test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strongholds Issues

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Here's our list of currently known issues for Strongholds. Please submit any you find:
  • Graphics client crash where players can't get past loading screen: We're looking into fixing this. Please update your graphics drivers. We're also hearing that just waiting for a significant amount of time will get you past the loading screen if you do not click anywhere after the client launches. Another workaround is setting options in the launcher to Force Verify and play in Safe Mode.
  • Large patch when visiting Strongholds for the first time.
  • VIP Rank 1 Per day and other abilities cannot be claimed until you re-log back in.
  • Crushing Wave Lockbox not in WB.
  • Major issue where players are not receiving the proper Seals or rewards from dungeon chests: We're aware of this and are looking into a fix.
  • PvP Match will start even when people refuse.
  • VIP Rank 12 on Gateway still has posting fee.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• gallifreyan999gallifreyan999 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    When I try to log in, I get past the "Cryptic" screen and onto the "Neverwinter" splash screen - but there it hangs up. I have to CTRL, ALT, DEL to get out of it. (I use Windows 7, if that's any help and have updated my graphics driver.) I've tried launching it with and without the Arc client and also in safe mode - same result every time.

EDIT - I also had the 5+ gig "patch" and completed it.

EDIT 2 - the above mentioned patch was prompted from the launch screen before it'd let me even try to connect.
  • melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    Large patch? Am at 40 mins of server not responding during the load screen to the Stronghold.
  • lordtrekkielordtrekkie Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    When I try to log in, I get past the "Cryptic" screen and onto the "Neverwinter" splash screen - but there it hangs up. I have to CTRL, ALT, DEL to get out of it. (I use Windows 7, if that's any help and have updated my graphics driver.) I've tried launching it with and without the Arc client and also in safe mode - same result every time.
    What they said.
    signature_zpsf319abdd.png~original
  • yckebyckeb Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same issue sticks at the neverwinter screen everytime. Have tried rebooting a complete shut down and restart and everysingle time I get stuck at the same place.
  • fredderickjcfredderickjc Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I use windows 10 and same thing happens so its not on out end its on ur guys and saying that u might want to hurry up and fix this before u lose a chunk of ur player base
  • tymcomtymcom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Im having the same issues as gallifreyan999, I use Windows 8.1
  • treasleatreaslea Member Posts: 1 New User
    Display driver crashed on loading screen after one with cryptic logo. I'm on Windows 10, and my drivers are all up to date.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    > @gallifreyan999 said:
    > When I try to log in, I get past the "Cryptic" screen and onto the "Neverwinter" splash screen - but there it hangs up. I have to CTRL, ALT, DEL to get out of it. (I use Windows 7, if that's any help and have updated my graphics driver.) I've tried launching it with and without the Arc client and also in safe mode - same result every time.

Same.... even verified the game files twice
  • fredderickjcfredderickjc Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    > @treaslea said:
    > Display driver crashed on loading screen after one with cryptic logo. I'm on Windows 10, and my drivers are all up to date.

same here
  • roensilvertreeroensilvertree Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    On Windows 7, after I log in and click Play, I get the Cryptic screen, then the Neverwinter screen. The NW screen hangs for a couple minutes, then my screen flickers and I get a message telling me that my AMD display driver has stopped responding and recovered. I've checked that I have the latest drivers (I do) and restarted my computer several times. Still stuck.
  • sharonious_rebelsharonious_rebel Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    got the large patch on strongholds. It goes pretty fast per file, but gets hung up every once and awhile (1.4k sec, 555 files to go...)
  • cxzvzccxzvzc Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Just wait till tommorrow if u are UK and be 11-1PM it might be back up and running
  • clairevansclairevans Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2015

EDIT - I also had the 5+ gig "patch" and completed it.

also what my dear friend said! cept i am on win 10

currently playing.. PW dreamwever server
    FW CB3
    BOI Aquarious server
  • illmanorsillmanors Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    your game doesn't work, maybe an issue with opening through steam? as they've all said, crashes on load up.
  • revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    Same here... 700 secs and still 1017 files...
  • candispiritcandispirit Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    On windows 10, can't get past neverwinter loading screen after servers came back uo
  • amberlenaaamberlenaa Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @treaslea said:
    > Display driver crashed on loading screen after one with cryptic logo. I'm on Windows 10, and my drivers are all up to date
    Same
  • gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    PVP queue for domination will sometimes create teams of 4 players, so the match can never start and everyone is stuck in the map.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Doesn't start. My drivers are updated but the screen goes black after the Cryptic loading screen. I wish I hadn't predicted this.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Windows 7, 16GB RAM, NVidia Graphics card, drivers up to date (just downloaded & installed). Display Driver still crashed and gameclient.exe Not Responding.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    same up to date graphics windows 8 and i was on the neverwinter screen 30 mins still nothing
    so is this an issue with windows users ?
  • hristu1111hristu1111 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    When in stronghold, the greaphic near the front gate it's bad my water horse when I press space the other two horses are one in the ground and one in the far back.
    When the Ranger comes to speak with you about what he saw in the wood, the first graphic of a women it's bad, she is half in the ground and they rest of the charachters appers like a flash, and the sound is not working so well.
    This is all I saw I wil come with updates if it's necessary
  • revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    Geez guys, stop relasing new mods, you can't handle it ...
  • candispiritcandispirit Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Here's our list of currently known issues for Strongholds. Please submit any you find:
    • Graphics client crash where players can't get past loading screen: We're looking into fixing this. Please update your graphics drivers. We're also hearing that just waiting for a significant amount of time will get you past the loading screen if you do not click anywhere after the client launches.
    • Large patch when visiting Strongholds for the first time.
    • VIP Rank 1 Per day and other abilities cannot be claimed until you re-log back in.
    • Crushing Wave Lockbox not in WB.

My Drivers are up to date, still stuck on neverwinter screen

• fanattickfanattick Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Hah, all the comments about hurry up crack me up. It's a game guys. It seems like they missed something when implementing the update, it will get fixed. Threaten the company is not going to make them move any faster, if you are waiting for the update then you obviously love the game. Every game has some glitches on patch day.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Coffer contribution isn't showing in the Guild panel
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • fanattickfanattick Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Try changing your in-game display settings to windowed mode.
  • roensilvertreeroensilvertree Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    New crash error: Fatal Error: Direct32 driver returns error code [DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED] while checking sync query.