test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Updates to Difficulty and Leveling Speed

Comments

• juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    I may actually work my TR and SW to 70 before the next double xp event now... possibly even my DC
  • totallyspamtotallyspam Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I came here from reading an article of your changes on a MMO site. This update has come too late for me and I have not recommended NWO to anyone for quite some time. I will still not recommend this game to anyone based on how Elemental Evil was handled when it went live. I'm not trying to troll here, I'm just letting you know how a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor launch of a new module can affect your player base negatively. Good luck.
  • hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    This is the best news I've read in months - thanks!

So, how soon will this happen? (I play solo and want to get back to the game.)
  • devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    People that actually pay to beta test a game, just in NWO.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    This is great news, on both the leveling and difficulty front.

I just leveled an OP to 70, mostly during the double-XP week before Strongholds release. I did every sub-zone in every Elemental Evil zone, and still ended up below 69.5 after I got my MH weapon from Spinward Rise -- so with normal xp, it would have been much, much worse.

Decreasing the number of vigilance tasks required per task force will make those zones much more pleasant, and lower HPs will make life a lot easier for my low-dps characters. My devo pally might actually kill most of the powries before they drain his action points! :P
  • nealbeatnealbeat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    Thanks for this changes, being waiting for them since Mod 6 release. Guess we will need to wait a little before them but we have some events in the meantime so we have to endure until that. Glad i can finally do my daily dread Ring Lair with my Dc again :smile:
  • eyceaethereyceaether Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Get rid of the vigilance quests!

Make it so you have to do every single quest in order to complete the area! It is IMMERSING when you actually follow the quests in order and find out bit by bit of the story. Doing them multiple times is boring as <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I for one will be happy to see these changes to the difficulty at least. I might actually get to do some quests in Icewind Dale and Well of Dragons again. Haven't been able to since mod 6 came out. Hopefully this will help us casual/solo players a bit. Anyway I am glad to see these changes.

Now if we could only get a few more power points thrown our way in the process that would be fantastic. Getting those past level 70 is worse than being dressed as a gazelle and thrown into a den of hungry lions. You have a better chance of surviving the lions than you do getting a power point. If it was me, I would reduce overflow xp to just 100k for a chance to get a power point. Even then it will still take awhile to get them.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    Gods be praised!
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    This is very welcome news! I might actually level my alts now outside of the protectors garden... I never actually minded the vigilance tasks, but having to do 4 sets of 4, 3 times over really did get tedious - getting through them twice as fast is very welcome.
  • elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Bravo! Did someone at cryptic drink an Intelligence Potion? :p

Happy to see all the changes except the leveling. I felt the length of time and amount of effort it took to get to 70 put you guys in line with what I would call a "real" MMO. This killing 4 mobs and leveling felt like a childs game.

Regardless, I welcome the changes!
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • rufuezenrufuezen Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    You mean I might be able to come back and play! Being a solo/casual play I had given up on NW. I was bummed having to leave, there was so much I like about NW, but it became unplayable for me. So now there is hope!
  • silvereldunarisilvereldunari Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Not complaining (kinda), but did we just suffer 6 months of pure aggonizing pain so that xbox players get the "good stuff" for free? wow
  • linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Thank you - might buy that VIP pack after all....
  • eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    To be honest, I only wish this for the dungeons. I don't want to go back to mod 5 solo content where NOTHING can come remotely close to ever killing you.

My sentiments fall along these lines too. I was pretty bummed when I couldn't solo mod6 daily-quest content, but then I respec'd and changed my playstyle, and found I could again---with the same gear. (Slight nod to the people who responded to my complaining with 'l2p'.) In mod5 I could solo 5-man WoD HEs with a mediocre gear score(13k)...that was a bit ridiculous. I can't presently (2.6k TIL), and that seems right.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun to mow through some content, but I suspect it does impact longer-term satisfaction. (In the way that using a 'trainer' for a game makes that game extremely boring afterward). I enjoy that I can mow through dread ring solo...but I do want some variety---especially for end-game.

[Edit]lol. Can we have a level-12 VIP option that restores mod6-difficulty for more AD or RP?[/edit]
    Post edited by eldeskal on
  • blanndeblannde Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I have posted plenty re issues, its great to be able to actually post something positive! been a while coming but this is the best news I have read since mod 6 was released. The game will be fun to play again!!!
  • neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    All I ask is when and soon as possible please! :p
    Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.
  • eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    starbigamo wrote: »
    The whole "pick up 4 quests to do now" was always VERY immersion breaker [...] cause basicly it have NO narrative. :(

I wanted to comment on the Vigilence task change as well: 1) thanks, I just got my first alt to lvl69, and was so sick of the grind, I left her there. I may actually finish leveling her after this goes in. 2) I wanted to agree with starbigamo above.

Back around mod2, I almost quit playing this game when I got to Sharandar, and saw that all I could do was repeat the same quests every day. I eventually decided that it was still fun to practice the physical mechanics of game play to mastery (much like playing an instrument is enjoyable), but I do miss the narrative. For me, the Elder Scrolls series (Morrowind in particular) is an excellent example of non-linear gameplay, with an epic narrative. Inasmuch as the Foundry authors are screaming for an update, can we please give them the tools to fulfil the promise Neverwinter has made since Neverwinter Nights (yes, I'm old)---rich user-written content. Every game offers story lines of "if it moves you're supposed to kill it"...please please please give us content [or give the foundy authors tools to make such content ] with as rich of story lines as the old print campaign modules.

What I wouldn't give to have a single quest where I needed the lore I had collected. (the Fiery-Pit initial quest doesn't count, because it was just a pop-quiz)
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    Can't happen soon enough. Atm I can do Sharandar+DR dailies+ToD dailies and then I just log off after resetting my professions. WoD and IWD are impossible to solo and I'm pretty much gated by gear from doing skirmishes/dungeons.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • smbvmssmbvms Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    That's great! Now when are the epic dungeons getting scaled back so they can be completed by a group at or above minimum til 2K let alone 3k+ groups, the mobs still one shot the entire party in some instances.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    Thank you very much. :)

Now i can complete the Vigilance Quests with my Level 70 Character properly.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • poppakrodahpoppakrodah Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Nice changes! Are you going to up the quest experience in the campaign areas? Its is odd to get more experience for questing against level 69 mobs in Spinward than you do for level 73 mobs in IWD.

I don't enjoy farming spinward to get my overlevel rewards, and would much prefer to get experience actually working on the campaigns.
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    i deleted my hr because of this but i am very happy i can rebuild him and complete to level 70 again :smile:
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    May actually take some of my other characters over to get the main hand from Spinward Rise after this goes live. Having to do 8 vigilant quests in each area is going to be so much better, especially for my SWs and HRs. Although it was fun to run the 16 on my Devotion OP, as it was funny to see the giants damage me, and 1 second later I was back to full health. Now granted it takes forever to kill them, but....
    Post edited by rickcase276 on
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Thank you for listening and considering our input. Gives me motivation to start playing my other characters.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    About time!! I would like to see is another class... pls devs bring one Monk to the table so new player can come....
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Not complaining (kinda), but did we just suffer 6 months of pure aggonizing pain so that xbox players get the "good stuff" for free? wow
    Yes, but as they say, better late then never... let's hope they come around, and start fixing a lot of other issues before Underdark too.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I'm not really a big fan of the bucket of crabs mentality, so while lowering the XP to get to 70 doesn't help me any, I don't mind if other players have it easier.