Options

Updates to Difficulty and Leveling Speed

12346»

Comments

• Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    essenti wrote: »
    rapticor wrote: »
    Level 61-70 mobs aren't really a problem. It's the level 71+ enemies that are. And I don't see anything about those being addressed in this patch which is unfortunate. But at least this will make it easier for people to work on their SW tasks and get their artifact weapon.

from the patch notes:
    • Enemies from levels 71+ have had their Hit Points reduced slightly, this includes campaign zones and dungeons.

Well yeah, now. It wasn't there originally and was added after the fact.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    slightly very slightly...still dying just as fast and they aren't going down much faster enough to help. Guess we will have to wait until EE gets on Xbox and those users complain enough...
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    empalas wrote: »
    slightly very slightly...still dying just as fast and they aren't going down much faster enough to help. Guess we will have to wait until EE gets on Xbox and those users complain enough...

Pretty much the same thing I saw. Dread Ring bosses still die just as slow. So when they say "slightly" they weren't kidding.

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Must be really hard to admit, that they have messed up the game with Elemental Evil, and then come up with something reasonable based on the feedback of the players...
    Instead they only fiddle around a bit, and try to present it as some great development. And that will be the last big change we see, until Underdark is released at the end of the year?

Dread Ring and Sharandar, level of regular mobs down to 70, level of bosses down to 71.
    Icewind Dale and Well of Dragons, level of regular mobs down to 71, level of bosses down to 72.
    And adjust the prices of the equipment from DR and Sharandar to 1 of those currencies and 7k AD per equipment piece, to give the players an easier way to gear up, and to throw the players a bone for sticking around through the latest modules.

That would be a real start... and before you go all Underdark on us, how about bringing a lot more patches to fix the current issues ingame?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    mattock13 said:

I finally decided to check out the EE changes. I went to Drowned Shore and did some quests and I have to say, it is infinitely better than it was. The quest numbers are good, the exp is fair, and the level of immersion has recovered due to the reduction of the grind. I actually feel like doing the zones now on my alts. I wish it hadn't taken this long but I am still appreciative. Thank you, devs, and good job.

I haven't checked out the 70 zones and the difficulty yet.

Just as an FYI, the XP is still BS. It isn't that they are hard, it is the fact that the last several levels, 2-3, end up just being doing the same quests over and over to get the ~2 million XP for the last couple levels. This is after getting the mainhand elemental too.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User

mattock13 said:

I finally decided to check out the EE changes. I went to Drowned Shore and did some quests and I have to say, it is infinitely better than it was. The quest numbers are good, the exp is fair, and the level of immersion has recovered due to the reduction of the grind. I actually feel like doing the zones now on my alts. I wish it hadn't taken this long but I am still appreciative. Thank you, devs, and good job.

I haven't checked out the 70 zones and the difficulty yet.

Just as an FYI, the XP is still BS. It isn't that they are hard, it is the fact that the last several levels, 2-3, end up just being doing the same quests over and over to get the ~2 million XP for the last couple levels. This is after getting the mainhand elemental too.
    I agree with this - the leveling RATE needs to be consistent from 1-70. If your feeling of progression slows too much, then people are apt to just abandon a character and/or put off playing them until they hit 70 via invoking/leadership. And before someone chimes in, please do NOT slow down the 1-60 game to match the 60-70 portion! :s
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    DId anyone see the xbox event thread? People hitting 70 in 7 hours. I mean they only just got the update two days ago and there's a guy in their thread saying he has multiple 70s : |

http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1203104/70-hamsters-for-70-adventurers#latest

So either they're exploiting, buying exp boosts or we'll get a similar adjustment?

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    urabask said:

DId anyone see the xbox event thread? People hitting 70 in 7 hours. I mean they only just got the update two days ago and there's a guy in their thread saying he has multiple 70s : |

http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1203104/70-hamsters-for-70-adventurers#latest

So either they're exploiting, buying exp boosts or we'll get a similar adjustment?

7 hours seems a bit fast for sure if the XP levels are the same.
  • Options
    coliercolier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I have an account on both the Xbox and PC...I do have to say I have it much easier on the Xbox. For some reason the difficulty increase with the Xbox Mod 6 release does not seem to be as severe as it was on PC...it is a noticeable change. As in leveling I am not sure how the few people hit 70 so fast. Leveling seems a bit quicker than what was initially released on PC but there is still a grind, just seems easier o manage...forced grouping now in all upper level campaign zones and dungeons.

I am still using my Mod 5 gear but currently working towards obtaining a new set and my artifact main hand weapon which will help out a lot. Needed to adjust the way I play from before this release...but still pretty manageable. Possibly due to the fact I kind of knew what to expect from playing on the PC version...but I still think Xbox play is easier.
    Post edited by colier on
  • Options
    givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    I have level another char to 70 post patch and I have to say the xp could used to be boosted another 10 to 20% I finshed the story line for all 4 zones and was still only 68 I then had to grind out villigance quests for 3 days to get the last 2 levels. some of the villigance quests take some time to complete and some of them don't even offer as much exp as some level 60 quests such as target quests offer mere 7k xp. while some offer 13k now this is with vip and rank 7 azure enchants in all utility for extra 33% exp.
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • Options
    I found that doing the old quests in Icewind, Neverdeath, and the other places helped me level quicker. After I completed the new quests. I ended up being extremely bored with going back through those places and the content, so I went back to do some things I haven't done for a while and fighting dragons. I missed the dragons. :)