test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is grinding your gears about this game currently?

Comments

• codher0codher0 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    My game crashes every 45 minutes! :(
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

Honestly, for me it is how absolutely negative everyone has become.

I think its good, it should weed out all the really negative people and leave the ones who are actually enjoying the game, the changes and the new things to do. For me its an ever changing World which actually costs nothing to be a part of if you just play it and put in a little time.

I say good riddance to all those people and hello to all those still playing, I know there are faaaaaar more than people think as all my Lv70 Purple Shirts/Pants/Rings/Necklaces etc sell really quickly every day still. Also more people still join the game daily, my guild still has new recruits every now and then when people hear about us.

It really makes no difference what the company do to implement changes people will still find something to complain about its just the way of things unfortunately.

If the company need to change things to bring in income to keep the game going, bring more DLC and give us more FREE content then I say change away, change what-ever the heck you like its FREEEEEEEE :)

Although I have put in £10 to the game in support so far as I enjoyed it immensely.... Just wish they would give us the dungeons back to play around with.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • tellistorterratellistorterra Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

I think its good, it should weed out all the really negative people and leave the ones who are actually enjoying the game, the changes and the new things to do. For me its an ever changing World which actually costs nothing to be a part of if you just play it and put in a little time.

I say good riddance to all those people and hello to all those still playing, I know there are faaaaaar more than people think as all my Lv70 Purple Shirts/Pants/Rings/Necklaces etc sell really quickly every day still. Also more people still join the game daily, my guild still has new recruits every now and then when people hear about us.

It really makes no difference what the company do to implement changes people will still find something to complain about its just the way of things unfortunately.

If the company need to change things to bring in income to keep the game going, bring more DLC and give us more FREE content then I say change away, change what-ever the heck you like its FREEEEEEEE :)

Although I have put in £10 to the game in support so far as I enjoyed it immensely.... Just wish they would give us the dungeons back to play around with.
    I.. suddenly have an interest in your guild.. and i agree, with little to no investments into the game, you tend to enjoy it more.

wdj40 said:

I.. suddenly have an interest in your guild.. and i agree, with little to no investments into the game, you tend to enjoy it more.
    If you are serious and are interested in an amazing Guild dude/dudette come and check us out at www.gotwe.boards.net we have many sections including a visitors section if you want to post/join etc. Then we have a special section that only members can see (information and tips etc).

We also have a lot of Guild events (with amazing prizes) and have, in the past, ran events especially for randoms to obtain them gear without the fear of being kicked etc.

Back on topic people just need to slow down and obtain things over time as its still entirely possible. I just really hate the lag, Malabogs Castle for instance is un-playable, just about no-one I know of has been able to get through the immense lag. To get rid of some of the lag before LoL boss is possible by dashboarding, quitting, re-loading then return to instance... But this lag trick only works in some places like LoL and Dread Vault boss when it was around.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • philfyratbagzphilfyratbagz Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    All the above, bar the Xbox UI and dye pack

you need an "all the above" slot
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    It's as cheap as i have seen since i started playing. Simple as that.

I get disconnected everywhere. Usually starting at about 7 pm central time. Tonight it started in iwd, "server not responding" during HEs. Then continued on into ECC and Valindras tower.

The errors vary. Sometimes server not responding. Sometimes instant load to title screen. Once tonight it just froze. No message, nothing. Just frozen
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    really annoying is, when doing PUG, GWF, HR, TR people joins with 1200 ARP and the likes bound to do no damage at all(or very small), what are they thinking, if you ask them why so low ARP they yell at you :/

If you guys need a lift ask your guild I mean srsly.

wtf.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
    I did the dashboard, quit, re-load the return to instance trick, I mentioned earlier in the thread, on the boss of Malabog`s Castle and it did clear up some of the lag which was nice, until he flies back down again then its impossible still due to the lag :(

With a bit of luck and the right team its probably possible to beat it through the lag, I have yet to though even with over 100mil damage.

Also Icewind this morning still as bad, lag just about every where but not as bad as Malabog.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Well It seems apparent the DC'ing is the worst of them all. Also those of you who are commenting on weeding out the whiners, are you DC'ing evry five minutes? Is it taking you over an hour to complete a 30 minute dungeon? How about not being able to complete a single 2x Glory PvP match all weekend due to SERVER NOT RESPONDING. Those of you playing without a hitch there are far better places to comment than here, calling people whiners is comical. The majority of players are having issues even staying online long enough to complete content which can be quite frustrating. I for one wont log on until Tuesdays maintenance is complete and if its still not done (smh) may just give up til strongholds. I love this game through and through and want to be able to play it as it was intended, not in the sorry state it is currently.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS

All the above, bar the Xbox UI and dye pack

you need an "all the above" slot

I figured if and if anyone high up bothered to read this that it would be beneficial to keep the issues separate. I think most all could click all of the above lol.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
    armadeonx said:

For those that missed it, there is a 12 hour downtime next Tuesday for the (reportedly) sole purpose of fixing the server/network. Let's hope they get to the root of the issue (or at least swap out the V.92 modem they appear to be using).

armadeonx said:

For those that missed it, there is a 12 hour downtime next Tuesday for the (reportedly) sole purpose of fixing the server/network. Let's hope they get to the root of the issue (or at least swap out the V.92 modem they appear to be using).

+1

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS

I wonder how that came about? I love this game and the grind as a video game completionist. I just want to play the game without disconnecting. My negativity bares only ill will from having precious play time taken from me. I'll admit I am a paying customer, 30 bucks so far which is cheap compared to many but none the less I have invested in the reality that this game can be so much more than it really is. XONE Beta tester 2.0 for PS4? I think yes.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • sharpassassin1sharpassassin1 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Having certain daily tasks get vultured by other players while you're fighting the mob

Being one shot out of no where only to stand back up and immediately get hit again ruining the point of my soulforged enchant.

Spacing of mobs that causes my companion to agro everything within a 10 mile radius all at once (major issue in sharandar)

Unbound, account bound, and character bound....I don't have enough bag slots for 3 of everything. It would be nice having the ability to combine unbound and bound items if I have no intention of selling them.

Being hit and tracked by enemies while in stealth.....add to that, being hit while dodging an attack

Health potions not working but the cool down timer still kicks in

Traps causing injuries

zman81420 said:

Well It seems apparent the DC'ing is the worst of them all. Also those of you who are commenting on weeding out the whiners, are you DC'ing evry five minutes? Is it taking you over an hour to complete a 30 minute dungeon? How about not being able to complete a single 2x Glory PvP match all weekend due to SERVER NOT RESPONDING. Those of you playing without a hitch there are far better places to comment than here, calling people whiners is comical. The majority of players are having issues even staying online long enough to complete content which can be quite frustrating. I for one wont log on until Tuesdays maintenance is complete and if its still not done (smh) may just give up til strongholds. I love this game through and through and want to be able to play it as it was intended, not in the sorry state it is currently.

Just so you know I agree, I think people who have constant disconnects and really struggle to get a game together are entitled to moan and complain all they like. My weeding out the whiners comment was really aimed at the people who complain OMG AD has changed, OMG Leadership has changed, OMG the game has difficulty etc etc. People with ligit disconnect problems I feel bad for and hope the problems do get fixed soon for them as top priority.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    @sharpassassin1 I've noticed that happens when I try to use the potion immediately after I come out of a roll. You need wait a second for it not to do that. I know it's not great but it's all I've found that will ensure I don't recieve the pot cd bug as a TR.
  • sharpassassin1sharpassassin1 Member Posts: 70 Arc User

@sharpassassin1 I've noticed that happens when I try to use the potion immediately after I come out of a roll. You need wait a second for it not to do that. I know it's not great but it's all I've found that will ensure I don't recieve the pot cd bug as a TR.

Thanks for the tip....it's a tad irritating as i'm generally rolling because i just got nailed and need to escape to heal. Thankfully with a TR there are enough alternative moves to either retreat or evade long enough to heal...it's simply a glitch that has put me in a tough spot on more than one occasion.

Yeah I'm with you. Normally when I'm rolling it's because I'm going to need a potion real soon lol

Just so you know I agree, I think people who have constant disconnects and really struggle to get a game together are entitled to moan and complain all they like. My weeding out the whiners comment was really aimed at the people who complain OMG AD has changed, OMG Leadership has changed, OMG the game has difficulty etc etc. People with ligit disconnect problems I feel bad for and hope the problems do get fixed soon for them as top priority.

Seems I misread your comment. Cheers fellow adventurer!

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    The difficulty of the end-game content. Overpowered enemies, level 72-73 when you're only 70. Impossibly hard campaigns and dungeons.
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+

The difficulty of the end-game content. Overpowered enemies, level 72-73 when you're only 70. Impossibly hard campaigns and dungeons.

None of that is true if you are specced and equipped right, the end-game stuff is supposed to be hard isn't it? Its end-game after all. Once you have some boons, stat points in the right places and Rank 7-8 Runes or above it gets a little easier.

Arrrggg this really gets my goat so I apologise, but really do you want the end game content to be easy? Do you want to complete it within say 1 day? Why would anyone want that... Leave it as it is, force the players to become better and figure out how to survive with ease.

I here Lego are bringing a new game out soon, that is much easier to complete :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    wdj40 said:

None of that is true if you are specced and equipped right, the end-game stuff is supposed to be hard isn't it? Its end-game after all. Once you have some boons, stat points in the right places and Rank 7-8 Runes or above it gets a little easier.

Umm yeah ummm Yes!

Arrrggg this really gets my goat so I apologise, but really do you want the end game content to be easy? Do you want to complete it within say 1 day? Why would anyone want that... Leave it as it is, force the players to become better and figure out how to survive with ease.

Umm yeah ummm No!

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
    Looking forward to this evening, glass of beer and favorite easy chair and of course this F2P game. Now relax as the servers are being maintenance and I am praying I can play for an evening without constant disconnects! Maybe just maybe even find a dye pack to make dat armor POP

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • nickinightnickinight Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    600 Protectors seals for an Eleven Chest piece.
    400 Protectors seal for the remaining.

2 from every boss + 4 if you take the Epic chest and + 40 once a day from the cache.

All the new "end-game" armour and things just seem an eternal grind.

Then, now, they're bringing out another DLC with brand new armour and new PVP armour. Hold up, I haven't even gotten Elven yet or my full Burning.

I refuse to pay real money to get geared out for the game, yet I'm slowly being left behind. Don't even have a Horn of Blasting yet to complete my Lostmauth set.

At least, in mod 5, there was a great time length between that and Mod 6, giving us plenty of time to grind all dungeons, have some fun with Drunken Castle Never on Saturday nights... well that was just me and my friends anyway and the odd poor random having to put up with the constant deaths and going down every single corridor, picking up every single chest/skill node... The good ol' days.

Anyway, fact is, most people either pay-to-win or have enough time to play. I work two jobs, from 9am-10pm. So I guess it's my own fault anyway. Oh real life, such an inconvenience.

The difficulty is actually great. Why? Because now, as my main is a TR, I can Glooming Cut Invis until those Nuclear Bow and Arrow Huntsmen and Archers are no longer. Gives us a reason to not be kicked... but people rage quit because they keep dying. That's hardly the rest of the groups fault, think yourself lucky you weren't kicked for dying! (Although I don't do that.) Even had a Paladin once rage quit because he had to do his job at Healing/Tanking, whatever that Bubble shield is.

Now, injury kits. I could use about 20+ in one Epic Cragmire because the pompous VIPs just love to walk through all them traps, allowing them to hit the rest of us. Thank you there kind Sir. Gotta love that team spirit.

Ultimately, most people will be looking down their noses at my under-geared and underpowered little Countess Myra (TR), and discarding me because I'm unable to keep up. I'm currently levelling up my HR, but eh, the grind all over again...

I'm thinking of leaving. Honestly, all the stuff at once is too much to handle at the moment for a busy person. And I know some of the Xbox Community, they aren't exactly a nice bunch.

I suppose this is a little rant of my own, just getting it out there o:). Can't wait for Fallout 4 and the new Tomb Raider.
    Post edited by nickinight on
    Lvl 70 HR Mistress Fleur | Lvl 70 TR Countess Myra
    1. "Cleric: Protect at all costs.
    2. Rest of Group: Expendable."
    GT= NikkiNight (Looking for new peeps to run ANY dungeons/skirmishes with. GS irrelevant)
  • dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    wdj40 said:

I here Lego are bringing a new game out soon, that is much easier to complete :)

I disagree (and judging by your last sentence you can't really argue as well). I don't want end-game to be easy, I want it to be enjoyable and playable, which it is not at the moment. I have most boons from Tyranny of Dragons and almost all boons from Sharandar, rank 7-8 enchantmens everywhere and the currently best artifact equipment (rare and epic), as well as more than 80 Power Points distributed. Yet I get one-hit killed in epic dungeons, as almost all other players do.

I also disagree with "stat points in the right places". This suggests that only one build is viable for every character class. If this is true then it's bad design. But I don't think it's true. I've fought through this game since day 1, I've completed almost everything it had to offer before, I enjoyed it. I don't enjoy it right now, however. Just look around this forum or anywhere about this game to see why. It's not just me.

And finally, you can't "complete" end-game content. The nature of it (especially in this game) is that you can go at it over and over again every day, completing daily quests without end. That's what keeps us in the game, but if you realize there's nothing you can do or achieve anymore, simply because of the ridiculously overpowered enemies, you'll quit sooner or later.

Just a thought - why are enemies level 72 and level 73 in Dread Ring and Icewind Dale? Why aren't they leveled to your abilities and stats, like the Cult of the Dragon in the Tyranny Campaign? You can't "get better" in this game after hundreds of in-game hours. You already know your role. Your gear can get better, but if you can't get better gear because those dungeons are too hard then it's the devil's circle. Many players see this, only the developers don't. It wouldn't take that much to make the game more accessible and enjoyable, only a small amount of content should be adjusted to be more reasonable. Right now it's not and that's the problem of a lot of us.
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+
    Its a new day, ahhhhhh yawn. Server Not Responding and Hair Pulling shall commence. Nice job on server updates works amazing? Is anyone else still having issues with DC'ing either in open world, dungeons or PvP?

I would like to see post from somebody somewhere sometime about something about what exactly was being serviced yesterday through today.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
    I am happy to say the Disconnecting has halted for me. Thank god! Now what to do with all the missed out 2x Glory from an unplayable game? Just take it on the chin I guess. Is anyone else having issues with servers still?

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • willwheatleywillwheatley Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The grind from level 67-70, after you have completed all of the EE questline. It feels like there needs to be a 5th, and maybe a 6th zone. There is not enough content to finish getting to 70 and grinding giants for hours is boring as hell, especially when you have a lot of characters to get to 70.
    The grind helps you save a pile of gold that will ultimately propel you into affording all of the injury kits you will need :) happy hunting. I just kept on repeating the fire zone over and over. Stack quests all in the same area too makes it go quick. This weekend is 2x XP I believe.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • willwheatleywillwheatley Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    zman81420 said:

The grind helps you save a pile of gold that will ultimately propel you into affording all of the injury kits you will need :) happy hunting. I just kept on repeating the fire zone over and over. Stack quests all in the same area too makes it go quick. This weekend is 2x XP I believe.

VIP made injury kits obsolete - my gold has accumulated so high on all of my accounts and I have no use for it -.-
    Wow, then you have no room to complain lol. Think about everyone whom has not purchased said VIP program. Maybe that advice above is not as helpful for you but possibly help another player then.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS