test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Marks of Potency Pricing Changes

Comments

• Options
    luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    I think this is a fantastic change. Thank you for listening. Only criticism I would have is that if you had announced this at the same time as the AD changes I think people would have been less angry - and as always putting an exact date on changes would be good.
    Now I'm hoping you follow through and make leadership make sense again (in terms of its structure)
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    If you're using it as intended, then use it -- enchantments still need GMoPs until the change goes in.

I bought a stack of 10 off the AH myself, still have a few in the bank -- so I'll use them now.

Since I bought them with AD mostly earned with leadership, it seems fair that I paid old prices -- but they're still useful to me, even if the price goes down after.
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    Some people might like this, but that doesn't make up for the lack of any way to make AD in the game anymore. I am not spending all my time in game just running dungeons or skirmishes and NOTHING else just to make a measly sum of AD. These changes are not even remotely close to what you need to do to help players make AD in the game. Especially the people that don't have hours upon hours to play every single day. At the rate AD is made as you put it, playing the game, most people still aren't going to be able to afford to level anything up, let alone those new superior marks. Which by the way wasn't even needed.
    Instead of introducing new and completely unnecessary overly priced items in the game, why don't you fix the EXTREMELY PRESSING matter of making AD in the game in order to afford the new and completely unnecessary overly priced items you are introducing. This change doesn't help if we can't make AD in the game without having to run dungeon/skirmishes/pvp the whole darn time while in game and do nothing else.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    regenerde said:

It's not that i don't want to run dungeons, but that i can't run them without having some barf bag right next to my Notebook.
    Not to mention, that my group would have vote kicked me anyway, with kissing the floor every few minutes. And i'm not that kind of person, that just hangs back and let the other do the work for him.

I'm not into PvP either, which leaves only some skirmishes for some rAD... and that is by far not enough to make 24k rAD per day within some reasonable amount of time.

Therefore, as allready mentioned, it would be nice to see Stronghold Vouchers in the place of rAD in Leadership.
    And it would also be nice to see some rAD rewarded for playing campaign quests.

Remember that you can get the 3k AD for the first two dungeons by running normal 3-man dungeons. Run nToS twice in 15 or 20 minutes -- you shouldn't have much lag problems with that one. I wouldn't suggest running it more than that, since the bonus pool of AD is based on the dungeon difficulty.

• Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    Oh God, I feel my friends who had 500+ GMOPS stacked... hahaha. RIP
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    sabiwensabiwen Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    With the data we've been given, here is a basic idea of what it will cost to make rank 8 through rank 12:

Rank 8: 64,932
    Rank 9: 190,012
    Rank 10: 466,966
    Rank 11: 715,849
    Rank 12: 1,182,702

This is based on about a .04 cost ratio for RP and a P.Ward about 3700AD.
  • Options
    okeepheokeephe Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    "If they compensate the people who started using GMOPs as currency for their lack of foresight, then I want the 20 or so GMOPs I used last 2xRP to upgrade my enchants - in fact, I want it all back for all the enchants I upgraded. Makes about as much sense."

Exactly, you don't think they timed this move right after a 2xRP weekend on purpose, knowing full well that a LOT of enchant upgrading went on?
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    OH! I need a ton of Greater Marks of Union. Those are still far too rare
    despite my constantly running Dread Ring.

Put the original Marks back in Dread Ring, please!

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    kenvogg wrote: »
    This is nothing short of theft, pure and simple...

Unbelievable. Lowering a price is stealing from you.
    Sure, that makes sense...​​
  • Options
    psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    So, despite reducing the cost of GMOP's by 75%, you only reduce the cost to Upgrade Ranks 11's by 60% and Rank 12's by 20% in AD prices.

Beggars can't be choosers. :-(
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    obsiddia said:

OH! I need a ton of Greater Marks of Union. Those are still far too rare
    despite my constantly running Dread Ring.

Put the original Marks back in Dread Ring, please!

So true. Lots of popular artifacts like the DC sigil and Lostmeal horn needs Union. On all my four toons, 2/4 artifacts are Union.
  • Options
    dairiuschi3dairiuschi3 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    This was a huge step in the right direction, next thing I'd like addressed is the AD from dungeons- namely it's inconsistency. Even when running the same dungeon twice in a row, with roughly the same time spent, one run can get ~3700 while another can get ~1400, ensuring that all players walked over the boss to pick up their AD.

This is still pretty troublesome as Dungeons were my main source of income beforehand, takes a bit longer without dungeon hour but I was willing to give it a go since I actually enjoy them... maybe not the same double-dungeon across all toons, switch it up a little. But when 2 runs yields less than 6k AD with my supposed VIP bonus? It does not garner much confidence... the old system was easy; 3000 AD for quest, 3000 for hour, VIP 15% is easy to calculate from that. With the almost random-seeming AD from dungeons I can't be sure if I'm really receiving the benefit I've been told I'm getting...

But yeah, this GMOP thing? Huge boost to morale, I was holding out- my main complaint was how the value of AD was going 'up', or possibly the value of Zen was going down, while many of the fixed-price items weren't moving. This changes a lot, since the economy seems to run on 4 types of currency: Gold, AD, Zen, and GMOPs.
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    So, despite reducing the cost of GMOP's by 75%, you only reduce the cost to Upgrade Ranks 11's by 60% and Rank 12's by 20% in AD prices.

Beggars can't be choosers. :-(
    It's a 20% reduction from Rank 11 to Rank 12, but a 58% reduction in the total cost from Rank 7 to Rank 12.​​
  • Options
    vangiggsyvangiggsy Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    @Soltasword

Goatshark has said they are looking into other ways to implement AD for other content.
  • Options
    marsambassadormarsambassador Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Well, I really got to say that anybody who is clueless enough to spend millions on GMOPs this past week with the massive upheaval and uncertainty in regards to the economy simply should have known better. I mean seriously, what were you thinking? Most people are sitting on AD like their lives depend on it, waiting to see what happens here.
  • Options
    marsambassadormarsambassador Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    goatshark: as a primarily solo/story/campaign player, I'd love to see small amounts of AD drop from every quest, AD drop from monsters like black ice in Kessel and an escalating amount awarded when we level. If it's truly meant to be a currency of time, I would like to see small amounts coming from everything I do, which would reasonably add up over the course of a play session.
  • Options
    givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    this is great change but it leaves out one of the biggest hinderances to upgradeing the marks are only half the equation what about a price drop in wards with the ridiculously low success rate you basicly have to have a col ward or you just fail and thos are still 10 bucks each or 400 to 500k ad with the reduced rate the marks are the least of my concerns in last 2 months I have gotten one from my invoke bags that's it rest have to be paid for with large amount of ad or cash its insane
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    Impressed. Step in the right direction thank you.
  • Options
    qildaenqildaen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    If you buy a new TV, then it goes on sale for half price the next week, the store did not steal from you. That's life. Probably a lot more loss in potential savings on the TV, too. Sure hope so...

It sucks, I know. Some stores give you the savings if it was recent enough, which is great customer service. If not, that still doesn't make them thieves or bad actors....just not great.

For the hoarders, that's the risk you take. Nothing's set in stone, especially in an online game economy. If they closed down the game, like so many MMO's have in the past, everything is lost.

This AD situation hasn't been handled well, but I'm glad to see steps being taken. I'm still holding off putting more cash into the game until things get better.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    qildaen said:

If you buy a new TV, then it goes on sale for half price the next week, the store did not steal from you. That's life. Probably a lot more loss in potential savings on the TV, too. Sure hope so...

It sucks, I know. Some stores give you the savings if it was recent enough, which is great customer service. If not, that still doesn't make them thieves or bad actors....just not great.

For the hoarders, that's the risk you take. Nothing's set in stone, especially in an online game economy. If they closed down the game, like so many MMO's have in the past, everything is lost.

This AD situation hasn't been handled well, but I'm glad to see steps being taken. I'm still holding off putting more cash into the game until things get better.

Bad example for analogy but we get your point.

In here, if the TV is on sale for half price next week, you get the money back. :)
    In fact, a lot of people buy the TV this week, knowingly, it will be on sale next week so that they know they can get one for the low price for sure. In the worst case, they can refund it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    okeepheokeephe Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    "If you buy a new TV, then it goes on sale for half price the next week, the store did not steal from you"

No, but if they don't refund me the difference I never shop there again. Same goes here.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited September 2015

this is great change but it leaves out one of the biggest hinderances to upgradeing the marks are only half the equation what about a price drop in wards with the ridiculously low success rate you basicly have to have a col ward or you just fail and thos are still 10 bucks each or 400 to 500k ad with the reduced rate the marks are the least of my concerns in last 2 months I have gotten one from my invoke bags that's it rest have to be paid for with large amount of ad or cash its insane

Not sure when you would need a C-ward. I use C-ward for 1% chance only. The next lowest I have tried was 10% and I just use P-ward. I used less than 15 P-ward in total to upgrade 3 Artifacts to Orange. I have not have a chance to try 3% or 5%.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    I guess this was another hit at botters who stacked gmops though several players got hit as well. The problem with the game however is NOT AD, it never was. Its the continued flow of people moving away from the non-existent content and the non existent management. NW for PC became the beta testing for XBOX. Its been 2.5 years and the same old content is recycled to the point of pure disgust. However its brand new for the XBOX players so they are re-living these last 2.5 years with almost all the flaws and mistakes just a little bit calibrated. So i guess now we have 2-3 people working for the well being of the NW PC version and the rest are focused on XBOX. So we are practically the Preview server for XBOX with NO REAL ATTENTION from cryptic for our gaming needs. Add the horrendous management who only care about money without ANY vision or love about this game and you have a nice rotten stew served for the months to come. Like someone said a few days ago, this game BEGS to escape from Cryptic's claws so it may have a chance to be taken care of as it SHOULD. There are TENS OF THOUSANDS of people who LOVE Dungeons n Dragons, who LOVE the idea of Neverwinter Online and we all need someone to take care of our LOVE not step on it and crush it cause they dont know how to handle it. Enough with this mockery. And i m not bashing at developers this time cause that is something ABOVE them, they are just the minions of the greater evil this company is to this franchise.
  • Options
    dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I think we all might agree that next re-evaluation thing which should be done are the Stronghold AD costs. Many people pointed out on those (although much less commonly than they pointed on GMoP).

As aandre said: Much needs to be done. We still know that bots and stockholders actually gain and gain on AD value and in theory those AD need to be dried out to actually balance anything (though I admit having no idea on that besides bot hunt. I would leave legitimate stockholders - they might be rich, might have 100mil+ AD stored, but they did it legally and should not be punished by any means)

Nonetheless it's positive to see that not anymore 90% of active players seem to be raging. Game content once again became much more doable and fact that many times suggested (also by me XD) 70~80% cut was accepted (besides 12ranks but I admit: those are BiS and devs need to eat as well so some money pouring would be needed for them :P ) is a bliss..

Game still does not encourage prolonged activity/loyalty in any way but at least it does not seem like never-ending grind or P2W once changes will be enrolled. That all should agree is a good thing.
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Great news, and great timing, I'm just at the stage of upgrading 10s to 11s. Thanks guys.

Now, about that mythic vanguards banner stats fix.... y'know, the whole 500 bonus rather than the tooltip 1996... I know I know, broken record...
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    goatshark said:

As a reminder, we are currently investigating AD sources for players who don't want to run queued content.

How about as one source, allow people that took all the time to level Leadership to earn AD again, but applying one of the many suggestions to limit AD to actually-played characters rather than leadership armies.

You have completely satisfied the players that did not invest in leadership, but left those that did invest in leadership still quite upset.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    qildaen said:

If you buy a new TV, then it goes on sale for half price the next week, the store did not steal from you. That's life. Probably a lot more loss in potential savings on the TV, too.

Most stores where I live will give you a price adjustment in that situation, because they realize it's more important to have a long-term customer. They would rather delight the customer and have them be loyal for life, than upset the customer.

Important lesson there.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Let's admit it, there are two camps of people commenting here
    • People that invested heavily in leadership and profited from it.
    • People that didn't
    The people that didn't invest just got exactly what they wanted with this change, and are happy. To them, the other group are nothing but "complainers" and "whiners".

Try and understand the other group's point of view. If lots of those players leave (continuing a trend), your game will be a lot less fun to play, and Cryptic will feel the need to turn the P2W screws to keep paying salaries.

This discussion has been closed.