test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Marks of Potency Pricing Changes

Comments

• schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    goatshark said:

With the recent changes to the AD economy, we are going to be reducing the cost on a few items in the Wondrous Bazaar, and adding a new item.

• Marks of Potency will be reduced from 25k AD to 6k AD
    • Greater Marks of Potency will be reduced from 100k AD to 25k AD
    • *NEW* Superior Marks of Potency will be priced at 100k AD
    In addition, we are changing some of the upgrade requirements on higher end Enchantments and Runestones. Weapon and Armor Enhancement gems will not be changed at this time.
    • Going from Rank 10->11 will now cost 2 Superior Marks of Potency, instead of 5 Greater Marks of Potency
    • Going from Rank 11->12 will now cost 4 Superior Marks of Potency, instead of 5 Greater Marks of Potency
    We are reviewing all of the locations Greater Marks of Potency drop/reward in the game, and are swapping those for Superior Marks where appropriate.

These changes will be going live very soon. Once they’re live and we can monitor performance for a bit, we will re-evaluate and see if further changes are necessary. As an FYI, we are continuing to monitor ALL Astral Diamond costs/performance/etc. as we work to balance this economy. Thank you for your patience.

Scott Shicoff
    Lead Designer

Awesome this will draw back some huge nuber of playes i am sure.

thnx

There a 2 things need to be changed 1 SH ad srink and respec all other things are just cosmetic .

GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Thank you. This is a well thought out first step at dealing with the new situation.
    :smile:
    Next: solo AD, other sinks like companion upgrades and fixing leadership to make sense?
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    teatew said:

You could do what I did before I become a paying customer, run blacklake skrishmish during the skrishish time and get the AD

There is no skirmish time anymore. And I fail to see how mindlessly farming Blacklake is a viable solution. It just seems to be exchanging one type of mindless farming for another. And in this new mindset, not something that will remain untouched.

• gwalaplothgwalaploth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    sabiwen said:

I am surprised at how fast you guys did this. This is a good change, and I am looking forward to more.

It should all have been part of the initial modification.
  • sifudragonussifudragonus Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Scott,

This is definitely a start in the right direction and appreciated. I was pleasantly surprised at how quick your team made adjustments and I look forward to what else you have in store for the balance changes.

One suggestions would be increasing the drop rate for the "Haarl's Treatise on Dragonkind" and other tomes or reducing the AD cost for the key to get a chance at these. In this new economy 10K to craft the Mystic key and 20K for the Arcane key burn through more than my daily 24K limit if I manage to get that in a given day. I've run the skirmish and dungeon for this 10 times each and haven't got the drop. It really is starting to feel like a bottleneck for character progression.
  • sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited September 2015

So, any ideas yet on how solo players can generate AD? The new prices are nice, but if a players generation rate is zero, any price is meaningless.

Exactly my point. All this did was reduce the price of a 20 Million dollar mansion to 10 Million when people are making minimum wage.

ALL AD sinks need to go or be reduced by at least 80%.

It boggles my mind that this has restored peoples faith.

All those sinks were introduced at a time when you could run DK or T2 dungeons and earn 500K to 1M a week minimum doing content.
  • tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    hats off to you, Scott :smile:
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    This a good start - thank you for listening.

Now about those dungeons... I feel like Castle Never is getting lonely?
  • teatewteatew Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User

teatew said:

You could do what I did before I become a paying customer, run blacklake skrishmish during the skrishish time and get the AD

There is no skirmish time anymore. And I fail to see how mindlessly farming Blacklake is a viable solution. It just seems to be exchanging one type of mindless farming for another. And in this new mindset, not something that will remain untouched.

You asked how a casual player could get AD now. I wasn't saying it was mindless, I was just stating that was an option (or at least it was until the last patch/mod)... haven't actually played the game in about 2 weeks now.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User

One suggestions would be increasing the drop rate for the "Haarl's Treatise on Dragonkind" and other tomes or reducing the AD cost for the key to get a chance at these. In this new economy 10K to craft the Mystic key and 20K for the Arcane key burn through more than my daily 24K limit if I manage to get that in a given day. I've run the skirmish and dungeon for this 10 times each and haven't got the drop. It really is starting to feel like a bottleneck for character progression.

Breyer's falls in LoL, and is a fairly common drop -- so just buy it off the AH for under 1k AD (look in the Miscellaneous category).

Haarl's comes from SoT, which is not run as much as back in Mod 5, so the AH price is around 100k -- which might still be cheaper than what you have spent on making keys.

An alternative, grindy method to get either book is through the ToD store: 50k AD, 100 dragon sigils, 100 cult secrets, 100 dragon coins. Obviously, cheaper to buy Breyer's from the AH.

• archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    One step in the right direction.

However, that does not make up for the 5 steps in the wrong direction. You're still a little off course so keep making these positive moves and our faith in the developers will start to be restored.

Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    In this end this is still a slap to the face. 200k to upgrade one artifact to legendary. With the new stat curves you have no choice but to get em that high to yield any benefit. The superior marks should have been priced at 50k.

Haha, this is ridiculous when I look at it now. I still need 800k per character for the artifacts alone, not mentioning the weapon chants....

All this did was make rank 8-10 azures n' HAMSTER cheaper which will still be costly as hell because of the stupid duplicate enchant requirement.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    This is surprisingly welcome news, but a lot of huge AD sinks remain to be drastically reduced or eliminated. Thanks for the step in the right direction.
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Real reason behind this change, there was a huge pile of gmops being used as currency, and now they're worth 1/4 of what they were.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    teatew said:

You asked how a casual player could get AD now. I wasn't saying it was mindless, I was just stating that was an option (or at least it was until the last patch/mod)... haven't actually played the game in about 2 weeks now.

I asked, not so I could find new ways to further exploit the game. But simply because Scott said ways to generate AD for the solo player would be forthcomming. I was hoping to get a response to that.
  • goatsharkgoatshark Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Some additional notes:
    • Artifacts are not changing material needs to upgrade. That is, they will still use Greater Marks of Potency (GMoPs). This makes it significantly cheaper to upgrade artifacts.
    • All gems (Enchantments, Runestones, Weapon, and Armor Enhancements) will require Superior Marks of Potency (SMoPs) to upgrade from 10->12. Because of their power increase, it will still cost the same to rank a Weapon or Armor Enhancement from 10->12. All of the ranks prior to (and leading up to) 10 will benefit from the GMoP price reduction.
    • As mentioned in the original post, Enchantments and Runestones are now 40% cheaper to upgrade from 10-12, and Weapon/Armor Enhancements will cost the same as before.
  • phrendonphrendon Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Thank you for hearing my plea. Now if you could look at Leadership profession and make adjustments so that higher level tasks truely are more rewarding than lower level tasks. Just removing AD rewards was not the answer. Further adjustment is necessary to reward High Generals for their time that doesn't include AD.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Thank you for clarifying the changes in respect to artifacts. That is welcome news indeed!
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    urabask said:

...You guys really need to do server wide announcements for this kind of thing though. Just use the system you use to announce server maintenance.

THIS.

Also 'drat' I upgraded my artifacts during last weekends 2x refinement.

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    goatshark said:

Some additional notes:

• Artifacts are not changing material needs to upgrade. That is, they will still use Greater Marks of Potency (GMoPs). This makes it significantly cheaper to upgrade artifacts.
    • All gems (Enchantments, Runestones, Weapon, and Armor Enhancements) will require Superior Marks of Potency (SMoPs) to upgrade from 10->12. Because of their power increase, it will still cost the same to rank a Weapon or Armor Enhancement from 10->12. All of the ranks prior to (and leading up to) 10 will benefit from the GMoP price reduction.
    • As mentioned in the original post, Enchantments and Runestones are now 40% cheaper to upgrade from 10-12, and Weapon/Armor Enhancements will cost the same as before.
    @goatshark

(firstly, your forum picture creeps me out for some reason :p)

Secondly, can we expect any changes to the cost of upgrading companions? I am fine with it either way, just curious though.
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User

ulviel said:

I hope it is just beginning and more changing in this direction are comming soon, otherwise it's more like throwing a bone to make players shut up

Inventing new marks was unnecessary. Tbh I suspect it's a smokescreen to obscure the fact they didn't in fact reduce costs as much as needed. But maybe I am wrong and they ideed are doing something right this time.

Probably because they know some players hold huge amounts of GMOPS and now they cut the value of those with 70% or so.
    it's the same thing when they buffed R7-r8 enchants , they r making things easier for the majority of the player base :p
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    How bout adding an auto cancel to auctions utilizing these changed items the day the patch occurs for it
  • marcoparad85marcoparad85 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    Thank you for monitoring and adjusting the prices but I urge you to consider lowering considerably the prices of the Stronghold upgrades. Those are fixed AD prices too and with the new economy system they need an adjustment ASAP.

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    So basically what just happened was...
    Everyone that had saved up greater marks to use as currency, just had a greek market crash.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • azurerogue1824azurerogue1824 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    sm0ld3r said:

urabask said:

Faith restored.

Wasn't expecting it but damn.

Are you joking? The costs are still too high considering there is no way to earn AD anymore.

These sinks were added because of Caturday, Leadership and Astral Resonator. Now that there is no source (other than 24K per day) these sinks need to go away completely.
    Are YOU joking? I've been earning 50k+ per day since the changes just running dungeons and skirmishes (and salvaging) in my spare time after work (and I only have one level 70). Under the new system that's two GMoPs per day if I keep it up. The fact that some people can't adapt to the new changes doesn't mean there is "no way to earn AD anymore"
  • merlinamtmerlinamt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    How about reducing the cost to upgrade companions also?
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Its a ok start..
    Companion costs, mount costs , transmute costs needs adjustments.

• fogtripperfogtripper Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Thank you. This is a well thought out first step at dealing with the new situation.
    :smile:
    Next: solo AD, other sinks like companion upgrades and fixing leadership to make sense?

Indeed solo AD should be addressed. I am still leveling my first toons and the only way to get at AD is to hope my HAMSTER pickups sell on the AH, or to step away from leveling and do the dungeon runs over and over. Regular play (read: leveling) should generate AD.

teatew said:

Indeed. Since they took away the "times" and made them all PvP, skirmishes like the L28 one I just leveled into take forever to happen. The playerbase is simply too spread out.

One step in the right direction.

However, that does not make up for the 5 steps in the wrong direction. You're still a little off course so keep making these positive moves and our faith in the developers will start to be restored.

I will take incremental steps over comprehensive every day of the week.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    Figures that now that changes have been made (exactly what the complainers and whiners requested), it's not good enough. All of these changes, including the removal of AD from Leadership, help casual, new, and low-level players immensely, and all other players marginally. The only ones these changes hurt are hoarders and abusers of the systems of the game, and bot sellers.

So thanks again for making positive change.

I shall now return to crafting many, many pairs of pants.
  • wizardsleeves69wizardsleeves69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    This is good news, hopefully a start of more AD adjustment changes.
    A decapitated fighter always quits while he's a head.
This discussion has been closed.