test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is grinding your gears about this game currently?

zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
edited November 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
This cannot hurt to discuss all in one place. I have read the forums and these seem to be the most back breaking issues i have seen currently.
Lets not forget this was added when Mod 6 dropped, feel free to keep the discussion going on Mod 7 as well. Over a hundred comments is great, and thanks for all the feedback. My hope is for this thread to compile player frustrations in a collective effort and seems to be progressing well. Now a lot has been happening in game and in future announcements lately, LET IT ALL OUT BRUH!
Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
4149 TiL
Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
"Nobody does it better"
#TLO BiS

What is grinding your gears about this game currently? 92 votes

Constant Disconnects?
20% 19 votes
Difficulty running end game content?
17% 16 votes
New DLC under a month away?
7% 7 votes
The gear we are grinding for is less than a month from being obsolete again?
17% 16 votes
Unable to buy anything to progress due to lack of time currency?
18% 17 votes
New Xbox dashboard interface on the fritz?
2% 2 votes
One shot's of destiny?
9% 9 votes
Cant find the right dye pack to make your armor pop?
2% 2 votes
Stamina Glitching at the worst possible time?
4% 4 votes
Post edited by zman81420 on

Comments

• blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    My playing has come to a halt cause of the server not responding every couple mins then disconnects me. i get lucky once in awhile to run a dungeon without a disconnect, but still get server not responding every couple mins.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User

My playing has come to a halt cause of the server not responding every couple mins then disconnects me. i get lucky once in awhile to run a dungeon without a disconnect, but still get server not responding every couple mins.

^^^^^^^^

Just not fun

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
    I see you adventurer's looking, don't be afraid to click the poll. Lets get the ball rolling here to open the way to a positive solution from the Developer. Add on new issues heck I don't care. Get it out on the table! WHATS GRINDING YOUR GEARS, MERICA!

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • dreadkissdreadkiss Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    its so funny people are scared of this dlc..... we already received the big one this one is gonna be amazing cant wait to destroy all the wanna be pvp'ers
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    STREAMING NEVERWINTER DAILY 7:00PM -2:00AM TWITCH ID: MHHAVOC
    LOVE TAKING CHALLENGES COME FIND ME IN I.W.D.
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    Well, you didn't include an "All of the Above" option
    The DLC sounds amazing imo, need to further recruit larger number in our guild to progress properly in the content as I have read. I'm excited for the new DLC but seems like and correct me if I'm wrong here. Imagine a DLC born you take it home love it nourish it and a 2 months later you are blessed with another DLC and just sitting there wtf :# Just trying to figure this first DLC out and now another DLC needing equal if not more attention is here crying needing attention and POOPY DLC DIAPER omg. The large encounters and strongholds DLC PvP does intrigue me! I'm all for new fresh content but the short time span is becoming laughable.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    I would love to have fresh content every month, even if other content stacks up, cause i will have a variety to do when i log in. lol
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• littlevale#6076 littlevale Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    Lack of good dyes! I'm itching for a pure white!

I'm kinda meh about the whole GMoP price drop soooo soon after dumping almost all of my diamonds into the double refinement weekend, but I know how to make currency in the game and am confident that my income is solid.

I am feeling a little overwhelmed by all of the new content simply because my family had an unexpected medical emergency, so my cleric is behind on leveling. I am so excited for Strongholds though...I can't wait!
  • rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Very biased poll

Btw armor is not obsolete in a month.

In one month its technically in game, but on strongholds realease its 28 days build time to reach merchant area to rank 4. Under absolute prestine conditions. So its practical to say most wont be getting new gear for 2 AND a half to 3 months
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    1. Too much content at once. I'm overwhelmed and it affects my work-life balance.
    2. Lack of communication from GMs - unlike on PC side of the game.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    The casual friendly nature while giving those with more 'free time,' enough content appeared to be genius initially. Guess that was just luck
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Btw I'm not a casual, but a populated world is necessary to keep a mmo interesting.
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    My favorite is when I start a PVP match and cap the second node, kill a guy, and start to flank back around only to have the server not respond and then kick me, making me wait until my 30 minute ban is up. Good times.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    What's "grinds my gears" is the constant servers not responding and disconnects.
    They really need to fix the f****** dungeon lag as well! Other then that, it's all good ;)
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    Put all that time and effort into a guild just to get kicked out and have it all wasted...... this is what will 'grind peoples gears' the most soon.

But hey Fallout 4, BO3, Battlefront I do not think the current way this game is going can compete against those, the game needs fixing bugs/lag/glitches/difficulty progression, it does not need more content thrown at it with more bugs/lag/glitches/difficulty progression.

I personally do not think Icewind dale should have launched at same time as sharander and dread ring, should have released a bit later.

On a plus note I love the look of the new areas.

Funny how after doing the new leadership profession and getting rid of the AD farmers that the servers seem to be worse, I thought less players would mean better response from servers hahaha

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    They need to fix the ui on Xbox, make it look like on PC, I mean why has the loot roll window be soooooo big? Make it look like on PC, Xbox looks like HAMSTER in comparison. I will stop buying zen until something changes ui wise.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    dreadkiss said:

its so funny people are scared of this dlc..... we already received the big one this one is gonna be amazing cant wait to destroy all the wanna be pvp'ers

A lot of the playerbase don't like pvp at all and only do the minimum for the AD - but we all know that pvp is 20% what you can do and 80% what you wear so it's really just a game of 'my shirt is better than your shirt'.

I actually like pvp a lot of the time even though my gear is not top end but the fun disappears when pugs come up against organised, fully geared pvp teams.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    armadeonx said:

dreadkiss said:

but we all know that pvp is 20% what you can do and 80% what you wear so it's really just a game of 'my shirt is better than your shirt'.
    I usually agree with you but you're completely wrong. I'm vastly under geared and even ran with no Tenacity for a long time and I was successful. Of course my tenacity is up this mod but hell I have one enchantment that is an R8, the rest are all waiting to be refined and I don't have the full Lost set. No legendary or Mythic artifacts and I run with some of the best PVP'ers in the game. No amount of gear will help a bad player. It only enhances a capable one.
    Ah don't go ruining a funny comment with reasoning - lol

lol
  • theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    NW has brought me a lot of entertainment the last six months, but at the same time the game is just terribly broken, terribly optimized and there's so many illogical choices when it comes to design, acknowledging PC-XBOX differences and over all balance when it comes to economy, drops, items in lockboxes and so on. Anyhow. So much to say, but i keep it short.

- The game is still poorly optimized. You can almost count the frames with the bare eye. The 15 fps that drops to 5 fps during slightly crowded events. It's totally unworthy a console game. The hardest enemy in Neverwinter is the frame rate with all surprises it brings.

- The AD removal from Leadership. Wow... Just wow... That was a blow to the stomach and a extended middle finger close to the face. That made me lose 80% of my interest in this game and for the moment i'm just leveling up the Black Ice profession, mostly just by curiosity. After that i will probably remove myself from this game more and more.
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
    Guild: Ruthless
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    The economy is not dead. Zen is at all time low for me. That's bad for p2p. And it means that people are spending money like crazy on this game.

What made zen so expensive before was all the leadership armies and crazy grinding that f2p were doing.

But too the op. Disconnects are really bugging me. I also dont like to know that i just spent all this time grinding to find out that before I'm finish it's going to be replaced. Makes it feel like what's the point. So the news about the mod got my vote.
    Again, having a great PVP match and all of a sudden I'm kicked. Sign back in and I'm banned for 30 minutes. Now that's HAMSTER BS.
  • icepicknickicepicknick Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    You know what would be cool? Is if they took less of the money from the zen market sales for salaries and put it into fixing their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> servers.. That'd be pretty cool - That's what really grinds my gears.
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    I am pretty sure they are (at least attempting) fixing their servers, it can get pretty annoying from time to time but nothing to bad. They will do what they can to fix the problem.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
    For those that missed it, there is a 12 hour downtime next Tuesday for the (reportedly) sole purpose of fixing the server/network. Let's hope they get to the root of the issue (or at least swap out the V.92 modem they appear to be using).

• wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Two things unfortunately have really gotten to me lately, do not get me wrong I still plan on playing. They are also the cause of my Guild shrinking from 150 to 120 players fairly recently.

1. The lag is terrible, I ran through Icewind earlier on my own to do a couple of quests, rubber-banding all over the place and it was totally impossible to dodge half the time. You get hit seconds after it actually happened and sometimes you cant even tell you are being hit... Its really bad and even worse in dungeons.
    2. The lack of Dungeons is a big turn off, my Guild used to love running through them just to earn gear for our members etc at all sorts of levels, that has all but been removed really and most of them cant be run until you are level 70 which is a huge task for new players now. I fear too much PvE co-op content has been removed for now.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

The economy is not dead. Zen is at all time low for me. That's bad for p2p. And it means that people are spending money like crazy on this game.

What made zen so expensive before was all the leadership armies and crazy grinding that f2p were doing.

But too the op. Disconnects are really bugging me. I also dont like to know that i just spent all this time grinding to find out that before I'm finish it's going to be replaced. Makes it feel like what's the point. So the news about the mod got my vote.

Zen has pretty much never been "expensive" in the ADX on the XB1, so not sure what you mean?

Any rate below 250AD/Zen is considered on the low side, if you take the given variables into account.

Also, is it just me that every other day has a horrible lag in Dread Ring?
    I notice it in other places too, IWD is also kinda bad, but Dread Ring is by far the worst for me.
  • tellistorterratellistorterra Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Currently nothing is annoying me with the game. It's a F2P game that i only invested $5into (since i had a spare 5 at the time after buying a different game on sale).
    I'm just use to it
  • msbegotngirlmsbegotngirl Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Honestly, for me it is how absolutely negative everyone has become.