test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Developer Blog: New Gear Preview Feature

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    We can’t wait to see the streets of Protector’s Enclave filled with fashionable adventurers!
    And we can't wait for Cryptic to start pumping out more fashion items :smile:
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Looks good, something the community has been requesting for a while. Any chance of returning some of the old disused armor sets as purchasable? Perhaps with the TTB rework? Even statless renamed versions would be cool. And how's about looking at the transmute costs, they're definitely on the high side with the recent AD income changes. It would definitely ameliorate some of the discontent that some members of the community have.
  • Options
    seperatefactionseperatefaction Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    i just want to say about time. i am looking forward to it.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I am very much looking forward to this! :D Maybe some of my characters might wear armor instead of fashion items all the time now. :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    For a game that claims to be "gear-focused", there's an awful lack of gear options at high levels. It's basically, get this set, then this set, then this set. This is one of the only complaints I have about the game as in prior modules there were like at least 4 viable options each for PvP focus and non-PvP) at top end to choose from, each with different strengths. Now there are like 2.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    This is good to hear but will be kind of pointless if the prices for transmuting items aren't lowered. It would have cost me 50K AD to transmute each piece of my guild gear. And as much as I hate the look of alliance, elemental alliance and elven gear, paying 200K to keep the look of my guild gear was way too much.

Personally I would remove the AD cost altogether and make it a gold cost of maybe 5 gold for each piece. God knows we need more gold sinks. I mean honestly, what is the point of having over 1k gold if you've got nothing to spend it on.
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Snotty you've only got 1k gold? jeez man what are you blowing it on? WIne women and song? ;)
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    Looks good. I hope that when you rotate your character the light source doesn't also rotate.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    albion1969albion1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    About time we had this option! And I am in agreement with zukn75; would love to have some way to acquire some of the older module armor sets (like the ones that used to drop in Valindra's Tower and Malabog's Castle). Missed out on my GWF's chest piece drop from old Valindra's Tower, but still have the other 3 pieces. Would love to finish the set. And I am wholeheartedly in agreement with the idea of moving transmute costs from ADs to gold. With the changes to the Leadership profession having impacted my AD income options, I find myself much more hesitant to spend precious ADs on fashion these days.
  • Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    Well done on the Preview function. Its a fine "fashion revamp" start.

• Options
    sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Some really interesting functions in there. I like!
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Finally! I've been wanting a tool like this for sooo long :3 I even started writing one for website but found it too time consuming to compile all the images needed, and then it would be almost impossible to match them to every race and physique. Thank you!
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Great !! btw i just finished my looks today :v
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    I'm Really happy about that!
    But PLS bring back all older Gears that have been Removed.

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    fastrean1fastrean1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    "Neverwinter is a gear-focused game. Not only does most of your combat effectiveness come from your equipped items, but they’re also what make your character look cool." Please Don't make me laugh, the enchantment visual effect already override the gear outlook, it is not cool, please re adjust how the visual effect apply or let us able to disable it.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    hrm.

these changes are ... underwhelming.

here's what i made in 10 minutes in mspaint.

This is what we want.

See how easy that is? A checkbox for *how we want to appear to others* .. For all gear/fashion/enchantment effects.
    The 'collections' screen becomes the 'catalog' screen for me to scroll through all the looks and pick the ones that 'define' my character.

We also want this,

Different tabs for powers/gear loadouts.
    A PVE tab with my PVE armor and PVE powers.
    A PVP tab with my PVP armor and PVP powers.

=/

I'll pay 1000 zen for each additional tab. I'll take 1 additional Arsenal tab, and maybe 2 additional Appearance tabs.

3000 zen. =X just for the tabs. Haven't even started paying for the fashion yet.

@badbotlimit @commanderander @yetweallfalldown @panderus @graalx3

I can also mockup an active companions/livery collections catalog screen if you want. ;D
    Post edited by torontodave on
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    Nice!

• Options
    tikielitetikielite Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    It looks good - something I've been wanting and I hope it arrives on the xbox soon as well.

However - there is another thing that needs addressing that goes with this - namely the ability to preserve transmutations. By this I mean the issue with Artifact equipment. You transmute it to look cool, but then at the next expansion you want to feed it to your new BIS and the cool effect is forever lost. There needs to be some way of preserving a transmute when refining gear. A suggested solution is to sell a white, BOP item that can be used to store the transmute. Another way would be a prompt in the refining stage.
  • Options
    soniquetsoniquet Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    two30 said:

Looks good. I hope that when you rotate your character the light source doesn't also rotate.

this please. I hate having to guess what expensive dyes look like on shields and cloaks. Turning the character around in the current Preview screen shows an image too dark to see colors or details. Angling the character to peek at the underside of these items rarely gives an accurate picture of what it will look like on the outside.

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Pity we can no longer get amazing looking sets of gear like the dread legion set and such anymore. There was work done into making them, a shame that the work is basically yanked out of the game. Why it wasn't put on the AD vendor as a special look like the other set that's been on there.

Too many unique looks were lost going into mod 6. That.... and no white dye still. Transmute costs haven't been adjusted yet.

A nice addition to the Zen store would be a new option to unlock all non-weapon class gear for other classes to use as transmutes. Just another way for the Cryptic to make some money and there are plenty of people who would pay for such a thing.
  • Options
    coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User

We can’t wait to see the streets of Protector’s Enclave filled with fashionable adventurers!
    And we can't wait for Cryptic to start pumping out more fashion items :smile:

Hopefully they will dump the transmutation process in favor of skins that are transferable from item to item at no cost once purchased for Zen, AD, or Gold
  • Options
    coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    And the ability to turn on or off weapon and armor enchantment effects
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    about be or looks like a multi class, have some chance to create temporary classes?

something like a dc, walking to the dungeon, find a certain weapon and amor set in a certain dummy, corps, etc. them, for some time, that dc will be another class, pre configured.

is a good chance to give to the players the experience to play more exotic classes that... we dont will have a chance to play.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    zukn75 said:

Snotty you've only got 1k gold? jeez man what are you blowing it on? WIne women and song? ;)

I tend to give gold away to lower lvl guildies or random players and rarely pick up gold or sell stuff anymore.....and yet somehow I keep getting more >.<
  • Options
    peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Me gusta! ...but-
    -you can wait forever if it stays at 50k each piece
  • Options
    inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    Very sweet, looks like a lot of fun, now please lower price on transmutation so we can all go nuts with it (:
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    Yay! Love that this is finally being added to the game. Thank you!
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    soniquet said:

two30 said:

this please. I hate having to guess what expensive dyes look like on shields and cloaks. Turning the character around in the current Preview screen shows an image too dark to see colors or details. Angling the character to peek at the underside of these items rarely gives an accurate picture of what it will look like on the outside.

+infinity.

It boggles the mind that the devs have not been able to address the shadow problem on the change appearance screen after all this time. Hopefully this is fixed with the new feature.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.