test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T2 epic runs, with IL 2K?

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    They did it, even if it was optimal team set up. She even stripped her stone , I think the criteria was met.

Secondly, instead of arguing OVER the sematics of the run, there are SEVERAL things to learn from here..

A. Control should pull , not tanks, this is something Ive commented over and over again.. alot of failures is because the control isnt doing its job correctly. Control engages first, tank engages right after.

B. Look at group set up, its near perfect pally tank, tr for st damage on spiderlings, added control , cw for aoe control and and GWF for damage on boss. Instead of just taking i level , look how this group was built, you can replace some spots (op healer for dc, cw for hr) but this is how most successful runs are being done. Ive healed a # of gfs in etos as well, they do seem to need to be a little bit sturdier, but it will still work.

C.. Why is this even a argument? getting 2.5k i level isnt that hard, I have two ALTS with that much! and trust me, sure I spend "some" money in this game.. but I dont throw out thousands or anything. Im a proponent to lessen grind (especially on RP artifact gear) but still.. almost anyone can get 2.5k i level, at that level you can spam etos for the most part.

I do want to see Ecc exploit fixed , then talk about difficulty, but maybe Lia will save a spot for my DC on a healing run on it sometimes so I can see it done legit first.

• Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    Aaaaaaaaand it's been done. A full 2k party completed eTOS, no wipes, easily done. Now you can grief and argue about 101 things, we stripped down to 2k to prove a point. All of my guildies in this video are originally around 2.5k in reality except for me. It can be done, it's time to stop whining and achieve better results. If you can't play your class or the game and expect t2's (endgame dungeons) to be done easily by pugs and no coordination, switch to another game. Skill compensates for the lack of gear.

This is the video.

First one done, 2 to go. Because the challenge was:

muuli01 wrote: »
    urabask wrote: »
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    I've attempted eToS a few times with a 2.4 range team. It's not possible. The damage output is too low and there's no way in hell to NOT make 1 mistake for 20-30 min, the tank is eventually going to die. A spider from time to time would target me on spawning while at the mercy of the boss moving when and where she pleases. One eventually got behind me while I was focused on the boss and killed me.

Thats just because you got a bad team then, not because its not possible. etos is super easy and even now I could arrange a group that can do it with 2k.

So record it and prove everyone wrong : |

Better have a large hard drive for that three hour long video.
    I want see 2K Itemlevel team do, LEGIT,(ITEM LEVEL 2K, what means party has avg. itemlevel 2.2K max.)

eTOS
    eCC
    eGWD

, 45min per dungeon (can be longer too).

Make videos and send link, then I agree that 95% of current players are just too bad to complete those dungeons and all should go play other games, right?!

ps. maybe must put that each team member must have max. item level 2.2K or it will be stretched with some combinations, I think it is allready proven that current dungeons are not for majority of players.

Good work on the easiest third, keep it up...

...looking forward to seeing you do the flame dodges in Traven's Bedroom...

Also, on a side note, IIRC between the situation prior start of this thread and the video mobs have been re-tenderized? like less HP again without damage increase? In what I played so far they felt way squishier than two weeks ago.

This isn't intended to invalidate your run, but IMHO makes current debate a wee moot...
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Lol and there we go, people complaining again. I stripped my Ioun stone completely except for my Profanes, no gear at all on it, I didn't have close to the RI cap or what's needed to kill any of the bosses. Stop whining, seriously, you're making a fool out of yourself.

*note - we did have a power buff from one of the paladins, so there.

As I predicted, utter contrived rubbish. The Paladin is a broken class this already disqualifies this as proof, I have actually have done TOS with the Paladin but never once sincerely considered that as skill or counting as doing it legit, one can do that with any item level. Playing with broken design is anything other than showing one has skill. And as others have already commented, there is the problem of having players with stats that 2k don't have. Finally that was TOS and not ECC.

Provide a link of a party doing ECC, and not with 2 Paladins and a CW and GWF with Lostmauth. Do it with an archer hr, a real 2k GF, a SW. If you can do it with only very specific combinations and not those then that means the dungeons are too hard.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Yeah, we don't work for the people in this thread, if we choose to make a GWD or eCC video run with this gear we will. I think it's 100% possible, we're doing both dungeons as it is easily now and that's due to skill, not gear.
  • Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    It doesn't really make it all that moot because mobs hp are what they were before they increased hp. if you take mod 6 as a whole, t2 dungeons were like this originally. all they did was make it more difficult for 2 months(half of mod 6)

• Options
    Tell me, if the t2 dungeons aren't the dungeons aimed towards that 1% of the playerbase, then where are those dungeons, or that content for that matter. A game should try to market towards itself towards as many different types of players as possible, if the T2 dungeons aren't aimed towards skillful or elite players, then what dungeons are exactly? We have metric boatloads of content aimed towards all other kinds of players and you want to take less then 1% of the games content (yes, it is less then 1%) that is actually challenging and nerf it because everything should be aimed at everyone?

In case you failed to notice but there are only 6 dungeons...
    So 50% of the dungeons are only meant for 1% of the players !? Sounds like one good business strategy, alienate the majority of the customers because why exactly ?
  • Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    As far as the Paladin argument goes we regularly run eGWD and eCC with GF/DC without any paladins in the group. We work with whats available at the time.
    We surround ourselves with talented players and provide help to those who aren't quite performing to their maximum potential. Teamwork, patience and perseverance combine in an atmosphere that breeds success.

All in all it still comes down to setup. Proper character setup (stats, gear, loadout) and proper group setup.

If you set your character or your groups up for failure don't be surprised if you fail.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Tell me, if the t2 dungeons aren't the dungeons aimed towards that 1% of the playerbase, then where are those dungeons, or that content for that matter. A game should try to market towards itself towards as many different types of players as possible, if the T2 dungeons aren't aimed towards skillful or elite players, then what dungeons are exactly? We have metric boatloads of content aimed towards all other kinds of players and you want to take less then 1% of the games content (yes, it is less then 1%) that is actually challenging and nerf it because everything should be aimed at everyone?

So 50% of the dungeons are only meant for 1% of the players !? Sounds like one good business strategy, alienate the majority of the customers because why exactly ?

Dungeons aren't aimed at everyone, they are aimed at a portion of the playerbase that are interested in team pve. I know a large number of people play the game and never even enter dungeons, similar to how I never pvp. I said that dungeons make up 1% of the games content and I wasn't lying, the t2 dungeons do make up less then 1% of the games content. They do make up 50% of the dungeon content, but that is irrelevant. The point is, 99% of the games content is still available to you regardless of how skilled or well geared you are.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Dungeons aren't aimed at everyone, they are aimed at a portion of the playerbase that are interested in team pve. I know a large number of people play the game and never even enter dungeons, similar to how I never pvp. I said that dungeons make up 1% of the games content and I wasn't lying, the t2 dungeons do make up less then 1% of the games content. They do make up 50% of the dungeon content, but that is irrelevant. The point is, 99% of the games content is still available to you regardless of how skilled or well geared you are.

Show me a single Cryptic statement where this was ever intended ? I am very certain that what you are trying to claim would be rejected outright. They botched it, its that simple, mod 6 was a disaster the real numbers don't lie.
  • Options
    lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Yeah, we don't work for the people in this thread, if we choose to make a GWD or eCC video run with this gear we will. I think it's 100% possible, we're doing both dungeons as it is easily now and that's due to skill, not gear.

@rinat114

Thanks for the vid. Based on confidence in saying that you'd make the video, I didn't doubt that you'd get through it, especially with the hp decrease on mobs.

I'm curious about your gear (or the TR gear if not you), as you inspected everyone, but forgot to show what you were wearing. I'm just interested because your smokebomb was doing 20k ticks. I've never seen smokebomb do that. Is that because of the Lostmauth set proccing with each crit tick?

I'm not going to get into the whole, good player versus mediocre player debate because that's fruitless. There's too much epeen garbage going on in this thread which isn't needed.

Good job, using gear that's only available in-game. I do have an issue that the Lostmauth set has become BiS for all dps classes and that stats have gone out the window in that case, but that's bad game design, not your doing.

Cheers.
  • Options

Show me a single Cryptic statement where this was ever intended ? I am very certain that what you are trying to claim would be rejected outright. They botched it, its that simple, mod 6 was a disaster the real numbers don't lie.

There were many pitfalls in mod 6, the increase in dungeon difficulty wasn't one of them. There are no cryptic statements on this, but there doesn't need to be, simple, common sense will help you work this out. When you make a game, you want it to appeal to as many groups of players as possible, to keep your playerbase diverse. This means that you want some competitive pvp content for the pvp players, some casual content for the casual players and some competitive pve content for the hardcore pve players. Even with the mod 6 dungeons, NWO is sorely lacking in that last aspect. In neverwinter, you got the campaigns for your casual players, with daily quests and stronghold quests, your t1 dungeons etc etc, you got your domination for your pvp players and you got your t2 players for those who like to stretch themselves in pvp. I don't see why you feel the need for all pve content to be diluted, when it makes sense to have content aimed at these players, just as it makes sense to have content aimed at other players. I don't expect casual players to run t2's, just like they shouldn't expect me to run mod 5 difficulty pve content (and in mod 5, the emphasis was really on the word run)
  • Options
    lilhamlet wrote: »

@rinat114

Thanks for the vid. Based on confidence in saying that you'd make the video, I didn't doubt that you'd get through it, especially with the hp decrease on mobs.

I'm curious about your gear (or the TR gear if not you), as you inspected everyone, but forgot to show what you were wearing. I'm just interested because your smokebomb was doing 20k ticks. I've never seen smokebomb do that. Is that because of the Lostmauth set proccing with each crit tick?

I'm not going to get into the whole, good player versus mediocre player debate because that's fruitless. There's too much epeen garbage going on in this thread which isn't needed.

Good job, using gear that's only available in-game. I do have an issue that the Lostmauth set has become BiS for all dps classes and that stats have gone out the window in that case, but that's bad game design, not your doing.

Cheers.

Ayasuke was wearing around half is elven, he just unslotted a lot of pieces + rings to strip down to 2k. The high crit ticks are usually the lostmauth set procs, they get added to the crits you already do and so it seems inflated. As per my guide, I don't agree with the lostmauth set at all. I don't approve of any non-strictly DEX/STR based class wearing it (SW/CW for example) and I didn't wear it for more than half of mod 6 because I refused to use an OP set. I sincerely hope it'll get nerfed very soon, I don't believe it's intended at all.

And I'm not even going to respond to you Clericalist, seems like you're a bit bitter about your righteous DC not widely accepted still and you diss out Paladins being broken or a non-skill required class due to some personal issues I guess. Get over it. I did say from the start we'll do eTOS, don't lose your panties over it.
  • Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Sorry about not getting my gear during the video. I was actually the backup recorder. Here is a shot of myself stripped.

Those smoke bombs were weakish(good smoke bomb ticks are 45-50k). As Lia mentioned lostmauth proc's are added onto the smoke bomb(7-10k from the proc). Most of the dmg is the smoke bomb itself. Much of the time I use Whirlwind right before Smoke so the smoke bomb is calculated with the power buff from whirlwind and the extra crit severity from stealth.

AqwAbDo.jpg
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options
    lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    lilhamlet wrote: »

@rinat114

Cheers.

Ayasuke was wearing around half is elven, he just unslotted a lot of pieces + rings to strip down to 2k. The high crit ticks are usually the lostmauth set procs, they get added to the crits you already do and so it seems inflated. As per my guide, I don't agree with the lostmauth set at all. I don't approve of any non-strictly DEX/STR based class wearing it (SW/CW for example) and I didn't wear it for more than half of mod 6 because I refused to use an OP set. I sincerely hope it'll get nerfed very soon, I don't believe it's intended at all.

And I'm not even going to respond to you Clericalist, seems like you're a bit bitter about your righteous DC not widely accepted still and you diss out Paladins being broken or a non-skill required class due to some personal issues I guess. Get over it. I did say from the start we'll do eTOS, don't lose your panties over it.

Hehe... oops. I guess looking at your signature image should have told me you weren't the TR. It's funny what one's mind blocks when just looking for something specific.

Thanks again for putting it out there.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Not much of a legit 2k GWF with 17,000 power and 9000 crit plus lostmauth 3/3. Because every fresh 2k GWF is going to have a legendary weapon and a fully loaded augment giving them such a ridiculously high stat boost.

Not a legit 2k run by a longshot..... You had a lot of nerve posting that.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Not much of a legit 2k GWF with 17,000 power and 9000 crit plus lostmauth 3/3. Because every fresh 2k GWF is going to have a legendary weapon and a fully loaded augment giving them such a ridiculously high stat boost.

omg. Read up top, my Ioun was NAKED. I had nothing on it except for my Profane stones. I got the power buff from the Paladins, get over yourself. And as predicted, don't know why I keep commenting and trying to prove you people wrong. We knew this was coming as per my comment from earlier, everyone's going to complain about the party set-up, legendary gear and the rest of the unimportant <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Looks like nobody wants to admit it's been done and eat their own hats. Shocking.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited August 2015

omg. Read up top, my Ioun was NAKED. I had nothing on it except for my Profane stones. I got the power buff from the Paladins, get over yourself. And as predicted, don't know why I keep commenting and trying to prove you people wrong. We knew this was coming as per my comment from earlier, everyone's going to complain about the party set-up, legendary gear and the rest of the unimportant <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Looks like nobody wants to admit it's been done and eat their own hats. Shocking.

If you stacked power on all blue gear you'd have like 7-8k before your stone/buffs/artifacts. So you're saying that you could get 10k power from that?

I mean typically you'd see rank 5-7 enchants at 2k so they could also stack radiants for another 1150 power but then you'll never hit 11k crit.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2015

If you stacked power on all blue gear you'd have like 7-8k before your stone/buffs/artifacts. So you're saying that you could get 10k power from that?

I mean typically you'd see rank 5-7 enchants at 2k so they could also stack radiants for another 1150 power but then you'll never hit 11k crit.

Lesson in GWF's, we spec into two feats that give us 25% of our Recovery and Armor Penetration and 20% of our Defense as power. Lesson done, do your homework. +2 Paladins with the power buff and there you go.
  • Options

Lesson in GWF's, we spec into two feats that give us 25% of our Recovery and Armor Penetration and 20% of our Defense as power. Lesson done, do your homework. +2 Paladins with the power buff and there you go.

With blue gear this would only account for ~2-3k power and ~2-3k power from both paladins.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options

Yeah, whatever.

I guess that paladins gave you that 9k crit as well....
  • Options

Yeah, whatever.

I guess the paladins gave you that 9k crit as well....

• Options
    eyceaethereyceaether Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    3k+3k+8k=14k

There's a feat that gives you +25% power when you slam (If you pick it). 14k+25% = 17.5k every time you use slam.

Then you have boons...

Also, keep in mind the difference between 14k power and 17k power.

That's a 35% vs 42.5% damage bonus. Are you really going to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and moan about a 7.5% damage difference? Really?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    eyceaether wrote: »
    3k+3k+8k=14k

There's a feat that gives you +25% power when you slam (If you pick it). 14k+25% = 17.5k every time you use slam.

Then you have boons...

: |

It's from the 3 mythic artifacts he has equipped.

He should only have sigil equipped because it by itself would have stats more similar to all the artifacts a 2k would have.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options

You signed up for the entertainment of the masses for this thread when you posted that video, you should know by now that this implies more trolling in your direction :p
  • Options
    I understand, yes she has 3 mythic artifacts. 3k Power (7.5% more damage) is such a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> laughable thing to complain about.

Do you all realize what a tiny difference that makes?

If two GWFs do 100k damage per second, and one GWF gets 3k more power, the one with more power will do 107.5k more damage. If you're fighting a boss with 100,000,000 HP, that's 1000 seconds vs 930 seconds. That's a little more than a minute. Are you really going to complain about that?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Shrug off the 9000 crit like it doesn't exist. Now don't tell me +4000 crit from a normal 2k's usual amount doesn't amount to anything let alone the full lostmauth set which I'm pretty sure every new GWF is going to have right off the bat...

My GWF is 2.3k, only 6000 crit with an azure in every offense slot possible.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I understand, yes she has 3 mythic artifacts. 3k Power (7.5% more damage) is such a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> laughable thing to complain about.

Do you all realize what a tiny difference that makes?

If two GWFs do 100k damage per second, and one GWF gets 3k more power, the one with more power will do 107.5k more damage. If you're fighting a boss with 100,000,000 HP, that's 1000 seconds vs 930 seconds. That's a little more than a minute. Are you really going to complain about that?
    Wouldn't losing that and the lostmauth set be like losing 33% of their damage? Then even more when they crit less. And they'll be down like 20,000 HP so they'll get one hit more often.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    +4000 crit is +10% critical chance. Depending on your critical severity, it can be between a 7.5%-17% DPS increase. You're gonna complain about that too? I can do the math to show its not as big of a deal as you're saying it is.

If she used ACT and showed you the logs, you still wouldn't believe it... -_-
  • Options
    +4000 crit is +10% critical chance. Depending on your critical severity, it can be between a 7.5%-17% DPS increase. You're gonna complain about that too? I can do the math to show its not as big of a deal as you're saying it is.

And she probably has a T. Vorpal on too. I guess that's not worth mentioning. If you seperate all of it and say it's "only" 17% here and 7% there it doesn't sound like much but it adds up.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2015

10% more crit, a vorpal, and the lostmauth set. Oh no, that's not a huge DPS at all. Don't give me that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. As soon as I completed that set the damage boost was most certainly noticeable and large and I couldn't imagine if I had 10% more crit on top of that AS WELL as a vorpal enchant.

You should have expected a firestorm. I have seen NO fresh 2k GWF with those stats and gear all together in one. If you expect a new GWF still gearing up is going to compare like that and stand any chance you need to try again.