What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unplayable Network Lag

Comments

• frosticheartfrosticheart Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    toshanefrazier93-
    Try Skyforge - i did
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    Well atleast the eu proxy suggestion is working for me finally but the normal means of connecting is completely fubar and even though I have eu proxy setup I still have to wait for the launch auto updater to time out repeatedly before I can get in. This company has serious issues.
  • kominatchakominatcha Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Not sure if the problem has been verified as being fixed but I have finally been able to get the launcher to work and am currently doing the full 14gb patch at a decent speed. Comcast ISP here in the Midwest. Still going to look into another ISP, lol. I was not able to log on all week and hop 13 is in the green. Crossing fingers and glad my guildies are Europeans so I might get some gaming in.
  • shaiffishaiffi Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Had the problem, it seemed fixed was able to log in and play all Sunday. late Sunday night back to not being able to log in. Same issue comes right back, hard to believe this is a comcast problem now...
  • tonycope12tonycope12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    it seems the longer you play the lag goes worse
  • milkyguymilkyguy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'm from SEA. I used to play this game 6 months ago. Now when I come back and it says that i may not log in from this IP address, which never happened before to me. So I have to use free vpn to patch, but the download rate is too slow. I'm not sure what should I be doing now, I want to play the game again so bad :(
  • lorelestlorelest Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    So an update since starting this post. I have had several hours per day, sometimes spread out, that I was able to play without any lag at all. But unfortunately it continues to come back. Ive kept up with all the other posts as best as I could on this thread and I tend to believe Zeb when he explains the problem. I just want to know specifically who or what is the problem at this point. As far as I can tell this has been happening since Friday and still hasnt been resolved.

Now don't get me wrong, Im not another one of these Cryptic bashing kids venting my virtual frustration. I only want to know what company I need to call up and bother to see where we stand as a whole on this lag issue.

To recap what Ive read,
    1)Its possibly related to Comcast as most (all???) people effected are Comcast subscribers.
    2)There is an internet hop affiliated with Cognetco that is dropping.
    3)Cryptic's Servers are housed in Boston where Level 3 is having issues.
    4)Cryptic's ISP is having problems which is causing users to have lag.

Did I miss anything? Like I said above, who or what is to blame right now specifically?

Also, someone said something about using the EU proxy to get into the game. How does one go about doing that because Im sure the lag from that isnt nearly as bad as SNR every 30 seconds.

Thanks in advance for any answers.
  • aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    lorelest said:

Also, someone said something about using the EU proxy to get into the game. How does one go about doing that because Im sure the lag from that isnt nearly as bad as SNR every 30 seconds.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Launch the game using the Neverwinter.exe file in the Neverwinter_en folder. Once the launcher loads (this may take awhile)... click on the options link at the top. Change your Game Proxy setting from NONE to EU. Save it... THEN log in. Again.. this may take awhile.

However... once you are in, the lag isnt nearly as bad, and the game is actually playable.

Once they fix these issues, be sure to change that setting back again.

A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    The lag was gone for a couple days...but is back again this morning. Even seeing it on the gateway this morning.
  • plutoniumoreplutoniumore Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Was able to log in on Xbone this A.M and start my professions for the day. Any updates? fixed?!?!
  • zevra22zevra22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 57 Arc User
    Things are cleared up here.
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    For those using the Europe proxy and still dying due to lag:
    before engaging mobs, take a look at the upper-left corner of the screen. If it says "patching files", then you should wait a few seconds (minutes in some cases) before moving again. Once you move again, if there is no apparent rubber-banding, then it should be safe to engage in combat.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    LOL, here we go again. Was fine earlier this morning and now lagging like a mother chucker. Seriously with this throttling.. had issues a few weeks ago, like clockwork, 9 pm EST to 11 pm EST, I would get lag going thru Cognetco network via comcast. Looks like they decided to throttle during the day now instead.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • eviljezuzzeviljezuzz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Had a pretty solid connection until BAM 1pm EST the network crumbles like a paper house in a rock slide. Server not responding.
  • kromrylkromryl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    I'm down too...Server issues once again right at 1pm EST for me.

• xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    This whole CTA and 2xAD weekend was a wash. Couldnt log in friday so my wife and I both missed oue free vip enchanted key, and a day of professions. I fianlly ran ipconfig /flushdns saturday and it let me at least get the launcher to load but I have to do that every we try to load the launcher or it hangs. The game is completly unplayable though. It took us over 3 hours each day,saturday sunday and monday, to do professions on our combined 12 characters. thats just once a day. We are sad we missed out on one of our favorite CTAs and that we lost out on so much AD.

One funny thing is that im not getiting any lag in Destiny during Iron baner matches and its usually a lagfest.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• plutoniumoreplutoniumore Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Looks like its back to Destiny for me.
  • jadeddarkeangeljadeddarkeangel Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Zebular Said
    Yes, your information is good and all but is not really relevant to the issue at hand. While yes a good number of people are being affected, the truth is that most players are connecting without issue. It is only those being hopped through that one Cogentco network that are being affected. Alas, I do not have a work-around but if you know of a way to not get hopped through the failing Cogentco network, you should try it.

So I guess people affected dont really matter because most people can get connect without issue and just as long as those people are online giving you business and money screw all of you having issues! Really crappy way to treat your customers! All customers should matter and if that is the way you think of us having problems then you should compensate us! I work in the medical field and if I treated my patients like that someone would end up dying. I am tired of being able to play for a few hours and then back to the lag! I spent almost 24 hours this weekend of my time talking to comcast and xbox live to figure out what I can do on my end to fix the issue, it seems like I am actually trying but your company cant even give us frequent updates and keep us "good number" of people informed.

• eviljezuzzeviljezuzz Member Posts: 8 Arc User

Zebular Said
    Yes, your information is good and all but is not really relevant to the issue at hand. While yes a good number of people are being affected, the truth is that most players are connecting without issue. It is only those being hopped through that one Cogentco network that are being affected. Alas, I do not have a work-around but if you know of a way to not get hopped through the failing Cogentco network, you should try it.

So I guess people affected dont really matter because most people can get connect without issue and just as long as those people are online giving you business and money screw all of you having issues! Really crappy way to treat your customers! All customers should matter and if that is the way you think of us having problems then you should compensate us! I work in the medical field and if I treated my patients like that someone would end up dying. I am tired of being able to play for a few hours and then back to the lag! I spent almost 24 hours this weekend of my time talking to comcast and xbox live to figure out what I can do on my end to fix the issue, it seems like I am actually trying but your company cant even give us frequent updates and keep us "good number" of people informed.

That's how I felt reading that comment as well.
  • monkeeyman1monkeeyman1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    Was working fine this morning, but now this afternoon, lag is back just as bad as it was earlier.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015

Zebular Said

Zebular Said

I'm sorry you got that impression. No where did I state it wasn't important and that post of mine should not be taken out of context, as it was a direct reply to another user, which you've omitted the quote of it when replying. Furthermore, I later replied to another user expressing that this issue is indeed an important one.

zebular said:

Zebular Said

Zebular Said

I'm sorry you got that impression. No where did I state it wasn't important and that post of mine should not be taken out of context, as it was a direct reply to another user, which you've omitted the quote of it when replying. Furthermore, I later replied to another user expressing that this issue is indeed an important one.

If it is important then why isnt there an update? Why are we still lagging? Are we being compensated in any way for not being able to play when it was double experience, I need another 60 toon just to do one quest in mod 6 and my weekend was wasted because of lag. Plus it was double enchantments and I was not able to collect on that either so I can get my current enchantments to 10 before they have to be increased again for mod 6! I am also in PVP ranks and I dropped because I could not even do that! I am not even going to mention how much money I lost not being able to steam on twitch! So with everything I do in your game and the money I have spent on Zen and the people who watched me stream and are now playing neverwinter I feel that I should be important enough to compensate and update on this status!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015

zebular said:

Zebular Said

Zebular Said

If it is important then why isnt there an update? Why are we still lagging? Are we being compensated in any way for not being able to play when it was double experience, I need another 60 toon just to do one quest in mod 6 and my weekend was wasted because of lag. Plus it was double enchantments and I was not able to collect on that either so I can get my current enchantments to 10 before they have to be increased again for mod 6! I am also in PVP ranks and I dropped because I could not even do that! I am not even going to mention how much money I lost not being able to steam on twitch! So with everything I do in your game and the money I have spent on Zen and the people who watched me stream and are now playing neverwinter I feel that I should be important enough to compensate and update on this status!
    I have been updating the Sticky thread, linked to in the Original Post of this thread, as well as many of my replies with updates in this thread as well. I am sorry you're frustrated. However I do not see them compensating folks for this, especially when the issue is not under their control. As I said before though, I will continue to suggest such to them.

No updates since yesterday at 620pm. This morning I played fine for a few hours and it is back to lag, but there is still no update for today as to the status of this problem from anyone. Is it still going to be lagging next week when the new content drops? Or will it be ok today? When will it end? At least an estimated time is better then nothing.
    edited August 2015

No updates since yesterday at 620pm. This morning I played fine for a few hours and it is back to lag, but there is still no update for today as to the status of this problem from anyone. Is it still going to be lagging next week when the new content drops? Or will it be ok today? When will it end? At least an estimated time is better then nothing.

The last update there remains current. We cannot do anything about it until Cogencto fixes the issue themselves, for this is not a Server issue. It is an issue with users who have ISPs that route through Cogentco's Network in the Boston area to get to our game Servers, which are also in Boston. We cannot give an ETA until we hear back from Cogentco.

Some folks have stated that using the EU proxy helps them, as well as others stated that setting up their VPN helps their connection, as well as others stated switching to one of their other ISPs allows them to connect. Alas, these aren't helpful work-arounds for the average user.

zebular said:

The last update there remains current. We cannot do anything about it until Cogencto fixes the issue themselves, for this is not a Server issue. It is an issue with users who have ISPs that route through Cogentco's Network in the Boston area to get to our game Servers, which are also in Boston. We cannot give an ETA until we hear back from Cogentco.

Some folks have stated that using the EU proxy helps them, as well as others stated that setting up their VPN helps their connection, as well as others stated switching to one of their other ISPs allows them to connect. Alas, these aren't helpful work-arounds for the average user.

I am on the xbox1 how do I go through EU proxy server on there? I have opened 10 ports including the arc port, I also put myself on DMZ. I do not have another ISP provider in my area because Comcast has a monopoly, but I am still looking today for something else to use. Is there a way for us to contact Cogentco so they know that it is affecting actual people and not just your business? Plus you did not ever answer my question about compensation for missing out on events this weekend?
    edited August 2015

zebular said:

I am on the xbox1 how do I go through EU proxy server on there? I have opened 10 ports including the arc port, I also put myself on DMZ. I do not have another ISP provider in my area because Comcast has a monopoly, but I am still looking today for something else to use. Is there a way for us to contact Cogentco so they know that it is affecting actual people and not just your business? Plus you did not ever answer my question about compensation for missing out on events this weekend?
    I do not think you can change to an EU proxy, as changing your location in XBOX would probably mess things up for more than just Neverwinter.

I did comment on the compensation in a previous reply: "However I do not see them compensating folks for this, especially when the issue is not under their control. As I said before though, I will continue to suggest such to them."

As I said there, I will continue to express how many users feel some sort of compensation should be granted. As for contacting Cogentco, they are a Bandwidth Provider, so complaining to your ISP is a start, as it is ISPs that contract to companies like Cogentco. I'll see if there's others ways to contact Cogentco though.
    edited August 2015

Is there a way for us to contact Cogentco so they know that it is affecting actual people and not just your business? Plus you did not ever answer my question about compensation for missing out on events this weekend?

I inquired on other ways for users to complain directly to Cogencto. In addition to complaining to your ISP, one can contact Cogencto directly through their Support features:
    Cogentco Website: http://www.cogentco.com/
    Cogencto Support Info: http://www.cogentco.com/en/customer-service/support-desk
  • theodale169theodale169 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I went to a Starbucks so I could get my VIP key, invoke and start some leadership tasks... same SNR hell. Did a tracert and I am going through Cogentco from here too. On an interesting side note, this is one of the Starbucks which has the fast Google sponsored WiFi. I doubt they are using Comcast. I am going to try another coffee shop later today.
  • nps8nps8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User

I went to a Starbucks so I could get my VIP key, invoke and start some leadership tasks... same SNR hell. Did a tracert and I am going through Cogentco from here too. On an interesting side note, this is one of the Starbucks which has the fast Google sponsored WiFi. I doubt they are using Comcast. I am going to try another coffee shop later today.

Could you please tell me what ip address you put into tracert? I have tried looking it up on google but haven't found it. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.