What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Updates to Difficulty and Leveling Speed

Comments

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Well, i hope that after fixing the main issues with Elemental Evil, the Devs will not wait another several MONTHS to fix the main issues with Strongholds too...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    equality00equality00 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    devaneio wrote: »
    People that actually pay to beta test a game, just in NWO.

Except this game is free.
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    The amount of damage enemies do has been further reduced from critters level 61+.

Does it apply to epic dungeons as well? The announcement seems to be about leveling, so Im not sure about that. And even if - without the fix of DR bug the most (the only?) infuriating part of T2s will still be there, effectively killing any joy of being a tank. Almost nobody wants to be a tank these days, each time you get a 300k 1-shot when, tactically, you dont do anything wrong - a bit of your will to be a tank disappears. Im usually calm and try not to exaggerate things, but this is probably the most serious issue with dungeons and it lasts far too long, many tanks changed their toons (perhaps some even game), because no matter how good and geared you are - you are destined to die randomly. I guess the calculations bug is hard to track and fix, but sooner or later you will have to do that - and the later it happens the harder it will be for tanking playerbase to recover.
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    metalldjt wrote: »

DONT BAM US.

we need mobs that dont one shot.
    we need mobs that attack faster, better recharge speed
    so decrease the damage by 70%, and increase their recharge speed !

Along the lines of what metalldjt is saying. Currently it is one of two things: little challenge, or you get one shot killed. Overall the game is still way too easy but when death happens now, it is often unavoidable regardless of what actions or preparations one has taken.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    equality00 wrote: »
    devaneio wrote: »
    People that actually pay to beta test a game, just in NWO.

Except this game is free.

This is a dumb argument. PWE is accepting payment for in game items/services. It's not like this is early access or some carp because the game has been out for two years.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Guys i have a question. What is wrappers?
    btw great update devs, thank you for this :)

A "wrapper" in this case is the quest telling you to do X number of other quests.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    teatewteatew Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    I for one fell in love with this game over a year ago. I started playing when HR's were a new class and since I love playing a monk or a ranger in all games (no monk option) it was a clear choice for me to play... Up to a few months before WoD, my hunter was capped at level 60 and I had the "best" bow you could get in a semi decent raiding guild. My gear was a full set of top tier gear and I was doing 248k crit aimed shots (okay it was OP but my hunter was stacked and I over loaded power and built my HR with just pure archery and maxed dex (28dex)). I was one shot spread shot the full zone of shanadar (back when spreadshot did over 12k to 15k for every .1 of a second you charged it). again pretty OP..

Fast forward to WoD day, I got the artifact bow (big boost in stats and damage) but my aimed shots now barely did over 140k and the many nerfs to spreadshot barely break 3k even fully charged it wasn't even close to 5k.

Sometime after WoD was released a few more "stealth nerfs to HR's" my aimed shot now barely does 50k my bow is the epic level 70 artifact bow (its not orange level its very high purple), I feel I should be doing at least 500k a aimed shot if my hunter was playing back at level 60.

WoD today is still impossible for me to do anything in solo and I have all my power points unlocked (I love playing a hunter and I was full powerpoints in a pretty quick order). Meanwhile shortly after WoD was released I was able to solo 3 WoD dragons before the timer ran out. Now I cant even solo a cult member if more then 2 come at once.

I don't want the game super easy but as someone else mentioned this game makes you get worse as you get higher level. This was the only game where when I started, it was super fun. I never liked playing end game of any games (EQ/WoW/etc) but this game was enjoyable when you hit max level, you had so much stuff to do. But now you just cant do it unless in a group, and for some reason when you look to join a group for a level 1900 item score place no one will take you unless you have 3800 item score. If you are suppose to have 3800 item score, make the dungeon require that.

My character has every boon unlocked (yes full WoD tree) all campigns done (I loved doing those daily quests, shandar took 3 times longer to finish then dread ring) and icewind dale was tough when it was released but I was able to solo thru most of it (except the ice giants gave me troubles and the yetis always game in pairs which gave me some trouble) but even the normal heroics were soloable (again I was in top end gear and full boons). Now today, I cant even kill a single bear/dwarf or troll, its friggin impossible and not even fun anymore.

Sadly I got suckered in and bought a few packs for the game since I really enjoyed it back when I bought the packs now I wish I could return them and delete the game.
  • Options
    lairdbansheelairdbanshee Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    If the few areas that give you armor to care about still have monsters that can and do one-shot you with regularity, nothing changes.

And I see nothing in the notice that shrinks the vast gulfs of XP necessary to level. Each level's XP gap from 61 to 70 is roughly 8-10 TIMES what it was a few months ago. So we get less wrappers. Whee. Even if the EE zone XP is now doled out as if it's Double-XP-all-the-time, we'd still need 5x the XP we used to... to get to 70.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Will we see those changes in a patch this week?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I just want to know if this applies to dungeons. And if not, why not? There are so many posts saying the enemies have too much resistance ignored. It is time to get rid of NPC RI and to nerf the dungeon bosses. Make T3 dungeons for the BIS crowd and let the rest of us do T2s for the seals. SH requires doing T2s, how can we when they are broken?
    Faceroll, no dodge, no movement eating your food-talk to the phone during dungeon returns sad......................

Actually I agree with Mamalion on this. I like the challenge in group play/dungeons. For a new player leveling its too drastic a change though to encounter that difficulty.

Psychologically, we ran that content over and over to death to get the boons/farm RP for old players; what made you think it was a good idea to use that recycled content? While maybe costly wouldnt it been better idea to add new zones and add the difficulty to them post 70?

The bigger questions that need to be asked. Why was it implemented in the first place? Who is doing this testing and giving you this feedback? Is the test server either not effective or the feedback you're being given skewed because the person testing it is in BIS? How do you plan to move forward based of this reversal of a decision to help prevent it from happening again?

We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    bryan1963bryan1963 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Last night I played in Spinward. The wrappers still call for 16 Vigilance quests. Clearly I misunderstood what is in the notice about it. Perhaps this update to require 8 quests instead of 16 hasn't happened?
  • Options
    trekkiejedigirltrekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Well, I guess ya can't please everybody huh. I personally am happy NW staff is listening to our feedback and removing these buffs that were in my opinion, unnecessary in the first place.

Lets face it, many of us who fell in love with Neverwinter did so for the superbly crafted and balanced PVE content with solo players in mind. And the ability to make a new friend or two when we did party up for the expected dungeon as we complete areas on our way up that now, post mod 6 are in many areas no longer available. An example of which, the "Lair of the Mad Dragon," at the end of the Helm's Hold area I for one dearly missed....... Hopefully these dungeons will be back soon.

Neverwinter as a whole is growing. And as with all mmo's that grow and prosper bugs and yes, even mistakes are to be expected. Let's just thank the Game Gods that we do have a staff who listens to us and is willing to make changes accordingly. Sure, you'll never be able to make everyone happy, and there are those who hold grudges too after spending hard earned $$, and for reasons others have mentioned. I too have spent, and continue to spend a lot of my hard earned $$ on the game I've grown to love -especially in persuit of that Rage Drake mount, Imperial or regular/otherwise that has so far eluded me, lol. Hopefully I'll open the right Tyrannical lockbox soon or at least, find one I can afford on Auction. My Tieflings are getting tired of walking, lol, or borrowing my Elves Unicorn, he, he.

• Options
    This is not listening to player feedback, this is just reacting to the launch of Elemental Evil on Xbox. There is a feedback thread in the feedback forum, and over a month not a single reply to it from any Dev...
    So much for listening or at least communicating with the players.

Dungeons probably have been removed to ensure, that level 70 players can not just run through them, and then salvage or sell the loot for a lot of AD.

And NWO growing?
    Not in the player department...
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    bryan1963 wrote: »
    Last night I played in Spinward. The wrappers still call for 16 Vigilance quests. Clearly I misunderstood what is in the notice about it. Perhaps this update to require 8 quests instead of 16 hasn't happened?

Coming soon to a patch near you, NOT live yet.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    senseiwasdsenseiwasd Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I gave up on Neverwinter after Mod6 came out and experienced 70 for the first time, then found none of the promises of Scott Shicoff were addressed for months after.

So, I just sat back, and did the prof gateway for diamonds, in hopes that there'd be some turn around in the future... Until of course, you took that away as well, after I worked so hard to get every character to Leadership 25. At that point, I just wrote this game off.

But then, my last e-friend who still plays this game, out of what once numbered in the hundreds (all my guilds have disbanded), linked me the letter in the first post.

Finally... A glimmer of hope.

However, after the last "letter of apology" I don't want to be fooled again.
    • Overall difficulty
    • XP rewards in the new zones and campaign zones
    • Invocation
    • Hourly quests
    • Zone re-use
    • Removed dungeons
    • Campaign zone levels
    • Items missing slots/stats
    (2 out of 8 is not a passing grade...)

Took a look inside today, not realizing this wasn't live yet... Game's... Just so damned empty now. I hope the team gets serious about addressing the bullet itemed issues they promised they'd fix back in April, and people come back. I'll come back, once I'm convinced this is actually going to happen, and represents a real turn around in design philosophy for the team - one it has desperately needed ever since Mod6. If such a thing happens, I'll spread the word, but I do not know if I dare hold my breath.

...and yeah, we need those dungeons back.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    You can cross invocation from that list too.
    + deleting all gathered bonus XP with the invocation changes... not a pass in my book.
    + having to do a raindance for every daily first invocation... also not a pass.
    + decreasing the dropchance of discount coupons from refinement bags... i liked them, those let me save a lot of AD while buying ZEN shop items. and discarding of them were just a few clicks... therefore also not a pass.

april you say?
    now that might explain the small rise in numbers in april, but from there it was a steady downwards trend.
    a little up for the last 30 days, probably because of Strongholds, but i would not count on a change of the downwards trend at this point.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/109600
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    senseiwasdsenseiwasd Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Fair point - though at least they fixed a lot of the bugs around it, which is what I was thinking of. ...and that's something I will give them in general - they've been fixing a lot of bugs, even doing some optimization. But it doesn't much matter how bug free or optimized a game is, if it becomes frustratingly unplayable come end game, and loses content with patches, instead of gaining it.
  • Options
    Another point, they could have used this patch to also adjust Dread Ring and Sharandar, so that players could get boons and equipment from there a bit easier.
    That would help a lot of players moving forward from there towards Icewind Dale and Well of Dragons, or into epic skirmishes and dungeons.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I truly hope that XP in the "endgame" campaigns will also increase. I've found myself considering running a few EE quests here and there just to fake level a little faster.

My therapist told me that it wasn't healthy to think that way.

But really... I can bang out half a dozen EE quests in no time and make twice as much XP as IWD, as an example.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    gallifreyan999gallifreyan999 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Any idea when this will be implemented? Is it too much to hope it'll be included in tomorrow's maintenance?
  • Options
    teatewteatew Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Any idea when this will be implemented? Is it too much to hope it'll be included in tomorrow's maintenance?

It looks like from reading it, its been already done. Maybe its only available thru purchase on the zen market. Hell I'd buy the "un-nerf" patch to bring my HR back to where he was back at level 60, im 10 times more powerful then I was back at 60 (prior to WoD release) and I do 1/5th of my damage and die all the time now. It makes me not even want to log in and daily pray for ad... make that not daily pray but 8 times pray a day times my 12 character slots on that one account... Okay, I'll admit it, I got suckered in since this game was amazing before 70 was cap, it was very fun and now id rather do the dishes for my wife or pick of dog <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> then log in and just suffer another bogus death.

For the love a god, put back the lifetap the way it was! it was the only way my hunter could stay alive! Rain of Arrows = complete heal :)
  • Options
    If it's in the Zen store, I'm finished! I've chucked money at this game since it came out and all that's happened is nerf after nerf after nerf. I spent a ton on my CW's lvl 60 gear - now it's worthless since the cap's been raised. At the moment, the game's pretty unplayable for most of my characters who're at that "difficult" stage between lvl 60 and 70 - all I do are dragons and the Seed quests and I'm sick to death of Reclamation Rock! Although the last stage of it's proving to be pretty tough. I can do it but it's depressing to see my once powerful characters fight like wimps.

I really hope you're wrong. I don't think it's been implemented in game as I see no change. I honestly don't think they'd have the cheek to ask for cash for a game fix!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Some changes are comming with the next patch, have to wait and see, if that's all, or if they decide to work on the game, to get more players back into it, instead of driving more players away from it.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    Well the preview patch notes only say Elemental Evil enemies 61-70 so... If you're expecting any changes in Icewind or Dread Ring you'll probably be in for a disappointment.
  • Options
    hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User
  • Options
    hfleet wrote: »

Excellent! The lvl 60 to 70 mobs fix and reduced vigilance tasks IS in this patch. And hopefully one of the crashes they're resolving will stop my game going down every time I try to resize the screen.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    hfleet wrote: »

Excellent! The lvl 60 to 70 mobs fix and reduced vigilance tasks IS in this patch. And hopefully one of the crashes they're resolving will stop my game going down every time I try to resize the screen.

Level 61-70 mobs aren't really a problem. It's the level 71+ enemies that are. And I don't see anything about those being addressed in this patch which is unfortunate. But at least this will make it easier for people to work on their SW tasks and get their artifact weapon.

• Options
    essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    rapticor wrote: »
    Level 61-70 mobs aren't really a problem. It's the level 71+ enemies that are. And I don't see anything about those being addressed in this patch which is unfortunate. But at least this will make it easier for people to work on their SW tasks and get their artifact weapon.

from the patch notes:
    • Enemies from levels 71+ have had their Hit Points reduced slightly, this includes campaign zones and dungeons.
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2