What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stronghold - Rewards

124»

Comments

• Options
    eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    I was playing around on preview today, and was somewhat surprised at the stats on the CW dragonflight armor.
    In particular, I found I can't stack crit and power to as high of levels as I can with the elemental alliance armor. (My best attempt is here.) Granted, I do end up with 10k more HP, and substantially higher recovery, but given that I'm comparing mod7-BiS vs. mod6-t1...the dragonflight armor seems a little low. (also note in the comparison, I have 2 major arpen kits on the live equipment, so arpen is skewed up by 400).

For completeness, the resulting stats are here, and a side-by-side comparison I made for dragon-flight vs. my current eq for robes/head/arms/feet is here.

Am I missing something? Will elemental infusion make a huge difference? Or is the theory that Recovery will become a more significant stat for CW in mod7 game play?

Thanks
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    ... or they expect you to get the "missing" stats from Strongholds boons/structures.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    regenerde wrote: »
    ... or they expect you to get the "missing" stats from Strongholds boons/structures.

Well, that will happen with either dragon-flight or or elemental alliance armor. Are other classes in the same boat? does dragon-flight only add non-primary stats for them too?
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Bug:

The set bonuses for the Dragonflight armor do not work.

Not sure if its a bug or I am just looking in the wrong in the wrong spot but with SH at rank 10 I couldn't find the Stronghold Weapon quest.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    eldeskal wrote: »
    regenerde wrote: »

Well, that will happen with either dragon-flight or or elemental alliance armor. Are other classes in the same boat? does dragon-flight only add non-primary stats for them too?
    No idea, but it would be no surprise, if everyone is going to need the boons from guilds in the future.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    Bug:

The set bonuses for the Dragonflight armor do not work.

Not sure if its a bug or I am just looking in the wrong in the wrong spot but with SH at rank 10 I couldn't find the Stronghold Weapon quest.

Hmmm. They're working for CW dragonflight armor. See these screenshots. It is a little weird/unexpected that the "set" can cross the raid/assault boundary. You have to count total number of dragonflight pieces, regardless of whether they're "raid" or "assault".
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Yeah definitely not working as intended for OP Dragonflight.

I get the set's HP but not the 2k extra HP for having 2 of either set. Seeing I have them both 2x its not hard to check and confirm.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    Yeah definitely not working as intended for OP Dragonflight.

I get the set's HP but not the 2k extra HP for having 2 of either set. Seeing I have them both 2x its not hard to check and confirm.

Are you receiving the second set bonus for having three pieces of dragonflight gear overall? It's intentional that both variants—whether that is raid, assault, ward or restoration—contribute to the same set bonus, therefore it's actually impossible (intentionally) to get the two set bonus twice on the same character.

One of the issues we wanted to avoid with set bonuses being reintroduced was not allowing players to mix and match pieces from the different specs of equipment available to them. We realize for instance, that in most cases, players will not need an entire set's worth of armorpen from assault gear, and may want to mix and match.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    asterdahl wrote: »
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    reds351 wrote: »
    Are we going to end up sinking around 50-100 mill AD into a stronghold to let us buy gear only to get it replaced next mod?

Upgrading a guild Stronghold is a long term investment, and I want to respond not only to this particular concern, but many other similar concerns.

We know that a lot of you are worrying that your investment in Strongholds won't be worthwhile, because your equipment will be replaced in Module 8. I can say definitively, that we are not raising the item level cap with Module 8.

Like you said that the Elemental Elven Armor cost is balanced around the fact that it'll remain BiS for a "long time" ?
    For those concerned about the pricing of this equipment and how long this equipment will be useful for: the pricing structure for equipment available via Seals of Protector was designed with the daily bonus reward in mind. In addition, it was designed with the fact that this will be some of the strongest equipment available for some time in mind. While it's certainly not the case that this equipment will be best in slot forever, we will not be raising the level cap again any time soon, so expect this equipment to be useful for quite some time, and when stronger equipment does become available, expect it to be difficult to acquire without already having some of this equipment.

People are indeed frustrated because you keep feeding us misleading information. That's an issue.

I think Obsidiancran3 said it better than I could, but keep in mind that if you have elven gear, you'll be having a much easier time obtaining dragonflight, which is absolutely intentional. I also want to reiterate that not only will it take some time to upgrade your stronghold to the point where you can purchase dragonflight gear, defeating the requisite number of dragons will be both challenging and time consuming.

Additionally, the text you bolded in my original quote is out of context in a discussion about item level. I'm referring in that quote, to the level cap, that is the level of player characters. That was a response to concerns about having to replace all of one's gear in one fell swoop. In this case, an item level increase of 5 item levels does not invalidate your equipment. Elven armor will still be some of the best armor around.
    With the new BIS PVP gears gated behind a new resource - Fallen Banners, which are primarily obtained through Guild vs Guild PVP in Stronghold (if I understand this correctly), would players in smaller and/or PVE-focused guilds be at a disadvantage in PVP come MOD 7?

It is fine if non-PVP guilds take a longer time to unlock these new BIS gears but I envision the road to be painful (akin to Premade vs Pug match in DOM PVP?).

If this widens the Gear gap between players further, I'm worried that it may further shrink the already small PVP community.

Looking forward to some sharing and enlightenment from folks who tested this thus far. Thanks!

As one part of our effort to combat this gap, we're ensuring that teams are still rewarded for trying, even when the outcome of the battle seems bleak. To this end, you'll be rewarded for a close loss, as opposed to only being rewarded if you win.

Um, you DO realize that the bosses in T2 dungeons (that you have to defeat to get the seals you need for Elven gear) are incredibly difficult to defeat? You realize that they're so much so that only 1% of the playerbase can do so? Have you run those dungeons?

[Combat (Self)] Enforcer deals 182534 (153829) Physical Damage to you with Sweep.
    [Combat (Self)] Cutthroat deals 107558 (70719) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Cutthroat deals 110573 (72702) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Traven Blackdagger deals 505298 (827399) Fire Damage to you with Fire Bomb.

Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    fabilaurafabilaura Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    asterdahl said:

Are you receiving the second set bonus for having three pieces of dragonflight gear overall? It's intentional that both variants—whether that is raid, assault, ward or restoration—contribute to the same set bonus, therefore it's actually impossible (intentionally) to get the two set bonus twice on the same character.

One of the issues we wanted to avoid with set bonuses being reintroduced was not allowing players to mix and match pieces from the different specs of equipment available to them. We realize for instance, that in most cases, players will not need an entire set's worth of armorpen from assault gear, and may want to mix and match.

So, if I understood this right, it doesn't matter if we have 2+2, 3+1 or 4 pieces of a type, we'll always receive the same set bonuses (i.e.: 2k HP + 500 Power)? A 2+2 combo won't give us 4k HP, for instance?

And, BTW, are you guys fixing the stats on the CW's Dragonflight armor set??

For sure those stats are wrong, I think someone typed the stats of some other class when they were inserting the armor in the system (as you did with the names a while back), because there's no combination of the Dragonflight that make CWs better off in Crit and Power (major CWs priorities).

Thanks ^^