test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

thats a lot of seals man.

blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
i ran tos twice. i got 8 seals , and then i looked at how many i need. wow. thats a lot of seals.just sooo many. jeez. i dont wanna run these dungeons that many times.
Post edited by blackxxwolf3 on

Comments

• Options
    translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mod 6 - "Elemental Grinding"

Welcome new players.

Welcome back old players ( who now have gear like newbs ).....
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I won't bother with this kind of seal and sigil grinds. As usual, by the time when you get enough seals and sigils, these armors will be obsolete. Look at the Templar and all the zone T2 sets. You will never get enough sigils and seals before they are being replaced by something better.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I will just endure pvp and hope for wins. I'm not grinding 8 per run for a 600 piece, WHICH IS NOT THE WHOLE SET!
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...and if you want them there will be something on the Zen store to "help" you get them faster.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You're supposed to be getting a Cache of the Protector with a bunch of seals (30? not sure) once a day from the end chest. The Dungeon Master Guide in the Wondrous bazaar can help you check if you've gotten your daily cache.

However, I don't think it's working yet.
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    You're supposed to be getting a Cache of the Protector with a bunch of seals (30? not sure) once a day from the end chest. The Dungeon Master Guide in the Wondrous bazaar can help you check if you've gotten your daily cache.

However, I don't think it's working yet.

Darkstarcrash is correct, you will in fact receive a Cache of the Protector any time you finish a second tier dungeon: Epic Temple of the Spider, Epic Cragmire Crypt or Epic Gray Wolf Den. A Cache of the Protector contains 40 Seals of the Protector and can be earned once a day (or every 18 hours to be precise.)

You can check your availability via the Dungeon Master's Guide in the Wondrous Bazaar at any time. The cache will enter your inventory directly upon defeating the last boss of the dungeon, and must be opened manually to receive the seals. To clarify, if you do not open the cache and run the dungeon again the next day, you will be unable to receive an additional cache, however, your eligibility will not go on cooldown. So if you do happen to forget to open your cache from the previous day, you'll be able to run a dungeon again right away and get your daily cache.

That being said, we are currently investigating reports that players are not receiving their daily cache when completing a dungeon. If this is happening to you, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and ask that you continue to make posts in the thread tracking this issue and be sure to include as much information as possible.

For those concerned about the pricing of this equipment and how long this equipment will be useful for: the pricing structure for equipment available via Seals of Protector was designed with the daily bonus reward in mind. In addition, it was designed with the fact that this will be some of the strongest equipment available for some time in mind. While it's certainly not the case that this equipment will be best in slot forever, we will not be raising the level cap again any time soon, so expect this equipment to be useful for quite some time, and when stronger equipment does become available, expect it to be difficult to acquire without already having some of this equipment.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    asterdahl wrote: »
    Darkstarcrash is correct, you will in fact receive a Cache of the Protector any time you finish a second tier dungeon: Epic Temple of the Spider, Epic Cragmire Crypt or Epic Gray Wolf Den. A Cache of the Protector contains 40 Seals of the Protector and can be earned once a day (or every 18 hours to be precise.)

What about players, particularly the new ones, who can't complete the epic dungeons? It is going to take them a lot of time to gear up before they can earn their first cache.
  • Options
    almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What about players, particularly the new ones, who can't complete the epic dungeons? It is going to take them a lot of time to gear up before they can earn their first cache.

The new players, can read some old guides about the gear aquisition. They are for the old level cap, but alot of those advices are very useful!

For instance, when you reach the cap level, make sure to make use of your Armor Crafting Profession to make some Blue level 70 Equipment or buy it from AH. It will help you alot.

Have fun,
    Almondum.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    almondum wrote: »
    The new players, can read some old guides about the gear aquisition. They are for the old level cap, but alot of those advices are very useful!

For instance, when you reach the cap level, make sure to make use of your Armor Crafting Profession to make some Blue level 70 Equipment or buy it from AH. It will help you alot.

Have fun,
    Almondum.

Do you seriously think players in level 70 blues can complete the "new" level 70 dungeons? Last I checked the LFG channel, the typical message is "3K CW lfg first boss of CN" and 30 minutes later the same guy was still there looking for group.
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Darkstarcrash is correct, you will in fact receive a Cache of the Protector any time you finish a second tier dungeon

Wrong. You don't. Cause either you folks implemented another... unwelcome RNG gate here or it's simply and surprizingly (heh) bugged out. Talk about 5 days of about 100 dungeon runs total and 1(!) T1 cache total. I also completed T2s without that reward and it hurts significantly more to not get the highly sought-after Prot Seals.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mod 6 - "Elemental Grinding"

Welcome new players.

Welcome back old players ( who now have gear like newbs ).....

...if only this were true.

The oldies have (R8-10s notwithstanding) the gear paid with easy-going-time pre-Mod-6 Dragon Fangs.

Newcomers would need that gear to get their hands on those Fangs etc., etc... ...they're royally shafted.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    almondum wrote: »

Have fun,
    Almondum.

how cute. the old "guide" was: "get to 60 and buy a full set of T2 for 40-60k AD from the AH"

new gears are simply ridiculous. 1800 seals for a 4pc set (not including belt neck or rings) even assuming you get the "cache" that's at least 40 fricken clears of the same old dungeons you already got sick of a year ago. and don't even THINK about the black ice set. lol god help you if you didn't already have a few million black ice banked because IWD is now basically impossible for all but the uber-elite. this was all brought up on preview, of course, ignored.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    it was designed with the fact that this will be some of the strongest equipment available for some time in mind.

I mean no offense, but that's what we were lead to believe about Artifact equipment.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm rocking the full eternal set from well of dragons, along with my purple dragon MH + OH

2.4k cw

still haven't finished a single lower tier (1600) .. so I have barely any seals, let alone a daily reward for one. =X

even with dc + gf, things are still hitting too hard.

only the exploiters are completing dungeons (again) with the dc bug.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited April 2015

You can check your availability via the Dungeon Master's Guide in the Wondrous Bazaar at any time. The cache will enter your inventory directly upon defeating the last boss of the dungeon, and must be opened manually to receive the seals. To clarify, if you do not open the cache and run the dungeon again the next day, you will be unable to receive an additional cache, however, your eligibility will not go on cooldown. So if you do happen to forget to open your cache from the previous day, you'll be able to run a dungeon again right away and get your daily cache.

That being said, we are currently investigating reports that players are not receiving their daily cache when completing a dungeon. If this is happening to you, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and ask that you continue to make posts in the thread tracking this issue and be sure to include as much information as possible.

For those concerned about the pricing of this equipment and how long this equipment will be useful for: the pricing structure for equipment available via Seals of Protector was designed with the daily bonus reward in mind. In addition, it was designed with the fact that this will be some of the strongest equipment available for some time in mind. While it's certainly not the case that this equipment will be best in slot forever, we will not be raising the level cap again any time soon, so expect this equipment to be useful for quite some time, and when stronger equipment does become available, expect it to be difficult to acquire without already having some of this equipment.

I guess I dont get why you only get 2 seals on each T2 boss and the set costs like 400-600 per piece. I mean thats what 200-300 boss kills per piece?

Where as you get 10 per boss kill on the T1s?
  • Options
    nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    I guess I dont get why you only get 2 seals on each T2 boss and the set costs like 400-600 per piece. I mean thats what 200-300 boss kills per piece?

Where as you get 10 per boss kill on the T1s?

I don't mind that specifically, but the ratio between cost and benefit is just off. For a CW the upgrade from Alliance to Elven is 800 stat points (2% of whatever) and 5k HP.
    Combine that with the fact that I have yet to see any BoE stuff dropping from the super-hard T2s, contrary to the lightweight T1s.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I mind it. I got a cache once so far. Maybe a month for them to sort it, another month to get geared and then another month to need new gear. Not super.
  • Options
    jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    You don't need exploits to complete 1600 dungeons.
    2000, now , that's another story, dumb design.
  • Options
    schatten097schatten097 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So got to 70, got 1,7k ilvl, started queuing for the lvl70 1,6k dungeons... only to find all day:
    - no tanks
    - partial clears
    - partial groups
    - none finished
    - people were still looking for the same run, I'd queu'd for an hour prior

With the amount of seals necessary, I think that who are just starting out as 70 & trying to do these runs, like myself, it will be some time, before 1,800 seals are acquired to obtain the dungeon set of blue armor, with all these no-clears, due to partial groups falling a part...

I mean I'll keep trying, but, it's a little difficult if the dungeon isn't even able to finish...
  • Options
    jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Focus on VT/Elol for now, you can get the alliance gear in it, bosses/chests.
    I play a tank (paladin) so i never got any issue with queuing :/ i hope your luck gets better.
    First days were really tough tho, i probably wasted 20-30golds in injury kits due to the incredible amount of wipes, first Valindra took us like 10 tries to succeed.... Don't bail out keep going at it :)
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So much whining.

Let me remind everyone that you are not supposed to get good or BiS gear without investing a significant effort in the game.

* Starter gear/newcomers: Your best option propably is to work towards the Eternal gear from WoD. You will need to farm some dragon fangs, but I see people form groups in WoD for the dailies, so that should be possible. You should need 4 weeks or so to farm enough fangs, which is fine since you DO need to level your OH/MH, make higher level enchantments etc also before you are ready for the dungeons. If you expect to be newcomer level 70 and be useful in the dungeons the next day, this is not the game for you.

* Dungeon progression: At least eLoL is doable with Eternal level gear and upgraded artifacts/enchantments. eLoL drops seals as well as straight T1 drops, a few eLoL runs should give you a full T1 armor set, T1 jewelry etc. eLoL runs got a fair failrate at the moment, but that will improve as people gear up. We *are* only one week into the exppansion, I would be disappointed if this was not the case. Make sure you bring a tank(GF or tanky OP) and healer(DC or maybe heal OP?).

* The T1 dropped gear can be upgraded to purple T1 gear by Black Ice crafting. However the entry ticket to this is 75k Black Ice plus 15 Unified Elements, so there is a heavy farming price for being able to do that. However this also will let you upgrade the T2 gear when you get that to the best available gear.

* And then you are ready for T2 dungeons.

And of course you need Artifact gear, Artifacts, rings, enchantments, companions at a corresponding level, most boons done, not just the armor. If you start the game and don't put significant amounts of real money into it, you should need at least 4-5 months of constant play to be T2-ready.

So yes, there is a way to go to be T2 ready. Good job Cryptic, this is the way it should be.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    So got to 70, got 1,7k ilvl, started queuing for the lvl70 1,6k dungeons... only to find all day:
    - no tanks
    - partial clears
    - partial groups
    - none finished
    - people were still looking for the same run, I'd queu'd for an hour prior

With the amount of seals necessary, I think that who are just starting out as 70 & trying to do these runs, like myself, it will be some time, before 1,800 seals are acquired to obtain the dungeon set of blue armor, with all these no-clears, due to partial groups falling a part...

I mean I'll keep trying, but, it's a little difficult if the dungeon isn't even able to finish...

I'll tell you why there are no tanks;

Mods 2 through 5 increasingly marginalised the tank. I've mained a GF since December 2013, but in between that I rolled a GWF or reverted back to my DC so I could at least get in to dungeons. For months the only way a GF got in to a DD was if they needed someone to play NASCAR in Icespire.

So, what we have now is a Mod that explicitly needs a tank but there are not enough tanks around to meet the demand. Furthermore, people that do roll new GFs will be well behind in terms of gear and boons and will struggle to cope with the pressures of being a GF in the new game. As a PVPer I can at least use my seals and glory to purchase solid PVP gear to run dungeons while the uber-elite will get their hands on crafted BI gear. Fresh GFs will be gimped for some time.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    * Starter gear/newcomers: Your best option propably is to work towards the Eternal gear from WoD. You will need to farm some dragon fangs, but I see people form groups in WoD for the dailies, so that should be possible.
    And here is the problem. It should not be necessary to form groups to do dailies. Not ever, in any game, at any time. Period. The fact that this is required just to get starter gear is criminally bad design and will drive away new players. Heck, it will likely drive away existing casuals.

If the purpose of Mod 6 was to reduce NWO to a small game populated only by a handful of hardcore players then this is absolutely the right way to achieve this.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And again the usual whining because you have to invest time in the game to stay competitive... -.-

Just for the protocol:

I now have a 2450 TR (blue Equip from Well of Dragons, new Offhand, Old Main Hand, all enchantments lvl 7) skilled as a marauder (good crwod control, bad in single fights against boss) and a 2350 CW (blue Equip from Well of Dragons, old Main and Offhand) skilled as MoF Renegade.

I had 3 random group runs (Kessel, Epic Crypt, Epic Wolf) with Kessel being unsuccesful (group got kicked out of the game) and the latter two succesful thanks to groups with everyone being between 2300-2600. Each group had a GF, a DC, and a CW. The other two chars varied. In Crypt it was a GWF and I think a Ranger (not sure about that one), the other had my TR and a GWF.

Yes, it was hard, but the amount of deaths have been small considering the cirumstances (random group, no TS). Everyone knew what he or she had to do. The tank tanked, the DC healed and buffed, the rest controlled the battlefield and killed enemies.

So the new dungeons are doable with a good group.

The reason that one player did not get the 3k CW could be, that there aren't so many yet, as that needs equipment which I usually see only on PVP at this time.

The argument about the new players is weak. It is the same as before, when there was not everything to buy on the AH for a small price.

Play the campaign until max level, use what drops and what you get for doing the quests (you get Main and Off Hand Artifactweapons for finishing Spinward Rise and reaching lvl 70), use lvl 5 enchantments that drop and make them lvl 7 with the stones that drop, get companions from events.

Then play the campaigns for the blessings and better quipment (buy it with campaign currency, get it from chests in mini dungeons)

After that do the 1600 skirmishes and dungeons, get better equip. After that do the 2000 dungeons and get even better equip.

And don't say "Its impossible to do the new campaigns without BiS equip), because that is wrong. There are some new players in my guild that had 12-14k GS before Mod6 and they are doing quite fine with the new blue and green equipment and the enchants that drop.

If you can not beat the lvl70 content, and you have made sure that you are already lvl 70 AND have the best at that moment available equipment, then you just need to either tweak your power and skillpoint distribution, change your strategy and/or need some training.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    neirgara wrote: »
    The argument about the new players is weak. It is the same as before, when there was not everything to buy on the AH for a small price.
    Wrong. Before Mod 6 a new player hitting the campaigns did not need a huge hike in HP just to survive dailies. Provided you had progressed your gear as you levelled using quest rewards you were OK to start grinding dailies and upgrading further. Progression was relatively smooth.

In Mod 6 the radical redesign of game mechanics means that old gear does not have the right stat distribution - particularly HP. It's a step change, not a smooth progression. And the gear intended to help this transition can only be obtained by grinding WoD with it's L73 mobs.

Maybe if the Eternal gear could be ground from Sharandar/DR it would be better. But not much.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Wrong. Before Mod 6 a new player hitting the campaigns did not need a huge hike in HP just to survive dailies. Provided you had progressed your gear as you levelled using quest rewards you were OK to start grinding dailies and upgrading further. Progression was relatively smooth.

In Mod 6 the radical redesign of game mechanics means that old gear does not have the right stat distribution - particularly HP. It's a step change, not a smooth progression. And the gear intended to help this transition can only be obtained by grinding WoD with it's L73 mobs.

Maybe if the Eternal gear could be ground from Sharandar/DR it would be better. But not much.

Not wrong. At this moment I do WoD dailies with gear obtainable from the quest campaign. Mostly greens and blues, and the two artifact weapons. I manage quite good with the hit points I actually have. (Only exception are the mini dungeons. But those have been unplayable for some classes before Mod6)

Same with new players I already mentioned.

Though this only counts for GF, TR, CW, HR and GWF. Don't know how it is for DC, OP and SW. (SW seems to be a problem because the class is very squishy, but then I have nearly no experience with playing a Warlock)

The new equipment that is obtainable as drops or through professions does not have as many Hit Points as the Eternal Set, that is right. But is has enough to beat the normal content of WoD.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    any time you finish a second tier dungeon

Ha ha, very funny.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Ha ha, very funny.

Why exactly?
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    New player with lvl70 rares from 3man dungeon will have around 1400 itemlvl. Sharandar takes much more time than before but dailies can be soloed with 1.4k itemlvl. Deadring is a bit harder. Party of 2 might be necessary for the bosses. WoD with lvl73 mobs is very hard, party of 2+ is pretty much required for some quests, not to mention that it takes a lot time.

Imo the system is bad, because before new players will have enough itemlvl to finish current dungeons there will be already new gear and the gear from existing dungeons will be in AH. The progression process on the entry lvl is way too long and too hard. Difficulty should scale in a way where new players can reach the mid game and then join the rest in slow progress to the end game. End game gear shouldnt be easy and that's is perfectly fine, but as it is even the mid game gear is out of range thus spliting the playerbase. Hopefully they will bring back the pvp seals back and give us some for the days where we couldnt acquire them. This would help a bit.