test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stronghold - Rewards

asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
With a new module on the horizon that means new loot! There's nothing like the sight of new loot to stir up some conversation. In an effort to keep things organized, and to ensure that we see as much of your feedback, bug reports and general discussion as possible, we ask that you keep such discussion in this thread.

To that end, any separate threads made to discuss rewards may be closed and conversation redirected to this post. General discussion is welcome in addition to feedback and bugs. We're looking for feedback on everything from new equipment sets, to the overload enchants and food items available in Strongholds. We've also made significant changes to the formatting and contents of collections entries.

As a final note: if you're giving feedback or bug reports, we'd like for you to follow some formatting outlined below, to ensure that we can note and address these issues quickly.

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:
[color=cyan]This text will display in cyan.[/color]
[color=red]This text will display in red.[/color]
Highlight the above block to see the relevant BBCode, apologies for the horrible colors. Perfect World is currently looking into changing these to legible colors.

Examples:
Bug: The icon for Dragonflight Ward Breastplate is a pair of shoes. It probably shouldn't be.

Feedback: I don't like the stats on Lionsmane Executioner's Hood, I want more recovery!

Thank you for taking the time to check out the preview build, and thank you for taking the time to hop on the forums and give us your feedback.
Post edited by asterdahl on

Comments

• instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User

The first couple ranks of structures should have much lower _________ Shard of Power requirements, as people in the Strongholds for the first few days won't be jumping right into everything.. they will be distracted by the huge map and beautiful scenery.. plus, trying to figure everything out.

And/or double the number of shards the Ranger gives out for the "Do 3 Heroics" daily task. I can see the justification for only 10 shards for something most players would be doing anyway (Supporting IWD, DR, etc.), but the heroics are "extra", and players aren't going to realize at first that while yes, there's "something in it for them" with the heroics, on the surface, that's not abundantly clear.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    Response from the now closed thread: New PvP/PvE Armor sets (CW)
    Looked at the paladin version. The stats are pretty much the elven armors boosted up to the new iLevels. And of course, people thinking these armors will be easy to get, well heart breaker time, you will still have to run t2 dungeons because you will need protector seals according to the page to get these armors, along with special items for strongholds, and a t3 barracks.

Concerning sets where the stats are nearly identical to the Elven Armor set, the build currently on preview is still a work in progress, so some of those stats are placeholder. While a piece here or there in certain sets may share its stat distribution with a previous set, please wait for the official launch to be certain which stats you will find on each piece.
    lirithiel wrote: »
    niadan wrote: »
    Bonus for two of a set, for four of a set, or 2 bonuses for two different sets of 2. No 3 of a set bonus.

Check out the posted link. The set clearly says 2 of or 3 of. A typo then?

Not a typo, there is a set bonus for having 2 and 3 pieces of a set, no bonus for 4. In addition, as drkbodhi pointed out above, you will be able to use any 2 or 3 pieces of the Dragonflight or Lionsmane armor to activate their respective set bonuses, regardless of which "spec" the gear is. E.g. you may equip a Dragonflight Ward Breastplate and a Dragonflight Raid Helm and receive the 2 piece bonus.

Limiting set bonuses to to 3 pieces is a decision we made to allow players to continue to use one-off pieces from other sets without feeling like they are being punished, in addition, we would like to make it easier to transfer between sets that offer bonuses. When getting a new piece of awesome gear, we don't want it to rot in your bags until you have completed the set.
    edited July 2015
    Responses from the now closed thread: New artifact weapons/offhands
    zickyjacks wrote: »
    I.E. If you're stronghold is at level 1, you go turn in your gear and get the that set in the level 1 bracket. So on so forth?

The new Stronghold artifact weapons are a long term goal, a prestigious reward for you and your guild to work for. With that in mind, you'll need to reach a certain rank before you can obtain them, there will not be multiple versions appearing at multiple ranks.
    These new artifact items are purchased once your stronghold is up to par. The only question is how hard the second item is to obtain so that you can purchase the new items from the vendor. The first item is received when you recycle your current item.

I don't think it is quite the time to panic unless the additional item needed is super rare.

We will be releasing more information on this as players get closer to the requisite rank required to obtain these weapons. While obtaining such a weapon will be no easy feat, rest assured that the lion's share of the work will be in reaching the required rank.
    cococya wrote: »
    Screw this, I refuse to upgrade my artifact weapons any more, greens forever, it's really not worth it to waste so much time and funds to upgrade them to use for 2 months. fox-6.gif​​

You'll be able to carry over some of your progress from your previous artifact weapon. We know that upgrading artifact weapons takes a huge investment of time and energy, and we are listening, we won't be releasing new artifact weapons without a way to carry that progress over. When you switch to a new artifact weapon, we don't want you to be losing any power.

We'd like to release more information on this soon.
    Responses from the now closed thread: DragonFlight Gear and Seals of the Protector
    That still does not help those people that flat out do not like to run dungeons or PvP.

The new set of guild armor, which is item level 125, is targeted at players who are not necessarily interested in participating in end game, but still want to be able to enjoy more casual content with their guildmates. We plan to continue to release equipment targeted at all brackets of play.

Although this particular set is focused around guilds, you shouldn't expect that there will be no future sets available via other means.
    sangrine wrote: »
    Everyone should warn their guildmates to save Seals of the Protector for strongholds.
    I already did.

While Seals of the Protector will be necessary to obtain dragonflight equipment, obtaining the requisite number of fangs will be the more difficult task in most cases. If more of your guild is outfitted in elven equipment, you will have an easier time defeating more dragons, thus pulling in more fangs.
    panderus wrote: »
    How would you feel if we occasionally had a 2x Seals weekend?

People who miss these events feel cheated because they were unable to participate because of other commitments.

We are looking into easing the restrictions on obtaining Seals of the Protector, though I can't say what the time frame on those adjustments will be. Rest assured that if we were to hold a bonus seals event, it would be in addition to any other changes.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Bug - Tiamat set still missing
    Not a Strongholds bug per se, but one that appears to be carried forward from the current build. Tiamat's Orb of Majesty indicates that it should be part of a set, but the neck and waist are nowhere to be found. Since it is the only set bonus that's particularly aimed at healers, having it missing is a shortfall in the game. But if the set was intentionally not released and never will be, please clean up the Orb's tooltip.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    I dont think using old currencies for new items is good idea. You will give huge advantage for old and hardcore players who dont really need it, because:

- they already have it and will move most of current advantages to next mod.
    - they usually play more so they gonna get these things faster.

New mod should be more of a reset thing for the armor and weapons. Let everybody start from the same spot, those who are active will still get ahead, there's no need to create another gap between new, casual and old players. You should consider using totaly new currncies. I also hope that you wont use any currencies that can be botted (for example gold), because you cant even get rid of all the gold sellers and last thing this game needs is more botters afk farming 24/7.

I would love to see more freedom when it comes to specific stats on the items. Some players prefer different builds and different stats help their play style, while other are useless. Try to create some system which would allow us to replace specific stats on our armors and weapon, like changing Life Steal in to Regeneration, etc.

Most of weapon and armor enchants needs rebalancing or at least cost reduction to improve them. It's fine that enchants are better and some are worse, but it's not fine that worse enchants have the same upgrade cost. This should be adjusted so players will have a choice between cheaper but worse enchants or more expensive and more powerful enchants.

Certain enchants are totaly broken in PvP (like Negation, which cuases insane stalemates). It would be best if you'd release some kind of potion which allow to disable enemy enchants for few sec, with 30-40s cd for balance purposes. This way you wouldnt have to make separate enchant stats for PvE, and PvE playerbase wouldnt complain about getting their items ruined due to PvP.

Give players an option how they want to achieve specific rewards. It's not that we want everything fast and easy, we're willing to spend a lot of time to get specific items, but we'd love to get it while doing activity which we enjoy.

There are players who like gambling, there are those who love farming tons of mobs, there those who love quests, those who like pvp, etc. So basically, the same reward could be available from many different activities. I understand that players will speculate which way is the easiest, shortest, etc, and it might be hard to balance effort required in each activity. However, such system allow players to spend massive amount of time doing specific activity and enjoy it. While current system is very discouraging, because rewards are locked behind specific activities, quests etc. Don't force your playerbase to do something which they don't like, if they like let say pvp, let them have an option to acquire the same reward as players who do specific story line, but for a different cost (like winning 300 pvp matches and gathering 50k glory, etc) This way they can spend the same or even more time playing, but they will be doing something they enjoy, so effort required to get that reward will not feel like a chore.

The same thing could be said about the way rewards come. Not everyone likes RNG, let players have additional option to farm tons of specific quest items and have 100% chance to get that reward.

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I was curious why the shields for GFs and OPs did not have HP on them. So the carryover from past items may explain that.

A weekly quest to get guaranteed materials to make the new armors would I think be the best way to enable even casual players to get the BiS armors.
    A weekly quest to get guaranteed materials to make the new armors would I think be the best way to enable even casual players to get the BiS armors.

I love weekly quests. They're casual-friendly, alt-friendly, and life-friendly, since you have ALL WEEK to get to them.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Yes, they are much better for alt-aholics, casual or people that maybe have 1 day a week that they can play for more than 1-2 hours. Well I have 16 characters, and even if I liked running the dungeons or PvP, there is just no way I would get enough of any of the seals to get each character a full set of the BiS new armor. If there was a weekly quest to obtain them, then slowly over time I would be able to get all of them the best armor.
    Bug - Tiamat set still missing
    Not a Strongholds bug per se, but one that appears to be carried forward from the current build. Tiamat's Orb of Majesty indicates that it should be part of a set, but the neck and waist are nowhere to be found. Since it is the only set bonus that's particularly aimed at healers, having it missing is a shortfall in the game. But if the set was intentionally not released and never will be, please clean up the Orb's tooltip.

I want to thank you for bringing this up, this was a mistake. Both the sash and the amulet will be available from Tiamat with the launch of Module 7.
    Oh fab, thanks for confirming.

Neverwinter Census 2017

I love weekly quests. They're casual-friendly, alt-friendly, and life-friendly, since you have ALL WEEK to get to them.

While I can't say that we have any plans to make a weekly quest available for dragonflight equipment, it will be Bind to Account on Pickup. Whether you want to bring your strongest character, or your guild needs you on a certain class, it won't affect your ability to gear up the character you want to gear.

In addition, casual players will find the new guild armor available for guild marks. No seals or fangs are required for this set. While not as powerful as the Dragonflight set, it will be a strong upgrade for those interested in casual content.

edited July 2015
    mattock13 wrote: »
    Regarding the new equipment, will there be a way for our progress in terms of cubes to carry over? The random nature of the unlocks means that it can be a significant investment lost.

I'd also like to see these unlocks be tracked on the character rather than the item, particularly if Neverwinter is going to continue to replace artifact equipment every module or every other module. While there may be some feeling that the cubes are a necessary and acceptable AD sink, it's incredibly frustrating to do this over and over again, especially when there are so many potential random outcomes. I've ended up unlocking every at-will, and in some cases, every class feature while chasing a specific one more than once. Fortunately for me, I've not felt rich enough to start rolling for improved bonus stats at this time, so now I simply won't. Again. Like the last time. Because I don't mind spending for tangible upgrades, but flushing my money down the toilet really rather upsets me.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    asterdahl wrote: »
    You'll be able to carry over some of your progress from your previous artifact weapon. We know that upgrading artifact weapons takes a huge investment of time and energy, and we are listening, we won't be releasing new artifact weapons without a way to carry that progress over. When you switch to a new artifact weapon, we don't want you to be losing any power.

some....

I bet that means orange will be = blue
  • zeroxiczeroxic Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    orange = purp - same stats but one enchantslot less til its orange again
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    so if orange = purple, I'll lose approx. 80% of my RP that's invested.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    so if orange = purple, I'll lose approx. 80% of my RP that's invested.

Exactly. Refining the weapon on a 2x RP weekend is the better choice: only 20% RP lost. I hope that'll still be possible.

• valikor69valikor69 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I won't play anymore in theses conditions. grinding is not fun, repetable quests are boring after the 3rd... new artifact weapons, new armors, no real improvement, more of the same instead, I'll spend my € elsewhere.
  • skitzopyroskitzopyro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Legendary for Legendary no exception! Not when the RP cost from Green to purple isn't as abysmal as Epic to Legendary

RARE: Level 15, 42,000 RP
    EPIC: Level 35 571,200 RP
    LEGENDARY: Level 60 4,645,200 RP

LOL 4million AP lost? Really guys? Do you even think about what you are doing?
  • MisfitsMisfits Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    I don't really like going doomsayer since a lot can and cannot happen, but i really feel releasing the new mounts (ap gain/arpen) would make an uproar so big NW wont be able to recover. In my opinion, mounts shouldn't be able to give offensive/defensive stats. (They shouldn't even give utility stats imo, but you already started it with the last mount so it's not possible backing out on it. suddenly removing the movement mounts would be wrong too since that would make those who bought them feel bad.)
    Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    While I welcome the idea of trading in your current weapon for a new one of the same rarity (green, blue, purple, legendary) in Mod 7, it still means that I will lose out on bucketloads of RP the closer my weapon is to lvl 60. Currently my OH is lvl 51. If I fail to get it to legendary before Mod 7, I will lose out on millions of RP when I trade it in as I will only receive a lvl 35 weapon in return. That I find unacceptable.

I am disappointed that the devs are continuing with this artifact weapon model. They already made the Weaponsmithing profession completely obsolete since Mod 4. I just feel that I am not making any progress with my weapons. I hardly get it to max lvl before it is replaced by new ones. I'd like to focus on lvling up my artifacts and enchantments but with the amount of RP required to lvl up the weapons, it makes it very hard to get where I want to with my gear without spending a fortune in real-life money, which I refuse to do. I'm not even counting the cloak and belt, which requires the same amount of RP to lvl as the weapons. If the weapons are going to be replaced every few months, I would prefer to see weapons crafted again so I can focus my efforts on lvling up the rest of my artifacts/gear.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    The new Stronghold artifact weapons are a long term goal, a prestigious reward for you and your guild to work for.

You guy say this every time but at this point we all know full well when module 8 comes round the new ones will be trash again. You can't keep pulling the same trick over and over

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

Novel idea but after more of the same in Mods 4-6 I don't expect anything to change with RP investment and artifact equipment. I think you guys hear us but listening is not your strong suite. As long as we're not getting full value for RP invested, only some as you have pointed out, we are indeed losing out not just on power but RP too.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    yeah,helpimblindinrl ...

I bet the mod8 will trash out all mod7 gear again.... so, why bother?

• azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    The new Stronghold artifact weapons are a long term goal, a prestigious reward for you and your guild to work for.

Other than Stronghold and the specific reference to guild, you all have been saying the exact same thing since Artifact Weapons and Gear have been introduced. Why do you all keep pulling the same trick over and over again?

That's cute, it would have been a good idea once, but after similar honeyed words over three or so mods, I don't expect much to change. How is it that you hear only what you want to out of all that we say? Or, you listen, but do not hear and comprehend.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Please, please, please PLEASE...... after this, NO MORE - NO MORE - new artifact main/offhand. I would like, JUST ONCE, to actually get my mainhand to legendary before I am forced to replace it. Twice now I have gotten into the high 40s on my main (actually closing in on 50 currently) only to learn that the next module will make that weapon obsolete. NO MORE. Please. I (and no doubt 100% of the playerbase) beg you.
  • skitzopyroskitzopyro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    I barely got my weapon to legendary as a new player and it took tons of farming. You gave us TWO 2x RP events during this mod. You don't force players to replace items like this. Dropped weapons can be replaced in a few months but not Farmed weapons, this is really poor game design.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    asterdahl,

Thanks for writing this. Hopefully you will see what I write here.

Feedback on PVE armors:
    I think separating PVE and PVP armors is a BIG mistake to continue. Hear me out please. I have been playing since "module 0" aka Beta. ALL players used to have to run all the PVE content for the BIS pvp gear. With Tenacity introduced there has been a "wall" erected that has permanently separated PVE players from PVP players. The CLOSEST to "removing" this wall we have seen was including tenacity on black ice gear module 3. Guess what happened when the best gear for BOTH PVE and PVP was black ice gear? EVERYONE ran the new content.

As a PVP primarily player, I actually MISS the days of running dungeons. I actaully WANT to run the new PVE content and have a reason for playing this content but why? The main reason I play is PVP focused and PVE gear cant help you at all in PVP.

For this reason I am STRONGLY STRONGLY advocating for a removal of tenacity as a STAT on gear and increasing the "BASE" "PVP resistances" to be 40%. This removes it as a stat to stack and opens up ALL gear types to be used in PVP. If a player wants to now use this new "PVE armor" in PVP go for it! Its viable! I think this will get MORE PVE players running PVP content (Strongholds) as well as more PVP players farming this new PVE gear because the gear ise useful in BOTH game types.

I made a thread specifically about this. I really hope you guys remove tenacity as a STAT from gear and just give all players a "base" equal to the ideal target tenacity % you want players to have (which seems to be about 40-42%). This removes the MASSIVE gear divide that will forever split your player base into two camps. Everytime you make content you have to make DOUBLE the content to give each player the "same" amount. When a PVP map comes out, PVE players complain because they dont care, when a new dungeon comes out PVP players complain because they dont care. Removing this "divide" make it MORE enjoyable and makes more players willing to PLAY the content because they dont need to "redo" their character for PVP or PVE, they can use the same gear, same setup etc.

Here is the thread for more details"
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1194706/feedback-strongholds-participation-time-to-remove-tenacity-as-a-stat