Install Arc
Options

Introducing the VIP Program

123457»

Comments

• Options
    erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    eldeskal wrote: »
    You know what, scratch that. People have proposed such diverse rewards, and like 90% of them are fantastic ideas for certain situations, but not others.

Can you give us a choice and a control panel to pick the active rewards that are relevant to our play style? (like the strongholds boons?)

Ideally they will simply keep adding VIP ranks. Obviously 12 was chosen because that is the number of months in a year, but each year they could add another 12 ranks so that there are 24, or 36, or more ranks of VIP. They can continue to add more and more features to keep people wanting to increase their rank.

I wasn't super impressed with the rewards, but I liked the idea that if I bought a month of VIP it would permanently increase my VIP rank so that I would be a higher rank if I ever bought more VIP in the future. Once I hit rank 12 a lot of my motivation to purchase VIP will be gone because additional purchases will no longer permanently improve my character (and that is what I was really paying for).
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    You know what, scratch that. People have proposed such diverse rewards, and like 90% of them are fantastic ideas for certain situations, but not others.

Can you give us a choice and a control panel to pick the active rewards that are relevant to our play style? (like the strongholds boons?)

Ideally they will simply keep adding VIP ranks. Obviously 12 was chosen because that is the number of months in a year, but each year they could add another 12 ranks so that there are 24, or 36, or more ranks of VIP. They can continue to add more and more features to keep people wanting to increase their rank.

I wasn't super impressed with the rewards, but I liked the idea that if I bought a month of VIP it would permanently increase my VIP rank so that I would be a higher rank if I ever bought more VIP in the future. Once I hit rank 12 a lot of my motivation to purchase VIP will be gone because additional purchases will no longer permanently improve my character (and that is what I was really paying for).

Hmmm! What is the "permanently" improvement? As far as I know there is no "permanently" improvement. After you VIP expires (not paying), these benefit are gone from your account. You will need to go back to camp fire to pray, no instant mail box, ...
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    plasticbat wrote: »
    erethizon1 wrote: »

Hmmm! What is the "permanently" improvement? As far as I know there is no "permanently" improvement. After you VIP expires (not paying), these benefit are gone from your account. You will need to go back to camp fire to pray, no instant mail box, ...

The permanent improvement I am referring to is the permanent increase in VIP rank. If someone buys 6 months of VIP, then takes 2 years off and comes back and buys another 6 months of VIP, he will have more benefits than someone that just bought their first 6 months of VIP because his rank was permanently improved when he bought VIP the first time. I realize you have to currently be under the effects of VIP to benefit from the previous ranks you purchased, but those ranks are always there and thus are something I consider to be a permanent improvement.

It's a lot like idle companion slots. I don't have many companions and thus purchasing additional idle companion slots does not really benefit me, but I still consider purchasing them to be a permanent improvement for my character even though they do nothing for me. VIP rank is the same way. Once I reach level 12 VIP rank it will always be there (though not always be active) and I can always benefit from it in the future should I choose to purchase more VIP (just like the idle companion slots will always be there to benefit me should I ever decide to acquire a ton of new companions).

That said, I won't be purchasing any more VIP until they fix the bug that prevents my character from getting his daily rewards (along with many other benefits). If they don't do something to fix that, I will never progress pass 1 rank of VIP.
  • Options
    rock9000rock9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2015

(You can't pay your rent or bills with AD :P)

Anyone can, selling 1mil AD to 14$
    And a rank 12 VIP dodn't need botting, just reselling what came from wond. bazaar
    That's why VIP *stinks*
  • Options
    cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    And what is wrong with that even non vips get benefits from this...GMOPs 20% cheaper since VIP program release.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I have all these bound ID scrolls! Please improve the Stronghold coffer interface, so I can easily donate all these green items!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Would be nice to see some more improvements to ViP...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    Needs some work now that some benefits are either less relevant or straight up removed.