What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T2 epic runs, with IL 2K?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    If you put as much effort into your own playtime as you do into the forums you'd probably be BiS by now. Keep up the good work.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options
    eyceaethereyceaether Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    T.Vorpal can be up to a 50% dps increase with 100% crit. Let's say she had 40% crit, and then got 10% more for 50% crit and 100% critical severity (Not hard to get to)

I'm going to napkin math it out, and to do so I'm going to compare it to the base stats you used.

So we've got:

+7.5% from power
    +10% from crit
    25% from T.Vorpal
    2% from T.Vorpal

44.5% more DPS than the stats you listed. Using my example above, if one GWF does the normalized 100,000 dps and one of them boosted 144,500 dps the time to kill a boss that has 100,000,000 HP would be 1000 seconds and 692 seconds. Basically a 5 minute difference.

EDIT: Forgot Lostmauth set. That might be anywhere from 10% more damage to 30%. I don't know exactly because I don't have it. So with Lostmauth set giving 20% more damage (Which I doubt because its CRIT reliant, but I'm being generous in my math) you can shave off like 2 more minutes. So instead of a 5 minute difference it would be a 7 minute difference.

Because things in the game may stack different, the numbers are probably off... but you get the picture.
  • Options
    humorisbenefithumorisbenefit Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Only one party, cant you guys make it happen per hour if it is so easy?

edit, oh sorry I forgot it is easy for 0.1% of players so it means 40 - 60 players can run it easily with 2K item level(if they have all boons, mythic sets and best bugged stuff).
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    eyceaether wrote: »
    T.Vorpal can be up to a 50% dps increase with 100% crit. Let's say she had 40% crit, and then got 10% more for 50% crit and 100% critical severity (Not hard to get to)

I'm going to napkin math it out, and to do so I'm going to compare it to the base stats you used.

So we've got:

+7.5% from power
    +10% from crit
    25% from T.Vorpal
    2% from T.Vorpal

44.5% more DPS than the stats you listed. Using my example above, if one GWF does the normalized 100,000 dps and one of them boosted 144,500 dps the time to kill a boss that has 100,000,000 HP would be 1000 seconds and 692 seconds. Basically a 5 minute difference.

EDIT: Forgot Lostmauth set. That might be anywhere from 10% more damage to 30%. I don't know exactly because I don't have it. So with Lostmauth set giving 20% more damage (Which I doubt because its CRIT reliant, but I'm being generous in my math) you can shave off like 2 more minutes. So instead of a 5 minute difference it would be a 7 minute difference.

Because things in the game may stack different, the numbers are probably off... but you get the picture.

You do realize the lostmauth set's damage scales with all damage modifiers, including the destroyer's capstone. Along with weapon master and 9000 crit that's easily over 50% crit.

Redo that run and remove a piece of the set, and cut 3000-4000 crit off the GWF. You'll notice the difference.

• Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    kievitz, to answer your initial question - no you cannot.

Ignore the people here giving completely distorted answers, they live in a different world. You need trans vorpals, 10k critical, lostmauth sets, things that 2k in the real world don't actually have, because when they have those they are not 2k anymore.
  • Options
    blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    1.0I cannot complete T2s, it HAS to be a balance problem! 1.0​​
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Ignore the people here giving completely distorted answers, they live in a different world. You need trans vorpals, 10k critical, lostmauth sets, things that 2k in the real world don't actually have, because when they have those they are not 2k anymore.

Distorted, sure, ok....

What do you expect new players are like then...? Or do you hang with your guildies so often that you forget how badly off most people are?

• Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    ghoulz66 wrote: »

Distorted, sure, ok....

What do you expect new players are like then...? Or do you hang with your guildies so often that you forget how badly off most people are?

You clearly misunderstood me, I am responding to those that claim that having those things I mentioned are what normal 2k have. If you read previous post you will see that I never once claimed that having those things are normal nor should they be expected to run a successful t2.

I have actually never run any dungeons with any guild, I believe that the best challenge is running everything in PUGs, along with the language problems, the bad player, the bad class combinations and the new players - doing it that way is the best way to feel satisfied with victory.

• Options
    kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    As to the initial question, it got answered. You can run T2 with 2k IL.

Only problem is they had epic gear and end-game artis, i would have liked to see their armor and weapon enchants + arti weapon powers too, high end i suppose.

No fresh 2K IL can run epic T2 dungeons and that is a FACT ladies and gentlemen, the posted video has made it clear. Or else they would have completed it with totally different gear.
    I don't know why they even made it.

The video is just a big FU (not an intended one i hope). Only thing for fresh 2K IL players is to say, go and grind AD for gear, find a carry party or use RL money to get thru with T2 content.

The question was about fresh 2K IL players. If you didn't get that, not my fault.