come up with your own ideas. But this isn't the way to go about it and Cryptic has absolutely no reason to allow us to move used artifacts around across our account.
    Blue and purple artifact characters have no chance in pvp.

• Options
    To be honest, upon creating this thread, I was completely expecting only trolls to support the blue poll... but now after seeing the voter pool, I'm pretty certain I know why this game continues to die...

The Dev team has made really bad decisions in the past... but it's not really their fault if all they have to listen to is a majority of uneducated players, commenting on this they don't know about

At the very least, it's good to see that a major majority agrees... but it's even more disheartening that theirs people out there that believe the grind amount needed, with the small gain awarded is sane. There needs to be more gain for the hours spent grinding, and I'm not talking about more gear.

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    dersidius said:

The Dev team has made really bad decisions in the past... but it's not really their fault if all they have to listen to is a majority of uneducated players, commenting on this they don't know about

If you look at this thread http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/559195/quick-bens-master-fix-it-to-do-list/p1

A lot of the 'issues' I raised in that thread have been addressed. Some in a great way, some ... not so great =X

I posted it in April (right after Mod6 hit) .. That was the mod people were 'waiting to see' if the game got fixed.. The top priority 'Foundry' and 'Outfitter' were ignored. =X The preview gear screen came.. albeit .. a bit different than I had imagined it.. I imagined it more like, https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/comment/12731280/#Comment_12731280

They also gave us a use for all those currencies (strongholds) and updated the progression to 70 process.. But a lot of people are still clamoring for a solution to the bagspace/rp .. hopefully 1 extra bag slot? .. why not 2? =X

I hope to see what all these 'AD updates' will be. =X

NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    No, The majority of BOC items should not become BOA
    Do you really think this is representative?
    It is ...in exactly one single aspects: It just shows how many BIS or good equipped player are present in forum and focus on their own advantage instead if searching for solutions to solve this geargap that kills PVP.
    It won't change anything especially for PVP and that's what you are focussed on.
    Only thing you get is a shift to more BIS OP's, TR's or DC's, making things even less enjoyable.
    What is the benefit from that?
    Arguing would be fine , in case there are any arguments left?
  • Options
    dersidius said:

mattsacre said:

dersidius said:

mattsacre said:

dersidius said:

Seriously man, few issues are so black and white, this change helps everyone period end of story.

the "Havenots" as you call them, can now farm on all toons (some better at pve) and throw them on the toons they want to play.

I'm not sure why you so die-heartedly advocate against this change, but the system as current has been this games model since mod 2, and thats when the game started dying ( not that it was the main reason) but certainly, something has to change.

the "fewnots" that you think are only self seeking have been here from the beginning and by default or the most experienced, don't you think what they say has a very logical backing? there are no fewnots if the server shuts down.
    You are either deliberately misunderstanding the part I object to or obtuse. I don't object to BtA companions and bags and RP points and enchants and runes and mounts and potions etc. etc. etc.

What I do object to is core gear being anything but BtC . That is: artifacts, off hand items, weapons, necklaces, rings, legs, chest pieces etc etc. currently you can use the class(s) that are near undefeatable (currently people say it's TR/OP) and rack up the currencies needed to get them geared with all the core stuff. Then, if you don't modify that gear with appearance items etc. that changes those items to BtC, you can transfer that gear and have it usable to a alt. That alt may have never even played a PvP match at all! But via the undefeatable characters gear it's instaBIS.

They DELIBERATELY, make seals etc. non-BtA to not let that happen, and yet later on allow you to switch out gear. I have zero objection to the OPed (I would argue they need to balance it if it's OPed) class from earning anything they want, if they come out with a Tac-nuke weapon and the character earned it..fine. But the "other" character didn't earn it, they didn't have to be subjected to the rigors of PvP that the nonhaves are getting to "experience". The alt character being able to be switched to god mode with instaBIS tranfers from the main with BtA rather than it be BtC is just plain wrong. It is quite frankly a poor design and unfair to other game players experience.

The only obtuse persons holding to the core gear should be BtA are those that wish to exploit it (exploit not in the breaking TOS sense, but in the getting a undeserved advantage sense.) I would ask them to walk in the shoes of those that have to face that kind of crud, if the shoe was on the other foot, if the match started with the PvP game stripped them of that stuff and fed it to their opponent and gave what their opponent was forced to wear, would they like that and think it fair?

The BtA core gear being welfare geared to alts is game breaking. If you set up newer players to never have a chance, because at any time they could be matched with some whales, alt instaBIS toon. they will quit queing up. If someone and their goon(s) keep tripping you repeatedly, you get tired of the boorish behavior and remove yourself from that dynamic. It will not ADD to the game, it will just make less players que if they feel set up, that they don't have a shot going in. Would you?

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Since leadership is gone lots if BiS player suffer from not earning enough AD per day to stay BIS
    So 2 mods ahead, if this game still exist , they can't afford staying BiS if not paying lots of dollars or quit their RL job
    So its by sure some kind of desperate try to stay on top, otherwise they would be forced to face the truth...its not only skill, its gear, nothing else
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    mattsacre said:

dersidius said:

mattsacre said:

dersidius said:

mattsacre said:

dersidius said:

You are either deliberately misunderstanding the part I object to or obtuse. I don't object to BtA companions and bags and RP points and enchants and runes and mounts and potions etc. etc. etc.

What I do object to is core gear being anything but BtC . That is: artifacts, off hand items, weapons, necklaces, rings, legs, chest pieces etc etc. currently you can use the class(s) that are near undefeatable (currently people say it's TR/OP) and rack up the currencies needed to get them geared with all the core stuff. Then, if you don't modify that gear with appearance items etc. that changes those items to BtC, you can transfer that gear and have it usable to a alt. That alt may have never even played a PvP match at all! But via the undefeatable characters gear it's instaBIS.

They DELIBERATELY, make seals etc. non-BtA to not let that happen, and yet later on allow you to switch out gear. I have zero objection to the OPed (I would argue they need to balance it if it's OPed) class from earning anything they want, if they come out with a Tac-nuke weapon and the character earned it..fine. But the "other" character didn't earn it, they didn't have to be subjected to the rigors of PvP that the nonhaves are getting to "experience". The alt character being able to be switched to god mode with instaBIS tranfers from the main with BtA rather than it be BtC is just plain wrong. It is quite frankly a poor design and unfair to other game players experience.

The only obtuse persons holding to the core gear should be BtA are those that wish to exploit it (exploit not in the breaking TOS sense, but in the getting a undeserved advantage sense.) I would ask them to walk in the shoes of those that have to face that kind of crud, if the shoe was on the other foot, if the match started with the PvP game stripped them of that stuff and fed it to their opponent and gave what their opponent was forced to wear, would they like that and think it fair?

The BtA core gear being welfare geared to alts is game breaking. If you set up newer players to never have a chance, because at any time they could be matched with some whales, alt instaBIS toon. they will quit queing up. If someone and their goon(s) keep tripping you repeatedly, you get tired of the boorish behavior and remove yourself from that dynamic. It will not ADD to the game, it will just make less players que if they feel set up, that they don't have a shot going in. Would you?

I'd agree if the game wasn't in such a dier situation, my question to use is ... whats the worst of two evils? insta BiS's or a dead game?

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    ultimateblu#0961 ultimateblu Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    yes as a new player, i agree to BoA only or for most things. there can always be exceptions. but essentially, if you earned it, you should get to play with it. and there's only one "you" behind the keyboard no matter what character you are playing, so "you" should be able to access "your" stuff no matter what (with exceptions as there somtimes may be).
  • Options
    beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    Alt army, huh? Hell no.
  • Options
    That's the point you aren't getting, instaBIS is the syringe with the oxygen bubble that makes it DOA. They have the game on life support as it is....why hasten the patient to the great beyond? Maybe if they can get the ambulance to the hospital on time and get the patient on life support they can buy enough time to fix what's wrong and revive the patient.

InstaBIS is the EMT with the death needle, give the Doc a chance would ya? He might pull it off....
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    This is an excellent and much needed space saving and freeing up idea. Think of how many Refining items are both BtA and BtC.
  • Options
    I think we're already at the revival phase and dying , not thr ambulance ride

It's all or nothing now, with the new titles coming out

DERSIDIUS