test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Needed: Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC

Comments

• reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    I'm sad that even though there were lots of posts adressing the foundry, once again, it gets completely ignored. I guess I should just lose hope in it already...
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • draekalusdraekalus Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Even with all the questionable changes, I decided to play the game myself after quitting in January 2014 due to it being my senior year in highschool, losing access to my PC. (Indian parents,man...) So after a year an d a half I have access to a better rig that can run most games decently, I want to dive into my favorite MMO of ALL-TIME. I'm not even joking, the first "real" MMO I tried was DC Universe Online, a game's business practices which Neverwinter seem to be emulating. Hint: DCUO is completely dead now. Higher tier players gain nothing from lower-tier content, etc.. But that's not the point. Let me get into my main issue, which I can bet is the most severe in this thread.

I download the game,right? And to my surprise the last place I played in was Sharandar, shocked to see "you are too low level". Oh well, whatever. Just grind through, even though all the players I encountered said that the journey from 60-70 was tedious (take another hint. The journey from 1-60 was awesome. Literally just rehash that and we will be happy. You will get away with rehashing. In fact, we are ENCOURAGING it). So I play the game for a few hours on my GWF Destroyer (I chose that tree due to it fitting my playstyle, never knew it was the only viable one, although Instigator was always useless. And I completely wreck 1v1's in PvP like 70% of the time, or at least out of the 5 or so matches I played. I won't waste time adressing previous post's issues, as they are loud and clear, and had a VERY noticeable difference, especially since I'm returning after 18 months. I go to the creator screen, create a Hunter Ranger because I always wanted one (didn't know enough of the SW or OP, would have still chosen HR anyway. Most unique class in the game.) I play the first 10 minutes, log out, exit game. That was July 19.

So after lunch and an hour of lazing about, I start the game again to jump right back into my GWF, and wanted to purchase a hefty amount of Zen for the mounts and a race reroll token (being a wood elf just looks ridiculous, too skinny lol. And I wanted an epic mount because my starter one is just too slow. Heh.). And hey, guess what? The game crashes. I see the launcher, I click play. All good. Then the game actually launches. I see the Cryptic logo.... and nothing else. Not even a loading bar. I thought, oh, some new problem eh? Cryptic error message pops up, I send my error message, and restart the game. Guess what? Same thing happens again. After nearly 3 hours of this garbage, I decide to finally uninstall and reinstall the game. AFTER trying the known fixes (start it directly, not from Arc, safe mode, you name it.)

So I reinstall the game. All 8GB of it.It finishes re-downloading, and I'm hyped as hell to get back in man, all the campaigns and all... although we have only THREE dungeons! (another hint: PC isn't Xbox.) So the launcher updates, whatever, and I start the game. Can I play it? NO! Same problem AGAIN. I tried again all night to no avail. I give up and uninstall Neverwinter AND Arc along with it. I try installing it on Steam instead. And it finishes downloading. SAME PROBLEM. I'm just like..... Having Common Sense Cancer, man. After another few hours of this ordeal, I give in again and reinstall it on Steam. The fourth time I obviously had the same problem, and tried to verify the games cache using Steam. And it always says 2 files are missing... strange. Immediately after this, the launcher begins downloading a 4GB patch, which quickly became 3.6GB an hour later. Strange-er.

After another day of this debacle I give up and remove any traces of Neverwinter from Steam, and check to see if Arc is still installed. It is not. I re-download Arc, and click on download Neverwinter, feeling optimistic. So it just finished downloading 20 minutes ago (that would be 2.34AM, 22 July 2015, in Malaysia.) And oh boy I'm REALLY excited to download 8GB of data, FIVE TIMES in just THREE DAYS. SAME PROBLEM! And no, other games work perfectly fine. Team Fortress 2, DCUO, Dragon's Prophet, Firefall, TERA, Warframe, were all working perfectly fine. So the only answer seems to be a problem with the Neverwinter game itself. I am really disappointed with the dev team that they let the bugs pile up and pile up and pile up that it leads to a situation like this.

I could be wrong, it could be my fault, but at thismoment it seems highly unlikely. I posted on the official facebook page (I dont have twitter), tried asking friends, nothing. Same problem. Could it be that the devs neglect bugs SO MUCH that the game becomes downright UNPLAYABLE? This is appalling. and I thought DCUO was bad. At least that game made it clear it intended to rip you off. I was really interested in spending my hard-earned money on this game, and for Malaysian money I would be spending over 200 bucks, so it isn't a small amount. Now why would I pay money for a product I cannot even use? I do not even see a damn loading bar beneath the Cryptic logo! And server maintenance doesn't take days either.... This is fishy. Something is clearly wrong here, and I need help to even LAUNCH the game.

Sorry for the long post, it is my first one, ever.

P.S: Apologies for the angry tone. I am not angry. I'm <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> outraged beyond my imagination. It would suck to abandon this game because I genuinely love it and has so much potential. Bugwinter Online indeed.
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Honestly, at this point, my #1 concern is lag. When the servers are behaving, tanking Garakas on an HR is fun and fantastically challenging- one misstep, and you're dead, but if you can keep ahead of him, you feel like an utter <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    When the servers are not behaving, I'll get fun things like dodging, seeing my character model reappear six feet away, but having my camera(and, evidently, hitbox!) stay exactly where it was. I don't know which change triggered it, but since mod6 launched, a lot of the best boss fights from earlier mods have been painfully laggy.
    At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how skilled or geared you are- when the game drops you into an unstable time loop, you are not going to be able to finish the fights. We want to love this game; please, let us!

Secondary concerns include things like the absence of gear for certain roles. You finally gave Sentinels the tools to hold threat- fantastic! I love the way the class plays, now, but I'm really feeling the absence of something analogous to the Imposing Scrapper/Titan set from pre-6. Sentinels now have the threat to tank, but they no longer have the ability to absorb the damage that comes with doing so.
    The newer gear sets actually have a lot of potential- if each class had access to an Assault, Raid, and Ward set, you'd get to see some really unconventional builds, be it highly aggressive tanks or really crunchy dps. Losing some efficacy in their core role is an inevitable result, but the fact that there are no longer set bonuses to lose by mixing and matching, players could cherry pick the pieces that gave them the exact stats they wanted
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    @draekalus
    download it through Steam
    start it
    go into the NWO game launcher options
    disable on-demand patching
    let the game download, btw. the full game is nearly 15GB not just 8GB
    go back into the NWO game launcher options
    force verify
    wait for the check to finish
    start the game
    do nothing until you see the character screen
    that should do the trick.

if not, try starting in safe mode.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    edited July 2015
    @regenerde
    I tried that exact tip the 3rd time I downloaded it, and tried it many times too. And everytime I download it it always downloads 8GB. Funniest part? The preview server works, just not the live one. Strange. Oh and currently, I'm on Arc, force verifying it, disabled on-demand patching. And safe mode never worked.
    Just guessing here... but sounds like something is preventing you from downloading the full game?
    Want to know why?
    @regenerde , that would definitely be sad. I forced verify again, and now it's downloading a 4GB patch.

Note: When I first did it, it was downloading a 7.3GB "patch", but then it stopped at 33%, and internet was fine. I cancel it, close launcher, and relaunch, and re-force verify. Now it's downloading the 4GB patch again. This is extremely frustrating and disappointing.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    Make sure you also "disable on-demand patching" option.

Have you also updated your video card drivers?
    ...and what version of Windows are you using?
    ...and what video card?
    ...and how much RAM?
    ​​
    edited July 2015
    The point is, if on-demand patching is active, it will download the rest of the game when it's needed, and that might cause problems ingame, if your internet conection can't handle the download and the playing at the same time...
    Mine can't, that's why i have to disable on-demand patching, and allways download anything fully before i can play it.

Any friend in your area, that also plays the game and could copy the full game on an USB stick/extern USB HD, and you try to copy that into your game folder, run a force verify again and see if it works then?

To come back on topic, perhaps making sure that the game launcher allways downloads the full game the first time it is installed?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
    @eldarth I have 4GB RAM, Windows 7, and my GPU is AMD Radeon HD 6570. Not a pc-savvy guy exactly, but this was the exact same setup I used when I last played the game two years ago. And yes, I think my video-card drivers are up to date. @regenerde Strange. I don't have any friends nearby who play NW sadly, but how do I make sure the launcher downloads the full game every time? Every time I downloaded the game in the past 4 days, it has always been a download of 8GB. And keep in mind, on day 1 after downloading, I PLAYED the game, did some of the Elemental Evil quests and Pvp, only after exiting and re-launching a few hours later did this issue pop up. And a few hours ago, I could play, but on the preview server.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    draekalus

Try to reinstall you windows i had the same issue after i changed some gear in my pc.
    And block the windows update before you reinstalled and all your software &NWO.

GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
    edited July 2015
    @eldarth @regenerde Update: the game again downloaded a 7.4GB "patch" and it finished downloading. I unchecked On-demand patching and force verified all files. Same problem. Funny, the error message I always got said "unable to initialize on-demand patching."

Maybe this will help, but every time I force verify it verifies a total of 87615 files, according to the launcher.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    guys, even though I hope you can fix your problem, could we please go back on topic?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    @reiwulf so sorry to disturb, but I've gone everywhere and tried everything to get the game to work to no avail, and I consider it to be an issue, clearly even if it is fault on my side, it is not 100%, besides the lag, server DC's, and so on. I just need help to actually even launch the game. Sorry for inconvenience caused.
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Draekalis, try posting in this part of the forum:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/categories/technical-support2
    You might have better luck there
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Thank you Strum on opening this thread. I hope this kind of action continues with regular "State of Neverwinter" reports outlining what are the priorities and what is being worked on. This might alleviate the sense that some have that their concerns are not being addressed.

Personally, I feel the following things require attention much sooner rather than later:

1. Balance Feats among classes. Devoted Clerics have the WORST heroic feat set of any of the classes including two (Holy Resolve, Templar's Domain) with 5 min internal cooldowns, Cleanse that recently had its efficacy reduced, Repurpose Soul (which still does not work with several powers), and one (Initiate of the Faith) that provides 1% Critical Chance for every 40,000 Power a player has. Juxtapose that with Oathbound Paladins that get a feat (Force of Will) which gives 1% Critical Chance for EVERY point of Charisma over 10 or even Light's Shield that gives a direct increase in Damage Reduction . If procs were entirely removed from the feat paths, it might simplify the coding and reduce unexpected interactions.

2. Fix power bugs. Things such as Roots not respecting CC immunity from dodges are gamebreaking, as PvP is becoming a greater focal point in the game's maturity. Poorly implemented mechanics with some powers not respecting immunity frames, or that fighter blocks have a delay in activation as the game is waiting for animation is ruining an experience with what has the potential to be the best immersive combat system in MMOs.

3. Remove the requirement for another same rank enchantment to upgrade Rank 7-10. Most players don't have the AD resources to significantly get beyond Rank 8 enchantments because of this barrier to entry. Rank 8s, 9s are not readily available in-game to get to the higher tiers. Upgrading from rank 10 is actually easier than those mid-range tiers at te moment. The effect of this is to reduce the gear divide between the haves and have nots. While I agree that a paying customer should have access to a greater variety of items (as available in the zen market), it should not be only those players that are competitive in the game itself.

4. Fix the damage from epic encounters. The base damage for mobs in these areas are already significant 30-100k base, and it seems bug in their applied armour penetration with player damage reduction is INCREASING the damage beyond those numbers. This is most evident in Tier 2 epic dungeons where the regular auto-attack from archers can hit for 134k hp whereas the hp max for non tank players is about 90k in all epic gear. Enemy Armour Penetration should not really be necessary with the new stat scaling anyway as Damage Reduction is not easy to build up now. Frankly base damage should be high and a player build, power set, and play skill should mitigate this. Every mob one/two-shot killing players does not make for a fun playable experience.

Once again I appreciate your attempt to reach out to the player-base in this way. As mentioned before, I hope this results in regular communication as to the direction and flow that the game will take apart from the marketing messages of new mods to come.

Regards.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    1 BoE stuff:
    The reduction in the number of BoP items and the increase in the number of BoE items. Sellable loot from dungeons that will stimulate the player economy in a non rp related way. For f2p players to progress and feel rewarded for their efforts, they need to be able to grind items and sell them. They could do this with RP, but lets be serious here, this isn't fun and leads to player burn out (the opposite of retention and bad for game stability over all) Drops from dungeons will never be automated by bots and so hence, its safe to leave as BoE. To retain players on a whole, there needs to be a satisfying way to make income in the game, look at other games like path of exile, you don't have to buy anything there and yet the game still grosses a profit. I don't expect any game to go that p4f, but it doesn't hurt to move more in that direction, after all, it does nothing but help retain player. I get so despondent when gearing up characters at the moment due to there being no feasible way to improve my character that I don't ever bother gearing up beyond the absolute minimum requirements to enter dungeons.

2 Dungeon overhaul:
    I would like to see the older dungeons brought back, but without reducing their length. Something I loved about the old dungeons was that if players explored, there were a lot of nice things to discover in them, like the 4th boss in spellplague caverns. I was massively disappointed with the removal of the 4th boss in cragmire, although a I am glad to see the difficulty ramped up. With the overhaul, the loot that a player recieves in a dungeon needs to be worth the effort it takes to run them. I might like running dungeons purely for fun....but my friends list, who in the past would all be eager to run dungeons with me, has either quit or is too busy farming heralds/tiamat for ad because dungeons are just not worth it. Dungeons should be the most rewarding content in the game, not equal in reward to the foundry. And no, one occasional horn drop (although I have had 13 due to my 1k+ runs of elol) is not acceptable from a risk vs reward standpoint. There need to be consistent drops, like castle never used to be, to incentivise players to run dungeons. Things like trading and leadership should not be the only way to earn AD, as only a minority of the playerbase has the temperment suited for either and guess what, that mindset is not necessarily the mindset of a skilled player.

3 Refinement overhaul:
    There are plenty of threads on this, my opinion is basically that of chems old thread which you locked which you probably still have, also, there are plenty of alternatives offered by the playerbase to this system. Either remove it entirely and just have enchantments+runestones, or turn Rap into something like AD, a currency on your tab and make it a reward in dungeons, or change it in some other ways. The overwhelming majority in this game are against artifact gear, the premise behind it is exactly the same as paying monthly installments on a car, its a lot more expensive then just purchasing the ar outright. The option should exist somewhere to be able to get this gear in 1 go, for less then the gradual climb but still a large amount of effort, but unfortunately it doesn't and the current system just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

*Edit*
    When strum gets to 70, I would like his honest opinion on the levelling grind from 60-70 bearing in mind that some players have 1 of each class. I would like to see his own thoughts on the matter, since I will not be surprised if they mirror the communities:p
  • laggaliciouslaggalicious Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Issue: Level 60-70 advancement simplified - Assumption: At least one developer owns, and can use a simple calculator.

Math exercise: 1. Average player experience per vigilance quest x 16
    2. Result of #1 above X number of vigilance areas in Elemental Evil.
    3. Does the result equal, or even come close to, bringing the player to the number required to reach 70?

With the latest train wreck of an update in this area, not even close. Best case 67, maybe a little into 68. And that is ALSO doing daily dragons, seed quests as well as some IWD and DW toward the end. Yes I was trespassing in area where I didn't belong and still couldn't muster the exp for 70. Why? Because the exp curve is broken and the CONTENT developed to be the vehicle to get the player from 60-70 isn't doing it's job. Even the most obtuse developer should be able to grasp this basic concept. Content = what gets the player to his/her destination. This is BROKEN. Let me say that again for the tone deaf. This is BROKEN. Please fix it.
  • mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    Balance - Negation enchantment changes have severely impacted game play. Based on the rediculous mob damage coupled with numeric stat value changes, negation and soulforged enchantments are the only valued stones for both pvp and pve. In pvp it has really ruined it once they are transcendent. the damage resistance, coupled with tenacity and stat based resistances has created virtual immunity to the vast majority of damage after the first few hits. It just isn't right at all. Maybe look at the total amount that can be stacked? 10 stacks adding 30% resist on top of pvp resist and defensive resist AND additional defensive encounter/daily/etc. There are now charcter builds that can stack so much resist that even armor pen doesn't offset enough to break through to below 100% resist while engaged in combat and fully stacked. Domination rounds used to have a nice 5-15 minute time base and the classes had to be aware of the enemey classes tactic. Now nearly any class that has the negation enchants when facing an opponent without the same has so much raw advantage that it throws off classes completely. In pve it's become the essential stone to endure battles seconded by soulforged for the life saving recovery to the 200k hits that even small mobs deliver. Maybe reducing the stone stacks by a few, or requiring a little more time to build up that amount of increased resist would help balance out the defensive enchantments again.
    I've watched extremely well geared teams of 5 not be able to take down 1 or 2 cleric/paladin solo/duo in domination of the same gear and rough stats. That just can't happen. It just can't. I have all the classes and enjoy them all, but That stone coupled with a regen/defensive built paladin/cleric is over the top. I'm not even sure at this point how the testing was done on the pvp for this module release. I've been gaming since the beginning of digital gaming, and to not see this blows my mind. The community practically screams out these issues immediately. In the beginning of this game, the team acted fairly quickly on that level of issue. I hope the enchantment stones in general get a retune. No stone should so offset the game that other stones become trivial. I play here and there now, but I'm losing the zest for Neverwinter that has kept me in game since beta. Please no more direct blind nerfs either. Don't just have 2 team members play around with it and decide.. take the time to round it back out fairly. Help man.. help.
    Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    I have but ONE suggestion to help make this game more fun and enjoyable for all... LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME. TY
  • adammreillyadammreilly Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I only really play as a HR (although I have a GWF solely for his sigil), I've noticed a few buggy problems.
    Stillness of the forest (not at my gaming computer, but I think that was the feat) SUBTRACTS crit chance, instead of adding. This severely cripples my first round of attacks since as soon as I'm in combat, stillness is removed and my crits go back up where they're supposed to be.
    Sometimes after casting cordon of arrows or seismic shot, if I was holding the mouse button for an at-will attack, it stops registering the button push to go back into the at-wills.
    I read somewhere else about a bug that causes high defense to be reversed on tank/dps classes in dungeons. I've noticed a lot of that happening, to where I'm being one-shot from an archer who suddenly had a 200% efficiency on his damage...I think that is a huge bug that needs to be looked at and addressed.

I would like to see either some higher HP heal potions, or a shorter cooldown. I've only got 80k HPS, and when I'm getting mobbed and am down to 20k in the first round, 18 seconds is too long to run around in circles waiting to reheal, especially at level 70. I could see a 20k heal for that long, not 10k. Maybe a 1k per second cooldown would be a good starting rule?

I'm also hitting a wall with this free to play game, in that there are less and less ways to level up my artifact gear. White pearls and peridots are the most common drops, and even peridots are rare to me. I think I've seen 2 aquamarines in the past 2 weeks. I've not seen a refining stone in almost a month. I can't use my lvl 5 enchants to refine artifact gear like i can artifacts, which are all getting close to stuck while I try to get GMoPs. Which, is another aspect...So few ways for a casual player to make AD in order to buy things like GMoPs. I didn't do leadership professions before, so that nerf to the gateway didn't affect me, but I also didn't do the daily foundrys (since foundry is lacking as mentioned above), and pvp is sometimes to horrible I've stayed away from it since level 60 (for the most part). That leaves me with a daily dungeon, and the occasional epic drop from an epic dungeon that I salvaged...for a whopping 6k AD average a day...I think I made 500 AD yesterday selling <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> enchants in bulk (that I saved all week from doing the Minsc quests, don't get me started on those tho).
  • mikeofarcmikeofarc Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    The top three currently are pretty much no-brainers as far as I can see:

1) Fix the difficulty curve, starting at levels 60 through 70, and then right through DD and Skirmish content.

Sharandar, Dread Ring, IWD, etc. should all be 'easily' soloable content, other than heroic encounters. I love grouping with my guild, but I don't want to have to group every single time I set foot in one of these zones, as they are at best a grindy drag, at worst a deathtrap.

No other game I've played - and I've played a lot of MMO's - has had so little to do alone at max level. Games need this stuff. Even for those in guilds there are times where you just want to go and play a little on your own, to gather resources or make a bit of progress.

Quests such as The Portal to Tuern are NOT solo quests at 60 or 70. At least label them as group quests if you don't want them soloable by anyone other than majorly geared players and Oathbound Paladins :P

Want to witness the effect the difficulty has on any content above normal Temple of the Spider? Join the queue for Kessel's Retreat or eLoL, and see how long it is in comparison. Then see how many groups fall apart, many before they even start. Again, look at the curve... the game needs a steady increase in DD difficulty to get players actually joining again. You must surely have figures to show you the queue times and success rate for dungeons?

2) Fix the post 60 experience

It was fine as it was. It was a bit of a grind from 60 to 70, but with invoking and professions, it was acceptable. It's just ridiculous now. For a character that just does a little each day, such as professions, invokes, a DD, a bit towards the ToD Campaign... it'll take weeks to level, possibly a month or so.

As for overflow experience... levels take an eternity, and often leave you feeling disappointed when you get no power point.

If this move was made to sell experience boosts and gear in the shop, it was a bad move. You need to strike a balance between making the game fun and making money. Another example of this being charging for respecs... not good. Again, no other game I've played has limited the ability for players to mess around with builds in this way. It's counterproductive. Happy players are more likely to buy zen than unhappy players.

3) Fix Ad income

As things stand, you pretty much have no chance to make AD in-game without an army or alts for invokes and professions, decent gear to run Tiered DD's on a regular basis in a competent group, or no life at all so you can run dungeons and skirmishes every single day on multiple characters during the scheduled bonus hours.

Make AD the default currency, and remove gold. Allow players to earn a small amount of AD freely from killing mobs and completing ALL quests, so that they can choose when and how they earn the primary currency without subscribing to all the daily worklike routines just to have a steady income.

Again, this is how it works in every MMO I've ever played, and they've prospered without half the botting problems Neverwinter has.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    one thing . there were promise from the devs to look at if dragon hoards enchantment were not overnerfed...
    so please bring us at least the answer

i am sure 100% people in this thread will agree with that. thank you
  • theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    Give us our dungeons back ... I miss The Frozen Heart Caverns of Karrundax ect... you took away 11 dungeons and left us with 3 to run for endgame. 6 in total T1&2 you gave us more grind and less content and now are confused why eveyone is so bored of the same dungeons over and over. I could litterally run Epic Temple of the Spider in my sleep. Kill the spiders,fight the driders. kill 2 almost identical mini bosses (avoid their AoE kill the adds x2 grab your peridot or ring) stack the phase spiders and burn em to hell smack the lady till she grows a spider butt and smack her some more till loot falls out open you cache salvage and log out. variety is the spice of life and this game has gone straight vanilla much like your new forums
    and you ask why didnt anyone tesing this on preview say that? well maybe because those who were beta testing your game FOR FREE felt like you left them hanging in the breeze when your removing armors and changing things borked slots on their character and nobody wanted to re-grind 60-70 again. I know of many in my guild alone whos characters were ruined by an armor removal and just stopped doing preview all together because if you dont care then we wont ether. the tasty steaks this game used to serve up made your fanbase loyal I myself was a rabid fanboy for NWO but now those tasty steaks are mostly grind and gristle and tasteless.
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    theoddis1 wrote: »
    Give us our dungeons back ... I miss The Frozen Heart Caverns of Karrundax ect... you took away 11 dungeons and left us with 3 to run for endgame. 6 in total T1&2 you gave us more grind and less content and now are confused why eveyone is so bored of the same dungeons over and over. I could litterally run Epic Temple of the Spider in my sleep. Kill the spiders,fight the driders. kill 2 almost identical mini bosses (avoid their AoE kill the adds x2 grab your peridot or ring) stack the phase spiders and burn em to hell smack the lady till she grows a spider butt and smack her some more till loot falls out open you cache salvage and log out. variety is the spice of life and this game has gone straight vanilla much like your new forums.........snip

This!
    It's undoubted that some players will return for the new module. You really really need to add a hefty number of the dungeons you removed back in. Give people back the variety again to retain them as potential paying customers.
    Running the same content ad infinitum is a massive turn off for players. So many of us have loved this game and still do, but you're making it really easy for your competitiors

Edit: I should also say that I love the look of the new module. It's squaring up nicely. But that content alone may not be enough. Bring back those old dungeons, Please!

aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I can't stress enough how the damage scaling in Epic Dungeons is really ruining this game. It's tough to have any enjoyment when you cannot make a single error in a fight. Boss fights where the boss's auto-attack is doing [Combat (Self)] High Priestess Syndryth deals 328943 (258105) Physical Damage to you with Bite of the Spider, while the "trash mob" adds are respawning and auto-attacking with [Combat (Self)] Spiderling deals 69923 (71756) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack. The hit point pools for most toons at end-game are about 90k average.

This is absurd. Bear in mind, my toon I ran this with has 33% Damage Resistance in combat not including any buffs I may have had from Divine Glow. Ran with a GF Tank, CW, TR, and GWF all 2.2k to 3.2k iLevel. Because the attacks are auto-attacks with mobs attacking 2-3 times per 3 seconds, the moment you try to revive a teammate you die.

There's a reason I didn't play Dark Souls. I don't think ANY of the player base asked for this game to become Dark Souls - Neverwinter Edition.

Strumslinger Andy, ss you had mentioned while a group was livestreaming their Epic Cragmire Crypt run, please bring the ludicrous damage/difficulty up to the devs, if nothing else. When even the janitor can decapitate you at-will, it's no longer fun, just frustrating.

Edit:

Just did Grey Wolf Den. This is just stupid.

[Combat (Self)] Ethraniev Marrowslake deals 440868 (466796) Necrotic Damage to you with Shadowclysm.

[Combat (Self)] Ethraniev Marrowslake deals 431628 (464494) Necrotic Damage to you with Shadowclysm.

Post edited by lilhamlet on
  • geoffreysgeoffreys Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    I have gone through each post and tried to keep the integrity of the post/point while making it simple and easy enough to print out and take to a "developer meeting" so Andy (Strum) can bring as many issues as possible to DEV attention.

Up until this point here is a list of all the feedback in this thread:
    1) PVE Mobs deal HUGE damage - enough to 1 shot any character.
    2) Tier 2 dungeons have zero reward once you have your gear.
    3) Separate PVE and PVP skills
    4) New dungeons are worthless, old dungeons were better when you could sell items, giving a point to farming them
    5) Players want THREE viable trees for each character rather than just one that is hands down better than the rest (Example: Sentinel/Instigator/Destroyer - Sentinel and Instigator are worthless paths, ALL should be made viable).
    6) PVP: Add a "solo-Q" and a ''group Q" option rather than the current system.
    7) "Fix ranking system, ELO is not working"
    8) Reduce the XP needed for each overflow level.
    9) Reduce PVE mob HP - the last patch that buffed this was too much
    10) Potions(healing) give you next to nothing when mobs in PVE can one shot you.
    11) Paragon for the SW/HR are broken - mainly due to regen and lifesteal changes that seemed to be based on previous versions of HP in mind.
    12) Need more "open world" activities for players past 70.
    13) Shouldnt feel like I have to group up in order to do daily quests (his example, he is 2k item level paladin and cant kill anything)
    14) It takes too many refinement points to rank artifact equipment up to purple, let alone legendary.
    15) Rank 7 enchants should offer more than just 10 points over rank 6 enchants.
    16) Server Stability - lag and constant disconnects during important fights.
    17) Many bugs with regards to power not working correctly - which either makes them worthless or Overpowered. An example is Trickster Rogues Shadow of Demise capstone. This is not working correctly.
    18) The game has gone from being fun to being a chore with things like daily quests especially on alt characters.
    19) A large wall has divided the old players against the newer players. Changes in the future need to be aimed at catching more players up, not increasing the divide.|
    20) Leveling areas 61-70. You are stuck in each zone MUCH longer than the 1-60 leveling zones. Example is Whispering caverns had only 30 quests to do, the new zones have 48 and are all time gated.
    21) EXP curve lvl 61+ takes too long for each level.
    22) A non-DPS cleric (healing cleric) is unable to do solo play due to mob HP. His damage is too low to solo.
    23) Increased communication from the DEV team to the players. (Specifically, regular updates acknowledging player concerns and there is a plan to address them)
    24) "Say NO to unrealistic goals of the company" - Module 6 was rushed, had to be pushed back, and was released worse than many Alpha builds we have seen.
    25) Dont ask players for feedback on a test server if most of it is ignored. (Many of the issues with module 6 were brought up on the forums. An example is the Paladin class that still has issues with something brought up day 1 of the PTR).
    26) Tool-tips do not actually reflect the true ability of each skill.
    27) "Where is incentive to run dungeons? What do I do after I get my T2 armor?"
    28) Campaign zones level needs to be lowered by 1 level to make them easier to do.
    29) Foundry was a huge selling point of the game and has been neglected. There was a thread created about the foundry that gave great feedback and went nowhere.
    30) Feats and Abilities do not work as the tooltip says or as intended. Again, TR Shadow of Demise (Only applied by an encounter and only to a single target at a time - the tooltip does not state this.)
    31) Potions dont heal enough. Used to heal for 8,500 when people had 30-35k HP. Now they heal for 10k and players have over 100k HP.
    32) Tanks are getting 2-3 shot by enemies. We appreciate you trying to make tanks mandatory however the damage is too high for them to handle.
    33) Great Weapons Fighters need more Defense/Damage resistance. GWF also need a true "dodge" they have to run halfway across a map to avoid an attack while other classes can just dodge.
    34) Trickster Rogues need more base damage, but Piercing Damage should not ignore tenacity (as it currently does)
    35) Greater Marks of potency should drop more and cost less and be used less for upgrades. (Maybe use other greater marks as well and create a market for those too)
    36) Reduce the healing of PVE mobs to mimic player "healing" Some "hunter mobs" can self heal for 60-80k.
    37) The game difficulty should be based on an AVERAGE player. With 2k ilevel its nearly impossible to do Ice Wind Dale quests.
    38) We want builds that match our "role" in groups.
    39) Bring back dungeon delves - we need bind on equip items that can be sold.
    40) Remove Astral Diamonds as the currency from the Auction House. Make players use gold or zen.
    41) Game has stopped being fun, its just a grindfest. Time spent is just logging in to pray or do professions.
    42) Make the game playable as solo-able again. (Player went to IWD and was killed quickly)
    43) A weekly state of the game, a chance to let the community know they are being listened to and not just hitting a brick wall.
    44) Story/Lore has been lacking as in previous modules. Player has finished Elemental Evil twice and zero desire to do it again.
    45) Bring back the "lost dungeons" (The ones that were around at 60 that never came back - like castle never)
    46) Religion should be more meaningful. Religion based quests/lore etc.
    47) Allow seasoned players to skip tutorial for Alt characters.
    48) Regular dungeons/skirmishes/quests should be easier. IceWind Dale and other modules should be easier. T2 dungeons should be hard but not 1-2 shot players.
    49) Bug fixes should be done one character at a time. Once the major issues are fixed, move onto another class. Rather than trying to focus broad on big class issues. Focus on one at a time.
    50) Enchants need to be balanced. Examples are Negation/Elven being no brainer picks while others have fallen by the wayside. Suggestion is to not just nerf but maybe increase benefit of others.
    51) "Over enthusiastic buffs to power/feats" have left some OTHER paths of classes unplayable/not viable as the class becomes centered around those abilities.
    52) Time spent in the game doesnt feel rewarding. Overflow EXP used to be rewarding but now its too high. Gametime play doesnt "earn" me anything. Neverwinter Combat League is a good example about how "rewards" drive player activity - gave players something to aim for
    53) Matchmaking based on ELO is a battle between que time and accuracy. Need separate ques for premade teams and solo Q players.
    54) Communication from DEVs are horrid. Players feel left out, no point in giving feedback, like they are talking to brick walls.
    55) Warlock Class - Damnation has a bug with Soul Puppets able to deal millions of damage per hit. (denvald) is the handle of the guy who posted this.
    56) Casting times are too slow in PVP, many times you try to cast and people just walk out of range.
    57) Defensive and Offensive capabilities of warlocks are lower than other classes. In PVE everyone is forced to rely on SoulPuppets.
    58) Temptation Warlocks - literally no role in a group - an off healer at best. Lacks Support, does not make a desirable group member to take into dungeons.
    59) Warlock - Curses. There is no synergy. Many abilities consume the curse forcing warlocks to spam curses all day long in dungeons. The curses should stay on the target until death so you can get the 20% damage bonus from it.
    60) PVP: Roots affect players while dodging. (example is Control Wizards Icy Rays)
    61) PVP Domination Games can take too long when players build so defensive it takes 5 players to kill them. Do this on all three nodes and the game never ends.
    62) EXP earned from 61-70 is horrible. Also Overflow experience required is too much.

This. Pretty much this.

Also, as others have noted, some kind of reassurance that these issues will be addressed, and that this thread isn't simply a tool to allow players to vent, than be ignored.

I'll add to that monetization. How about actually courting our brand loyalty by adding value, as opposed to inducing scaricity, just so you can sell us back the solution.

I am so sick and tired of "Problem-Reaction-Solution" marketing. Its crass and exploitive.

How about showing me you value me as a customer by actually given me MORE than my money is worth. How about valuing my long term patronage instead simply looking for 'short money' so you can hit your goals on a quaterly report to your investors.

You guys act like that stuff isn't transparent. Reallly?

Lastly, don't sell me something, and than decide to change it's bound properties after I already purchased it, just so you can sell me some other version of the same thing. Thats flat out deceptive, and pretty much destroys brand reputation.
This discussion has been closed.