test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stronghold - Rewards

Comments

• Options
    deireindeirein Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I'm not sure where to put it, but on the way to the Owlbears there's this thing
    8zyqGHe.jpg?1
    However, those kits are not available from the consumables merchant and don't drop from SH enemies (well, didn't drop from the 100 I killed). I suppose those Explorer's Kits are missing.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Or require the unbuildable Market?
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    I checked the market....there's no Explorer Kit. I'm guessing it's gonna be a new skill node thingie in which a Barbarian Gnome gets for free!!! :#
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    BUG: Master of Coins "Good Deal"
    The Master of Coins is offering my GWF a "good deal" on CW Robes.
    cHOuTLV.jpg
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    asterdahl wrote: »
    reds351 wrote: »
    Are we going to end up sinking around 50-100 mill AD into a stronghold to let us buy gear only to get it replaced next mod?

Upgrading a guild Stronghold is a long term investment, and I want to respond not only to this particular concern, but many other similar concerns.

We know that a lot of you are worrying that your investment in Strongholds won't be worthwhile, because your equipment will be replaced in Module 8. I can say definitively, that we are not raising the item level cap with Module 8.

Like you said that the Elemental Elven Armor cost is balanced around the fact that it'll remain BiS for a "long time" ?
    For those concerned about the pricing of this equipment and how long this equipment will be useful for: the pricing structure for equipment available via Seals of Protector was designed with the daily bonus reward in mind. In addition, it was designed with the fact that this will be some of the strongest equipment available for some time in mind. While it's certainly not the case that this equipment will be best in slot forever, we will not be raising the level cap again any time soon, so expect this equipment to be useful for quite some time, and when stronger equipment does become available, expect it to be difficult to acquire without already having some of this equipment.

People are indeed frustrated because you keep feeding us misleading information. That's an issue.
    Post edited by j0shi82 on
  • Options
    cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    I enjoy PVP a lot and all of us know that Gears are a key determinant when it comes to PVP.

With the new BIS PVP gears gated behind a new resource - Fallen Banners, which are primarily obtained through Guild vs Guild PVP in Stronghold (if I understand this correctly), would players in smaller and/or PVE-focused guilds be at a disadvantage in PVP come MOD 7?

It is fine if non-PVP guilds take a longer time to unlock these new BIS gears but I envision the road to be painful (akin to Premade vs Pug match in DOM PVP?).

If this widens the Gear gap between players further, I'm worried that it may further shrink the already small PVP community.

Looking forward to some sharing and enlightenment from folks who tested this thus far. Thanks!
  • Options
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    Are we going to end up sinking around 50-100 mill AD into a stronghold to let us buy gear only to get it replaced next mod?

Upgrading a guild Stronghold is a long term investment, and I want to respond not only to this particular concern, but many other similar concerns.

We know that a lot of you are worrying that your investment in Strongholds won't be worthwhile, because your equipment will be replaced in Module 8. I can say definitively, that we are not raising the item level cap with Module 8.

Like you said that the Elemental Elven Armor cost is balanced around the fact that it'll remain BiS for a "long time" ?
    For those concerned about the pricing of this equipment and how long this equipment will be useful for: the pricing structure for equipment available via Seals of Protector was designed with the daily bonus reward in mind. In addition, it was designed with the fact that this will be some of the strongest equipment available for some time in mind. While it's certainly not the case that this equipment will be best in slot forever, we will not be raising the level cap again any time soon, so expect this equipment to be useful for quite some time, and when stronger equipment does become available, expect it to be difficult to acquire without already having some of this equipment.

People are indeed frustrated because you keep feeding us misleading information. That's an issue.

I think its arguable that they haven't misled you or anyone else. The Elven set will still be a "some of the strongest equipment available" even after this new set becomes available. it just will not be the strongest.

For those of us that are in Elven already, we can start farming the seals to put aside for the new set to get it faster as well. I expect to have enough Protector's seals to pick up a couple of bits of the new armor pretty much the moment it becomes available in my Guild Store on live.

Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    I think its arguable that they haven't misled you or anyone else. The Elven set will still be a "some of the strongest equipment available" even after this new set becomes available. it just will not be the strongest.

For those of us that are in Elven already, we can start farming the seals to put aside for the new set to get it faster as well. I expect to have enough Protector's seals to pick up a couple of bits of the new armor pretty much the moment it becomes available in my Guild Store on live.

I personally don't mind that they introduce a gear upgrade, because I expected them to do so. Also have to say that reading through the comment of asterdahl again, "raising the level cap" might not refer to the item level cap, in which case the information is not as faulty as I initially thought.
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

I think Obsidiancran3 said it better than I could, but keep in mind that if you have elven gear, you'll be having a much easier time obtaining dragonflight, which is absolutely intentional. I also want to reiterate that not only will it take some time to upgrade your stronghold to the point where you can purchase dragonflight gear, defeating the requisite number of dragons will be both challenging and time consuming.

Additionally, the text you bolded in my original quote is out of context in a discussion about item level. I'm referring in that quote, to the level cap, that is the level of player characters. That was a response to concerns about having to replace all of one's gear in one fell swoop. In this case, an item level increase of 5 item levels does not invalidate your equipment. Elven armor will still be some of the best armor around.
    With the new BIS PVP gears gated behind a new resource - Fallen Banners, which are primarily obtained through Guild vs Guild PVP in Stronghold (if I understand this correctly), would players in smaller and/or PVE-focused guilds be at a disadvantage in PVP come MOD 7?

It is fine if non-PVP guilds take a longer time to unlock these new BIS gears but I envision the road to be painful (akin to Premade vs Pug match in DOM PVP?).

If this widens the Gear gap between players further, I'm worried that it may further shrink the already small PVP community.

Looking forward to some sharing and enlightenment from folks who tested this thus far. Thanks!

As one part of our effort to combat this gap, we're ensuring that teams are still rewarded for trying, even when the outcome of the battle seems bleak. To this end, you'll be rewarded for a close loss, as opposed to only being rewarded if you win.

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User

I think Obsidiancran3 said it better than I could, but keep in mind that if you have elven gear, you'll be having a much easier time obtaining dragonflight, which is absolutely intentional. I also want to reiterate that not only will it take some time to upgrade your stronghold to the point where you can purchase dragonflight gear, defeating the requisite number of dragons will be both challenging and time consuming.

Additionally, the text you bolded in my original quote is out of context in a discussion about item level. I'm referring in that quote, to the level cap, that is the level of player characters. That was a response to concerns about having to replace all of one's gear in one fell swoop. In this case, an item level increase of 5 item levels does not invalidate your equipment. Elven armor will still be some of the best armor around.

As one part of our effort to combat this gap, we're ensuring that teams are still rewarded for trying, even when the outcome of the battle seems bleak. To this end, you'll be rewarded for a close loss, as opposed to only being rewarded if you win.

asterdahl,

"would players in smaller and/or PVE-focused guilds be at a disadvantage in PVP come MOD 7?"
    "I'm worried that it may further shrink the already small PVP community."

This is EXACTLY my point in creating this thread: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1194706/feedback-strongholds-participation-time-to-remove-tenacity-as-a-stat/p1

We need to remove tenacity as a STAT on gear. These two points nail this on the HEAD!

1) non-PVP focused guilds have a BIG disadvantage for PVP
    2) This leads to shrinking the already small PVP community

ALL that needs to be done is take the PVP gear, remove tenacity and RE-ALLOCATE those stats back into the PVP gear. If you designed them right, the PVE gear will still be BIS for PVE but this allows ALL players to have a "fighting chance" in PVP. Please read that thread....
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Top PvP guilds vs all other guilds won't be a close loss. It will be a blowout like it is currently on live when a premade pvp guild goes up against anything other than top pvp players. Now you are increasing the amount of people fighting. other guilds have a hard time gearing up 5 players to be able to compete much less 10 or 20.

Please really think about this new currency and the reality of obtaining it. I am forseeing guild vs guild being 3 pvp guilds constantly fighting each other and all other guilds not q'ing.
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Responses from the now closed thread: New artifact weapons/offhands
    zickyjacks wrote: »
    I.E. If you're stronghold is at level 1, you go turn in your gear and get the that set in the level 1 bracket. So on so forth?

The new Stronghold artifact weapons are a long term goal, a prestigious reward for you and your guild to work for. With that in mind, you'll need to reach a certain rank before you can obtain them, there will not be multiple versions appearing at multiple ranks.
    These new artifact items are purchased once your stronghold is up to par. The only question is how hard the second item is to obtain so that you can purchase the new items from the vendor. The first item is received when you recycle your current item.

I don't think it is quite the time to panic unless the additional item needed is super rare.

We will be releasing more information on this as players get closer to the requisite rank required to obtain these weapons. While obtaining such a weapon will be no easy feat, rest assured that the lion's share of the work will be in reaching the required rank.
    cococya wrote: »
    Screw this, I refuse to upgrade my artifact weapons any more, greens forever, it's really not worth it to waste so much time and funds to upgrade them to use for 2 months. fox-6.gif​​

You'll be able to carry over some of your progress from your previous artifact weapon. We know that upgrading artifact weapons takes a huge investment of time and energy, and we are listening, we won't be releasing new artifact weapons without a way to carry that progress over. When you switch to a new artifact weapon, we don't want you to be losing any power.

We'd like to release more information on this soon.

How about bringing back dungeons/adding new ones, bringing lore and not new wepons, grind, dificulty increse? please?
  • Options
    cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User

The impact of Gear Disparity extends beyond Guild vs Guild PVP as missing the BIS PVP gears in DOM/GG PVP will be painful for players in non-PVP guilds, not to mention missing out on potential rewards tied to the next NCL when it's launched (presumably within MOD7).

Extracts from an earlier announcement on Stronghold: "guilds will have to battle against... other players to ensure they maintain control of their lands."

This seem to suggest that when we enter into Guild vs Guild PVP, there some land/resources at stake that we'll stand to lose/risk being destroyed. If this is true, then the proposed solution to "lose our way" to new PVP gears is not a viable one.
    vteasy wrote: »
    Now you are increasing the amount of people fighting. other guilds have a hard time gearing up 5 players to be able to compete much less 10 or 20.

This is exactly my concern too. The fact that these guilds are PVE focused means that most of their members enjoy PVE more than PVP. Even if we managed to convince enough members to participate in the Guild vs Guild PVP, they'll be entering with PVE gears or cheaply obtained blue PVP gears for a couple matches for the fun of it. They're unlikely to stick it out in the long run to help others gather sufficient banners for the new gears.

I'm not being a doomsayer here but this, unfortunately is the harsh reality, that we'll see happening very soon if these concerns are not addressed.

• Options
    balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    How about making our gear RP removable, like we can with enchantments and runes. For example, remove 100k rp, for x amount of gold, and get a token for 100k rp that can be put in another piece of artifact gear or weapons.
  • Options
    deepflight007deepflight007 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2015

You don't have to salvage your current artifact weapon to obtain a new one, it's an option, but if you simply want to start with a new green artifact weapon, that option certainly exists. The current implementation of the Artifact Reforging feature on preview actually made it there by mistake. The NPC was present for internal playtesting, it was cleaned up but that clean up did not make it into the build that went to preview.

Dear Asterdahl,

I'm sorry but we are still very confused on your answer here about the new Artifact Weapon and How we could minimize the lost of all the Refining Points that we put in our (mod6) Artifact Weapon to move it at Legendary level.

Please, make a clear statement to the players community.

The point is, as explained above : We have used up to 4.6M of RPs to upgrade our Weapon to Legendary, and it seems we can only "reuse" that investment to get a new Weapon at Epic (purple one) level (through creating an Essence, Rank 2 from our "old-mod6" Legendary Weapon).

So, if I cannot use anymore my current Legendary Weapon as "Refining Points" equivalent (through 2xRP weekend to maximize this process) THEN I'll be losing around 4M RPs (because the new one will be only at Epic, using my Old Legendary as Essence Rank2, which is only worth 0.57M RPs).

Something is (very) wrong, no ??

Note: To make it crystal clear on my concern
    => 4.6M RPs is equivalent to 93 Stacks of 99xPeridot (or Minor Resonance) which is in price around 93x80K ADs which is 7.4M ADs (at current today price on the Action House). So this is around 126 euros if I'm buying Zen then ADs... OK, I'll not argue that this is my pleasure (or not) to buy instead of farming but still... here, we are saying that after 3 months (eg: average period to have a new mod) these 126 euros are transformed to only 570K ADs (eg: the new Mod7 Arti Weapon that I'll get for my Mod6-Legendary one) which is then around 10 euros.

So, 126 euros invested in game for a BIS Weapon is converted to 10 euros after 3 to 4 months. OK, well done, How would you like to keep a happy Player Base ????

I do hope I made an error somewhere, so please confirm.

Thanks to help me to understand,

One of your player and customer
    Post edited by deepflight007 on
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Feedback - iLvl 125 guild armors (info extracted from Gateway collections)
    While we don't yet know what the cost of these will be in guild marks, they do appear to be fairly accessible in requiring only a rank 2 marketplace, and I wholeheartedly approve of making them account-bound. Also, thank you very much for making "starter" gear that includes overload enchant slots, as being locked out of using these has been an annoyance.

Bug - unstackable overload enchants
    M6's launch patch notes said that overload enchants with no time used would stack. I hear that this feature did work briefly in a preview build, but it still doesn't work on live, and is not working in Strongholds either.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Bug - unstackable overload enchants
    M6's launch patch notes said that overload enchants with no time used would stack. I hear that this feature did work briefly in a preview build, but it still doesn't work on live, and is not working in Strongholds either.

Thanks for reporting this. The new overload enchants coming with Strongholds—marks of the slayer and marks of the ward currently stack to 99. As far as overload enchants, we'll investigate whether this is a change we can make for Strongholds launch.

Post edited by asterdahl on
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    Where can I find more info about the new overload enchants? How and where to obtain, and what does it do
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    jaotut wrote: »
    Where can I find more info about the new overload enchants? How and where to obtain, and what does it do

They should be making an appearance in a future blog post, but if you're on preview, and your guild has constructed a marketplace, you can speak to the gemmonger in the shop to the back and the right when entering from the main gate.
  • Options
    Feedback - Stolen Treasures (putting this here because it's an object, sorry if it's technically more of a structure thing)
    Please consider making these items account-bound instead of character-bound. It would be a good quality of life change and I can't see it being greatly unbalancing. There's a small opportunity to get a few more guild marks on the character of your choosing by consolidating items, but I can't imagine the treasures are worth a large amount considering how frequently they drop. Since you can't do anything with them when their respective coffer is full, they're just inventory clutter that you really don't want to waste. It's irksome, and feels like yet another push towards buying more and bigger bind-to-character bags. Being able to store them more easily when necessary would help alleviate these concerns a great deal.

I do not have the same feeling about the various shards and HE-awarded items because they are specifically earned as opposed to random drops, and appear to be construction chokepoints as opposed to items that may sit at their cap for a long time waiting for another item to be filled.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    They should be making an appearance in a future blog post, but if you're on preview, and your guild has constructed a marketplace, you can speak to the gemmonger in the shop to the back and the right when entering from the main gate.

It seems odd that both early offense boons (Training Yard Rank 1 & Mercenary Outpost Rank 1) are enhancements to overload enchants. Although we don't know the implementation details for these overload enchants yet, I assume that their availability will be limited in a guild's early progression. By contrast, the early Defense and Utility boons don't require overload enchantments and thus provide immediate benefits. It might be worthwhile swapping one or both of the rank 3 offense boons with the rank 1 offense boons.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    You dev guys, you should give rewards for the collection system points, and nobody will complain about a new BIS gear for the next modules.
    Everybody will be happy to make every single set of armor to up their collections score if the rewards are good.
    Problem solved, and by the way you can sell more things related to the zen market for the lazy guys if they want to reach a cap quickly.
  • Options
    Can these be moved from main inventory to the "coins" inventory with the zone and event 'coins'?
    Currently I just don't pick them up because they are too much clutter in my inventory because each type is a different stack.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    adent086adent086 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Could we get some "dungeon shard" mission that involve Skirmishes please? Even if the reward has to be reduced from the 10 it is to say 5? This would allow many of the guild who don't have an hour or more to do a dungeon on any given day to help out with these requirements and build up the stronghold. Thank you.
    Telling us about upcoming content updates, and getting those updates out the door BUG-FREE, is *AWESOME*!! Know what's even *MORE* awesome? Fixing game breaking bugs (and/or undocumented "features") that have been in EXISTING content for months/years!!! Guess which one makes me want to spend money on a game much more than the other? Hint: It's the "more awesome" one.
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Lmao, tipical criptics, a guy makes a post regarding what is hapening and that ya'll are ruining the game, developers ignore it. *slow clap*

• Options
    adent086 wrote: »
    Could we get some "dungeon shard" mission that involve Skirmishes please? Even if the reward has to be reduced from the 10 it is to say 5? This would allow many of the guild who don't have an hour or more to do a dungeon on any given day to help out with these requirements and build up the stronghold. Thank you.

I like this idea. Kessel and Tuern are almost dungeons.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited July 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    • Preview Debugging:There is a new debug NPC located directly next to the guild coffer on guild stronghold maps. By speaking to her you will be able to purchase vouchers, guild marks, and other stronghold related rewards that should assist in the testing of strongholds content. Neither this NPC or the items she sells will be available on LIVE. This NPC is only to assist in testing.

Just wanted to bring the above patch notes from today's preview build to everyone's attention. This should greatly assist in the ability to test rewards on preview. Your continued feedback is appreciated!

Full patch notes: here.
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    ayroux wrote: »
    asterdahl,

Thanks for writing this. Hopefully you will see what I write here.

Feedback on PVE armors:
    I think separating PVE and PVP armors is a BIG mistake to continue. Hear me out please. I have been playing since "module 0" aka Beta. ALL players used to have to run all the PVE content for the BIS pvp gear. With Tenacity introduced there has been a "wall" erected that has permanently separated PVE players from PVP players. The CLOSEST to "removing" this wall we have seen was including tenacity on black ice gear module 3. Guess what happened when the best gear for BOTH PVE and PVP was black ice gear? EVERYONE ran the new content.

As a PVP primarily player, I actually MISS the days of running dungeons. I actaully WANT to run the new PVE content and have a reason for playing this content but why? The main reason I play is PVP focused and PVE gear cant help you at all in PVP.

For this reason I am STRONGLY STRONGLY advocating for a removal of tenacity as a STAT on gear and increasing the "BASE" "PVP resistances" to be 40%. This removes it as a stat to stack and opens up ALL gear types to be used in PVP. If a player wants to now use this new "PVE armor" in PVP go for it! Its viable! I think this will get MORE PVE players running PVP content (Strongholds) as well as more PVP players farming this new PVE gear because the gear ise useful in BOTH game types.

I made a thread specifically about this. I really hope you guys remove tenacity as a STAT from gear and just give all players a "base" equal to the ideal target tenacity % you want players to have (which seems to be about 40-42%). This removes the MASSIVE gear divide that will forever split your player base into two camps. Everytime you make content you have to make DOUBLE the content to give each player the "same" amount. When a PVP map comes out, PVE players complain because they dont care, when a new dungeon comes out PVP players complain because they dont care. Removing this "divide" make it MORE enjoyable and makes more players willing to PLAY the content because they dont need to "redo" their character for PVP or PVE, they can use the same gear, same setup etc.

Here is the thread for more details"
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1194706/feedback-strongholds-participation-time-to-remove-tenacity-as-a-stat

Wow! that's actually a really great idea.
    I'm all hands behind it.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"