test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strongholds Issues

Comments

• Options
    kellyviperforcekellyviperforce Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Any estimated time for the fix? Would be nice to know...
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    fanattick wrote: »
    Try changing your in-game display settings to windowed mode.
    That might be a great idea if we could get into the game to do so....
  • Options
    prioriuspriorius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    Loading screen crashes just before character choosing screen. Sometimes info displays at the bottom: "Tesselation not supported, skipping domain shader creation."
  • Options
    allybell123allybell123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    mine is in window mode and still cant get in ... 1am here I give up night all and hope it works for you all :)
  • Options
    time2011time2011 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    this is ridiculous module 6 was already in desperate need of fixing now this mod seriously...every new mod you guys introduce its like your trying to find new ways to irritate players. cant even get passed the damn neverwinter screen and I run windows 10 as well nothing wrong with my pc in the slightest
  • Options
    bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    Seems we getting no reply i guess dev gone for the day
  • Options
    jayalinejayaline Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    No, I will NOT update my graphics driver. I just got done fixing this stupid issue with it not loading, turns out the graphics driver was the problem! Just fix the game--it worked fine before the mod. I don't even want to play Strongholds, PvP is not my thing.
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I got an old dirt PC I built from parts. Win 7 64 pro. nVidia GTX 550 ti. Not updated the drivers in 5 years.
    Game runs same as before. Was stuck at the first loading screen for about 20 seconds then finished. Not happened since the game was up.
    People I play with are also reporting graphics driver crashed and has recovered error.
    I should add that I'm not in a guild, not been to strongholds.
    My g/f client was running fine till she went to strongholds, now her game can't even load w/o crashing w/ the graphics driver error.
  • Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    It really would have been nice if they would have looked into the display bug 6 months ago when people started reporting it, now the game is just unplayable by many. If 6 months is not long enough for them to find a fix I'm not sure it will ever be playable by the people having the trouble now. I'm just glad I didnt buy the zen earlier today for a 6 month VIP.
  • Options
    dragonspirit1969dragonspirit1969 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Bottom line the game worked for me all day yesterday... they roll out strongholds, now It locks up on the main screen... IT IS NOT THE PLAYERS ISSUE Dev's.. Either roll back the game to what it was yesterday and fix it or I believe you will start to loose more players than you already have..
  • Options
    nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    Time to take the servers back down and fix this, its an issue with the client not our pc's... all my drivers are up to date, plus my specs faaaaaaaaaar outstrip what nvw is capable of.
  • Options
    korrummkorrumm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    •Graphics client crash where players can't get past loading screen: We're looking into fixing this. Please update your graphics drivers. We're also hearing that just waiting for a significant amount of time will get you past the loading screen if you do not click anywhere after the client launches.
    •Large patch when visiting Strongholds for the first time.
    •VIP Rank 1 Per day and other abilities cannot be claimed until you re-log back in.
    •Crushing Wave Lockbox not in WB.

Drivers up-to-date and running Win 10. Load screen crashes just before choose character screen. Sometimes info displays at the bottom: "Tesselation not supported, skipping domain shader creation." I let the game sit for 15 minutes without touching the computer and the game still would not load. Tried opening the game in regular and safe mode. No difference here.
  • Options
    candispiritcandispirit Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Sounds like its just a bad patch, I'm sure theyll be sending out another one to fix it. I had the same issue with another game. Was a corrupted patch file
  • Options
    Im angry at myself, I should have known better than to take today off.
  • Options
    korrumm wrote: »
    •Graphics client crash where players can't get past loading screen: We're looking into fixing this. Please update your graphics drivers. We're also hearing that just waiting for a significant amount of time will get you past the loading screen if you do not click anywhere after the client launches.
    •Large patch when visiting Strongholds for the first time.
    •VIP Rank 1 Per day and other abilities cannot be claimed until you re-log back in.
    •Crushing Wave Lockbox not in WB.

Drivers up-to-date and running Win 10. Load screen crashes just before choose character screen. Sometimes info displays at the bottom: "Tesselation not supported, skipping domain shader creation." I let the game sit for 15 minutes without touching the computer and the game still would not load. Tried opening the game in regular and safe mode. No difference here.

I agree, I even waited 30min and even now its still not responding, I can leave it open for hours and it still wouldn't let me passed the screen. maybe tomorrow will be slightly less irritating
  • Options
    jayalinejayaline Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I got it past the loading issue and it seems to be working fine now.
    1) Delete the Gameprefs.pref file (mine on Windows 7 is located at Program Files/Neverwinter_en/Neverwinter/Live/localdata).
    2) In the launcher, choose Options from the upper right-hand corner. Select Force Verify and Safe Mode. Login and let it run the force verify. It will open in windowed mode. I let it run as far as the character select screen, then had to log off for a bit because reasons. Logged back on, now it seems to work fine.

Good luck.
  • Options
    jayaline wrote: »
    1) Delete the Gameprefs.pref file (mine on Windows 7 is located at Program Files/Neverwinter_en/Neverwinter/Live/localdata).
    2) In the launcher, choose Options from the upper right-hand corner. Select Force Verify and Safe Mode. Login and let it run the force verify. It will open in windowed mode. I let it run as far as the character select screen, then had to log off for a bit because reasons. Logged back on, now it seems to work fine.

Good luck.

Testing now, ill let y'all know what happens! It's nice to have Devs like you on it jay ;)
  • Options
    merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    So did you guys at cryptic fix it. I got alot of stuff on the ah right now and need those ad :P
  • Options
    sharonious_rebelsharonious_rebel Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    now at 6,000 seconds trying to load the Strongholds map, but I got through all the map patching.. should I restart or will I have to patch all 1000+ files again?
  • Options
    gonna give that thing jayaline said except I don't know how you delete the thing I bolded, how do u do that?
    jayaline wrote: »

Good luck.

• Options
    viodragon55viodragon55 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Have the issue of not going beyond the screen shot after cryptic. I cannot log on at all and already know my drivers are up to date with the latest. Hopefully this can be resolved. I deleted neverwinter and loaded it back in again to see if that would do the trick, no luck. Kind of upsetting since my abilities of being on mmo's is not going well. Also play Rift and have a huge issue where full screen goes down and windowed kicks me from the game but not minimalize. Please work again as I am no fan of tera but would love to see Neverwinter play style on a massive world like Rift.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I play in windowed mode. The game loaded just fine this morning, and ran great until I logged out 20 minutes prior to maintenance. I am currently trying the Force Verify/Safe Mode option. We'll see if it works...
    Update: Force Verify/Safe Mode is your friend. Working ok for now.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    fanattickfanattick Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    fanattick wrote: »
    Try changing your in-game display settings to windowed mode.

We are saying we are not in the game. How do you do that from launcher?

From the launcher there is a settings options button, scroll down to game and try changing from full screen to safe mode or windowed.
  • Options
    So does it work now?
  • Options
    xlunarblossomxxlunarblossomx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    My drivers are up to date. I WAS running Windows 10, even reverted back to 8.1 to see if that would fix it. They said that waiting a "significant amount of time without clicking anything" may fix it & get it past the loading screen but I waiting so long my laptop tried to go back to sleep. Please hurry & fix the game. Strongholds was already delayed on its release, someone really should've made sure a bug THIS big was resolved prior to launch but since it wasn't, you'd think it'd be resolved by course of a few hours passing and a BUNCH of people having this problem. I love this game. I'm part of a guild, but I don't even WANT PvP... what's even the point of a patch releasing if you can't play it??? -.-
  • Options
    This is what happened with elemental evil.
  • Options
    not sure but if it works i'll post right here that the force verify safe mode does work if not well it'll be obvious heh